Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,317 members, 7,887,972 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:09 PM

Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds (735 Views)

PROFORCE Nigerian Defence Company That Produces Equipment To Fight Boko Haram( / Helicopters, Night-vision Other Equipment To Aid Search Arrive / Fg, ASUU End Rift, Sign Deal (govt Approves Seven Private Varsities) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Pergrace: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2013
The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the procurement of one water weed clearing multi-purpose equipment for N278.1bn.

The cost includes payable taxes, $1.3bn and additional N73.6bn.

The Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, who stated this while briefing State House Correspondents after the FEC meeting, said the procurement was aimed at improving safety on the inland waterways.

He added that the equipment would aid navigation and boost economic activities in the various riverside communities across the country.

The minister said it would also rid the waterways of hyacinth and other aquatic weeds.

“The project will increase economic activities within the coastal areas and prevent boat mishaps. The project will create job opportunities for 15 skilled and nine unskilled Nigerians during the period of its execution,” he said.

Umar added that the council also approved the establishment of the Command Control Communication and Intelligence Centre for Sea Ports at the Nigerian Ports Authority.

He said FEC approved the project at the cost of N2.3bn with a completion period of 14 months.

Umar said the project would help in providing a secure environment for ports operations within the Nigerian territorial waters and in curtailing the threat of terrorist activities at the ports.

The project, according to him, will also create 145 job opportunities, including 33 for professionals and 77 for non-professionals during its execution as well as 35 more job opportunities as it progressed.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/govt-approves-n278bn-equipment-to-clear-water-weeds/

Talk about priorities...smh
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Tolexander: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2013
“The project will increase
economic activities within the
coastal areas and prevent
boat mishaps. The project will
create job opportunities for
15 skilled and nine unskilled
Nigerians
during the period of
its execution,” he said.
employment opportunities indeed.
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Pergrace: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2013
278BN to create only 15 Skilled and 9 unskilled job opportunities....when an individual project of 100Million naira can create over 1000 job opportunities.. angry angry angry angry
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Pergrace: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2013
Tolexander: employment opportunities indeed.

my point exactly
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by taharqa: 9:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Oh! Guys come on. What SINGLE Equipment anywhere in d world cost #278bn, talkess of a Hyacinth clearing Equipment?? How much is an Entire FPSO Deep Offshore Rig/Platform worth? How much is d total budget of d Min of Transportation in a year? Don't sm things seem to Incredulous for sm of you to just start to comment without given any pulse long enuf to think it over and try to verify??
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Pergrace: 9:18am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Guys come on. What SINGLE Equipment anywhere in d world cost #278bn, talkess of a Hyacinth clearing Equipment?? How much is an Entire FPSO Deep Offshore Rig/Platform worth? How much is d total budget of d Min of Transportation in a year? Don't sm things seem to Incredulous for sm of you to just start to comment within any pulse long enuf to think it over and try to verify??

We didnt come up with the story...check the link below angry
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/govt-approves-n278bn-equipment-to-clear-water-weeds/
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by taharqa: 9:27am On Sep 12, 2013
Pergrace:

We didnt come up with the story...check the link below angry
I saw the link. Am asking you to use yr head... I wud not bliv this Incredible story until it is verified by various impeccable Sources. It is d Smart thing to do. You shld do same
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by gbanikiti(m): 9:29am On Sep 12, 2013
278billion naira just to clear grass for water? I no fit shout!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by gbanikiti(m): 9:31am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: I saw the link. Am asking you to use yr head... I wud not bliv this Incredible story until it is verified by various impeccable Sources. It is d Smart thing to do. You shld do same
STFU son,why are you finding it hard to believe the story even after you were provided with link? you should be ashamed of yourself! stoopid! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by taharqa: 9:35am On Sep 12, 2013
gbanikiti: STFU son,why are you finding it hard to believe the story even after you were provided with link? you should be ashamed of yourself! stoopid! angry angry
So you are still not afraid, @Berem??
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 12, 2013
Please who does the costing for all of these "contracts"?

So it costs more to purchase weed-clearing equipment than it costs to redesign Lagos-Ibadan expressway?

1.67 billion billion dollars for ONE piece of machinery.

This had better not be true.
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by gbanikiti(m): 9:51am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: So you are still not afraid
Afraid of who? how can an outrageous amount be approved to clear water weed? doesnt it sound silly to you? ASUU is still on strike and Jonathan approves billions of naira to clear weed? this country is phucked!!

angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Guys come on. What SINGLE Equipment anywhere in d world cost #278bn, talkess of a Hyacinth clearing Equipment?? How much is an Entire FPSO Deep Offshore Rig/Platform worth? How much is d total budget of d Min of Transportation in a year? Don't sm things seem to Incredulous for sm of you to just start to comment without given any pulse long enuf to think it over and try to verify??
bros dont mind us, we are IGNORAMUS grin
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by taharqa: 10:00am On Sep 12, 2013
gbanikiti: Afraid of who? how can an outrageous amount be approved to clear water weed? doesnt it sound silly to you? ASUU is still on strike and Jonathan approves billions of naira to clear weed? this country is phucked!!

