Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,324 members, 7,881,207 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing (19715 Views)

Fans Risk Their Lives To Watch Nigeria-Egypt Match In Kaduna (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / U-17: Ghana Wants Nigeria, Ivory Coast Banned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by abdulkayus(m): 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
Y are ppl scared of Egypt na? LOL. It seem ppl have noted hw dos north african countries can be very trickish. Dey dont care weda dey are playin home or away, dey always play their heart out and dat is y, dey are always unpredictable. Dey dont have dat kinda well known world player bt dey have a very good team work and dont miss chances easily. Did u all remember 2006, 08, 10 finals?
Dey are African Germany.
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Tropilo(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
Chinom: Mido is a snake. He is convinced that Egypt has a better chance of beating Nigeria than say Ghana or CIV. All this talk of wanting a better and stronger team for Egypt is hogwash. Mido knows that Egypt have figured Nigeria out very well. He wants a team he knows and can deal with.
Egypt is toast if they play Cape Verde.
Mido is not telling us why he really wants Nigeria. I would rather we don't play Egypt.

You right!
Mido is aware that Nigeria is very poor in football politics but good on the field of play.
Football is not only played on the pitch. He appears to know our NFF are a bounch of selfish pigs who care only about the dirt they eat. Hence he prefers Nigeria.
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by abacusCm(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
If Nigeria can defeat Mali and Ivory coast in Nations cup,I don't know why they can not defeat Egypt in word cup qualifying matches.I fear Egypt squard of 4-5 years ago.not present Egypt squard

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by arctoni: 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
Egypt or no egypt we go break dia neck....,no b ayegbeni dy play oooo.......I fit bet 4 dis set of super eagles,u ar al talkin of egypt whil am tinkin of spain again

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Mannylex(m): 4:32pm On Sep 11, 2013
Someone should tell mido to calm down... We don't want Egypt. That Is serious rough play.
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Brite02(m): 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
I aint afraid of egypt, but sometimes luck could run out of us.....I just hope/pray we be paired with a team that will see us through to the world cup undecided
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
hmmmmmmmmn......
NB - THIS IS A SHOCKING REVELATION!!!!
HE THAT HAS AN EYE LET HIM HEAR WHAT A FELLOW NAIRALANDER IS ABOUT TO SAY =
I see Nigeria being paired with Egypt on monday (16 sept).
you all will be my witness....
I have said my own..... see u all @ d draw on monday.
thank you!
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by lexyman(m): 5:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
We can"nt avoid any stronger team at this point . The ultimate thing is that the super eagles should keep improving and win every team that comes their way! If the pharao boys are good enough ,they would have qualified for the nation"s cup and win the cup ... This is our time and the eagles will crush any team that comes their way ..(wise word for mido). Mido , it "s better when u let ur wish known to the world , if u want to be in Brazil 2014 , it "ll be good to wish for a weaker opposition . Not the present Suprt Eagles , cos their strength keep improving ....
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by CharliParker: 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nigeria vs Egypt No No No i say No pls I want Egypt to be at the world cup with Nigeria, pls Nigeria and Egypt pls reject this, how can 2 giants teams that can play very well without beating mercillesly at the world cup, others they may beat them 5_0, world cup requres strong teams
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by 360command: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2013
We can defeat any team as long as Emenike and Moses are part of the team. Who born well monkey to win us!
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by naptu2: 5:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
Stationery Stores were the better team at Onikan Stadium. They must have had 89% possession. Just one chance! Just one chance! Emmanuel Amunike scored and Zamalek closed shop.

11 man defence. And a contagion spread amongst the Egyptians. They just kept falling down for absolutely no reason whatsoever. And that's how Stationery Stores lost at the Onikan Stadium (a feat that was thought to be totally impossible).

I DO NOT WANT EGYPT!

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by hardbody: 5:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
JAGARS: hmmmmmmmmn......
NB - THIS IS A SHOCKING REVELATION!!!!
HE THAT HAS AN EYE LET HIM HEAR WHAT A FELLOW NAIRALANDER IS ABOUT TO SAY =
I see Nigeria being paired with Egypt on monday (16 sept).
you all will be my witness....
I have said my own..... see u all @ d draw on monday.
thank you!

Prophet of doom......

Get thee behind me sat...n

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Dannyxy(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
The only reason i don't want nigeria to play egpyt is because i want strong african teams to be in the final...that nd only that reason alone...how will our confident grow if we are always seeking the easy way out...

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by DJDOLA(m): 5:21pm On Sep 11, 2013
As I dey read all does comment na so my heart dey do gbim gbim like say dem dey dance skelewu inside my body.....I beg u O LORD pls let nigeria qualify for WC oooo

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by murphylekan(m): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Christmasdon: What ar' u all saying. For me i don't want any Nigeria vs Egyp t pairing anything. Abeg i use God beg una i know want egypt abegi. Let them give us ethiopia coz i would love to see Niegriaypt at the world kup.
what if they pair Nigeria/Egypt are we going to live them, so they can go to the W/C So people this is football anything can happen they can pair us, for me the most important thing for SuperEagle is to get. Prepaid for any team they will bring...
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by emiye(m): 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Abegi, No egypt ooooo

They won[b] [size=14pt]ALL[/size][/b] of their 2nd round 2014 world cup qualifying games. 6/6. A total of [size=14pt]18[/size] whopping points.

Nigeria only managed to win three and drew the remaining three.

The tactics that will be adopted by most teams in this knock out phase(3rd round) will be different from the group phase.

Games will be approached by teams as if it is a final game.

