Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,523 members, 7,978,726 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:12 PM

Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate (15302 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants / Imo APGA Senatorial Candidate, Barr. Mrs. Eudora Igwe, Is DEAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 14, 2013
[quote
author=deandavid] my friend, u said he is d best qualified candidate,
and u r stil doubtin? If i may ask, whr do u stand, for mediocrity and
plunderin of our wealth or for accountability, competency and progress?
Who would u vote 4? If u agree keyamo is d best, den vote 4 him, let,
protect ur vote, and let keyamo and God do their own work. D time has
come, we cnt continue like dis.[/quote]
there is no question keyamo is the right candidate and if i were voting,he'll be my obvious choice but i'm pointing out the fact that he has little chance of winning in a state like delta where mediocrity rules and where the pdp is very strong....i'll rather abstain than vote for someone who won't win
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by funshint(m): 11:29am On Sep 14, 2013
emk4lif:
there is no question keyamo is the right candidate and if i were voting,he'll be my obvious choice but i'm pointing out the fact that he has little chance of winning in a state like delta where mediocrity rules and where the pdp is very strong....i'll rather abstain than vote for someone who won't win
U̶̲̥̅̊'re one of d people actually promoting mediocrity. Just a vote can make a lot of difference... Vote 4 whoever U̶̲̥̅̊ like; U̶̲̥̅̊ shldn't be concerned about who has d highest chance of winning. Do your own work; God will do d rest. Chikena!!

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by anonimi: 11:47am On Sep 14, 2013
I guess we can expect this "good man" to not only REJECT the illegal monthly mega millions SINators receive but to campaign vigorously for others to follow his noble example.
Ngige
forgot to do that once he stepped into Abuja.

Other APC good men & women also must have forgotten to address this BASIC imbalance between the WAGES paid to politicians working for the same government compared to civil servants on 18k minimum wage.

5 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Tropilo(m): 11:56am On Sep 14, 2013
funshint:
Are U̶̲̥̅̊ alrite upstairs... I really doubt it. Well thank God U̶̲̥̅̊ didn't say "Keyamo". That your "Keyamu" must be one of your PDP motorpark chairman abi... Mumu!

My dear, was there any need for the insults? If you didn't or don't agree with my views, i don't think insults should be part of the reply.

If we say our leaders aren't leading us right i think we on our own should show them that we are better. But, your reply shows differently.

I am not eligible to vote except things change as i'm currently resident in Hull City. I only just replied to Mr. Gbawe's takes on the topic as it affects my homeland.

Please, learn to be civil. Bless you!
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by solomon111(m): 11:57am On Sep 14, 2013
anonimi: I guess we can expect this "good man" to not only REJECT the illegal monthly mega millions SINators receive but to campaign vigorously for others to follow his noble example.
Ngige
forgot to do that once he stepped into Abuja.

Other APC good men & women also must have forgotten to address this BASIC imbalance between the WAGES paid to politicians working for the same government compared to civil servants on 18k minimum wage.
lol.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by doncaster(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2013
Chief Gani was a good man also who went for the presidency. Ask all this people that want the best if they voted for "the people's SAN" then. Why can't APC field Pat Utomi?

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Tropilo(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
baynix:

Why shld we believe an airhead like you?? Who is your Candidate??

I don't have a candidate, dear!

I can't even vote.

Any need for the name calling?

**Sometime ago here in the UK, Mr. Keyamo was interviewed in a fora and i (and many others) was/were displeased on his jibes on late Chief Gani. He was even talked down by the interviewer. Even if he had things against the revered sage it should have been reeled in public (JLT).

I hope you understand my point.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by funshint(m): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
doncaster: Chief Gani was a good man also who went for the presidency. Ask all this people that want the best if they voted for "the people's SAN" then. Why can't APC field Pat Utomi?
Dat's not d question... Keyamo is only using dis as testing ground for his 2015 governorship ambition
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by GENTLETEE(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
The change we crave for here at last! Tired of hearing about these old brigade politrictians. Keyamo all the way!
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by 1025: 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Tropilo:

Keyamu is a loud-mouthed, notice-me, fame-seeker.
He bad mouths almost everyone except himself just to get noticed.
He has and still talks bad of Chief Gani even in death, a man well respected and honored even by the high and low of the society.

I am from Delta State and i know Keyamu is not electable. This is the simple truth!

hahahahahahahahaha, uncle, pls see ur doctor before things get out of hands. ur gani could be a nice man but that does not make ppl criticize him for reasons.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by skyfall: 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
Even if Mother Theresa comes out to contest the seat, some goats will still continue to spew their usual rubbish.

