Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,181 members, 7,890,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:38 AM

Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo (9170 Views)

Biafra: I Don’t Care If He Lives Or Dies – Okorocha Denies Calling For Kanu’s Ha / Legalising Marijuana And Nigerian Economy / Obama Billboard: Rochas Okorocha Denies Putting It Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Longeria(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2013
ADEKUNLE ihuoma.....?

Ooh yeah, this is "SOPHISTICATED" development. Total freedom to hot pants like Berem, now you get pregnant in Aba, Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Sokoto, Akwa Ibom etc you come to Imo State, the nation's babies slaughter ground, and kill it. We elected church of Satan member as governor, so fresh blood must flow.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by zenith7(m): 10:43am On Sep 01, 2013
Anybody who fails to take responsibility for his actions and inactions is not trustworthy.
And for those of you who are in support of this bill you can Zap the hell off to where there is civilisation because this is africa. Even the western world has never for once accepted or imbibed your tradition but you're all ready to take in theirs. Talk about low self esteem and lost identity.

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by mu2sa2: 10:46am On Sep 01, 2013
Baybe: This abortion isssue is a very complicated one.

Those against abortion, what if the mother's life is in danger. Should she keep the baby and die?
It's a moral dilemma. The mother dies and the baby dies.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Monfulule: 10:47am On Sep 01, 2013
Okorocha u waste time in things dat don't matter. What abt providing electricity to d communities dat produce oil in imo state
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2013
mu2sa2: It's a moral dilemma. The mother dies and the baby dies.
So in essence, you are saying the mother should keep the baby and die instead of aborting the pregnancy?
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Carfid(m): 10:56am On Sep 01, 2013
Wetin be end time for abortion again...
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2013
I'm a pro life. It is a matter of principles and belief. I believe that life starts at conception. I also believe that life is sacred and shouldn't be taken under any circumstance. That's me. That's what I believe. I am a man. Men don't get pregnant. I'm interested in the argument. I want to understand those who tilt towards pro choice. I read the Imo State law and I think it gives the woman; any woman, the right to procure an abortion. You only have to prove that you'll be exposed to psychological hurt to procure an abortion.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Abagworo(m): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2013
I think this topic is best restricted to women. We need to know the view of women and not political opponents. My observation so far is that women are mostly the protagonists while men are the antagonists.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Abagworo(m): 11:08am On Sep 01, 2013
kITA TITA: I'm a pro life. It is a matter of principles and belief. I believe that life starts at conception. I also believe that life is sacred and shouldn't be taken under any circumstance. That's me. That's what I believe. I am a man. Men don't get pregnant. I'm interested in the argument. I want to understand those who tilt towards pro choice. I read the Imo State law and I think it gives the woman; any woman, the right to procure an abortion. You only have to prove that you'll be exposed to psychological hurt to procure an abortion.

Then there shouldn't be marriage, condoms and anything like infidelity because they are all anti-life. Infact the Catholic celibacy itself is already anti-life because the Priests sperm won't be put into use all his life.In your opinion we should just be mating and procreating from puberty to death like animals.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2013
Garri the 1st:

If this law had been passed before now moronic products of inbreeding like your hopeless self wouldn't be around to exhibit insanity...

grin grin
Waiting for the day you ll start making valuable contributions here. When you are not senselessly abusing people, you ll be busy spearheading tribal wars. One wonders if seun should not put age limits to all sections. Boy grow up.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by myboy2010(m): 11:11am On Sep 01, 2013
he be lyke say mr.okorocha don giv 1 small girl belle,him wan con use style legalise abortion so that him go fit abort 4 d gyrl
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by omicron(m): 11:14am On Sep 01, 2013
To me this is outright legalisation of abortion. Termination of pregnancy to save the mother's life has ALWAYS been legal, so he should stop using that cover up.

The other basis he stated are simliar to that used in western societies where abortion is legal. Such basis may appear logical but the issue is that they are too loose and may yet give legality to virtually any reason for demand of abortion.

For example, Who determines when a pregnancy endengers the physical, psychological and emotional health of the mother? (And do not confuse the emotional, psychological etc health of the mother with the LIFE of the mother.)
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 01, 2013
Abagworo:

Then there shouldn't be marriage, condoms and anything like infidelity because they are all anti-life. Infact the Catholic celibacy itself is already anti-life because the Priests sperm won't be put into use all his life.In your opinion we should just be mating and procreating from puberty to death like animals.

You don't have to dispose of the weak and defenceless because you can. It is not a jungle. Is getting pregnant unavoidable?
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chillypelly(m): 11:32am On Sep 01, 2013
Rochas the executive that signed the bill, Ihuoma the sponsor, Uwajimogu the presiding legislator and all those in support of this bill will have a restless enternity for their actions. I believe its a contentious bill but where has our morals flown to How do we seperate rape cases from illicit conjugal harvest. Now that the have made Imo the world capital of abortion I hope the should welcome with both arms open the huge traffic of tourists that will desecrate our land with the blood of innocent babies. Girls can now taste as many bananas as possible rest assured the bustar.ds will leave their womb on request... The anger of God is close.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by VICTORCIZA(m): 11:40am On Sep 01, 2013
Okorocha should watch it least he fall.he should remember the story of his predecesor Ikedi Ohakim who was disgrace out of office because of the attrocity he commited against the church.IF ROCHAS REFUSE TO RETRACE HIS STEP,THE CHURCH WILL DECLARE HIM PERSONA NON GRATA AND ENEMY OF GOD,THAT WILL BE THE BEGINING OF THE END OF HIS POLITICAL AMBITION.ekwuchakwam