I will prefer we play teams in this order

1.ethiopia,
2.senegal (will be playing its home game in morocco due to previous crowd violence)
3. Burkina faso
4. Cameroon
5. Egypt
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by watchindelta(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
why who na dy fear na? Are we nt d champ? As a champ u fear no 1 for real. U ppl shld stop it jor. If we fit fear african team no nd to go d wcup plss.
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by murphylekan(m): 5:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
what if they pair Nigeria/Egypt are we going to live them, so they can go to the W/C So people this is football anything can happen they can pair us, for me the most important thing for SuperEagle is to get prepaid for any team they will bring...
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by victorvick(m): 5:29pm On Sep 11, 2013
hmm! end time issue
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Isiterere(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2013
MIDO ask for team you can beat o,

In other news live glo premier league in Ibadan 3sc 1 vs sharks 1

ALL IZZ WELL

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by murphylekan(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
naptu2: Stationery Stores were the better team at Onikan Stadium. They must have had 89% possession. Just one chance! Just one chance! Emmanuel Amunike scored and Zamalek closed shop.

11 man defence. And a contagion spread amongst the Egyptians. They just kept falling down for absolutely no reason whatsoever. And that's how Stationery Stores lost at the Onikan Stadium (a feat that was thought to be totally impossible).

I DO NOT WANT EGYPT!
what if they pair Nigeria/Egypt are we going to live them, so they can go to the W/C So people this is football anything can happen they can pair us, for me the most important thing for SuperEagle is to get prepaid for any team they will bring...
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Jarus(m): 5:41pm On Sep 11, 2013
He is very correct.

I also see Egypt being the most difficult for us from the unseeded teams.

Egypt also play free flowing football (like us, like Europeans), they are also very skilful (not the typical physical African side). So they will prove difficult for us, like a top European opposition.

I want us to meet them, but not at this critical level. Maybe AFCON 2015 final.

We should also not forget that they have fans that are far more football-crazy than Nigeria's and getting decent result on their home soil is almost an impossibility, especially as they are a wounded lion at the moment (2 consecutive AFCON misses, last world cup miss). Their fans are extremely crazy about football. I remember dicussing with one of them in Dubai early this year. They are far more passionate.

2 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
In as much as i don't want Nigeria to be paired with Egypt..... I still have this very strong feeling that Nigeria might be paired with Egypt on monday.....
God abeg ooo.....
Na beg i dey beg oooo...
**** in Timaya's voice.....
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by BankuTilapia: 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
Ghana, we r ready for every phucker. Bring on da super chickens grin cheesy
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Jarus(m): 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
Other teams (even Senegal with their top Europe-based stars) play typical physical African football, and our advantage with skills has always proved a useful tool in securing victory.

Nigeria is the only African team that play free flowing football, apart from Egypt (and Algeria on their good day). Even CIV with their top Europe-based stars don't play free-flowing. That is why Nigeria is traditionally the most entertaining side in Africa (forget about our poor years of 2006-2012). Go and watch the 1990-96 set, a tradition Keshi has almost restored(obviously being part of that era himself).

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by BankuTilapia: 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
Jarus: Other teams (even Senegal with their top Europe-based stars) play typical physical African football, and our advantage with skills has always proved a useful tool in securing victory.

Nigeria is the only African team that play free flowing football, apart from Egypt (and Algeria on their good day). Even CIV with their top Europe-based stars don't play free-flowing. That is why Nigeria is traditionally the most entertaining side in Africa (forget about our poor years of 2006-2012). Go and watch the 1990-96 set, a tradition Keshi has almost restored(obviously being part of that era himself).

Free flowing football? How old r u grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by WildChild00(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Just occur to me, the crisis in Egypt might most likely affect their football.
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by zellyholly: 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
tortoise story kill me on a dry land nt on a marshy ground...mildo dey afraid nja team...
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Jarus(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2013
Former Egyptian International Ahmed Hossam Mido is hoping that the Egyptian National team will be drawn against Nigeria in the African Playoff .

Egypt and Nigeria have both qualified for the last stage of the World Cup African qualifiers along with eight other teams. They will be paired to play two matches. " I hope the draw gives us Nigeria. This will be very good for our National team because Nigeria has a good team and their players a very skilled. They keep improving since they won the last AFCON and it's better for us to play against them and get tested. They play real fast flowing football and that in the long run will only make Egypt better and will make our mission at the end easier" Mido told supersport.com .

" I don’t want Ghana or Ivory Coast .They are not suitable for us this time nor is Algeria because of all the tension and outside drama between the two north African teams in football " the former Tottenham player added. Wael Gomaa seems to be on the same page adding " I don’t want easy teams because Egypt plays her best games against only the tough teams".

" All the players have the big dream to reach the World Cup ,and we are ready to play with any team - big or small." the 38 year old concluded."

another part of me is telling me this is a tongue-in-cheek statement...the guy knows Nigeria is the surest for them, based on records. He wanted Nigeria for other reasons than he stated there.
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Hackersking(m): 5:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
i no want Egypt oh :...
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by ajetunde: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
bboiabb: at least they are respecting us. they said " I don’t want easy teams because Egypt plays her best games against only the tough teams".. they know we are not an easy team like ivory coast and ghana.

As much as i want ethiopia, i wanna see egypt again. i am still angry from that 3-1 win they gave us several years ago (when they used to be africa's top dogs). we need revenge

Be careful what you wish for o :/
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Qelvin(m): 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
Ghana, we r ready for every phucker. Bring on da super chickens grin cheesy
breda Banku you sure don't want it grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kylian Mbappe Becomes Fourth Highest Goalscorer In PSG History / Junior Ajayi Celebrates Al Ahly’s Club World Cup Feat / Bastian Schweinsteiger Announces Retirement At The End Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.