Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,523 members, 7,888,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:27 PM

Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal (27361 Views)

Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal / Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal / Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by gsparks01(m): 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
satmaniac: Man utd just sign maroune felaini £27.5m and coentrao on loan.
e no consign us
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Joshrob(m): 11:42pm On Sep 02, 2013
theoctopus: 42.5 million for Ozil is a bad buy. Why Spend that amount for a player that is slow and lazy and never tracks back or defend. Wenger knows Arsenal fans are so desperate, they will accept anything. He could have gotten Suarez for 50 million instead and then Arsenal's season would have changed drastically. Ozil will not change Arsenal much. If he was that good, Madrid will not let him go. They would have sold Di Maria instead. Panic buy me thinks and the fans are rejoicing because they have been so starved. They are even calling it the signing of the summer. So delusional. grin
Liverpool are not ready to sell suarez to any team in england(EPL) and wenger can not force them. He was fully ready to sign suarez but they are not selling. Ozil is a very good buy. Di maria is also a good player but we don't need him,he can't score goals
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Seequadry(m): 11:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
satmaniac: Man utd just sign maroune felaini £27.5m and coentrao on loan.
Oga na radio u dey watch?? Abi u no check ur spelling very well..coentrao no dey go anywhere ""ur source don betray u""
Official statement released by madrid site only add ozil(mf) adan(gp) to d outgoin's...nd transfer window don close 4 europe I think maybe u should restart ur radio so u can get a better update #sir
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by theoctopus: 11:50pm On Sep 02, 2013
Joshrob:
Liverpool are not ready to sell suarez to any team in england(EPL) and wenger can not force them. He was fully ready to sign suarez but they are not selling. Ozil is a very good buy. Di maria is also a good player but we don't need him,he can't score goals

Ozil does not score goals either. Suarez would have gone for 50 million. Brender Rogers said so very clearly. He said if you want him, pay the correct fee. Ozil is a slow player and very lazy, just like Benzema. Ozil, Higuain and Benzema cost Madrid the last 2 champions leagues because they are not fighters. Higuain, I could understand because he lost it after his last bad injury. Ozil is a good player no doubt, but not what Arsenal need. Arsenal need to replace Song and also need a CB. The defense is poor. You think Ozil will scare PL defenders? lol

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by lafuria1(m): 11:51pm On Sep 02, 2013
theoctopus: 42.5 million for Ozil is a bad buy. Why Spend that amount for a player that is slow and lazy and never tracks back or defend. Wenger knows Arsenal fans are so desperate, they will accept anything. He could have gotten Suarez for 50 million instead and then Arsenal's season would have changed drastically. Ozil will not change Arsenal much. If he was that good, Madrid will not let him go. They would have sold Di Maria instead. Panic buy me thinks and the fans are rejoicing because they have been so starved. They are even calling it the signing of the summer. So delusional. grin
Ozil has improved tremendously, he was very vital in Madrid triumph over Barcelona with assist to cr7. The only reason u mentioned that he his a bad guy is that he doesn't track back, well that's the work of a DM and knowing how fragile he is, he needs to conserve energy. We may agree and disagree on how good he is but stat don't lie. He has more assist than iniesta, Xavi and fabregas combined. Among all d attacking midfielders in the world now, ozil Will surely make top 10.

2 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by flolancracker: 11:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
grin finally!

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Peterboy1(m): 12:00am On Sep 03, 2013
Davijunson: as a Real Madrid fan, it hurts me dat oëzil had to leave....buh it even hurts me more dat he left for arsenal...a club dat cannot compete for trophy....too sad..

go hug transformer na what are u waiting for
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by theoctopus: 12:00am On Sep 03, 2013
la furia:
Ozil has improved tremendously, he was very vital in Madrid triumph over Barcelona with assist to cr7. The only reason u mentioned that he his a bad guy is that he doesn't track back, well that's the work of a DM and knowing how fragile he is, he needs to conserve energy. We may agree and disagree on how good he is but stat don't lie. He has more assist than iniesta, Xavi and fabregas combined. Among all d attacking midfielders in the world now, ozil Will surely make top 10.

