Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,875 members, 7,952,566 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? (12755 Views)

Satanic Suggestions While Serving God / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by orgasticdance: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
No thanks. Heaven will be worse than Noth Korea. Imagine a place where u cant booze, u cant smoke ganja, u cant have org.ies, u can't play Call of Duty wit ur mates, only praising and worshipping one yeye muppet dicktator morning and night, no tanks, i'll rather chill wit my hip demons and satan in hell any day

2 Likes

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by demelza: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I have changed my mind. I am going to Heaven!
so God created the entire universe and all life forms in 6 days but it's taking him 2,000 years to prepare heaven. It's going to be one hell of a place!
This has to be one of the best explanations for going to heaven. I love it.
You are so right, a place that has streets paved with gold will definitely be one hell of a place.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Bluediamond1(f): 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
Kitay: My question is this!
Do we serve God because we want to make heaven and not go to hell?
Or because we love Him.

To me, it should be because of the later, because when we love, we can do anything †̥o keep it growing and going.
Jesus said, Loviest thou me? 3x
exactly.well said.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Sall(m): 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
That place called heaven will be the most borring place to live in rubbish
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hmmmm. This a real tough one. May God forgive my every sins and thoughts

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
pekelepekele: [size=18pt]God is unchanging , God is enough .No matter what you are going through right now , God is there for you. I love God .

If you love God like this post and let me see how many nairalanders love GOD
[/size]
I am no 1 to like your post and first time to comment

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by MAYOWAAK: 6:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
A Coup was attempted which led to Lucifer being thrown down from heaven. Now how do you know another coup hasn't occured....a successful one this time, and the god you know has been overthrown and replaced by another god? The last record is 2000yrs old, and obviously there is no way to know what has been happening in "heaven".

Maybe a tyrant has overthrown the god in whose tenure the bible was written, so which god are you worshipping? Or is it the office of "god" you worship and not whoever sits in it?

3 Likes

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Abaniwealth(f): 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
I serve God bcus i luv so mch,nt just 2 4 wealth,bt 4 his supremacy in d whole universe.HE KNOWS D Thoughts nd plans He has for me.plans 4 good nd not 4 evil to give me a final outcome,HE IS AN AWESOME GOD.,

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by pekelepekele(m): 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2013
ChineduDavids: I am no 1 to like your post and first time to comment

GOD BLESS YOU SIR
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by pekelepekele(m): 6:59pm On Sep 01, 2013
demelza:
All this grammar for likes.
Fùcking pathetic!

GOD WILL FORGIVE YOU

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
hmmm...am trying to serve myself, my fellow humans and my ecology in order to experience the best translation.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by duality(m): 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Oyinprince: Wen i was a babe, i struggled toserve God cos i feard hell nd wanted to make heaven. Now, i know Im a CITIZEN of heaven, i serve God because I LOVE HIM SO MUCH

[b]You don't become a citizen of heaven by mere verbal affirmation. Heaven is a place for prepared people. You have to Strive to enter in at the straight gate; because it's so narrow.

Remember the scripture Matt 7;22-23 Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles? 23,And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME.......

Now you see that the people here assumed that they are are already "citizens of heaven" considering all they have done.

Remember the story of the 10 virgins. "They were all virgins; but some were wise and others were foolish"

The scripture in Rev 3; 11 says; Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
Also in 1 Peter 4:17-18 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?

These scripture I highlighted points to the fact that going to heaven is a SERIOUS business. Any christian takes his eyes off it, he or she may likely miss it.

Finally, The devil is striving to take the focus of Christians from heaven in order to trap them. I don't know how to stress this but I believe you should know. The minds of Christians this days are so earthly rather than heavenly. remember Luke 12; 34: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also
How many Christians work by faith this days and not by sight? your guess is as good as mine.

I'm not saying you are wrong. But the scriptures I stated above is telling us something; that your maxim tends to downplay. We must strive to enter heaven as Heaven is a prepared place for prepared people.

