Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,741 members, 7,908,876 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 01:31 PM

Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack (23919 Views)

Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey / North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA / Us, Russia Prepares For World War Iii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Chanchit: 7:15am On Sep 05, 2013
Spray:
blame it on ur father for taking you to community secondry sch

Dry and lame.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Bright2(m): 7:21am On Sep 05, 2013
I don't agree Assad should step down now for peace because the war has already started,it's already late. If he resign he will die so let the war decide his fate. undecided Honestly i don't like the way America encoureges rebels. I pray for the down fall of oppositions even in the PDP grin

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by BB013(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2013
Y'all saying if Obama do this Russia will join forces with Syria, iraq will strike Israel will retaliate, north korea will strike china wld be d victim while south korea will blah blah blah!! These re mere speculation..

U dont compare foreign politics with Nigeria or Africa..
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Sam0(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2013
Even though russians supply armunations to syria, despite hw destructive they may be,american will never come out to tell u they have gun boat,ak47 riffle,when it gets started we shall know who hav d highiest weapon, though i pray it should not happen, becos the Americans hav israel backing too.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by arent88(m): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-NTv2H-u8

ТОS-1A Russian 24-barrel multiple rocket launcher

When Western forces engage the Syrian army you can be assured that it will be nothing like the 1991 conflict in Iraq when a hundred thousand of Saddam Hussein’s soldiers surrendered without firing a shot. Nor will it be a no-fly zone free-for-all where air forces will be able to target military assets as they did in Libya without being challenged. No, this time will be different. Russia supplied Syria with state-of-the-art 24-Barrell rocket launchers ranked as the most developed artillery weapon of its kind. Syria is armed with Russian weapons that have never been seen before in the Middle East including computer guided smart missiles that never miss their target. Russia also supplied Syria with Skean 5 ground-to-sea missiles that are capable of hitting and sinking any target up to 250 km off the Syrian coast.
in ur mind nw all these weapons u claim ar in syrias possesion americas military dnt knw abt it b4 embarkin on the war right.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by pappilo(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2013
iykodfias: u talk too much!!! If u weren't a boy I'd bet my ass you're a girl

He must be a He-Biyatch then

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by ichidodo: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2013
The inaction of the Western powers is emboldening the Assad regime and its allies,America needs to do something to reduce d military capacity of assad, Cruise missile strikes is never enoughbut an establishment of no fly zones over some areas in syria especially rebel held areas would give some credibilty to America at the same time tip the balance of power away from d regime.End time tinz if we only see rhetorics not action.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by hotwax: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2013
I am a fan of America, but I do not support them on this.
Syria government is a friend of the west.

Christians are living in Syria peacefully. Now US want to destroy Assad and arm alqaida. This does not make any sense.

I guess Illuminatis have a reason for this

2 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by hotwax: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:

When Western forces engage the Syrian army you can be assured that it will be nothing like the 1991 conflict in Iraq when a hundred thousand of Saddam Hussein’s soldiers surrendered without firing a shot. Nor will it be a no-fly zone free-for-all where air forces will be able to target military assets as they did in Libya without being challenged. No, this time will be different. Russia supplied Syria with state-of-the-art 24-Barrell rocket launchers ranked as the most developed artillery weapon of its kind. Syria is armed with Russian weapons that have never been seen before in the Middle East including computer guided smart missiles that never miss their target. Russia also supplied Syria with Skean 5 ground-to-sea missiles that are capable of hitting and sinking any target up to 250 km off the Syrian coast.

This is nothing compared to American technologies.

Israel can even handle this.

I guess you have not seen any american weapon before. America is the greatest world power to ever existed. Greater than Rome. A single drone can handle this rocket luncher.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2013
Neckson: The america we have now is not as strong as b4.but obama 2 is a sensible man he knows wat 2 do
What do you mean by " They are not as strong as before". Is it that they do not have War machinery again or they are now lacking war technology or they do not have satellite monitoring techniques again or they don't have men with guts again. Please explain
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Emperor007: 8:27am On Sep 05, 2013
@ enny09, jude33084, fewj, x-factor, Bright2 , and others :

You have to understand how and why the war started, to have a clear and bigger picture of what's going on.

Why should Assad resign on foreigners terms?

It wouldn't have turned into a full scale war, if some interest from the West didn't start sponsoring both the terrorist group and the FSA, as usual , for their own selfish interest.

