Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,719 members, 7,914,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 02:16 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2622441 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (1043) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
samalive:
Some one pls respond to the above post. Help a brother! Thanks.
Have you tried dropping CV with and around your locality, if no, that is the first step.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
Teaching Positions

Food and Nutrition / Catering Craft Teacher: Applicant must be a graduate in a related course, female and also be able to prepare students for external examinations.

Fine art Teacher: Applicant must be a graduate in a related course and be able to teach theory and practical fine art.

Secretary: Applicant must have necessary qualifications and have advanced computer skills.

Qualified applicants should call 09096509946.

There is free accommodation and lunch
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
A Leading private school on the mainland has vacancies for the below positions

1. Admin Secretary
Accountabilities
o This position is for a versatile, hard-working and self-driven young graduate.
o Must have strong IT, communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience
o Must have acquired a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar position and be versed in MS Office preferably in a school setting

2. Primary School Teacher
Accountabilities
• Able to create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment with good communication skills and relevant experience.
Qualification
 B.Sc, B.Ed, PGDE or NCE
 Diploma in Montessori Education is an added advantage.

Method of Application
Apply in Person with CV on/ before Friday 16th January at
3 Park Road Ebute Meta West
Costain b/stop
Phone: 08033047592
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2015
My client requires the service of a female admin officer with the following requirement

Minimum qualification: OND

Proficient with social media and Microsoft office

Excellent spoken and written English

OTHERS:

Job location: ketu, Lagos

salary (30-40)k + performance bonus.

Method of application

send your resume and a cover letter to info@kamarconsulting.com by 14th January 2015

resume should not be more than one page

references will be requested after shortlisting.

only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by KBARBIE(f): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2015
opeyemy3939:
I was at a school today in Lagos for written interview, I was given past questions on 2 subjects to solve (Account & Commerce), after the completion of the test. They told me to come tommorrow for oral interview and probably micro-teaching. Pls guys, what should I expect tommorrow and also how should I prepare myself for tommorrow. Thanks.

Pls which past question did dey give u questions to solve?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2015
Slickbishop:
got a call frm d principal of Westminster college for an interview for d post of a hse master. how s d pay package and interview like? very much interested in d kind of job?
I do not know about House masters job, but if you attended a boarding school, you would know the duties. As for the pay, here are a few question you should ask them. Is there end of the year bonus? Are there leave days and leave allowance? Any retirement savings plan? Do not go below 60k if you have experience even if it is less than a year and if you're new 50k. All the best.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 10:44am On Jan 10, 2015
Givemejoy:
I do not know about House masters job, but if you attended a boarding school, you would know the duties. As for the pay, here are a few question you should ask them. Is there end of the year bonus? Are there leave days and leave allowance? Any retirement savings plan? Do not go below 60k if you have experience even if it is less than a year and if you're new 50k. All the best.

The job of a house master should be a short-term job for a young person, I was a house master between 1998 and 2000 and also combined the job with the teaching Biology and Basic Science.

You may not need to spend your salary if you are lucky to be employed as a house master, I bought my first plot of land in Ajah Lagos for 100k in 2000 from my savings as the house master of a school even-though my salary in 2000 was just ......

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 11:26am On Jan 10, 2015
manie:

The job of a house master should be a short-term job for a young person, I was a house master between 1998 and 2000 and also combined the job with the teaching Biology and Basic Science.

You may not need to spend your salary if you are lucky to be employed as a house master, I bought my first plot of land in Ajah Lagos for 100k in 2000 from my savings as the house master of a school even-though my salary in 2000 was just 9k.

The price of a plot of land in that axis of Lagos is now about N10m.

The school will provide accommodation and feeding for the house master, but it is a job one will have to quit whenever you want to get married.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by seunkeji5(f): 1:08pm On Jan 10, 2015
pls help me out. is the postgraduate certificate in education of NTI -National teachers institute acceptable in all international secondary school or university for employment in Nigeria?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
manie:

The price of a plot of land in that axis of Lagos is now about N10m.

The school will provide accommodation and feeding for the house master, but it is a job one will have to quit whenever you want to get married.
why would a male quit the job because he wants to get married?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
artisticallyart:
why would a male quit the job because he wants to get married?

If you are okay with seeing your wife and children once in a week or a month, you can keep the job. I prefer seeing my wife and children everyday after coming back from work, I love helping my children with their homework and I cannot allow any job to deprive me of the role. When I was still working for other people, I had the opportunity of working in other big schools but I declined the opportunity when I found out that my family will not relocate out of Lagos with me.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 3:17pm On Jan 10, 2015
manie:

If you are okay with seeing your wife and children once in a week or a month, you can keep the job. I prefer seeing my wife and children everyday after coming back from work, I love helping my children with their homework and I cannot allow any job to deprive me of the role. When I was still working for other people, I had the opportunity of working in other big schools but I declined the opportunity when I found out that my family will not relocate out of Lagos with me.

