Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,083 members, 7,906,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 08:05 PM

Do Women Like House-husbands? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women Like House-husbands? (12582 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
devour129: N0 ! I tot its a mans world ? What's the man doing inside the house when he should be out exploring the world in terms of hustling ? Please men know your place and women know your place.
Its no longer a mans world "who rules the world? "
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Goldenboy007(m): 4:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
babyosisi:

If money is coming in then he is not a househusband,,he is working from home

But if the OP meant househusband exactly as we have housewives
As in stay home.take care of the kids,cook ,clean,wash clothes and dishes,drive the kids to school and back
Probably cook soup stew and make moi moi and pound yam

And then at night he will turn to man on the bed? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Chukwu Aju !!

I say Tufiakwa till the power of infinity
I might as well cut off his manhood and put it inside my briefcase

Tua!!

My sentiments exactly! what kind of men are we breeding these days she-male? no wonder gay sex is taking upper hand! why don't you just donate your blokos to your wife too! Nonsense-upon-ingriedence - Chief Zebrudaya
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 4:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
devour129: N0 ! I tot its a mans world ? What's the man doing inside the house when he should be out exploring the world in terms of hustling ? Please men know your place and women know your place.

What is a man's place and a woman's place?
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by keepingmum: 4:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
priscaoge: Hell No!!! Some Men hate housewives so I bet Ladies will like it when their hubby choose to βε a househusband. Besides,the man should get ready to take shits from his wife because not all ladies will choose to βε τђe bread winner of the house and βε happy about it. Men should head τђe family not τђe other way round.

A man is the head of his family if he makes money or not.

A woman who is the bread winner does not become the head of the home
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by ReubenAbati: 4:41pm On Sep 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by UjSizzle(f): 4:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
No thanks, I want a fairly busy man.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
These are the words of OP

Do women like it when the man their currently in a relationship with admits he wants to be a househusband some day?

Do women look down on men that don't want to have a career?

Would a woman leave a man because he wants to stay at home and take care of the house responsibilities instead of having a 'real' job?

Money isnt the issue as man has structures which yields money monthly

^ ^ Bolded

Since Money isn't the issue (OP),

As FOR ME and MY HOUSEHOLD, I'd LOVE to sit at home counting my income (The mansion I built with my money), than GO out 6a.m - 10pm, slaving and sweating for another man (probably a small boy).

Thanks..
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
babyosisi:

If money is coming in then he is not a househusband,,he is working from home

But if the OP meant househusband exactly as we have housewives
As in stay home.take care of the kids,cook ,clean,wash clothes and dishes,drive the kids to school and back
Probably cook soup stew and make moi moi and pound yam

And then at night he will turn to man on the bed? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Chukwu Aju !!

I say Tufiakwa till the power of infinity
I might as well cut off his manhood and put it inside my briefcase
Tua!!
Nne, I join you say.... Chukwu aju!!!!! By the way, this your post got me laughing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by tintingz(m): 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
BTW where are the END TIME TINZ crew grin
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
damiso: Different strokes for different folks ojere but in the TYPICAL naija setting,even if the woman is not fussed its people that will keep talking.Ehn see Tunde can you imagine his wife wakes up at 5 goes out to hustle and he just sits at home doing nothing watching nollywood.Except he can start showing everyone his bank statement to say i work from home i would not recommend it to my brother living IN Naija.I dont think we have reached that level yet.I would not mind if i earn more and his wages are not worth the childcare costs+lost man hrs commuting etc BUT i would think twice in Naija.I know its 2 people in a marraige but whether we like it or not enviroment sometimes plays a part.

Until you stop looking up to people for some validation, even if your husband leaves home every day to go husstle you'd still look for means to prove to same people that his salary is actually enough for your family so as to get their validation still sad
Leave your life doing what gives you happiness(as long as its within the tenets of morality). Stop seeking people's opinion to remain happy.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by hustla(m): 4:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
So if i get 10 trailers and 5 buses wey dey earn money for me daily, make i still dey waka up and down?
God forbid! Chilled bottle of Champagne and Ogufe early monday morning with legs crossed.. or make i wake up one morning and decide to travel the world grin grin grin

Between...

END TIME TINZ

grin
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Klinee: 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
I think no woman will ever accept that. For a man to be house-husband that is abnormal. Every woman will like their husband to earn more than them so that they can respect u as man of the house. If u earn lower than them mark it they will never respect u. Not to think of a full bloody-man staying at home as house-husband. Ah! They will turn u to rag-servant!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by tintingz(m): 4:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Reuben.Abati:
[img]http://steelturman.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451bab869e20120a5e73293970b-800wi[/img]
hehehehe spotted one grin

#EndTimeMovement
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by markstar(f): 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Omo_Alata: I don't mind having a househusband, it is still a very hard job at the end of the day. I don't see it as being lazy at all. There are many factors that go into it. If I have a job where my earning potential is higher than his plus I have a very nice health insurance package to go with it, then it will be more realistic for him to stay home with the children.
I don't quit agree wit Ɣ☺ΰ here. Its nt abt Ɣ☺ΰ doin a higher paid job and him stayin home, do Ɣ☺ΰ tink Ɣ☺ΰ bein d finance provider Ɣ☺ΰ will listen to him in sm tins? It cld work at d beginin but my Dε̲̣̣̣̥aя̩̥̊ Ɣ☺ΰ won't hold it for long, trust me.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: I think no woman will ever accept that. For a man to be house-husband that is abnormal. Every woman will like their husband to earn more than them so that they can respect u as man of the house. If u earn lower than them mark it they will never respect u. Not to think of a full bloody-man staying at home as house-husband. Ah! They will turn u to rag-servant!