angry angry angry
YES. It sounds Sillly to me. That it does not sound same to you is d Problem. Not that am too surprised though...
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: I saw the link. Am asking you to use yr head... I wud not bliv this Incredible story until it is verified by various impeccable Sources. It is d Smart thing to do. You shld do same
Dont mind the LIARS. Its a season of LIES and propaganda. The cost, as announced by the minister of information, is 278million. Because Tinubu and his dogs in APC controlled states do everything in billions and billions, Punch and their allies now hear only billions, even when millions was pronunced.

4 Likes

Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Tolexander: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: YES. It sounds Sillly to me. That it does sound same to you is d Problem. Not that am too surprised though...
doesn't it sound silly for a president and vice president to be on a yearly 1billion naira each feeding allowance?

Continue to cover the uncoverable.
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Tolexander: 10:19am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: Oh! Guys come on. What SINGLE Equipment anywhere in d world cost #278bn, talkess of a Hyacinth clearing Equipment?? How much is an Entire FPSO Deep Offshore Rig/Platform worth? How much is d total budget of d Min of Transportation in a year? Don't sm things seem to Incredulous for sm of you to just start to comment without given any pulse long enuf to think it over and try to verify??
stop talking as if we are in an ideal world. grin

We all know anything can happen in nigeria.
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind the LIARS. Its a season of LIES and propaganda. The cost, as announced by the minister of information, is 278million. Because Tinubu and his dogs in APC controlled states do everything in billions and billions, Punch and their allies now hear only billions, even when millions was pronunced.

N278 MILLION would be a more reasonable sum.

Meanwhile there's nothing to suggest that it was a deliberate misstatement (if it indeed was a misstatement). Stop being paranoid.
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Pergrace: 10:28am On Sep 12, 2013

Anyway,I will call Punch to verify. wink
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Pergrace: 10:29am On Sep 12, 2013
HNosegbe:

N278 MILLION would be a more reasonable sum.

Meanwhile there's nothing to suggest that it was a deliberate misstatement (if it indeed was a misstatement). Stop being paranoid.

Thank you bros..
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by takedat(m): 10:38am On Sep 12, 2013
I want to believe that Punch made an error. It should be N278million and not billion, but if true then, this administration will go into record as the most fraudulent ever in the history of Nigeria. The total allocation for capital expenditure in the 2013 budget is N1.5trillion. The water weeding equipment of N278billion as quoted is almost 19% of the total capital expenditure. The allocation for critical infrastructure(including *Transport, Power, Works, Aviation, Gas pipelines and Federal Capital Territory) in the 2013 budget is between N497billion and N500billion. How did they manufacture the contract sum of N278billion for just a project?
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by taharqa: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2013
Obiagelli:
bros dont mind us, we are IGNORAMUS grin
IGNORAMUSES, actuali. Since you guys are many...and yes, I always knew that. Shebi, na me dey always tell una grin grin
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by taharqa: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2013
Tolexander: doesn't it sound silly for a president and vice president to be on a yearly 1billion naira each feeding allowance?

Continue to cover the uncoverable.
Here they come again with LIES repeated so often they actuali start believing it themselves..
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Tolexander: 11:18am On Sep 12, 2013
taharqa: Here they come again with LIES repeated so often they actuali start believing it themselves..
then come out with fact to dispute the lies!
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 12, 2013
That shameless report by Punch confirms that those who work in Punch are GROSSLY INCOMPETENT. Because of hate for the president, Punch is now one of the leading professional DESTRUCTIVE CRITIC of the govt. It's so shameful that those who are professionals in finger pointing cannot even hold their own in their profession. By trying to ridicule the govt with the ridiculously false headline, Punch and its editorial staff ended up advertising their GROSS INCOMPETENCE.

3 Likes

Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by wheelbarrow: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2013
Isn't that why he's called Retardeen??

angry
Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
'Punch' and 'the Nation'- these two newspapers/media i have stopped reading long time nw due to their frivolous,bias,unproffesional and partial reporting.
The Nation i learnt is owned or co-owned by Tifnubu acquired with a token of his loots.Punch owned by an ACN/APC loyalist in the person of Ajibola Ogunsola -A Tifnubu puppet as well.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Approves N278bn Equipment To Clear Water Weeds by bloggernaija: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2013
One of the latest design
Price - between $40,000- $200000
Compare it to the figure posted whether naira or dollars

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/water-hyacinth-harvester.html

Awon ole alaii nironu.

(1) (Reply)

#anambra Labour Chairman, Dan Nwanyanwu Calls Out Obi, Ngige, PDP On Twitter / Gov Oshiomole Has Stopped Working / Ijaw Youths Council Election 2013 Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.