Have you forgotten so quickly, the Iraq / Hussein propaganda , as usual for their interest.

Question : is Iraq better off now, killing each other like chicken on daily basis?

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by mankand(m): 8:33am On Sep 05, 2013
X-factoria:

So you think that the US will attempt to sack Assad/the Syrian government without sitting down to analyze the chances and implications of Assad's backers - Russia, China, Iran etc forming alliances to attack them? You think they reason like Nigerians? What do you think they have been using their huge defense budget for? You think it has never crossed their minds that a day like this lye await for a nation of their stature? Do you ever think America is oblivious of the desperation of the Russians to achieve a balance of power since Ronald Reagan/CIA orchestrated breakdown of the soviet union?

Anyway, the reason Obama deferred the decision to intervene in Syria to the US congress was to have their inputs and satisfy the need for a high level deliberation because of the perceived possible escalation of the intended military action. The implications for the US inaction is grave. There is a compelling need to nip in the bud, the free use of chemical weapons/wmd in the middle-east. There are also huge and growing humanitarian concerns - about 6 million Syrians have been displaced since the war (I don't know where you got your 80% Syrian likeness for Assad from). There are also concerns for Israel if Hezbollah/Shiite Syria survives this or wax stronger. So please drop your propaganda that the Omar pipeline deal is spurring America to action. The US has been reluctant to act because Syria holds no economic benefit to them but the chemical weapon usage and the worsening humanitarian issues are of grave concern to "big brother". Excuses you may say but these are enough grounds for intervention. Everywhere in the world, the majority must be allowed to have their say. If Assad only controls about 30-40% of Syria as of now, he has no right to lay claim to legitimacy any longer.

If for anything the Russians are to be blamed for encouraging the Assad regime to hold on when the people are already tired of him and his government. From day one, the Russians have been arming the regime and helping them with intelligence for their own selfish reasons.

Let Assad resign, there will be peace in Syria!

I read your post and I laughed almost falling off the chair. You have been brainwashed with the cnn, BBC etc whose news have no value to me anymore due to false flags and propaganda.

You claim the us need to intervene in order to save Syria, just like how they saved Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt? Egypt was wise enough to see it was all foiled by the West to plant a puppet to control them. Do you know it was obama's brother that formed the idea of muslim brotherhood in Egypt? Have there been peace in Libya after Gaddafi death, Nigeria is also on the same road.

Russian foreign minister labelled Obama to a monkey holding a grenade. You do not underestimate another party when you are not close to them. There have been glaring evidence that these guys are alqaeda, hilary Clinton said it all cia created alqaeda to fight Russia, there are lots of financial benefits if there is a regime change in Syria for the us. They do not preach democracy they preach tyranny.

Just keep watching Obama will not attack Syria, Americans are already protesting that they do not want military intervention in Syria, us soldiers are not ready to go and fight alongside alqaeda, everyone is now wise, I guess because bba is overbought have turned back to BBC and cnn, I pray ASUU should call off the strike so that you can focus on your study.

No point commenting on your post anymore

3 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Horus(m): 8:44am On Sep 05, 2013
arent88: in ur mind nw all these weapons u claim ar in syrias possesion americas military dnt knw abt it b4 embarkin on the war right.

Nobody is claiming that the U.S don't know about the weapons, and if they show it on the internet then everybody
know about it. You should use your logic before posting
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2013
The arabs never know their friends from their enemies and still end up killing their own citizens and islamic brothers.. sweeeet grin
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by victor260(m): 8:58am On Sep 05, 2013
End time tins.....

2 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by benzion72(m): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2013
Each time I hear Russian this Russian that I laugh. Where are the Russian MIG when Israel Stealth plane enter Uganda to rescue her citizen during Idi Amin. Where are the Russian war plane during the 6 days war, where were the russian plane during operation desert storm and the second iraq war, where were the russian anti aircraft of libya and Ghadafi. When he lost almost all his children to the war and his own life.
Whoever know Assadi should tell him time is up before American eagle chew him and loose his life and all he has gather all his life. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by VirginFinder: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:

You are a learner!

Can they use the equipment effectively?

Hasn't Israel struck Syria severally of late. Did they retaliate?

Stop shitting your pants!!

