Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,200 members, 7,974,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:32 PM

Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? (4977 Views)

When Playing "Hard-To-Get" Goes Too Far?! / Playing Hard To Get- The Pros And Cons? / A Solution Against Girls Playing ''hard To Get'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
hmmm Ihedinobi Minister of women affairs grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by guyANDROID1: 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
I see someone at the cinema and I wanna be friends so I walk over and comment her on her dress jokingly, a typical Nigerian would look at me and not smile. She will expect me to follow her around the whole place like some damn stalker.

I hate this thing die, follow follow, when i no be May D.
It is high time we need to teach our girls courtesy when it comes to compliment...You compliment a naija girl, she look you like hedgehog fish
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Mynd44: 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
guy ANDROID:

I hate this thing die, follow follow, when i no be May D.
It is high time we need to teach our girls courtesy when it comes to compliment...You compliment a naija girl, she look you like hedgehog fish
Sonics Underground things grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
El Guapo:

I beg to concur dude.

If getting turned down turns u off then u should be doing the growing up thingy and not the other way round.

A woman scorned is a woman with a motive, u dont expect them to easily say 'YES' b'cos u whispered into their ears u've got a Msc degree in ur kitty, u are flawless and u can trade paths in Pluto, it doesnt work that way bruh.

These creatures are sensitive, they think like rats grin and best way u'd have to roll with them is by behaving like a rat - Just stay sensitive.

High end scarsm in action.
Ps. I never said she turned me down. Reread my post in slow motion tongue
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 1:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ ihedinobi and jaybee thanks for the insight wink
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle: hmmm Ihedinobi Minister of women affairs grin

Well, I got one damn good Perm Sec na, wetin I go do? She keeps me on my freakin toes! undecided
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by guyANDROID1: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mynd_44:
Sonics Underground things grin

Na so, u get am...you know how hedgehog fish dey look like for inside water, dey go frown their eyes against any touch.

Na NatGeo wide I dey see dis creature. Aint I de-railing d thread. #Mybad
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Matthew briggs: I don't think it is necessary to play hard to get especially in this 21st Century. When Men not Boys are getting scarce.

I understand the desire not to look cheap and all. But I believe if you see what you want and you like him and that person likes you why running in circles.

Personally this attitude turns me off very quickly. It tells me you still have some growing up to do, have no clear understanding of what you really want, and don't deserve my attention. This attitude is prevalent with not all but majority of women in their early 20's I think this maybe because of their lack in experience and the overwhelming attention they get from several guys.

I am not against this attitude but just be weary of the kind of guys you use it on. To some guys it might be a turn on, it's a sign that they need to try harder.

To guys like me who know what they really want, think long term and careless about the container that houses your soul. To guys like me who by default are spoilt with so many options but decide to focus our energy on you, this attitude turns us off. We just take it that you're not interested and off we go and once we are gone, we are gone. Our time is of essence.

To the ladies why do you play hard to get?
To the Guys are you the type that never gives up, or give up easily?

To me, No long things at all... I give up easily when it comes to wooing a lady... If you dont seem to respond at the first instance, I lock up straight not minding what the situation might be cos this thing na body language now... abi does she expect me to write it on a signboard before she knows how serious I am? Shior!
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
hard to get=hard to bleep=hard to keep
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Ollyzontal: 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
SLIDE waxie: If only guys can be like me, ladies will grow grey hairs without a single marriage proposal!

who be u?
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Ngokafor(f): 4:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
...i can see some peeps still have lots of growing up to do....you ask babe out and she turns you down or whatever,you then turn around and say she's playing hard to get!!...bullcrap!.....what part of NO dont some of you get??.....abi na by force..... ....if you think you are all that and she turns you down,is'nt that her loss?...why keep whining?...too much man-child prancing all over the place!.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Ngokafor(f): 4:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
...in my own case,i played the so called 'hard to get' on my boyfriend(now fiance) and i have no apologies for that!!...the fact that he's not from my tribe made me more cautious to start with and him more persistent(for some strange reasons).....his patience paid off anyway and i am mightly glad i agreed cos he's awesome.....therefore i see nothing wrong with playing 'hard to get'!!!

