Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,708 members, 7,905,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 03:14 PM

Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace (17175 Views)

Reps In Rowdy Session As Tambuwal Sides With Baraje-led PDP / Baraje-led PDP Faction A Fraud - Falana / 22 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Richtalk: 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
Okija_juju: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/angry-pdp-governors-to-jonathan-forget-2015/
They tabled the conditions at a meeting on Sunday night with President Goodluck Jonathan, 16 governors, and the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of a faction of the party, Chief Tony Anenih.

The conditions are that:

National Chairman Bamanga Tukur should be sacked; - [color=#000099][color=#000099]NO DEAL[/color][/color]

•President Jonathan should do one term only and forget re-election in 2015; NO DEAL

•the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) and Rivers State crises should be resolved; and ACCEPTED

•”harassment” of governors by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) should be stopped. NO DEAL

“The governors demanded the removal of the factional National Chairman of PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur to have genuine reconciliation in the party, a source said, adding: “They also asked the President to stick to the agreement he purportedly had with party leaders to spend one term in office. They urged Jonathan to come out openly on his rumoured re-election bid in 2015.

They listed the crises in the NGF and Rivers State and promotion of parallel party structure in some PDP states as their grouses.

WARNING..

Any negotiations that involves Jonathan not running in 2015 will not be accepted.. #PERIOD! angry

PDP Vision 2015.. In Joe we trust..

I agree with you on the rest except this;

Why should Bamanga Tukur be sacked ? As a sacrificial lamb or what?

And by the way, why are you calling BT factional chairman? Baraje is in no way recognised as a PDP chairman.

Baraje is only the chairman of a group of 7 mischievous governors and Atiku!

3 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by taiocol: 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
why put 2015 here. Its clear that we knw our common enemy... Nd 2015 is the enemy
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by ckkris: 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
Okija_juju: http://thenationonlineng.net/new/angry-pdp-governors-to-jonathan-forget-2015/
They tabled the conditions at a meeting on Sunday night with President Goodluck Jonathan, 16 governors, and the Chairman of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of a faction of the party, Chief Tony Anenih.

The conditions are that:

•factional National Chairman Bamanga Tukur should be sacked; - AGREED

•President Jonathan should do one term only and forget re-election in 2015; NO DEAL

•the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF) and Rivers State crises should be resolved; and ACCEPTED

•”harassment” of governors by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) should be stopped. NO DEAL

“The governors demanded the removal of the factional National Chairman of PDP, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur to have genuine reconciliation in the party, a source said, adding: “They also asked the President to stick to the agreement he purportedly had with party leaders to spend one term in office. They urged Jonathan to come out openly on his rumoured re-election bid in 2015.

They listed the crises in the NGF and Rivers State and promotion of parallel party structure in some PDP states as their grouses.

WARNING..

Any negotiations that involves Jonathan not running in 2015 will not be accepted.. #PERIOD! angry

PDP Vision 2015.. In Joe we trust..
Kwankwaso MUST not be seen as CONTROLLING the president of Nigeria. Does anyone control him in his state?
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by queenataba(f): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
Why do they want to arm twist the president if they r not dirty why r they afraid of EFCC which we all know that is not functional anyways. President Goodluck shd stand his grouds and not listen to these clowns no secound term my foot who r they to decide rubbish? And for Amaechi am sure posterity will judge him just becos of his selfish interest he is surpporting the north yet again to come and rule after more than 35yrs they have had already in all I see abunch of people with selfish interest and not for the good and collective interet of nigerians. They shd go to hell for all I care president Jonathan pls. Ensure u split the country if u think u cannot get a secounf term bid. Lossers

3 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by GenWOJUOLA(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Haha.... They want to come back in... Dahs all.. I was expectin them to form anoda party or better still, join APC. Its now i knw how strong willed that Amaechi guy is... Wish i could have that kinda morah.. Me-against-the-PDP, and still stand
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Fazhy: 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Removing Tukur means end to GEJ 2015. That is a NO-NO for the president.

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Bizibi(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Timcy01: You cannot pour clean water into a dirty bottle and still expect the water to be clean. So if Atiku, Amaechi, and others feel they are too righteous to remain in the so called corrupt PDP let them go and form their own party. I wonder why they complain of PDP yet they can't leave PDP. I think dats fishy.
that's true why saying anoda faction instead of anoda party,it is just a game and it will backfire bcuz they are just desperate to take power by force
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by ckkris: 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
alaoeri: The end is near for PDP, baba God abeg set more confusion amidst them.
Back to sender

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by psucc(m): 2:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
3 of those conditions may be met but the 2nd is quite impossible. But whether or not, i see GEJ as the president with majority of opposition the NASS come 2015.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
The Response should give them is, that they can create as many factions as possible, but bottomline is, GEJ will be sworn in again and the rest will play out in court.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by psucc(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
psucc: 3 of those conditions may be met but the 2nd is quite impossible. But whether or not, i see GEJ as the president with majority of opposition in the NASS come 2015.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by ckkris: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2013
GenWOJUOLA:

I was expectin them to form anoda party or better still, join APC.

APC rejected them.

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Chigorkizz(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
Oboy.tins don baburu.kai!
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by bknight: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
I just don't trust anything with Atiku attached to it.

These guys are really desperate undecided
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by ckkris: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
AnodaIT:

GEJ FOR 2015
WE DO NOT NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS!!!

Especially Amechi & his Boko Haram governors.