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by andy24(m): 11:55am On Sep 01, 2013
With an open mind. I support the idea of the governor. Imagine a mother nursing a bastard, this will definately have adverse effect on the mother and on a long run the child.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chiscomax(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2013
Yeahreen: Hmmmmm, next topic pls
go get it yourself
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Divinetouch(m): 12:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Longeria: @Garri the first ** But you ended up in saying nothing

The law is to prevent unwanted or foolish babies like you, but we're saying no to it.

LWKMD
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chillypelly(m): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Abagworo:

Today the first day of september marks a huge departure of an era. Sequel to the above written comment of yours, I will make sure an Adult holds your hand while crossing an expressway.
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by shaneroberts26: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2013
Longeria: Okorocha, you're an ediot. Had it been your mother aborted you just because ABOKI she don't love rapedt and impregnated her, will you be alive to be enemy of Ndibgo and friend to those who makes us weep, I know the next on your plan is to legalise gay marriage,

Thunder will fire you before then.
This guy is a fool!
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by cold(m): 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
VICTORCIZA: Okorocha should watch it least he fall.he should remember the story of his predecesor Ikedi Ohakim who was disgrace out of office because of the attrocity he commited against the church.IF ROCHAS REFUSE TO RETRACE HIS STEP,THE CHURCH WILL DECLARE HIM PERSONA NON GRATA AND ENEMY OF GOD,THAT WILL BE THE BEGINING OF THE END OF HIS POLITICAL AMBITION.ekwuchakwam
You guys are really pathetic. When the Muslims impose Sharia law in a state you all scream your lungs out that Nigeria is a secular country & can NEVER be controlled by Muslims. But when the Church is involved you all soft pedal & place the church above the state. You guys reek of double standards it's disdainful

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by zezebabyxoxo: 12:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chiscomax(m): 12:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
zezebabyxoxo: spaced booked

behave like a married man pls. your kids are watching
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chiscomax(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
shaneroberts26:
[size=18pt]this guy is a fool![/size]

undecided
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by zezebabyxoxo: 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ok
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chiscomax(m): 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2013
zezebabyxoxo: I don't understand, what are you talking about?

who booked the space sir? we are trying to control Immature posts in threads #AIPS( anti immature post squad)
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by clint77ng: 12:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
berem: nna ike gwuru! i just avoided the thread since yesterday because if i talk now, dem go so i be pro -abortionist! Everyone seems to be pointing fingers at Rochas when the main sponsor of the bill, a woman like me brought up such an idea. Haters will continue to hate. cry
U r a fool. Do u know that this issue came up during Udenwa and Ohaki and they never signed it cos the masses said no. Why must it be Rochas whose success was made possible by christians especially cath. If abortion is good, why must he sign it in secret? This law was signed in 2012 and noobody knew. Imo must go back to the hand of God for evil to stop
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Chiscomax(m): 12:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
clint77ng: U r a fool. Do u know that this issue came up during Udenwa and Ohaki and they never signed it cos the masses said no. Why must it be Rochas whose success was made possible by christians especially cath. If abortion is good, why must he sign it in secret? This law was signed in 2012 and noobody knew. Imo must go back to the hand of God for evil to stop™
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by zenith7(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
clint77ng: U r a fool. Do u know that this issue came up during Udenwa and Ohaki and they never signed it cos the masses said no. Why must it be Rochas whose success was made possible by christians especially cath. If abortion is good, why must he sign it in secret? This law was signed in 2012 and noobody knew. Imo must go back to the hand of God for evil to stop
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by clint77ng: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2013
priscaoge: And some idiots βε like"Dis man is a fool".Jezzzz do U̶̲̥̅̊ have home training @ all? Seriously go and bring U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ Poverty stricken father 2 rule a common Age group let's see wat happens. Stack illiterates of nairaland. You can only open U̶̲̥̅̊я̩̥̊ gutter 2 say trash here,I believe his intentions sounds strange 2 you. Go and get educated b4 saying trash#Smh. Those against his intentions are those dat hate civilization,Grow up and smell τ̲̅ђe coffee,this is 21st Century not some sort of Ancient days. Read through his opinion before you comment.
I doubt if u r a chritian but i promise that God will judge u with watever u wrote here. I havent read anywhere in d scriptures where God ask us to start killing helpless innocent children in 21st century. U support abortion despite being born
Re: Okorocha Denies Legalising Abortion In Imo by Clemzy16(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
Okorocha added that the bill would equally enable every woman to enjoy reproductive rights as well as the right to medical abortion in cases of intimate assault, molestation, Inbreeding.
Okorocha added that the bill would equally enable every woman to enjoy reproductive rights as well as the right to medical abortion in cases of intimate assault, molestation, Inbreeding.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It’s Illegal To Release Asset Declaration Of Public Officeholders - CCB / Rising Food Prices Hitting Nigerians Hard, NHRC Laments / Alex Otti Conferred With Chieftaincy Title (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.