Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,656 members, 7,889,146 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:23 AM

Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others (15077 Views)

Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online / MEND To Jonathan: Your Assassination Story Not True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Siraleeyu(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
apache77:

that is why i said enlightenment is a disease, and for people like you living in a power grab society, it becomes a curse. if a president is not performing, he is not performing, yes. but why wont the hausa fulani also own up to this dictum. why dont all ethnicities live by the same standards? you have a president who is not performing and you tel him so. on the other hand, they have a president that is not performing, and they keep mute.

it just means that except aleins come to rule us, they will always perpetuate their born to rule stranglehold on all else while you are living according to universally held principles of civilized conduct
it seems u'r are arguing out of ignorance or u'r uninformed.......can u please name 1 hausa-fulani dat ruled dis country b4 and d northerners keep mute without criticising him on the basis of non-performance in office? Note, b4 u answer this question have it in mind that we'r referring to 1999 up to date and also note that d criticism arises on the belief that this inept zoologist dat we called a president is eyeing a 2nd term despite his non performance and favouritism he is showing to his kinsmen. Its shameful dat he is d 1st eva president that his kinsmen fight wen eva others from other regions are challenging him, and that will not b unrelated to the fact that they have d backing from the presidency, if not in a sane country they ought to b in jail by now for always spitting provocative comments that are capable of creating tension to the unity of this country.........I guess this man in SS president only.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Siraleeyu(m): 12:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
apache77:

that is why i said enlightenment is a disease, and for people like you living in a power grab society, it becomes a curse. if a president is not performing, he is not performing, yes. but why wont the hausa fulani also own up to this dictum. why dont all ethnicities live by the same standards? you have a president who is not performing and you tel him so. on the other hand, they have a president that is not performing, and they keep mute.

it just means that except aleins come to rule us, they will always perpetuate their born to rule stranglehold on all else while you are living according to universally held principles of civilized conduct
it seems u'r are arguing out of ignorance or u'r uninformed.......can u please name 1 hausa-fulani dat ruled dis country b4 and d northerners keep mute without criticising him on the basis of non-performance in office? Note, b4 u answer this question have it in mind that we'r referring to 1999 up to date and also note that d criticism arises on the belief that this inept zoologist dat we called a president is eyeing a 2nd term despite his non performance and favouritism he is showing to his kinsmen. Its shameful dat he is d 1st eva president that his kinsmen fight wen eva others from other regions are challenging him, and that will not b unrelated to the fact that they have d backing from the presidency, if not in a sane country they ought to b in jail by now for always spitting provocative comments that are capable of creating tension to the unity of this country.........I guess this man in SS president only.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by chucksbadt(m): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
In other news or Anglican bishop aka bishop Kattey still remains m in the custody of kidnappers...... Read story here
https://www.nairaland.com/1430973/archbishop-kattey-kidnapped-gunmen

Still dunno yet d mod hasn't put this on front page 4over 2days nw
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by kenny1911: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
[size=15pt]What do you expect from MEND; support the GEJ government that nailed their leader and sponsor of the group, Henry Okah and other top members.[/size]
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by bknight: 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
...and the bid does not run contrary to any prior agreements reached within their party blah blah blah

This is my only stand against GEJ. Its only a man of honesty & integrity that'll honor agreements...even if it was verbal.

But since Gov Aliyu says he has evidence...then publish it!
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by confusion247(m): 12:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
pesty100: it's a case of everybody trying to cash some money into their pockets
Exactly
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by confusion247(m): 12:36pm On Sep 10, 2013
Siraleeyu: it seems u'r are arguing out of ignorance or u'r uninformed.......can u please name 1 hausa-fulani dat ruled dis country b4 and d northerners keep mute without criticising him on the basis of non-performance in office? Note, b4 u answer this question have it in mind that we'r referring to 1999 up to date and also note that d criticism arises on the belief that this inept zoologist dat we called a president is eyeing a 2nd term despite his non performance and favouritism he is showing to his kinsmen. Its shameful dat he is d 1st eva president that his kinsmen fight wen eva others from other regions are challenging him, and that will not b unrelated to the fact that they have d backing from the presidency, if not in a sane country they ought to b in jail by now for always spitting provocative comments that are capable of creating tension to the unity of this country.........I guess this man in SS president only.
Before he answer that question, kindly tell us what northerners achieved in their 38 disastrous rule that ruined Nigeria and produced 10 million almjiris.
Jonathan have achieved more than every other president before him. You can as well tell us another credible candidate better than Jonathan as it stand today
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by tmontee: 12:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
apache77:

You comments reek of tribal hatred, if everyone shared this same opinion of yours then we would never rise up from the deep mess we are in.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Emytexboy(m): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Idi Amin: what is balanced in it if not that Atiku's money has exchanged hands undecided

i love the way you pronounced the name of that animal
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Emytexboy(m): 1:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
dridowu: ex-militant my foot

who knows if you are not from the north?? mtcheeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Emytexboy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
i don't know why the problem facing south easth,and south south is always disunity, why
what is the MEND'S own self?
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Emytexboy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
ballabriggs: Yes O we love MEND.

Tell them MEND, tell them.

you,and who love MEND? wake up dude! the norths are ploting disunity of the south, but you are here talking rubbish. i doupt you are from south, MUMU!
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by clint77ng: 1:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
This is d MEND that bombed abuja on oct. 1st and not the MEND that fought for the liberation of Niger Delta. Small small they will expose themselves and vindicate the Jona.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by hollandis(f): 1:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
mend should shut up.that guys,(whatever his name is) case is still in court .Dem go just sentence am because "him" boys no know when tosharrap
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by hollandis(f): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
MEND,JONATHAN JUST DEY SORRY FOR UNA,,,,,NO BECOME SCAPE GOAT LIKE HENRY OKAH

singing d banj's "i go be my scape goat for you" grin
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by omenka(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2013
“It is the right of any detribalised, honest and
qualified Nigerian to aspire to the highest office of
the land to bring progress, peace, reconciliation
and other dividends of democracy.
“It is also in order for a performing incumbent to
seek a legitimate extension of his/her tenure in
office as long as the peoples vote will count and
the bid does not run contrary to any prior
agreements reached within their party. MEND
believes in honour and integrity.”

This is exactly what we've always insisted on here time and again. Thank God some people in the ND still got some brain. Amaechi has every right to vote and be voted for in any election.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by clint77ng: 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
Siraleeyu: it seems u'r are arguing out of ignorance or u'r uninformed.......can u please name 1 hausa-fulani dat ruled dis country b4 and d northerners keep mute without criticising him on the basis of non-performance in office? Note, b4 u answer this question have it in mind that we'r referring to 1999 up to date and also note that d criticism arises on the belief that this inept zoologist dat we called a president is eyeing a 2nd term despite his non performance and favouritism he is showing to his kinsmen. Its shameful dat he is d 1st eva president that his kinsmen fight wen eva others from other regions are challenging him, and that will not b unrelated to the fact that they have d backing from the presidency, if not in a sane country they ought to b in jail by now for always spitting provocative comments that are capable of creating tension to the unity of this country.........I guess this man in SS president only.
Yes i agree with u in one thing. Jona has be leniet to peoples utterances. Presentle in kenya people r going through trial in court for postelection violence, but here those that killed corpers and promise to make the country ungovernable, threatened with factionalization, work out on d president, have the guts to tell the presiden to forget 2015 are walking freely on our streets and even ordering d naija police force to unseal an illegal structure.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Abagworo(m): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
The common man on the streets of South-south is innocent. People should never see SS from the militants point of view. The militants are not loved here.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by dridowu: 3:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Emytex boy:

who knows if you are not from the north?? mtcheeeeeeeeeeew!
so u are proud of militant ?
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by nduchucks: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
I dey laugh o.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Orikinla(m): 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mayany: Jomo Gbomo has been a ghost name from day1 so anybody can issue a statement claiming to be a mend spokesman#rubbish#

Have you read "Ghosts of the Niger Delta"?
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by bakila: 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
well its now militants for militants, party office for party office. In my opinion however the big question remains is Jonathan qualified to contest the Election? Is he the best the Niger delta can offer? Are we ready for a President that can move Nigeria forward? Can we all see the fraud and ignore him for that Candidate that will give us the needed development
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by emmymdk: 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
GEJ in 2015 or........... lipsrsealed
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by khaz(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
FOLYKAZE: Since it MEND and ex-militant, they are related with the president and this might be pace for making more money against 2015.