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Youngtekkey(m): 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2013
otunba shonny: APC all the way
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by ukemilia(f): 3:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
Y stopping EFCC,sometin is fishy if this pple should rule us,
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by joseph1832(m): 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Majority of you guys here forgot that most of these APC politicians were once members of the Pdp!

Just because a wolf changes its pack doesn't mean that it's not a wolf!.

Be it APC, PDP, APGA, ANPP or whatever political party, the typical Nigerian politician doesn't have the interest of the common man at hand! They only see the common man as "means to an end" nothing more, nothing less!.

1 Like

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by fnk: 3:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
But the name BARAJE doesn't that mean something in Yoruba language. This split move would have been good if it was being spearheaded by the youth say between the ages of 18 to 40 years. With a clear intention to take the politics from the old and corrupt to a younger generation. And mobilize across party line inviting every young Nigerian to join in and change the leadership land scape of Nigeria come 2015.

But we all know what is going on that it has nothing to do with you and me in terms of favoring us for our good.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by akpanbaba: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2013
Goodluck should forget re=election ko,re-election ni.May be he should handover to Atiku or Buhari.Very unfortunate the stoppage of Boko Haram madness is not included as one of the conditions.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by phantom(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
lol....when i said jonathan was a learner in politics people thought i was typing rubbish.when i said this amaechi issue would blow up in his face, many people here were screaming federal might.i laugh in ijaw.if he was wise he would have doused the flames while they were burning the candle stand and not now the whole house is ablaze.and as for that useless minister of state for education and mr 'go round', hope they can find their running shoes because they will be sacrificial lambs for peace to reign in PDP..and make no mistakes about it,the PDP will make peace!
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by tope777(m): 3:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
The best option is for jonathan loyalist to form another faction too, simple!
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by churchmind: 3:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
To hell wit them,what god has bless no man can stop him nt even d likes atiku,amechi etc
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Alexgeneration(m): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
traffickz: Why the EFCC as part of their options?

Thieves!
END TIME THINGZ
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by godswill4m(m): 3:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nigerians should start seeing who and who are the problems of Nigeria. If your hands are clean why then are you afraid of efcc
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by ogazi007(m): 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
It seems most people do not know the caliber of politicians in the new PDP.some of them are the founding fathers of the party, and you are expecting them to leave the party for opportunists to use and dump them?they are in the party to have their voice heard or destroy the party.Gej should be sincere to himself and honor the agreement he had with the Governors and the party leaders,or atleast give in to some of their demands to allow peace to rain.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Boss13: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2013
If Jonathan had an agreement with his party colleagues. I think he should honour it. However, at the same time I wonder when this zoning in PDP would stop.

If Jonathan fails to honour the agreement, this public display of shame is not required. Rather, the primaries should reflect who the party truly wants. The president has equal right to contest and participate in any electoral process.

Finally, these politician should concentrate on the reason why they were voted for and if I were Jonathan, I will allow peace to reign by honoring the agreement. However, I will strength the electoral process to discourage rigging. This will kick out many of these shameless politicians.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by airfinance(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
the most useless and stupid among them is oyinlola former osun state governor,he was once in the camp of jona and his gang of thiefs,the moment oyinyola was replacedor denied in his quest to hold a vital position in at the national working committe,he decided to change loyalty.who are these guys deceiving?
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by Anniettieufia(m): 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
I believe two years is enough to make things happened.

President GEJ should just do some tangible infrastructures that will amaze the whole nigerians,

he should sacrificed his salary and watch it bringing possible way out for him,
PDP, no PDP, his performance can still give him the ticket.

2 Likes

Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by deeptesting(m): 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
airfinance: the most useless and stupid among them is oyinlola former osun state governor,he was once in the camp of jona and his gang of thiefs,the moment oyinyola was replacedor denied in his quest to hold a vital position in at the national working committe,he decided to change loyalty.who are these guys deceiving?

Politics is all about interest and not unprofitable friendship...He only pitched his tent where he is more relevant,don`t forget in politics you must always remain relevant else you will be relegated to division 257.
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by gleaf: 4:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
[b][/b]
Longeria: Bunch of fools, they should add the fifth one, don't sleep with your wife. It's painful to realize that Amaechi and co who are desperate to stop the president getting second term are all in thier second term as governors.
HYPOCRITES.
I want Jonathan to know that the worst defeat never come from battle fought and lost, but from the one never fought because of cowardice. Go ahead and contest, let nigerians decide.

lol....you summarised it all bro!!!
Re: Baraje-led PDP Faction Give Conditions For Peace by deletrue: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
Longeria: Bunch of fools, they should add the fifth one, don't sleep with your wife. It's painful to realize that Amaechi and co who are desperate to stop the president getting second term are all in thier second term as governors.
HYPOCRITES.
I want Jonathan to know that the worst defeat never come from battle fought and lost, but from the one never fought because of cowardice. Go ahead and contest, let nigerians decide.
Yes, there is no thread as truthful as this. Two things are available to man. One of this man must die one day but how and when is what man cannot predict.
GEJ should not go back. The north cannot strangulate others all the times. Boko haram is still there posing strong problem and now an open war waged against others. What pains me most is Amaech and co.
Go on Jona, whatever the result, we will take. bunch of fools indeed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Query: Head Of Service Beats Deadline, Submits Maina Report To Abba Kyari / Remember Adolf Hitler; Don’t Prioritise Any Religion, Ethnic Group – Bishop Kuka / FG Now Pays About ₦‎600 Billion Monthly For Fuel Subsidy - Rainoil CEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.