Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,807 members, 7,872,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:48 PM

Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. (19430 Views)

Nigerian Arrested In India With Cocaine Worth Of $720k / Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / NDLEA Arrests 'notorious Drug Baron' With Cocaine At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Barely few weeks after the jubilation that greeted the commencement of international flights at the newly upgraded Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu; the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has made its first arrest and cocaine seizure. The suspect, Chizoba Anselem Nwabuwa 32 year-old 400 Levels Fine and Applied Arts student was apprehended during the inward screening of passengers on an Ethiopian flight from Brazil enroute Addis-Ababa. He was found to have ingested liquid cocaine packed inside male condoms.

The head of the NDLEA at the Enugu Airport, Mr Nsikak-Abasi Udoh who confirmed the arrest said that the suspect excreted 25 wraps of a liquid that tested positive for cocaine. “The suspect excreted twenty-five (25) wraps of liquid substance. When tested with the United Nations drug testing kit, it tested positive for cocaine weighing 1.250kg. This first arrest and seizure is exciting to us because we just commenced operations” Nsikak-Abasi stated.

According to the suspect, “I am a 400 level student of Fine & Applied Arts at the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State. I wanted to use the half a million naira (N500,000) they promised to pay me in developing my Art Gallery. They assured me in Brazil that authorities will not be able to detect liquid cocaine, so I was confident. Unfortunately, things have turned-out the other way. I regret my involvement in drug trafficking”. Chizoba who is single hails from Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Chairman/Chief Executive of NDLEA Ahmadu Giade expressed satisfaction with the arrest. In his words, “the Agency accords high priority attention to all the airports. We shall continue to up-scale our operations at the airports and prevent drug trafficking syndicates from using the nation’s airports”.

Giade urged members of the public to pursue legitimate businesses at all times noting that a good name is far better than ill-gotten wealth.

The suspect will soon be charged to court.

http://247ureports.com/ndlea-records-first-arrest-at-enugu-airport/

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
I knew it won't be long before this happened.

18 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Rexphobia(m): 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
It's a virgin land, the accused took a huge risk. He now has to do the time

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by ujoinme: 4:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
cKaiser: No wonder they wanted an airport in the East

The arrest of drug traffickers is a daily occurrence at the lagos airport, Going by your logic is that why the airport was sited in lagos?

35 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by desgiezd(m): 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
The guy has just laid a record, albeit negatively!

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
The NDLEA are merely doing their job. Good job

3 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
ujoinme:

The arrest of drug traffickers is a daily occurrence at the lagos airport, Going by your logic is that why the airport was sited in lagos?
Hahahahaha!!! Bad finishing!!!
Well I don't get this, as I'm typing I surely know that some other folks are making plans to get their wares outta the shores of Nigeria, now does it actually mean they don't read the papers?
I always see drug victims caught in Nigerian airport while trying to leave the country, it gives me the feeling that no one but no one succeeds in leaving the bleeped up country with cracks.
Don't these guys read of crack victims caught at airports? Aren't they ashamed or scared?
These are big questions!!!
Please, shut your mouth if your comment's gonna be tribalistic. We want it no more!!!
Thanks!!!

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by deeptesting(m): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
Just do the time Bro. and Never you regret what made you smile, it just turned bad.

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
The airport has just gone international. Drug couriers will test the system.

6 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
what the hell was he thinking?
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by ofala(m): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
He should 'go in' for maximum punishment. Goodbye to his education, serves him right and a big warning to others like him that reason with their anus

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by babslamin: 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Its too early for this criminals to start this evil work. Anyway as usual na devil cause am 2do the work..
Just give him his sentence as said in the constitution
Only if FG can let graduate b4 serving his sentence cos na ASUU cos the idleness wey bcome devil workshop
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by emiye(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2013
I have a strong feeling that airport will witness a deluge of drug smugglers who will believe they can easily bypass the screening process since the international flights are new

7 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by dridowu: 5:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
Shame to the guy

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by tpia5: 5:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
that was fast, lord have mercy.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by homesteady(m): 5:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
All this drug peddlers, una no dey learn?? You know you'll be caught oh! But you still want to try it! OKAY! Let her go and develop her art gallery in prison

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by homesteady(m): 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
dridowu: Shame to the guy Lady

Men have suffered! gringrin Any crime that happens anywhere, men 'll be the 1st suspect
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by dridowu: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
homesteady:

Men have suffered! gringrin Any crime that happens anywhere, men 'll be the 1st suspect
thanks 4 d correction but in d news content" HE" was used

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by emiye(m): 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Hahahahaha!!! Bad finishing!!!
Well I don't get this, as I'm typing I surely know that some other folks are making plans to get their wares outta the shores of Nigeria, now does it actually mean they don't read the papers?
I always see drug victims caught in Nigerian airport while trying to leave the country, it gives me the feeling that no one but no one succeeds in leaving the bleeped up country with cracks.
Don't these guys read of crack victims caught at airports? Aren't they ashamed or scared?
These are big questions!!!
Please, shut your mouth if your comment's gonna be tribalistic. We want it no more!!!
Thanks!!!

Dont be deceived, some people are successful
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by Danhumprey: 6:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
I blame ASUU! Na idleness cause am. And also,lack of gainful employment to have engage the jobless youths. The government isn't helping matter at all. By the way,this should serve as a deterrent to other would-be drug dealers.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by ednut1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
Doesn't make sense jare, cocaine is from south america, wit d aim of gettin it to europe, looks fake abeg
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by gbanikiti(m): 6:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
Should i blame him? When ASUU is on strike, why won't an idle mind become a devil's workshop? mtscheeew! angry
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by oduaboy1: 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
gbanikiti: Should i blame him? When ASUU is on strike, why won't an idle mind become a devil's workshop? mtscheeew! angry
So because ASUU is on strike all students should take to crime abi, see warped logic in display:x:x:x

4 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by gbanikiti(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
odua boy: So because ASUU is on strike all students should take to crime abi, see warped logic in display:x:x:x
Go back and read my comment before you quote me and talk nonsense! angry

1 Like

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by ebamma(m): 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2013
Giade urged members of
the public to pursue
legitimate businesses at
all times noting that a
good name is far better
than ill-gotten wealth.
Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by stebell(m): 7:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Like most Nlanders who are always happy being first to comment, de suspect shud be happy he is de 1st to be arrested. I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ laff.

2 Likes

Re: Student Arrested With Cocaine At Enugu International Airport. by oduaboy1: 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
gbanikiti: Go back and read my comment before you quote me and talk nonsense! angry
You are the one talking nonsense my dear,there are thousands of legal jobs out there for the students,so stop justifying crimes because ASUU is on strike:x:x:x

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EndSARS: Owerri Youths Protests Against Police Brutality / Man Attacked By Fulani Herdsmen In Bilachi, Adamawa (Graphic Photos) / Adesina Ogunlana, Baba Ijesha's Lawyer Speaks On His Bail (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.