Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,711 members, 7,921,546 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:19 AM

PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction (18592 Views)

Seven Governors Shun PDP Governors’ Forum Meeting In Bayelsa / NTA Refuses Reporting Atiku, Seven Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku, Baraje, Others Form New Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
taharqa: What is it if not a clear disdain of a Minority by a 'Na we get Nigeria' section of a country. Is it a coincidence that 6 of d States above are from d North?? The same region that hv bn giving d President all kind of distractions even b4 he was voted in? Or are you telling me they are doing it for altruitic reasons?
Dont mind the clowns. All they do is play the ethnic card and then tell us not to mention it to their face. Would six northern governors have formed a factional PDP if a Yar Adua was still in Aso Rock? If you now add a factional PDP to the problem of Boko Haram then you'll begin to wonder if the president even sleeps at night.

11 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
taharqa: By d way, one of d best things that wud happen to this country's democracy and to GEJ himself just happened. About time sef...

I completely agree with you. I don't see anything but good news here.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
^^^^^^^
What are you talking about?
You mean this is the best thing to happen to gej?
You need to have some sleep
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Kingspin(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: Musiwa ,do you think think if they walked out, it would be showed on TV? whether they showed up and left or they didn't come at all, 7 must be greater than 16. grin
The story is very true, these 6 govs walked out with their delegates to Yar'dua square to hold meetings..I heard it via live radio transmission. Born to rule syndrome. And what have they contributed in this country generally.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by takeprofit: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
what next for the faction? go to court... get an injunction.... thats just waste of time and money
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
Kingspin:
The story is very true, these 7 govs walked of with their delegates to Yar'dua square to hold meetings..I heard it via live radio transmission.
Oh! they even walked out with their delegates? Ha-ha! Jonathan is in trouble! 2015 will be an action film package. grin
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by solapex: 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2013
PDP is gone! 2015 will be so interesting. I can't wait to watch this game. GEJ should have learn from OBJ. Nigerians need a national president and not ethical president.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: . Keep hallucinating. By the way, your post reeks of ignorance and did not show any trace that you are a graduate as you claim?
Are you another tony nwoye?

Haba!!! How dare you insult Mr Sincere.He is a graduate O!

He graduated from Unipetrol.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by solapex: 6:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Dike Chimezie: Good riddance too bad rubbish.
D question now is do GEJ need this prodigals to triumph in 2015?No is my answer.
What GEJ need is 'we' that voted him b4 and that shall vote him again.
GEJ all d way.
In GEJ word, no shaking.
If U̶̲̥̅̊ minus SW vote from the total vote of GEj U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what that means

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 6:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: Oh! they even walked out with their delegates? Ha-ha! Jonathan is in trouble! 2015 will be an action film package. grin

You funny nobi small. wink
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
solapex: If U̶̲̥̅̊ minus SW vote from the total vote of GEj U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what that means
Define southwest votes? Give us the empirical break down .
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
solapex: If U̶̲̥̅̊ minus SW vote from the total vote of GEj U̶̲̥̅̊ knw what that means

Even if you multiply the votes GEJ got from the sw during the last elections by 2 and subtract it from his total votes he would still beat buhari.

Do not forget not every voter in the sw is yoruba and some people will still vote for him.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
These governors control ALL the structures in their states, whether within or outside the party, yet they'r not satisfied. They'll fight with president for even the little control the president should exerts at the national level. In essence, the governors want to control the party at both state and national level and disgrace the president

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by taharqa: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
seanet02: ^^^^^^^
What are you talking about?
You mean this is the best thing to happen to gej?
You need to have some sleep
Yea, this is d next best thing to happen to GEJ Politically. It wud hv been great if All PDP were behind him in 2015 (assuming he even decides to contest) but we all had known for a long time now that, for reasons that are not at all altruistic, that was an IMPOSSIBILITY. Now, d whole game is now in d open and there are no longer any pretences bout who d players are and what their stances are. It gives d President, an INCUMENT Nigerian President for that mata, time and space to manouever and clearly pursue his own goals; and that is d best a Sitting Nigerian President can ever ask for. The gloves are now off; and d Awesome power of d Presidency unleashed. Plus, except perhaps for Kwara, this does not significantly change d calculus for d 2015 Presidential Elections- GEJ wud win Rivers and Adamawa anytime, and wud Never hv won Kano, Jigawa, Kebbi, Sokoto anyways as long as a Core Muslim Northerner was running just as in 2011. Now, since almost all d Personae Dramatis (Atiku, Kwankwaso, Lamido, Sakari, Babangida) are intensely interested in d Presidency themselves, wait till they start fighting and throwing chairs at each other. This new group wud also help divide d Core Northern vote, thereby negatively affecting whoever d APC fields as President, clearing d coast for d President.... The President only needs to FOCUS even more in delivery to d ordinary Nigerian People, esp solving d Power sector (which is well advanced already- Privatisation, NIPP, et al), and he wud win almost easily in 2015

6 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by FreeGlobe(f): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
About time, Bamanga Turkur must be dropped by hook or crook. Next time he wont mess with the Ubas.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

You funny nobi small. wink
I will be funnier than this if 7 eventually becomes greater than 16. Nigerian mathematics is the best now. grin
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Kingspin(m): 7:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: Oh! they even walked out with their delegates? Ha-ha! Jonathan is in trouble! 2015 will be an action film package. grin
Is not about Jonathan if you know politics but totally about Nigeria. Imagine more these govenor are from just one zone at of six.. 2years of this government have more problems than 8years of OBJ.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These governors control ALL the structures in their states, whether within or outside the party, yet they'r not satisfied. They'll fight with president for even the little control the president should exerts at the national level. In essence, the governors want to control the party at both state and national level and disgrace the president
You never see anything! I hope you have bought enough handkerchief because time for you to gnash your teeth and cry is near. Don't say i didn't tell you. grin
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by atlwireles: 7:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: I will be funnier than this if 7 eventually becomes greater than 16. Nigerian mathematics is the best now. grin

You probably missed maths class in SS1, less has always been more in Nigeria. Just ask Lagos and kano states. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
Insecurenigerian is about to lose his job

3 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Who's playing ethnic card? I cannot shy away from the TRUTH. Is it just a coincidence that six of the seven governors forming the so called PDP faction are from the north?