God bless.

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by aladdin001(m): 7:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
musKeeto: I don't care much for heaven. Maybe just the climate..

Hell will be a much fun place.. Heaven is for zombies.

i pity ur life cycle. devil go use u do boilee (roasted plantain) for hell.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Bluediamond1(f): 7:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nice one peeps but pls dnt get it wrong at all,u knw most if not all of us accepted Christ as our lord and savior maybe when we were in dire need of something like success,miracle job,healing,fruit of d womb and so on.so be true to urself,was it because you wanted 2make heaven u accepted him or u jst wanted to those miracle.
PS:doesnt mean u dont love God before accepting him.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by poweredcom(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
MAYOWAAK: I have changed my mind. I am going to Heaven!
so God created the entire universe and all life forms in 6 days but it's taking him 2,000 years to prepare heaven. It's going to be one hell of a place!

Haha I beg I like dis...post....omo me no send heaven or hell...na wash jare Lamba...lamba...from the onset....omo God dey us..ok...I stik to Baba ...traditional diety jare...Bleep christainity n islam
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by mayorhy: 7:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Blue diamond: Seek ye first the kingdom of God and every other thing shall be added unto you,right? At least that's what the Bible says but how many of us serve/worship God because we crave to make heaven?
Many accepted Christ for the sake of miracles,material things or just for whatever reason.
So truly why are you serving God?
I'll tell you mine;
1.i was brought up to know there is God
2.i feel by servin God i can get wateva i desire,wether material or wateva
that was before but now that i knw better,am aiming to make heaven?
So over to you guys.
was that why God brought u into this world? 2 make heaven , if he wanted u in heaven u wouldn't be here or he would have taken u when u gave ur life to Christ! God does not need u in heaven! He created this earth for u to dominate! And be a minister of reconciliation, leasding people to him and manifesting his presence in ur world! And who told u d kingdom of God is just heaven? If u believe and accept in his son Jesus Christ, the bible said u re saved! It is not of works, but by grace! U re going to heaven not because of ur works but because of the works of one man ,, Jesus Christ! Your aim should be to grow and manifest the kingdom of his dear son in ur world leading people to him! Wetin u wan go do for heaven ? To rest ? When thé harvest is plenty and labourers are few
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by skillet(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
most interesting topic i have seen in a while. lets ignore the atheists here who are obviously trolling; in case they dont know.

truth be told, serving God means serving the kingdom of God and that also means serving the kingdom of Heaven. so, it goes without saying, if you serve God, you serve Heaven. it is impossible to serve God for any other reason. #team Heaven.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by ReubenAbati: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by satellitedaisy: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
I serve God becos I respect him for his love for me
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by cold(m): 7:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
You're all wasting your time. We'll all be in heaven,even atheists! Yes you read right atheists! We'll be there too. Although i'll be taking a leave of absence to visit hell & rock with the hawt damsels
In the words of the so called Holy See