To them I say... if Keyamo is not good enough, tell your father to go and contest or shut up forever.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by toprealman: 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
For those calling him 'the messiah', you guys should take some chill pill. When he gets in, he will DEFINETLY change. Aldolf Hitler, Mugabe, Field Castro, etc....all started as the people's choice. Unless a system is set up to curb the excesses of our polititical leaders, anyone who goes in there...including YOU reading this post will underperform.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by atlwireles: 1:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
APC has no chance in delta central. No be mouth. Keyamo will not get 5% support in this zone. This is a race between DPP and PDP, with advantage PDP. Urhobo Wadoo.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Orikinla(m): 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
emk4lif: Keyamo is obviously the best candidate but he has no chance at winning, I am from delta state and I can tell you it is a straight battle between ighoyota amori of PDP and ede dafinone of DPP, keyamo would end up a distant third, that's the sad reality of politics in the niger delta

Keyamo is a winner already.
The PDP and DPP have no better candidates.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by newmaonza: 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2013
l tot Keyamo was a Jehovah's witness, &witnesses dont have any thing to do with d political system of the world
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by amarilo: 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
Obiagelli: Fact is there are bad eggs and crooks in the party but it takes a Crook to catch a crook.
Mention the crooks in APC if any or keep shush. Crooks are only in PDP and other parties that did not join the progressive.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by kokoA(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
solomon111: See this paid hack.
Why not go and tell the people of nasarawa state that APC which is currently in charge of their state is the hope they need.
They would probably lynch you.
Keep deceiving yourself that the political parties are different.
Nigerians should Vote for the individuals they want irrespective of party affiliations.
Nasarwa is a special case that needs divine intervention. They've never had good leadership since 2009 under PDP and now APC. First it was Abdulahi Adamu, then Aliyu Akwe doma (the old man with 15 point agenda), now its almakura.. Smh. I think their politicians are just bunch worthless noise makers, a perfect example is Labaran Maku.. Their close proximity to FCT has not impacted anything positive in them. Smh!
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Alxmyr(m): 3:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
I saw Gbawe and other APC apologists dancing up and down on this thread singing praises of how APC picked the best candidate for elective positions and how Keyamo is the best hand from Delta Central.
I may not fault the ability of Keyamo to speak articulately but that APC always produce best candidate for position is farce and very idiotic.
In Lagos senatorial election of 2011, the best candidate and best hand Olorunibe Mamora was eased out of the race by the Lord of the Manor.
Their best in Senate today is Yerima. Ngige that you are singing praise of have been in the senate for about 2 and half years, he has neither sponsor a bill nor contribute meaningfully to debates on floor of the assembly.
George Akume, the minority leader always fall asleep during session, he has never made any meaningful contribution as minority leader in the past 2 and half year. I believe many will want to google who George Akume is.
Sola Adeyeye started well, but he has since join the eating club so you only see him during session when it is convenient.
Remi Tinubu is yet to understand what her functions are.
Except for the likes of Ajetumobi, Gbenga Kaka, Gani Solomon, Sen. Lawan, sadly as well Sen. Yerima, majority of the APC in the senate are disappointment.
What will Keyamo do among bunch of mediocre that will form his immediate constituency in the senate?

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Wsdm: 3:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Obiagelli: i. Support APC because of the great minds in the party, the likes of Oshiomole, keyamo, utomi, Fashola, ribadu and many more. Fact is there are bad eggs and crooks in the party but it takes a Crook to catch a crook. Since no clean party has ever won elections in Nigeria, the crooks are welcome as far as they follow party rules. FACT IS NIGERIANS LOVE CROOKS, that is why the likes of gani fawehimi, ojukwu never won elections.
On point. That is why Atiku is needed to fight his fellow crooks in the PDP. And the only reason when a sole Buhari's party can never also win election in the present day Nigeria- he is looking for an unavailable free and fair election.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by kokoA(m): 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
Think aloud... Only easterners see APC as a yoruba party.. I've not heard any deltan saying "Keyamo is good, but I will not vote foa a yoruba party"..
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Tinyemeka(m): 4:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
Kanwulia: NO FIGHT FOR DELTA STATE O!
Na we get GOVERNOR 'SLUT'! cool

Anioma PAWA!!!!! cheesy

Urhobo. . . 8 years!
Itsekiri. . . 8 years!