Instead of housemasters or housemistress, some big schools now have house parents. With this a married couple will be employed to cater for boys or girls in the hostel, and there wont be any cause to disintegrate the family because of what to eat or drink.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 10, 2015
Oga Manie we need your input on this thread more often. Thanks for your timely response.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 10, 2015
Opening!!!! Our client in the oil and gas industry requires for immediate employment. Finance Account Officer. Qualification: Bsc Accounting. Years of Exp: 2yrs. Engagement time: 3month contract. Personnel required: 5. Salary: N100,000 monthly. JD: * Process expenditure payment * Post daily business transactions into the accounting systems. * Prepare bank statement. * Prompt and efficient filling of transaction document. Interested candidates should forward his cv abayomi@abrahamholmes.com/ samuelabayomi@yahoo.com. Pls rebroadcast. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:18pm On Jan 10, 2015
artisticallyart:
Oga Manie we need your input on this thread more often. Thanks for your timely response.

I will whenever time permits, I am more active on the investment forum.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 10, 2015
A secondary school in Lagos is accepting applications for the post of Teachers, School Bus Drivers and Bus conductresses for immediate employment.
Teachers subject: Computer, Economics, Government, Home Economics, Georgaphy and Mathematics.
Candidates possessing relevant qualifications should send CVs to: fidetrice@yahoo.co.uk
Preferred area of residence/ Job Location: Around Ogba, Lagos.
Shortlisting of candidates for interviews start immediately after the day of this post.
Closing Date: 30/01/15
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 9:13pm On Jan 10, 2015
A primary/secondary school in Ikeja area needs teachers in these fields:
Maths
Physics
Chemistry
CRS
Primary teacher

Call:08029482563
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by seunkeji5(f): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2015
pls help me out. is the postgraduate certificate in
education of NTI -National teachers institute
acceptable in all international secondary school or
university for employment in Nigeria?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oluemmakay(m): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2015
FEEDBACK
It all started with a message i recieved yesterday evening...
With reference to your application for teaching appointment with Prime Rose (Montessori) School. You r hereby invited for interview on 10th of Jan. 2015, by 8:00am prompt at 2,Bunmi Joseph Close, Gbagada Phase II. Gbagada. Lagos.
Although the notice was quite short but i have to give it a shot due to the fact that i dont want to start a newyear with sleeping and eating @ home(Although i just completed my Masters prog late lastyear).
I left home very early in the morning and was @d venue some minutes to 7am. The normal procedures started with the writing of attendance.
After about 7 of us were interviewed, 3 ppl were told to leave while 4 of us was told to wait behind. After some minutes of waiting, 2 out of the remaining 4ppl were told to leave while myself and a lady was told to keep waiting. Thereafter, i was called into the interview room, where i was congratulated and told to resume on Monday.
I want to appreciate all the wonderful people on this thread who contributed directly or Indirectly to this success story. God bless you all.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by samola01: 10:50pm On Jan 10, 2015
Oga Manie well done sir you must be a serious bizman what type of investment are u into?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 12:16am On Jan 11, 2015
oluemmakay:
FEEDBACK
It all started with a message i recieved yesterday evening...
With reference to your application for teaching appointment with Prime Rose (Montessori) School. You r hereby invited for interview on 10th of Jan. 2015, by 8:00am prompt at 2,Bunmi Joseph Close, Gbagada Phase II. Gbagada. Lagos.
Although the notice was quite short but i have to give it a shot due to the fact that i dont want to start a newyear with sleeping and eating @ home(Although i just completed my Masters prog late lastyear).
I left home very early in the morning and was @d venue some minutes to 7am. The normal procedures started with the writing of attendance.
After about 7 of us were interviewed, 3 ppl were told to leave while 4 of us was told to wait behind. After some minutes of waiting, 2 out of the remaining 4ppl were told to leave while myself and a lady was told to keep waiting. Thereafter, i was called into the interview room, where i was congratulated and told to resume on Monday.
I want to appreciate all the wonderful people on this thread who contributed directly or Indirectly to this success story. God bless you all.
Congratulations brother...... But you forgot to tell us the salary range *wink*

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ravensckar(m): 8:18am On Jan 11, 2015
manie:

I will whenever time permits, I am more active on the investment forum.
Good morning Sir! Thanks for your relentless efforts towards advising we the youths on our chosen careers. Like you did say, the workload at laureates college isn't something of a child's play. I think I've to agree with you now, having experienced the bureaucratic rigmarole first hand. I quite agree with you Sir! You wouldn't believe a colleague of mine whom we resumed together contemplated resigning on the very second day, when she saw the workload there. But me, it kinda made me to buckle up. One thing that increased my respect for you is the fact that you worked there for 8 good years.