The US and allies know what to expect when they strike. They'll be well prepared.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by VirginFinder: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2013
mankand:

I read your post and I laughed almost falling off the chair. You have been brainwashed with the cnn, BBC etc whose news have no value to me anymore due to false flags and propaganda.

You claim the us need to intervene in order to save Syria, just like how they saved Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt? Egypt was wise enough to see it was all foiled by the West to plant a puppet to control them. Do you know it was obama's brother that formed the idea of muslim brotherhood in Egypt? Have there been peace in Libya after Gaddafi death, Nigeria is also on the same road.

Russian foreign minister labelled Obama to a monkey holding a grenade. You do not underestimate another party when you are not close to them. There have been glaring evidence that these guys are alqaeda, hilary Clinton said it all cia created alqaeda to fight Russia, there are lots of financial benefits if there is a regime change in Syria for the us. They do not preach democracy they preach tyranny.

Just keep watching Obama will not attack Syria, Americans are already protesting that they do not want military intervention in Syria, us soldiers are not ready to go and fight alongside alqaeda, everyone is now wise, I guess because bba is overbought have turned back to BBC and cnn, I pray ASUU should call off the strike so that you can focus on your study.

No point commenting on your post anymore

They have already said there won't be ground troops. Why are you guys so headstrong?

Financial benefits from attacking Syria?

Has the Syrian situation not gone worse despite int'l isolation or 'siddon look' over the past 21/2 years?

Has Assad won?

You are not bright!

2 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by samkoro: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2013
maclatunji:

The Russians have always been one step ahead of the Americans when it comes to spying, same with the Chinese in recent decades. There is hardly any new weapon the United States has that the Russian and Chinese don't know about.

Gentleman,spying is not about peeping at lovemakers.The Chinese and Russians are good at peeping and not spying.Do you know what it means and what it took to collapse the Soviete Union and thus eliminate. Communism.U think the cold war was a joke.The cold war was bigger than the two world wars 1 and 2 put together.The only difference was ;there was no direct offensive between U.S and Soviete Unionalthough it nearly lead to a nuclear war at some point.

Listen U.S can make a Russian preident spy for her. U.S can organise a fourty year deep cover in spying if u don't know.

Do u know that durring the cold war,Russian government officials were having meetings in moving limousines and jets just to avoid U.S spying.Still their voices where being tapped from window vibrations of those cars and jets.
The Russia u are talking about was just a part of the Soviete Union. U.S dealt a big blow to it and it shattered into pieces. One of the pieces is named Russia. Russia is a little rat the big rat was Soviet Union.

Forget about china.It just a puppy for now.They can't even suppass Japan their master in warfare.They are more interested in feeding their population than wars.

Chinco weapons are usualy of low quality.The satelites they launched for Nigeria got missing in space.Their missiles usualy malfunction in mid air or hit wrong targets.Sometimes they reverse and attack the same people that launched them.

China built Ak 47 are the ones always giving the Nigerian police accidental discharge.

5 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by ayd91(m): 10:06am On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:

I DON'T KNOW IF WE NOTICE THIS but Syria is about to be turned into a total war zone and all we can do is talk about weapons.
So what if aliens give them weapons? Many Syrians are going to die and their president and all other blood thirsty cohorts will most likely be safe. War isn't good, ask Japan and Germany they'll tell you.
Russia is somewhat using Syria as a font to challenge America, and may be test its weapons.
Would it hurt if Assad step aside for the love of his country?
Egypt and Libya are still struggling to find their footings. Developments of decades gone up in smoke in hours, both sides would loose, we don't prophets to tell us Syria would suffer it the most.
Another selfish dictator sending his country into a senseless war. That's what I see.
I hope we (NIGERIANs) learn from this.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by mubalex50(m): 10:11am On Sep 05, 2013
rahazaqa: d end of d world is near
, two wrong can never make a right, syria are suffering from contagious, u can settle war wit war, @ dis point I tink diplomacy is d perfect option
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by megajay1(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Is dis how the 3rd world war I dreamt Abt 6yrs ago will suddenly start wen I am Abt to start enjoyn my life. God abeg *kneeling down to pray*let dis cup pass away from us, if it is ur will.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Horus(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcHQveeNa1I

[size=15pt]Anonymous - Syria & The Drums of War[/size]
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2013
[b][/b]something tells me syria is only a bait for something worse, and now US has taken it. they should knw that non of the arab league countries lyk them and wont hesitate to join this war they are abt to embark on...,
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by kolamilan(m): 11:10am On Sep 05, 2013
samkoro:

Let me tell u my friend,the U.S is aware of all these missiles u mentioned.Right fromm the WW2,the U.S fights wars with newly developed weapons.European countries respect and fear the U.S for this.So all these missile launchers u are glorifying will be nothing but a double barrel den gun as far as this war is concerned.

