Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,860 members, 7,952,504 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 04:44 PM

Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? (12754 Views)

Satanic Suggestions While Serving God / Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by laughinggal(f): 1:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
You have a very good question here, but before i contribute to your question let quickly ask you, are you respecting you only to inherit his house? your answers may be yes and no, i serve him because it is my duty as one of God's creature to serve him, then the benefit of my serving him will be for me to enter heaven.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Ayomivic(m): 1:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Kitay: My question is this!
Do we serve God because we want to make heaven and not go to hell?
Or because we love Him.

To me, it should be because of the later, because when we love, we can do anything †̥o keep it growing and going.
Jesus said, Loviest thou me? 3x
To love God and to fear God, both is working towords thesame goal.

Jesus repplied the pharises that ask him tha with one is the first of commandment by saying the first commandmet is that

"you should love the lord your God with all our heart and with all your soul and with all your mind with all your strength. That is the first and great commandment" (Matthew 22:37 )

king Solomon, in his book he says and quote

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter; fear God and keep his commandment for this is the whole duity of man. For God shall bring every work into judgement, with every secret thing whether it good or whether it evil. (Ecclesiates 12:13-14)

Now the question is, why do i know i love God? If you said you love God. Is it not by keeping his commandment?

How do i know, i fear God? If you said you fear God. Is it not by keeping his commandment?

If you said you love God that is why you worshiped and adore him and not because of hell and heaven. Are you saying you don't need heaven?

If you don't love God you won't fear him or keep his commandment. The people that does not love God or fear him are atheists, that is why they don't fear hell and heaven.That is why they blaspheme his holy name.

Every Christians love and fear God.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Fynestboi: 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
musKeeto: I don't care much for heaven. Maybe just the climate..

Hell will be a much fun place.. Heaven is for zombies.
ignorant
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Fynestboi: 5:09pm On Sep 02, 2013
orgasticdance: No thanks. Heaven will be worse than Noth Korea. Imagine a place where u cant booze, u cant smoke ganja, u cant have org.ies, u can't play Call of Duty wit ur mates, only praising and worshipping one yeye muppet dicktator morning and night, no tanks, i'll rather chill wit my hip demons and satan in hell any day
Good 4 u ignorant ur cry 4 help wud be d loudest.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
I Just wanna do what is right cool
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by Funkadict(m): 10:29am On Sep 03, 2013
I'm serving God because I love Him, and now I know that heaven starts from within me. My body is His Temple thus making me experience heaven right here on earth. It is a refreshing joy and peace that no earthly wealth can give. No wonder I don't feel troubled, or scared by national disasters, terrors and wars, He had already hinted me that all those will happen and that He has already overcome the world. When you seek heaven, every other things will indeed be supplied. Plus a hope that after leaving this earth, you still have a better place of eternal rest. I love you Lord.
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by shalmen: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
Flyboy Zee: That's the first question I ask every tithe preaching Pastor.
Jesus, the Christ himself made it clear that one can't serve Mammon and God at the same time. In essence, if you go to church because you want to be rich and be blessed abundantly, it would be very difficult for you to make heaven, because you have already received your reward here on earth.
and you shall serve the Lord thy God & He shall bless thy water & thy bread, He shall remove sickness away from you and there shall nothing cast her young or be barren in thy land, the number of thy days I shall fufill Exodus 23:25. YOU SHALL SERVE & HE SHALL BLESS U . . . get it?
Re: Are You Serving God To Make Heaven? by bamdesh(m): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
cold:
Lol..i saw what you did there

I couldn't agree more..na serious faji go dey that place. Can't wait

you dey rush ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today / How Many Offerings Does Your Church Collect During Sunday Service / Quote Your Favourite Scriptural Verse Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.