If you don't mind Sir, I do wish to have either your whatsapp number or bbm pin so as to have a private chat with you. I've got some personal issues which requires a professional advice.

And to all my colleagues, let's not lose hope if we still haven't gotten our ideal job. It's good we start from somewhere. And go those of us who have gotten something doing at the moment, let's give it our all. For you never know what lies ahead. Lest I forget, those people at Ajah (EB tutors) did call me on thursday. They kinda asked me to come and resume, but I humbly declined their offer since I'm currently engaged somewhere else.

This 2015 is our year, let's achieve go get it.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 11, 2015
Congratulations to all that are actively engaged.
Thank you for giving feedback regarding ebtutors recruitment.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 11, 2015
ravensckar:
Good morning Sir! Thanks for your relentless efforts towards advising we the youths on our chosen careers. Like you did say, the workload at laureates college isn't something of a child's play. I think I've to agree with you now, having experienced the bureaucratic rigmarole first hand. I quite agree with you Sir! You wouldn't believe a colleague of mine whom we resumed together contemplated resigning on the very second day, when she saw the workload there. But me, it kinda made me to buckle up. One thing that increased my respect for you is the fact that you worked there for 8 good years.

If you don't mind Sir, I do wish to have either your whatsapp number or bbm pin so as to have a private chat with you. I've got some personal issues which requires a professional advice.

And to all my colleagues, let's not lose hope if we still haven't gotten our ideal job. It's good we start from somewhere. And go those of us who have gotten something doing at the moment, let's give it our all. For you never know what lies ahead. Lest I forget, those people at Ajah (EB tutors) did call me on thursday. They kinda asked me to come and resume, but I humbly declined their offer since I'm currently engaged somewhere else.

I want to commend you for trying to buckle up rather than giving up. Challenges only brings out the best in us.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2015
seunkeji5:
pls help me out. is the postgraduate certificate in
education of NTI -National teachers institute
acceptable in all international secondary school or
university for employment in Nigeria?
Well, I think so, because NTI is the professional body of teachers, however, most international schools would want CIE, Cambridge certification and some other internationally recognised certification. As for University, I do not know anything about that. Manie, Xtfield and Aunty Funmi, please help O!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 12:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
samola01:
Oga Manie well done sir you must be a serious bizman what type of investment are u into?

I am a teacher with a difference, I have been investing in the stock-market right from my university days. I have more than 20 year
experience in stock-market investment and more than 10 years experience in real estate investment, I also have interests in other small businesses.

No matter how small, every salary earner MUST set aside a percentage of his or her income for long term investment.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
ravensckar:

If you don't mind Sir, [b] I do wish to have either your whatsapp number or bbm pin [/b]so as to have a private chat with you. I've got some personal issues which requires a professional advice.

Even-though I am no longer with LC, I will always remain loyal to the organisation. The rigour, exposure and training received at LC made the highly versatile and workaholic person I am today.
Wishing you a wonderful time at LC.

If you are in need of personal advice you can reach me on 08036638728.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
Givemejoy:
Well, I think so, because NTI is the professional body of teachers, however, most international schools would want CIE, Cambridge certification and some other internationally recognised certification. As for University, I do not know anything about that. Manie, Xtfield and Aunty Funmi, please help O!

NTI is just a training institute, set up by FGN for the training of teachers on part time basis.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
A boarding secondary school in the Ikorodu axis of Lagos requires the service of a Female English Teacher for JS1 to JS3 classes.

The applicant should have NCE or BA in English Language and must have good communication skills.

Successful applicant will be given accommodation in the school.

Interested applicants should forward their CV to manewumi@yahoo.com or call 08029528893.

NB: submission of application letters close on 19th January 2015.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 1:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
I have 10 vacant slots for external candidates in the ongoing WASSCE registration, interested candidate should get in touch with me on 08036638728 on or before Wednesday 14th January 2015.

Registration fee is N25,000 only.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by bettydee(f): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Queenmaris college is in need of teachers and the school is ready to accept you immediately provided you meet their criteria. It is located @ 2, emily eniola street,omiyale last b/stp ejigbo.lagos. I am just helping out but am not really sure of the subjects- I think, mathematics, yoruba, English, Agric, literature, PHE, social studies,chemistry. But just come and please, negotiate your salary well o,the range is 20-23k but if you are lucky,you can get 25k. Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (1043) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.