ANIOMA. . . 8 YEARS! cool

Okurin MERIN!!!! cool

Time to move back to NIGERIA to CHOP! cool

Enyi, is it true that you are from Agbor? undecided
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Tinyemeka(m): 4:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
new maonza: l tot Keyamo was a Jehovah's witness
Talk true?!
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by klassic(m): 5:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Watch out!!!!! Come 2015, it is the turn of the Ijaws. We have been too quite . Never had deputy or governor since 1999. So you see we do not only deserve it, but we are getting it. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEE!!!!! cool IZON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 5:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
skyfall: Even if Mother Theresa comes out to contest the seat, some goats will still continue to spew their usual rubbish.

To them I say... if Keyamo is not good enough, tell your father to go and contest or shut up forever.

Thank you. Clearly mediocre candidates they complain. Now we are seeing a good crop of young Nigerians who have excelled as professionals and technocrats stepping forward and they still complain. To be honest, too many Nigerians are confused than is healthy for the Nation.

Go to the political forum of all other Africans and the simple consensus will be that an individual is a good candidate or a bad candidate. Simple as that.

Here, you will find people who just talk for the sake of it and simply to blindly defend whatever/whoever they are affiliated with. What I expect even the most die-hard fans of PDP to say, assuming they are even fairly politically sophisticated, is that this is a good development for Nigeria.

Undoubtedly, even those who love the PDP must want the Party reformed as they surely cannot be happy with what they are seeing. To that extent, refrom can come in a manner forced upon the PDP by what others are doing. When the candidates of others are outstanding Nigerians then the PDP must up its game and shun the unthinking stooges they seem to enjoy fielding everywhere. It will be to the glory of Nigeria, as the case with many African countries now making progress, if all political Parties raise the bar so that incompetence and mediocrity is banished from Nigerian politics. All Parties should support the best Nigerians available or risk losing at the polling booth.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
kokoA: Think aloud... Only easterners see APC as a yoruba party.. I've not heard any deltan saying "Keyamo is good, but I will not vote foa a yoruba party"..

If you are correct, then that is commendable political sophistication. Keyamo will not be representing Oyo State at the Senate. Anyone who therefore rejects such a good candidate because they think they are frustrating the "Yoruba Party" only cut their own nose to spite their face.

If Keyamo is the best available then a politically sophisticated electorate should go out and deliver the win for him. Those who wish to be voting according to their sectional/ethno-religious bias should carry on doing so. Non of us live in States clalled "ethnic groups". We live in States and the consideration for electing those who will lead the State should be 100% related to the ability of the candidates.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Myself2(m): 5:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ignorance is truly a disease.
Why are you guys having premature eja culation because Keyamo was adopted as APC's senatorial candidate.Keyamo is utterly unelectable.Which structure is he going to ride on.Late Pius Evwherido,whose vacant seat he seeks to occupy,was DPP on the outside and PDP on the inside.Prior to,during and after his long sting in the DTHA,he was a hardcore PDP man,he was only able to defeat Chief Ighoyota Amori for the Delta central senatorial seat as a result of these three points;
1.The structure he built while in PDP
2.Protest votes by even PDP members who were not happy Amori was handed the senatorial ticket
3.The Ogboru factor.Remember Ogboru is an Ethiope man,from Delta central

Keyamo will be humiliated at the polls cos
1.He hasn't any structure on ground
2.Deltans neither trust him nor his principals,even most people from the Keyamo extended family will vote against Festus
3.Ogboru,who is arguably the biggest factor in the politics Delta central senatorial district is not in APC,in fact he is currently at war with those that purportedly dragged DPP into an alliance with APC

My prediction;PDP will win that vacant seat;as long as they don't field Amori.Gbagi is there,same as Omo Agege.These are people with very solid grass roots structure,who have been doing a lot for their people and are well known and loved by the people.Not a Festus Keyamo that cannot win in his extended family

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by atlwireles: 5:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Gbawe:

If you are correct, then that is commendable political sophistication. Keyamo will not be representing Oyo State at the Senate. Anyone who therefore rejects such a good candidate because they think they are frustrating the "Yoruba Party" only cut their own nose to spite their face.

If Keyamo is the best available then a politically sophisticated electorate will go out and vote for him. Those who wish to be voting according to their sectional bias should carry on doing so. Non of us live in States clalled "ethnic groups". We live in States and the consideration for electing those who will lead the State should be 100% related to the ability of the candidates.