Why the gross misconception?

OP said, "money is not the problem, as man already has a structure that yields money"

Don't you know you can run a multi-million online business like Nairaland without moving out of your bedroom??

Sit at home doesn't necessarily mean dude is financially empty..
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2013
hustla: So if i get 10 trailers and 5 buses wey dey earn money for me daily, make i still dey waka up and down?
God forbid! Chilled bottle of Champagne and Ogufe early monday morning with legs crossed.. or make i wake up one morning and decide to travel the world grin grin grin

Between...

END TIME TINZ

grin

grin grin I tire ooo
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by OmoAlata1(f): 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
markstar:
I don't quit agree wit Ɣ☺ΰ here. Its nt abt Ɣ☺ΰ doin a higher paid job and him stayin home, do Ɣ☺ΰ tink Ɣ☺ΰ bein d finance provider Ɣ☺ΰ will listen to him in sm tins? It cld work at d beginin but my Dε̲̣̣̣̥α̲̅я̩̥̊ Ɣ☺ΰ won't hold it for long, trust me.

Yes I will respect him. But do I gain from disrespecting jim cos he stays home n takes care our children and the household? Every couples have to find what work for them. It will work in our household cos I know the type of person I am
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 5:01pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: I think no woman will ever accept that. For a man to be house-husband that is abnormal. Every woman will like their husband to earn more than them so that they can respect u as man of the house. If u earn lower than them mark it they will never respect u. Not to think of a full bloody-man staying at home as house-husband. Ah! They will turn u to rag-servant!

You do not know all women
Respect for your hubby should not be tied to his earning power
Money doesn't make/dismake a man the head. He is always the head of his family
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Klinee: 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
bukatyne:

U dey lie!! What is the meaning of headship when he did not have the ability to control his family anymore as a man of the house? A bread-winner of a family is the head of family get it now. That people say that the man is head of family because men are naturally,normally and mostly the bread-winner. But when he fail to his position then the woman should take over!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Klinee: 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
bukatyne:

U dey lie!! What is the meaning of headship when he did not have the ability to control his family anymore as a man of the house? A bread-winner of a family is the head of family get it now. That people say that the man is head of family because men are naturally,normally and mostly the bread-winner. But when he fail to his position then the woman should take over! I support it!!!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
A house husband? Hell NO!

A man has to have a good job, focus on his dreams and with my help work towards achieving those dreams and giving our family a wonderful life.
House husbands don't have dreams? What would they dream about? Bathing the kids? Going shopping? Ah!

A man who works, has a focus on his job and dreams. Has dreams of owning his own company, works hard, plays hard, and remains the head. (My kinda man)

House-husbands rarely remain the head.
Biko I want a man who is in charge, not a man I can kick around.
Wanna be in charge? Pay the bills, work hard, provide for your family and of course love and cherish your family. cheesy grin

*catwalks away*
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Klinee: 5:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
bukatyne:

You do not know all women
Respect for your hubby should not be tied to his earning power
Money doesn't make/dismake a man the head. He is always the head of his family
4get we are all humans. A man without money is nothing! Quote me anywhere!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by yfo: 5:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amaaskia: A house husband? Hell NO!

A man has to have a good job, focus on his dreams and with my help work towards achieving those dreams and giving our family a wonderful life.
House husbands don't have dreams? What would they dream about? Bathing the kids? Going shopping? Ah!

A man who works, has a focus on his job and dreams. Has dreams of owning his own company, works hard, plays hard, and remains the head. (My kinda man)

House-husbands rarely remain the head.
Biko I want a man who is in charge, not a man I can kick around.
Wanna be in charge? Pay the bills, work hard, provide for your family and of course love and cherish your family. cheesy grin

*catwalks away*

never settle for less....however, with our current environment u might need a djinni to make your dream man a reality wink
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: U dey lie!! What is the meaning of headship when he did not have the ability to control his family anymore as a man of the house? A bread-winner of a family is the head of family get it now. That people say that the man is head of family because men are naturally,normally and mostly the bread-winner. But when he fail to his position then the woman should take over! I support it!!!

I don't live by what people say.

A man is the head because the Bible says so. That is another topic.

Tell me, if a 'manly' man has an accident and left him crippled, does he cease to be the head of his home?
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 5:22pm On Sep 02, 2013
Klinee: 4get we are all humans. A man without money is nothing! Quote me anywhere!

How would you feel if your hubby sees you as a 'woman/wife' because of se.x or your cooking
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Kirinwa: 5:36pm On Sep 02, 2013
[quote author=bimflash]I reject it.... [

/quote]

You people don't get it.It's possible now to 'work' and earn big right from the comfort of your home.Internet business are there.Although I personally intend establishing an offline business not because I need the proceeds but for social respect.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by chei: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
The perception of people especially women towards house husbands is negative. Women don't like house husbands. That's a fact.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by tintingz(m): 5:39pm On Sep 02, 2013
Most women hardly give their husband money when he needed it, even just to borrow... So I don't know why the OP ruled out Money in these situation undecided
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
byvan: Once money is rolling in from somewhere,i don't see anything wrong with being a house husband.

exactly.
Unless by househusband, dey mean i shd foot d bills.dat one is a total no no.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by mkoabiola: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
D husband don turn to swegbe.
Kolomentality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Women Clean House For Their Pastor But Don't Clean Table For Their Husband: Reno / Must Read! Omoni Dishes Out 6 Important Tips For Proper Child Nutrition / Which Is A Man's Happiest Day In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.