Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,637 members, 7,889,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 09:16 PM

Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others (15075 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / MEND To Jonathan: Your Assassination Story Not True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by naptu2: 6:46am On Sep 10, 2013
[size=14pt]Ignore ex-militants threats, MEND tells Amaechi, others[/size]

September 10, 2013 by Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt

THE Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta has asked former Vice President Atiku Abubakar; Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi; and others in the new Peoples Democratic Party to ignore the threats by those parading themselves as ex-militants in the Niger Delta.

A group of former militant leaders had issued a warning to Atiku to stay away from the Niger Delta for spearheading the breakup of the PDP and thereby threatening President Goodluck Jonathan’s chance for a second term in office.

The ex-fighters also told Amaechi to dissociate himself from the northern agenda of destroying Jonathan or risk being declared an enemy of the Niger Delta people.

But MEND’s statement signed by its spokesperson, Jomo Gbomo, and issued via electronic mail on Monday, described the assertion of the ex-fighters as empty threats from political thugs parading themselves as former militants.

It said, “The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta urges former Vice President Atiku Abubakar, Rotimi Amaechi, the New PDP and our brothers and sisters from other parts of Nigeria to ignore the empty threats and provocative comments from idle political thugs parading themselves as ex-militants, as well as some so-called elders and tribal assemblies of the Niger Delta.

“It is the right of any detribalised, honest and qualified Nigerian to aspire to the highest office of the land to bring progress, peace, reconciliation and other dividends of democracy.

“It is also in order for a performing incumbent to seek a legitimate extension of his/her tenure in office as long as the peoples vote will count and the bid does not run contrary to any prior agreements reached within their party. MEND believes in honour and integrity.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/ignore-ex-militants-threats-mend-tells-amaechi-others/

11 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by AkamuandStew: 6:48am On Sep 10, 2013
Very intelligent and balanced
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 10, 2013
Akamu and Stew: Very intelligent and balanced
what is balanced in it if not that Atiku's money has exchanged hands undecided

9 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by malele(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2013
These niger delta no even dewy organized.
Nawah oooo.
But why amaechi dey fight jonathan .nawah oo

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2013
“It is also in order for a performing incumbent to seek a legitimate extension of his/her tenure in office as long as the peoples vote will count and the bid does not run contrary to any prior agreements reached within their party. MEND believes in honour and integrity.”

Interesting choice of words.

2 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by MrAladin: 7:26am On Sep 10, 2013
Hmmmmmmm..

Empty Threat Abi??

I Trust My South South Brothers

No Shaking
I Dey Wait Till The Yawa Go Burst.

Next Topic Pls

2 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 10, 2013
How can gej distabilize the north when there is trouble brewing in his own backyard- MEND's disloyalty.

in other news: timipre sylva's loyalists in bayelsa decamp to new pdp; timipre still in court against pdp.

3 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by dridowu: 9:49am On Sep 10, 2013
ex-militant my foot

2 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Mayany(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Jomo Gbomo has been a ghost name from day1 so anybody can issue a statement claiming to be a mend spokesman#rubbish#

8 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by pesty100(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2013
While you people are busy shouting you mates in the militancy Business are buying private jets

5 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by ballabriggs: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2013
Yes O we love MEND.

Tell them MEND, tell them.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Krisddon: 9:54am On Sep 10, 2013
Hu doesn't knw dat the threats were as empty and dried as a desert? Abeg mk i continue2 dey think wetin ASUU strike don cause me.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Krisddon: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2013
Hu doesn't knw dat the threats were as empty and dried as a desert? Abeg mk i continue 2 dey think wetin ASUU strike don cause me.Hu doesn't knw dat the threats were as empty and dried as a desert? Abeg mk i continue 2 dey think wetin ASUU strike don cause me.Hu doesn't knw dat the threats were as empty and dried as a desert? Abeg mk i continue 2 dey think wetin ASUU strike don cause me.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 10, 2013
Mayany: Jomo Gbomo has been a ghost name from day1 so anybody can issue a statement claiming to be a mend spokesman#rubbish#
a ghost hunting gej grin
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by aljharem(m): 9:56am On Sep 10, 2013
Frank-C:

Why does the support that Ndiigbo give to GEJ give people like you so much concern? Why are you this scared of SE position despite your continuously dismissing them with unprintable names?