Stats dont lie indeed and so does performances. Did you watch the world cup and the Euros? Ozil is that kind of player that is very fluid when his team is dominating a game but gets lost and irrelevant when his team is not dominating a game. Ozil, unlike Suarez, cannot create goals in a team that is not controlling the game. You remember how Germany fell apart in the Wolrd cup and How they also fell apart in the Euros? I am not saying it was only Ozil's fault but just pointing out to you that in such a situation, Ozil cannot step up and make an impact, but someone like Suarez will

Other examples are
Madrid/Bayern last 2 seasons, home and away
Madrid/Dortmund last season home and away

Ozil does well in spain because spanish teams give you a lot of space to play. It is the same argument I always have about Messi. He cant score that much goals in the PL or Italy. Arsenal needed players that can match their opponents physically. If spurs had gotten a goal on sunday, they would have gone on to beat Arsenal because Arsenal would have had to open up again in the second half. Arsenal would have been far better off with a Fellaini

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by OdeyTommy: 12:01am On Sep 03, 2013
It amaze me to hear that Arsene Wenger could remove 50million to buy one player.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by drkunle: 12:01am On Sep 03, 2013
great
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Pdizzle(m): 12:03am On Sep 03, 2013
This doesnt guarantee arsenal trophy, but let see it as big tin comin maybe january
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Ikenna94: 12:08am On Sep 03, 2013
Ancelloti has made d bigest mistake of his career, who can do wat ozil does at madrid? Is it isco or casemiro or illaramendi.dis is why i hate clubs dat rotate coaches like clothe. Dere is always inconsistency in dere squad just like man city they keep buyin

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Idongesit619(m): 12:11am On Sep 03, 2013
Ozil don fail medical test because of him eye too big!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by theoctopus: 12:13am On Sep 03, 2013
Ikenna94: Ancelloti has made d bigest mistake of his career, who can do wat ozil does at madrid? Is it isco or casemiro or illaramendi.dis is why i hate clubs dat rotate coaches like clothe. Dere is always inconsistency in dere squad just like man city they keep buyin

What? The thought of Ronaldo, Isco and Bale running at a defense is scary. Isco is better than Ozil by 1000 miles. You know nothing about football man. Absolutely nothing. hahahaha
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by ballabriggs: 12:28am On Sep 03, 2013
Great signing. With Cazorla, Ozil and Walcott in an Arsenal attack, Giroud is sure to bang in the goals. Not even forgetting Rosicky, Ramsey and Wilshere.

Arsene Wenger just got his Robert Pires back.

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Samunosuke(m): 12:41am On Sep 03, 2013
Haters will always hate.
If Arsenal don't sign any players, problem.
If they sign players, problem.
If they lose, problem.
If they win, problem.
Even if they fart, problem. (Although, I can understand with this)

#iRemainAGunner

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:41am On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

What? The thought of Ronaldo, Isco and Bale running at a defense is scary. Isco is better than Ozil by 1000 miles. You know nothing about football man. Absolutely nothing. hahahaha

Who told u that Isco is better than Ozil 1000 miles?. I guess u mean the opposite?

Check Ozil records and Isco, let me even give u the grace from 2010..

Most assists for club and country since 1 August 2010:
1- Ozil (91).
2- Messi (82).
3- Mata (72).
4- Ribery (60).
5- Cesc Fabregas (56).

Mesut Özil - Arsenal’s German Wizard -(m.b)

Mesut Ozil is 1billion% better than Isco, Lampard, Giggs, Gerard.
Thats why it took Madrid a lot of time to sell him because they know they're losing world best midfielder.

WATCH IT HERE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oqy2VDtUSo

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by oluamid(m): 12:42am On Sep 03, 2013
We buy wahala, we no buy wahala. Wetin una want make Arsenal do for una eh?

1 Like

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by Ustec: 12:44am On Sep 03, 2013
I hope wenger din sell hlf of d team just 2 recover ozil money next season sha....remember he read transfernomics In school...infact he graduated wit a 1st class...!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by demelza: 12:44am On Sep 03, 2013
Samunosuke: Haters will always hate.
If Arsenal don't sign any players, problem.
If they sign players, problem.
If they lose, problem.
If they win, problem.
Even if they fart, problem. (Although, I can understand with this)

#iRemainAGunner
grin Its just our way of showing concern.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2013
demelza: grin Its just our way of showing concern.