[b]The Holy Father is full of surprises, born of true and faithful humility. On Wednesday he declared that all people, not just Catholics, are redeemed through Jesus, even atheists. However, he did emphasize there was a catch. Those people must still do good. In fact, it is in doing good that they are led to the One who is the Source of all that is good. In essence he simply restated the hope of the Church that all come to know God, through His Son Jesus Christ. Francis based his homily on the message of Christ to his disciples taken from the Gospel of Mark. Francis delivered his message by sharing a story of a Catholic who asked a priest if atheists were saved by Christ. "They complain," Francis said, "If he is not one of us, he cannot do good. If he is not of our party, he cannot do good." He explained that Jesus corrected them, "Do not hinder him, he says, let him do good." The disciples, Pope Francis explained, "were a little intolerant," closed off by the idea of possessing the truth, convinced that "those who do not have the truth, cannot do good." "This was wrong... Jesus broadens the horizon." Pope Francis said, "The root of this possibility of doing good - that we all have - is in creation.""Even them, everyone, we all have the duty to do good, Pope Francis said on Vatican Radio. "Just do good" was his challenge, "and we'll find a meeting point." Francis explained himself, "The Lord created us in His image and likeness, and we are the image of the Lord, and He does good and all of us have this commandment at heart, do good and do not do evil. All of us. 'But, Father, this is not Catholic! He cannot do good.' Yes, he can... "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us, with the Blood of Christ, all of us, not just Catholics. Everyone! 'Father, the atheists?' Even the atheists. Everyone!" We must meet one another doing good. 'But I don't believe, Father, I am an atheist!' But do good: we will meet one another there." Father James Martin, a Jesuit priest, told the Huffington Post, "Pope Francis is saying, more clearly than ever before, that Christ offered himself as a sacrifice for everyone. That's always been a Christian belief. You can find St. Paul saying in the First Letter to Timothy that Jesus gave himself as a 'ransom for all.' But rarely do you hear it said by Catholics so forcefully, and with such evident joy. And in this era of religious controversies, it's a timely reminder that God cannot be confined to our narrow categories."Pope Francis is trying to deepen our understanding of the fullness of Christ's sacrifice and its reach, which extends to all men and women. We often fall into familiar ways of thinking that are closed. We divide ourselves into groups, forgetting that we are all children of God, identical, regardless of any divisions we establish for ourselves.We are also all called to the One who created us and, through His Son,is recreating us anew. He calls us to accept His salvation[/b]

http://www.catholic.org/hf/faith/story.php?id=51077

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by modextus(m): 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
sanniemoe: Hmmmm. This a real tough one. May God forgive my every sins and thoughts
oboy! Same here amen.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Osama10(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
So by the time you all supposedly go to your heaven, what happens to the earth?
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by kalimera101: 7:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
personally, I don't care about heaven, i don't even know if it exists. But I serve God to be happy.
When I believe in him,I feel all my problems going away to me that's true happiness.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by pof600: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
Except that your imaginary god doesn't exist. Does that disappoint you?
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by skillet(m): 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
Osama10: So by the time you all supposedly go to your heaven, what happens to the earth?

google it.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by judedwriter(m): 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
Read the parable of the 10 talents in matthew 25; if u don't serve God wit ur talent u may not make heaven. Hwever we don't serve God just because we want to make heaven, we serve because we want to obey him in love wink
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Did we serve God b4 to go to hell fire?
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by kwajahafiz(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Think deep, because your gifted with the power of thought, and it will dawn on you that the allegorical heaven alluded to in the scriptures is within you and here right now, so if u are worshiping because of a fear of going to hell then you are living in sin, the sin of the fear of blackmail. You dont love God, you are just scared of burning in eternal hell, and there is no such thing.
just realize the pure glory of God now, and you are in paradise already, no covetting, no jealousy or malice, no anger, and lust, and no desiring of any sorts, now that was the heaven christ spoke of, but little minded people which comprises the multitudes will never know this, and so they live in fear and hope for streets and castles of gold with white bearded God all adorned in glistenning white rainments upon thier death...
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Patyaks: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
yes am servin God to make heaven
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by youngus: 7:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
I serve God cos He is my creator,by so doing all other things dat i may need will be given to me.Heaven inclusive!
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by skillet(m): 7:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
pof600: Except that your imaginary god doesn't exist. Does that disappoint you?

not half as disappointing as your school fees.

1 Like

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by switdil(f): 7:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Evevrybody is saying love God love God
Who truly love God these days
Do we even know waht love is
When u truly love Someone or something, u ll do anything for em or do anything to av em
How many of us can do anything for God
But he's awesome
Even wit d lil or no love we shown he still loves us greatly
Thanks for his mercy n grace
But my own question to OP n everyone is
If u dont love God, how can. U want to go to his Kingdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today / How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.