Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,904 members, 7,883,140 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:25 AM

"I've Fallen In Love With You" - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "I've Fallen In Love With You" (3261 Views)

I'm In Trouble! I've Fallen In Luv With 419 devil On Facebook'' / I think I've fallen in love with the coolest babe on Nairaland? / I've Fallen In Love With a Younger Guy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
it's high time we started 'rising in love' instead of this abused 'fall in love' which most times are expressed too early in a relationship as a result of lust.
they 'fall' prematurely in lust/love, and after all said and done, they break their hearts, legs, hands, heads etc
anything that falls breaks, and the hearts being fragile break when it is lust fully and deceptively fell.
I rise in love o

Lol
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
idnoble135:
lol... Yea, you should know him and long posts. I can guess all his post should fill the whole first page or more.
angry
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
yea. I thought you asked a question and provided my opinion. But looking at the subsequent posts, i just felt it was no longer necessary.
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
lorretta u: Well I know how it feels
I know some would rather not say it for fear of disappointment
And some would rather not hear it for fear of being tied down.
It's the most enigmatic feeling of all times.
Joy,happiness,pain,affection,jealousy,
lust,passion
Are all present in this feeling called love.
Hmm
I've fallen in love with you.
Are you ready to take the roller coaster ride with me?

Really good way to sum it up smiley
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
idnoble135: yea. I thought you asked a question and provided my opinion. But looking at the subsequent posts, i just felt it was no longer necessary.

I was just thinking on my phone screen. It's what I do sometimes. When I feel stumped about something I discuss it or write it. I am very interested in what anyone has to say about it too
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
Truckpusher: Na which person son you wan deceive like this na? shocked grin grin

grin
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Okk.... Here was the original post in the light of the first two or three post i read.

It happens. There would always be some one "better" than one's partner, maybe in terms of beauty, intelligence, body type, communication skills etc.
That does not necessarily mean we quit relationships.
As a matter of fact, some one will always be better than one's partner in a way. But just like this pic says; [img] https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/p480x480/1186146_679593695403911_1647162515_n.jpg [/img] . There would be something that, that partner can do that the other can not do.
I know you are the bible type grin, so lemme give a verse that knows things like this might come up but emphasize contentment. Proverbs 5:15-21.
My bottom line is, such situation is bound to come up. One should not stay away from relationships because of such. Contentment is the answer.
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
^^ BAM BAM BAM!!! Why would you delete that at all? It's smack in the middle of what I was examining.

Look at a scenario like this:

Girl: I think I'm falling for you

Guy: Uuuuuuhh, ok. Let's just take it easy and see how it goes. Maybe we'll see if we still like each other like this in a few months.

That's an adaptation of a scenario taken out of Friends With Kids, courtesy of Hollywood.

The guy is unwilling to hook up with this woman whom he's come to know is pretty much everything he needs. (You really need to see the scene in that movie where the guy described the woman and what type of relationship he had with her, she dumped her perfect boyfriend right after for him.) He thinks he's got a better deal elsewhere until he realizes that the first girl was perfect for him and he just couldn't be satisfied not having her.

I think our parents had it right. Feelings can grow once the will to be together is present. The passion people speak of doesn't just happen (I personally know that). In short, relationships are what we make them.
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
And that's a beautiful pic, thank you. smiley
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ihedinobi: ^^ BAM BAM BAM!!! Why would you delete that at all? It's smack in the middle of what I was examining.

Look at a scenario like this:

Girl: I think I'm falling for you

Guy: Uuuuuuhh, ok. Let's just take it easy and see how it goes. Maybe we'll see if we still like each other like this in a few months.

That's an adaptation of a scenario taken out of Friends With Kids, courtesy of Hollywood.

The guy is unwilling to hook up with this woman whom he's come to know is pretty much everything he needs. (You really need to see the scene in that movie where the guy described the woman and what type of relationship he had with her, she dumped her perfect boyfriend right after for him.) He thinks he's got a better deal elsewhere until he realizes that the first girl was perfect for him and he just couldn't be satisfied not having her.

I think our parents had it right. Feelings can grow once the will to be together is present. The passion people speak of doesn't just happen (I personally know that). In short, relationships are what we make them.
Tend to agree with you.
The pre configured mindset plays a role here. There is this thing that if a lady proposes first, she has no worth. Its the mindset that has been built into many and i fear it will take a long while for such thinking to be corrected. There are some success stories that i've read where the man was grateful to the woman for his success and was more grateful that she made the first move.
But just like your last lines has it, what we've seen in Nigerian movies that depict our culture showed that even though most couples do not get to talk one or one till after marriage, they tend to get on well and the bond grows because they are willing to make it work.
Love should not just be a feeling but something that must be worked on to make it work, by BOTH parties.
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ihedinobi: And that's a beautiful pic, thank you. smiley
Its a pleasure. wink
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
You know, ehn, when your heart is involved all kinds of advice seem to acquire merit.