Do u know that a recent test of a new missile by the U.S and Isreal made the Russians tremble; imagine the fact that Russia became jittery and started shouting and complaining in the media,because they noticed something that was too extra-ordinary.
what do you mean by extra-ordinary ?i want you to know that number of people or weapon does'nt determine the outcome of a war but the determination you put on it. Also,a true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him and sometimes you have to pick the gun up to put the Gun down.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by mankand(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Virgin Finder:

They have already said there won't be ground troops. Why are you guys so headstrong?

Financial benefits from attacking Syria?

Has the Syrian situation not gone worse despite int'l isolation or 'siddon look' over the past 21/2 years?

Has Assad won?

You are not bright!

So you are smart?

I laugh again at you. There is no worse situation about syria in as much as the military is taking back the stronghold of the millitant. Assad is winning the war if you do not know as key stronghold of the militants have been taken back.

The west is only crying foul because they are fast loosing grip of the battle. All in all, there is no way assad is going to step down. Did you watch him in his last interview? he called your president WEAK, he said "You can not defeat terror with peace, you can only defeat them with a strong hand, thereby you isolate them, which is what the Syrian Army is doing.

Even a US senator commended the Assad Regime for Protecting the Christians in Syria because christians in Syria makes 10% of the population which have been the main target of the militants.

Go and get your facts right
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by araoke(m): 11:23am On Sep 05, 2013
Respect Bro...you have said it all
samkoro:

Gentleman,spying is not about peeping at lovemakers.The Chinese and Russians are good at peeping and not spying.Do you know what it means and what it took to collapse the Soviete Union and thus eliminate. Communism.U think the cold war was a joke.The cold war was bigger than the two world wars 1 and 2 put together.The only difference was ;there was no direct offensive between U.S and Soviete Unionalthough it nearly lead to a nuclear war at some point.

Listen U.S can make a Russian preident spy for her. U.S can organise a fourty year deep cover in spying if u don't know.

Do u know that durring the cold war,Russian government officials were having meetings in moving limousines and jets just to avoid U.S spying.Still their voices where being tapped from window vibrations of those cars and jets.
The Russia u are talking about was just a part of the Soviete Union. U.S dealt a big blow to it and it shattered into pieces. One of the pieces is named Russia. Russia is a little rat the big rat was Soviet Union.

Forget about china.It just a puppy for now.They can't even suppass Japan their master in warfare.They are more interested in feeding their population than wars.

Chinco weapons are usualy of low quality.The satelites they launched for Nigeria got missing in space.Their missiles usualy malfunction in mid air or hit wrong targets.Sometimes they reverse and attack the same people that launched them.

China built Ak 47 are the ones always giving the Nigerian police accidental discharge.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Horus(m): 11:45am On Sep 05, 2013
samkoro:

Chinco weapons are usualy of low quality.The satelites they launched for Nigeria got missing in space.Their missiles usualy malfunction in mid air or hit wrong targets. Sometimes they reverse and attack the same people that launched them

LOL
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by joe4truth: 11:48am On Sep 05, 2013
Hmmm...could this be the beginning of the war that bible talked about.the end is really here.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by BoboT360: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
US's problems are getting too much.

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by maclatunji: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
samkoro:

The cold war was a battle of political/economic ideology primarily. Communism imploded not that it was defeated by capitalism. To buttress my point, look at how the capitalism is on the verge of collapse - is there any communist system causing it? No. it is just an implosion of an inefficient system. What are we learning? Communism and Capitalism are both inefficient and unsustainable economic ideologies.

samkoro:

American propaganda has worked wonders for you to make such a comment.

samkoro:

You are just living in Lalaland, even the Americans recognise China as the new superpower.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russia Proposes Law To Expel Foreigners Who Push ‘LGBTQ+ Propaganda’ / Israeli Army Says Majority Of Hostages Held In Gaza Alive (video) / Niger Military To Prosecute Mohamed Bazoum For ‘High Treason’ As Sanctions Bite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.