1 Like

Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by UjSizzle(f): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Well, I got one damn good Perm Sec na, wetin I go do? She keeps me on my freakin toes! undecided
awwww u poor darling, tell me about her grin
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
If you like someone, why play hard? Ladies should be able to know what and who they want, as some good ones are mostly impatience on a temperamental level.

It may not guarrantee being loved more, so save him the energy to love you instead of exhausting it on playing hard. It turns some good guys off, I know what I'm talking about.

Do what you can on a moderate level.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Caracta(f): 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ngokafor: ...i can see some peeps still have lots of growing up to do....you ask babe out and she turns you down or whatever,you then turn around and say she's playing hard to get!!...bullcrap!.....what part of NO dont some of you get??.....abi na by force..... ....if you think you are all that and she turns you down,is'nt that her lose??...why keep whining?...too much man-child prancing all over the place!.

Dude, we are talking about girls that give no answer, either yes or no. Girls that keep saying "i'll think about it". Some of them don't even say anything at all. They just keep smiling sheepishly for days, weeks, months and years.

Gerrit?
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Ngokafor(f): 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
Caracta:

Dude, we are talking about girls that give no answer, either yes or no. Girls that keep saying "i'll think about it". Some of them don't even say anything at all. They just keep smiling sheepishly for days, weeks, months and years.

Gerrit?
....first of all i am female...second of all if you toast a girl and she gives u the 'i'll think abt it treatment' then you give her some time...if she still gives you same answer after a while then you move on!!....simple!!..No need to whine abeg!... ....you surely dont expect any decent girl to jump at every pleasant looking dude that as much as says hi to her do you??..
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
uj_sizzle:
awwww u poor darling, tell me about her grin

She took my heart hostage o! She's so fine it's unbelievable and she doesn't even know it! shocked She's smart, like Einstein-smart, and she's fun, darn! She's more fun than I've had all my life! She's got one heckuva personality too. She's like soothing breezes on a hot African afternoon by the beach and a Gordian knot too (learning her is an adventure). She's, like, my fraternal twin - it tends to feel like we're one soul in two bodies.

Keeping up with her is not beans! I've never been so tasked. But damned if I don't feel more alive for it! grin

That's the kind of Perm Sec I got, hon. Shawty's a twelve. wink
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Matthewbriggs(m): 7:05am On Sep 11, 2013
Ngokafor: ...i can see some peeps still have lots of growing up to do....you ask babe out and she turns you down or whatever,you then turn around and say she's playing hard to get!!...bullcrap!.....what part of NO dont some of you get??.....abi na by force..... ....if you think you are all that and she turns you down,is'nt that her loss?...why keep whining?...too much man-child prancing all over the place!.

Reread my post again in slow motion and try to comprehend it this time. Please my dear Ngo.
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by Gift19(f): 8:15am On Sep 11, 2013
First of all, dis is Africa.. African ladies are quiet different frm American ladies. Am American lady can tell u right there and then whether she wants u or not but African ladies prefer to take some time. Playing hard to get didn't start today, it has been a part of our culture wen trying to woo especially in the marriage process. No matter how westernized or 31st century we become, some parts of our culture will always be a part of us. So dear guys, just pls try and enjoy dis game from our culture called "playing hard to get", after all its been said DAT "d patient dog eats the fattest bone"
Re: Playing hard To Get Is It Necessary? by gal10(f): 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2013
strong tins for u
Ihedinobi:

She took my heart hostage o! She's so fine it's unbelievable and she doesn't even know it! shocked She's smart, like Einstein-smart, and she's fun, darn! She's more fun than I've had all my life! She's got one heckuva personality too. She's like soothing breezes on a hot African afternoon by the beach and a Gordian knot too (learning her is an adventure). She's, like, my fraternal twin - it tends to feel like we're one soul in two bodies.

Keeping up with her is not beans! I've never been so tasked. But damned if I don't feel more alive for it! grin

That's the kind of Perm Sec I got, hon. Shawty's a twelve. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Poo In Your Boyfriend's House Secretly (for Lagos Big Girls Only) / What Is Your Favourite Radio Programme / Blow A Kiss To Someone You Admire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.