So there are girls that insist that a guy should play aloof to be more desirable to the girl they're into. They tend to kick against becoming friends or being "easy" with the girl if you want the girl to get interested.

I saw a movie once - I think it was Gulliver's travels - where the hero advised a young lad in love to act all rude and uninterested to a girl that he liked to gain her attention. Well, he already had it, but he didn't know. He played the part and ended up pissing her off and nearly losing her.

I don't believe that it's an aloof man that a girl wants, I think it's simply a man who's really a man and they've been misled to believe that men cannot be "mellow" and "sensitive".

Haven't we seen very hard men that think nothing of breaking another man's neck and committing atrocities but become docile like lambs around their ladies? Love is a crazy thing. It made God willing to become man and die for the most idiotic of all His creation. A girl sees a guy who thinks the world of her and decides it's the one who doesn't give as many damns that's right for her. I actually get it o but I still think it's atrociously stupid.
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
On what approach, i can not give a definite method. Methinks, on that, its different stroke for different folks.
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by UjSizzle(f): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
Love sucks, why bother?
What wants to carry all that emotion around?
I watched a movie once (LOL i think) where Miley asked, "have u ever loved someone so much it hurts?"
That's a feeling i don't think i want.
And what sucks more is feeling it for someone who either doesn't hasn't taken the plunge or doesn't wanna do it. So really, why bother?
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
This part speaks my mind.
Ihedinobi: Once those six words are spoken, everything changes. They're not words with which you make friends. Nor words with which you make enemies. They're words with which you name bonds. The tricky part is this last. What if the guy or girl says them and the girl or guy is not game? What then?

Courtesy, human kindness, or more truly hope says to be just friends and keep going. This is the least precise part of this whole issue. The truth is that human nature branches out here. At least, so I think. Some people will be able to settle into a friendship and just go on and eventually things grow into the love they desired at first. My feeling is that this is how it works if the two were only recently met and one needed time to be sure.

Other people will find restraint almost impossible and even though they'd like to be reasonable and give the other person time to discover them and find the, well, resonance or correspondence they themselves already found, they can't help the jealousy that consumes them when they see the object of their love giving equal or more attention to someone else. For them, love very easily turns into obssession and a very unhealthy one at that.

I think those two are the two main possibilities and they mix and overlap in many different ways, I imagine. For instance, someone might play the friend and suffer great jealousies and pain and hold out still in the hopes that the person they fancy ends up with them. Imagine what happens when they don't. sad Another might play the friend and eventually give up waiting, find someone else and really become the friend (sometimes, about the same time, the object of their affection is ready to love them then). It can get messy, very messy once those six words are said.

I think that's why men try to read women and understand when they're signing that they're interested in them and women read men to try and figure out whether they are available and seeing the signs they're putting out. It's a very delicate game, far more complicated than the arranged marriages our parents and their parents and those before them and some cultures around the world favored, I'll say.

I might even go as far as to say that it's probably why the world is mired in promiscuity today. *shrugs
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Truckpusher: Na which person son you wan deceive like this na? shocked grin grin
will you let me deceive you wink that would make a nice difference seeing as we are almost always antagonistic to each other. A nice sweet deception might be just what we need wink
NB. I like IHEDINOBI
Don't ask me why
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 05, 2013
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
idnoble135: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
speak now or forever hold your peace
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by addictiv(m): 10:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
[size=14pt]falling in love is one thing but staying in love however is a different ball game[/size]

1 Like

Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
lorretta u: speak now or forever hold your peace
Erm.... He is already engaged. lipsrsealed
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: Love sucks, why bother?
What wants to carry all that emotion around?
I watched a movie once (LOL i think) where Miley asked, "have u ever loved someone so much it hurts?"
That's a feeling i don't think i want.
And what sucks more is feeling it for someone who either doesn't hasn't taken the plunge or doesn't wanna do it. So really, why bother?

Why bother? Because when it does click, you're complete and perfect and life is beautiful. Try and beat that, if you can wink
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 06, 2013
loretta u: NB. I like IHEDINOBI
Don't ask me why

wink wink kiss
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135:

She's not the jealous type wink
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 06, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Hmhmm..
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
cry
idnoble135:
cry cry
Ihedinobi:

u broke my heart embarassed
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
***clears throat***
Somebody would soon start explaining himself.
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by UjSizzle(f): 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: ***clears throat***
abi oo, loretta, ishilove....who else
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
They are still coming. You better put a patent on him. grin
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Ishilove: 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Loretta ke?

Ihedinobiiiiii... Balogun lehin obinrin cheesy
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
lorretta u: cry cry cryu broke my heart embarassed

I did? Already? I was only just about to ask for it undecided
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
idnoble135: ***clears throat***

Explain gini kwanu? It's simple: if anyone wants it bad enough, they can come get it. I am a very cheerful giver grin
Re: "I've Fallen In Love With You" by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle:

Whaaaaat? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Qualities A Man Look For In A Woman / Are Guys Still Toasting (wooing) Ladies? / If A Feminist Female Asks A Male To Pay For A Date, Is This Hypocritical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.