Na pipu like u dem dey call ''Meychionu'' grin
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by DMainMan: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2013
oluamid: We buy wahala, we no buy wahala. Wetin una want make Arsenal do for una eh?

u de mind dem. Up gunners
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by gsparks01(m): 12:48am On Sep 03, 2013
oluamid: We buy wahala, we no buy wahala. Wetin una want make Arsenal do for una eh?
they just wanna talk about us coz secretely they love us
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 12:48am On Sep 03, 2013
Since August 2010, Ozil has given 91 assists for club and country, more than Messi or any other player. Ozil, you are welcome to the Emirates!
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 12:50am On Sep 03, 2013
Statistically, this means -15 goals for Ronaldo this season. #COYG
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by demelza: 12:51am On Sep 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Na pipu like u dem dey call ''Meychionu'' grin
All this because I care for Assnal? Let God judge grin
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by slap1(m): 12:51am On Sep 03, 2013
OZIL >> Bale.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by ochukoccna: 12:54am On Sep 03, 2013
Great buy by AW
Definately will improve as he's only 24
Those saying he's lazy forget players improve
Case in point is Ramsey (whose added goal scoring to his game) and Giroud (who looks so different from last season's rookie)
But how come AW failed to buy a proven or even decent striker beats me hollow angry angry
Why put all your striking eggs in Giroud's basket? embarassed
Arsenal is still 2-3 injured players from a team crisis lipsrsealed
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by dotcomnamename: 12:57am On Sep 03, 2013
ochukoccna: Great buy by AW
Definately will improve as he's only 24
Those saying he's lazy forget players improve
Case in point is Ramsey (whose added goal scoring to his game) and Giroud (who looks so different from last season's rookie)
But how come AW failed to buy a proven or even decent striker beats me hollow angry angry
Why put all your striking eggs in Giroud's basket? embarassed
Arsenal is still 2-3 injured players from a team crisis lipsrsealed

He's Lazy and Man United was in race for him!

He is Lazy, both Chelsea and Man United fans are been jealous saying Madrid made a silly mistake for selling Ozil to
Arsenal.

He's lazy non of the Chelsea and MAn U fan sleep until they want to see Arsenal progress of landing Ozil whether its true or not.

I pray that na so your enemy wont sleep until he heard the good news of your progress in life. Amen.

Pls claim it by typing a big AMEN grin

3 Likes

Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by theoctopus: 12:59am On Sep 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

Who told u that Isco is better than Ozil 1000 miles?. I guess u mean the opposite?

Check Ozil records and Isco, let me even give u the grace from 2010..

Most assists for club and country since 1 August 2010:
1- Ozil (91).
2- Messi (82).
3- Mata (72).
4- Ribery (60).
5- Cesc Fabregas (56).

Mesut Özil - Arsenal’s German Wizard -(m.b)

Mesut Ozil is 1billion% better than Isco, Lampard, Giggs, Gerard.
Thats why it took Madrid a lot of time to sell him because they know they're losing world best midfielder.

If Madrid thinks he is that good, they would not sell him. Madrid is not a selling club. They have the money. Have you ever thought of that? Ozil was already loosing playing time towards the end of last season.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by ballabriggs: 1:01am On Sep 03, 2013
theoctopus:

If Madrid thinks he is that good, they would not sell him. Madrid is not a selling club. They have the money. Have you ever thought of that? Ozil was already loosing playing time towards the end of last season.

And Yaya Toure was not 'loosing' playing time at Barca before his move to City? What exactly is pushing your point if not jealousy.
Re: Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal by theoctopus: 1:02am On Sep 03, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

He's Lazy and Man United was in race for him!

He is Lazy, both Chelsea and Man United fans are been jealous saying Madrid made a silly mistake for selling Ozil to
Arsenal.

He's lazy non of the Chelsea and MAn U fan sleep until they want to see Arsenal progress of landing Ozil whether its true or not.

I pray that na so your enemy wont sleep until he heard the good news of your progress in life. Amen.

Pls claim it by typing a big AMEN grin

I know you are excited lol. But dont be delusional that a team that have signed 3 to 4 solid players in all departments will be jealous of a team that signed only one and has no solid bench. lol. Now you are being delusional. Arsenal has still not signed a replacement for Song. Ozil is not and never was a game changer. He is a fluid player for a fluid team but never a game changer in Madrid or elsewhere. You can enjoy yourself though, nothing spoil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 29th November 2015 / Chelsea Vs Hull City (2 - 0) On 22nd January 2017 / Chelsea Vs Everton (1 - 1) On 16th December 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.