Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,194 members, 7,950,136 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 09:08 AM

Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? (25499 Views)

. / How Do You Tell If Someone Is South African! / That's A Nigerian? How Can You Tell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by ezeagu(m): 11:34pm On Aug 28, 2009
africhika:

i can look and guess 90% correct.

i'm an igbo gal: caramal-colored skin, very petite, gapped teeth with big eyes. typical igbo features.

all the 9ja guys I happen to find attractive are yoruba guys. sometimes i'll see a guy who i don't know and find him attractive. usually, he'll turn out to be yoruba. anyway, most of the YOUNG yoruba guys in my church are average-tall in height. dark-skinned with very very slim faces, slim body and very high cheek bones. my sister only likes igbo guys. she likes their stocky, muscular shape and fuller heads.

yoruba: beautifully high cheek bones for men & women. women have curvy shapes. women are usually short or average and usually have small, widely spaced eyes. smooth skin, usually. personally, i think yoruba women have exotic, fashion-model looks.

[b]igbos: [/b]there is more variety among the igbos when it comes to appearance. but many of them are brown-light skinned.  igbo women tend to be on the tall side. gapped teeth and big eyes are common. yes, igbo men have distinct head shapes. very round heads. igbo men are usually not tall.

i read somewhere that during the slave trade, the igbos were marked by their skin town. in the caribbeans, slave masters would refer to any light colored african as HEEBO.

What part of Igboland are you from?
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by africhika(f): 6:06am On Aug 29, 2009
anambra. why you askin
Re: Can You Tell A Nigerian By Their Face? by ILoveFood111: 7:28am On Feb 09, 2018
CAN ANYONE TELL WHAT COUNTRY/TRIBE A BLACK AMERICAN COULD HAVE ROOTS TO JUST BY THEIR LOOKS? ���

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Bans Men From Spending More Than N100, 000 On Traditional Marriage / Photos From The 2017 Osun Osogbo Festival / Ooni Enitan Adeyeye With Oba Sijuwade In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.