Keyamo chances in delta central is zero. No amount of noise will change this fact. look at the people he is up against..... This is an election between PDP and DPP take it or leave it.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by atlwireles: 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
Myself2: Ignorance is truly a disease.
Why are you guys having premature eja culation because Keyamo was adopted as APC's senatorial candidate. Keyamo is utterly unelectable.Which structure is he going to ride on.Late Pius Evwherido,whose vacant seat he seeks to occupy,was DPP on the outside and PDP on the inside.Prior to,during and after his long sting in the DTHA,he was a hardcore PDP man,he was only able to defeat Chief Ighoyota Amori for the Delta central senatorial seat as a result of these three points;
1.The structure he built while in PDP
2.Protest votes by even PDP members who were not happy Amori was handed the senatorial ticket
3.The Ogboru factor.Remember Ogboru is an Ethiope man,from Delta central

Keyamo will be humiliated at the polls cos
1.He hasn't any structure on ground
2.Deltans neither trust him nor his principals,even most people from the Keyamo extended family will vote against Festus
3.Ogboru,who is arguably the biggest factor in the politics Delta central senatorial district is not in APC,in fact he is currently at war with those that purportedly dragged DPP into an alliance with APC

My prediction;PDP will win that vacant seat;as long as they don't field Amori.Gbagi is there,same as Omo Agege.These are people with very solid grass roots structure,who have been doing a lot for their people and are well known and loved by the people.Not a Festus Keyamo that cannot win in his extended family

I did not want to be so cold to these noise makers here.Thanks for cold hard truth. The only reson DPP might even make some noise will be the name of Dafinone, if his son Ede gets the ticket. APC has zero chances in any zone in delta state. Mostly in the central zone, where imports like Keyamo are not welcomed . We don't want anymore Abuja and lagos based deltans, that remember their home state when elective office is available.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by mbulela: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
new maonza: l tot Keyamo was a Jehovah's witness, &witnesses dont have any thing to do with d political system of the world
He is and i think he is also baptised. He does field work too (used to in the past). They will likely ex-communicate him.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by ProfOgogoro: 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
As a Deltan I congratulate Kenyamo on his successful clinching of the APC's Senatorial ticket for Delta Central. I encourage him to brace up for the challenge ahead as the waters of Delta politics are extremely murky and highly turbulent.

I also thank the APC for giving the ticket to a credible candidate instead of fielding the usual money bags or recycled worthless politicians who have run the state aground directly or who have tacitly endorsed the impoverishment of the good people of my beloved state.

Personally, I have my doubts with regards to Kenyamo winning the Senatorial election. My doubts however pale into insignificance when places side by side with my strong conviction that forthright men like Kenyamo are needed to set things straight in the Political Arena both in Delta State and Nigeria. I will therefore give him my wholehearted support and encourage all Deltans to do same. The road shall be rough, narrow and cramped, but with determination, courage, perseverance and hardwork we shall succeed.

People never believed Oshiomole could win an election in Edo state in view of the strategic importance of the State as well as the fact that Mr. Fix It hails from there. However the good people of Edo State believed him to be the best and voted massively for him, the rest they say is history.

In conclusion, I urge all Deltans to support Barr. Kenyamo. A vote for Kenyamo is a vote for progress. Let us usher in a new era in our Political History and eschew politics of "Ghana-must-go bags", thuggery and mediocrity.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

Prof. Ogogoro (B.Eng)

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by ProfOgogoro: 5:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
mbulela:
He is and i think he is also baptised. He does field work too (used to in the past). They will likely ex-communicate him.

He stopped being one of Jehovah's witnesses a long time ago. Though his elder brother is still a very strong member of the said religion. While I was in Uniben I met one of Festus' niece who was in Engineering, I think her name was Ejiro or something like that..
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Adola1(m): 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
[quote
author=Gbawe]

People like you are funny. When crooks held sway everywhere you demanded
the presence of 'good guys' in our politics as the solution. Now that
the good guys are actually making their way into politics and winning,
under a new Party Gani Fawehinmi and Ken Saro-Wiwa can only applaud
today as a way forward were they alive, you are still cynical and
needlessly negative. What exactly do you people want? Perhaps we should
endure with crooks, mediocrity and hopelessness then. [ Pls KEN TSARO WIWA's name be mention with respect.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soludo Commissions Dozie Nwankwo Centre For Development & ICT In Enugwu Ukwu / Position Of Bsc. Graduate If Recruited Into Npf,nigeria Police Force / Presidents Of Ghana, Niger And Senegal Congratulates President Buhari

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.