Is the support for violence with Asari's statement the same as support for Gej. Why are you people like this. Prostitutes*

There is a difference between support for Gej and support for Asari and ss aka mend just cleared that up by dismissing him.

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by gbadexy(m): 9:57am On Sep 10, 2013
I doubt the veracity of this report.
Its contrary to what MEND stands for. It sounded almost like what northerners would write especially about not breaching previous agreement within the party.
Wetin concern Mend with pdp internal agreement, abi dem be pdp members too?
It could also be from loyalists bitter with the way henry orkah was treated.
But whatever the reason, they can't protect amaechi if he leaves office. They are minority.

3 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by pesty100(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2013
alj harem:

Is the support for violence with Asari's statement the same as support for Gej. Why are you people like this. Prostitutes*

There is a difference between support for Gej and support for Asari and ss aka mend just cleared that up by dismissing him.
it's a case of everybody trying to cash some money into their pockets

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by ajanaku2(m): 9:58am On Sep 10, 2013
And how does this affect the Inelasticity of the price of Condom?

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Gpius(m): 10:01am On Sep 10, 2013
Mend...i lyk ur statement cos i fink all eligible candidate shud contest then any1 cn win...bt all i cn add here is dat politics shud nt b based on religios or tribal ground unless we continously want 2 lose our youths...one Nigeria though dar myt b no electn cme 2015

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by gerald09(m): 10:02am On Sep 10, 2013
Guy make una no worry una sef, Nigerians have leant the difference btw beer parlour talk and legitimate talk. All dere talk na for paper e end, if they fink blood will spill am guess they talkin about their own blood just like BH did eventually they started killing themselves.

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by rappaton: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2013
Nigeria gone to the dogs since may 29 2011.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by aljharem(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2013
pesty100: it's a case of everybody trying to cash some money into their pockets

Thus my point of them being political prostitutes. Cash in, power in etc are all forms if political prostitution
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Pukkah: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2013
Idi Amin: what is balanced in it if not that Atiku's money has exchanged hands undecided

The opposition camp did not allege that money exchanged hands when the ex-militants threatened Amaechi (their governor).
The North is not referring to their own Governors (that are supporting Jonathan) as traitors whereas those in the camp of Jonathan see Amaechi and all the people in the SS that are not supporting Jonathan as traitors.

The North Central is not seeing their own governors that are supporting Jonathan as traitors whereas the Jonathan camp sees anyone in the South East that is not supporting Jonathan as a traitor. So who is more divisive/tribalistic? Who has a larger heart? Who is more mature?

Meanwhile, it's clear that Jonathan actually made a promise to spend only one term in office. Even if he wants to contest, is this the way to go about it? It is also on record that the Northern governors supported Jonathan Amaechi against Northern candidates like Atiku and Buhari.

The Jonathan camp should grow up and stop behaving like victims. They should walk tall with the power of incumbency at their disposal and behave regally rather than as victims or as a sinking, crying, old grandma.

18 Likes

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2013
Since it MEND and ex-militant, they are related with the president and this might be pace for making more money against 2015.

I dont think it is a must someone makes it to the national newspaper before he/she is heard. They should do anything they like in as much they dont trespass their boundary
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by olopan(m): 10:14am On Sep 10, 2013
Watching all drama 4rm a different perspective
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by constance500: 10:14am On Sep 10, 2013
Huuuuuuum # yawns # undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

30 Suspected Boko-Haram Members Killed / Sanni Halilu Shaibu: What EndSARS Protesters Failed To Do / COVID-19 Affected My Fight Against Corruption, Insecurity – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.