I dont think it is a must someone makes it to the national newspaper before he/she is heard. They should do anything they like in as much they dont trespass their boundary
Please, check ur signature nd correct it... You are Human

1 Like

Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by LBT: 5:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
The drama continue
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Mogidi2: 5:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Emytex boy: i don't know why the problem facing south easth,and south south is always disunity, why
what is the MEND'S own self?

Stop bursting your vein because "Jomo Gbomo is a generic position/name.
I can also send an electronic mesage to newsmen using that name.

Don't take this news seriously.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Olufonade: 6:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Interesting it becomes; EX-MILITANT vs MEND
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Absugardaddy(m): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
anoda challenge o anoda challenge o.haaa izon
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by emmaelectelect(m): 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Segeggs: a ghost hunting gej grin
Please who is the current BH leader [Ghost?]
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Omotolaaraujo(f): 10:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
They are cowards and have a big mouth. Someone should shut them up.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Abagworo(m): 11:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
clint77ng: Yes i agree with u in one thing. Jona has be leniet to peoples utterances. Presentle in kenya people r going through trial in court for postelection violence, but here those that killed corpers and promise to make the country ungovernable, threatened with factionalization, work out on d president, have the guts to tell the presiden to forget 2015 are walking freely on our streets and even ordering d naija police force to unseal an illegal structure.

Are you aware that its the PDP supporters that killed corpers? I have a feeling, that the case may be visited in future. Where are those arrested after the riots and why were they not given open trial so that Nigerians will know who sponsored them. Henry Okah said clearly that the Presidency sponsored the October 1 bombing and its still all over the net.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-agents-carried-out-two-bombings-okah-insists-diezani-called-me-20-times-to-be-made-minister-•-allegations-are-false-in-their-entirety/

“It is my belief that President Goodluck Jonathan’s government working with a faction of MEND planned and executed the bombings of 14 March 2010 and 1 October 2010.

“The purpose of the 14 March 2010 bombing in my opinion was to create an atmosphere of insecurity in Niger Delta where President Goodluck Jonathan at that time, was fighting to oust the governor Mr. Emmanuel Uduaghan whom President Goodluck Jonathan intended to replace with his Minister for Niger Delta, Mr Godsday Orubebe,” Okah said in the affidavit.

On the Independence Day bombing, which claimed 10 lives, Okah said it was meant to sway public opinion against the North and some of its leaders who were planning to run against Jonathan in the April 2011 presidential election.

Okah has been held at the Johannesburg Prison since October 2, 2010, and is currently standing trial for alleged involvement in the October 1 bomb attack.

He alleged that Jonathan was upset when MEND claimed responsibility for the October 1 attack, against a plan to blame it on Northern elements.

He stated, “The bombings of 1 October 2010 were also intended by President Goodluck Jonathan government to create anti-North sentiments nationwide in order to galvanize support from other sections of Nigeria against other Northern candidates in the Presidential election.

“Under the arrangement, MEND, I believe, was not to claim responsibility for the bombings which the Nigerian government hoped to pin on General Babangida and other Northern elements. The claim of responsibility by the central group for a bombing, possibly carried out by a faction of MEND, punctured the plans of President Goodluck Jonathan to round up his opposition and hold them in custody until after the elections.”

He claimed to have come under pressure from some of Jonathan’s aides to get MEND to retract its claim of responsibility for the bombing, recalling that his “refusal to cooperate in this scheme resulted in President Goodluck Jonathan placing a call to President Jacob Zuma during the evening of 1 October 2010, requesting President Zuma’s personal assistance in securing my arrest. My noncooperation was interpreted by President Goodluck Jonathan as support for the Northern politicians.
Re: Ignore Ex-militants Threats, MEND To Amaechi, Others by Pacientdokk: 12:25am On Sep 11, 2013
Akamu and Stew: Very intelligent and balanced
It is a threat just like Buhari's threat. So, no need for conflict between MEND and ex-militant. The balancing is just like Akamu with stow. Haha..............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

25,794 People Killed During Buhari's First Term - Premium Times / Oshiomhole: I Didn't Approve 2023 Presidential Campaign Posters In Circulation / Osoba: How Daniel, Amosun Traumatised Me For 16 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.