The grievances outlined by the breakaway faction bear no sign of the ethnic colouration you are projecting in this discussion - https://www.nairaland.com/1420260/why-broke-away-pdp-faction
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by seanet02: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
^^^^^^
Keep dreaming.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
berem: You never see anything! I hope you have bought enough handkerchief because time for you to gnash your teeth and cry is near. Don't say i didn't tell you. grin
The drama in PDP is only unfolding early, giving all parties enough time to maneuver for 2015. But that of APC will happen on the eve of election and before the party knows whats happening, the 2015 elections would have been over. So I advice you keep those "enough handkerchiefs" for yourself because you'll surely need many of it in future

6 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
atlwireles:

You probably missed maths class in SS1, less has always been more in Nigeria. Just ask Lagos and kano states. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Hahahahaha! you go fear arithmetic for naija! Mathematics have always been my best subject up till now but when our politicians suddenly proved to us that 16 is greater than 19 and 5 is greater than 27,I just gave up!! Fear catch me!! cry
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
eGuerrilla:

The grievances outlined by the breakaway faction bear no sign of the ethnic colouration you are projecting in this discussion - https://www.nairaland.com/1420260/why-broke-away-pdp-faction

Nonsense! There's nothing new in the watery press release. They want to control the structure of the party at the national level and disgrace the president. But so far they'v failed on all fronts.

These governors control their states hundred percent but they do not want to respect the president's right to control the party at the national level
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Femolacaster(m): 7:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
chukwudi44:
Even if you multiply the votes GEJ got from the sw during the last elections by 2 and subtract it from his total votes he would still beat buhari.
Do not forget not every voter in the sw is yoruba and some people will still vote for him.
Have u forgotten that igbos and yorubas in d north really helped jonathan to make at least 30% of votes in some states in north-west and north-east. But u know d situation now, most southerners have left there. Even those remaining there will have d fear of going out to vote.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Nonsense! There's nothing new in the watery press release. They want to control the structure of the party at the national level and disgrace the president. But so far they'v failed on all fronts.

These governors control their states hundred percent but they do not want to respect the president's right to control the party at the national level

I see you've made no real attempt to counter the weighty allegations advanced by the factional group.

While we have done everything humanly possible to bring to the attention of critical stakeholders within the party the dangers inherent in the course being charted by that leadership, it has become very clear that the desperate permutations towards 2015 general elections have blinded certain people from the consequences of their actions.

In gross violation of the PDP constitution which stipulates that the NEC meeting must hold at least once in a quarter, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and a few people have been running the party like a personal fiefdom without recourse to that important decision-making organ of the party.

Despite that the PDP Constitution is very clear that the state chapter of the party cannot discipline a national officer, the Deputy National Chairman, Mr. Sam Jaja, has reportedly been dismissed by some renegades who have hijacked the Rivers State chapter of our party with the connivance of the Bamanga Tukur leadership.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
Then plus d middle belt votes u also know what that means.Btw, what gave u d conviction that all Yorubas will vote against GEJ come 2015? (2)When u mention SW,remember Lagos constitute about 45-50% of d former population and that Igbo+other minority tribe constitute about 55% of d Lagos economy.of this 55 percent atleast 97% goes for GEJ since d Igbos constitute abt 90% of d 55% because naturally 99% of all Igbos vote goes to GEJ.I can go on and on and on and on again just to proof to u y NON STOPPING GEJ.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by ochejoseph(m): 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These governors control ALL the structures in their states, whether within or outside the party, yet they'r not satisfied. They'll fight with president for even the little control the president should exerts at the national level. In essence, the governors want to control the party at both state and national level and disgrace the president
U are right local govt chairmen control local chapter , they Governors control state chapters , the president should be allowed to pick his men simple governors want to control everything ministers board appointment etc . Good riddance to bad rubbish simple

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I see you've made no real attempt to counter the weighty allegations advanced by the factional group.

What is there to counter. The summary is that they want to control the party at the national level. They want to disgrace the president. Of what use is the position of the president without a political foothold?

What happened in the NGF election? The northern governors forum chose Jang as consensus candidate, presented him to the PDP governors forum only for some of them to embarrass the same Jang they chose in the election proper.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
Some people are still living in denial grin grin grin It's all over

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by KnowAll(m): 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
Seven Governors leave PDP, Oyinlola Whoever mentioned Oyinlola's name must be a dimwit, as it were Oyinlola would not win an election in an electorial booth in front of his house in his home town let alone being an asset to any new party. Oyinlola is -1(minus 1)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulfilling My Campaign Promises Will Not Be An Easy Task – Buhari / EFCC admits receiving petition on Osinbajo’s firm / Osinbajo Inspects Gamji Water Project (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.