Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,522 members, 7,978,719 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:07 PM

Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate (15301 Views)

Osita Chidoka Set To Emerge Pdp’s Anambra Central Senatorial Candidate / Osun PDP Senatorial Candidate, Others, Donate foodstuffs To Civil Servants / Imo APGA Senatorial Candidate, Barr. Mrs. Eudora Igwe, Is DEAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 6:47pm On Sep 14, 2013
atlwireles:

Keyamo chances in delta central is zero. No amount of noise will change this fact. look at the people he is up against..... This is an election between PDP and DPP take it or leave it.

So be it. If you have not realised this about me already then you should know I never tell stakeholders what to do - especially if I am not one of them. Let the good people of Delta State decide Keyamo's fate. I am only happy APC is leading by example towards what we should all wish should become the norm in Nigerian politics i.e the best hands available being included and empowered in the political process rather than disenfranchised, frustrated and relegated as is still the case today.

This is what I supported the ACN for and, by extension, the APC. I am well-exposed enough to know that "square pegs in square holes" is what is responsible for the progress many Nations, including our lauded African neigbhours, are making. The APC's principle of supporting the best available will ultimately yield massive positive results for Nigeria over time. It is about the vision to make plans for tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 6:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
Prof. Ogogoro:
As a Deltan I congratulate Kenyamo on his successful clinching of the APC's Senatorial ticket for Delta Central. I encourage him to brace up for the challenge ahead as the waters of Delta politics are extremely murky and highly turbulent.

I also thank the APC for giving the ticket to a credible candidate instead of fielding the usual money bags or recycled worthless politicians who have run the state aground directly or who have tacitly endorsed the impoverishment of the good people of my beloved state.

Personally, I have my doubts with regards to Kenyamo winning the Senatorial election. My doubts however pale into insignificance when places side by side with my strong conviction that forthright men like Kenyamo are needed to set things straight in the Political Arena both in Delta State and Nigeria. I will therefore give him my wholehearted support and encourage all Deltans to do same. The road shall be rough, narrow and cramped, but with determination, courage, perseverance and hardwork we shall succeed.

People never believed Oshiomole could win an election in Edo state in view of the strategic importance of the State as well as the fact that Mr. Fix It hails from there. However the good people of Edo State believed him to be the best and voted massively for him, the rest they say is history.

In conclusion, I urge all Deltans to support Barr. Kenyamo. A vote for Kenyamo is a vote for progress. Let us usher in a new era in our Political History and eschew politics of "Ghana-must-go bags", thuggery and mediocrity.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

Prof. Ogogoro (B.Eng)

Everything you have said is class. We have to begin somewhere. I have read many say here that Keyamo does not stand a chance and will be "disgraced" and it makes me shake my head because such talk surely leads good Nigerians to conclude that our decency is lost and/or bastardized. What then are some saying? That good and talented Nigerians should stay away from politics and not even bother because thugs and established money bags, only seeking to get richer, have Nigerian politics under 'lockdown'?

If the likes of the APC will not come in to provide a platform for our 'good guys' to be involved, as is the case worldwide, what then is the way forward for Nigeria? This is what worries me severely about Nigeria. I.e the way too many of us talk online that shows we are casually comfortable with what is wrong, criminal and condemnable. Let Keyamo contest and let the stakeholders decide his fate. To write him off or to speak as if he should not have bothered just shows too many Nigerians may have being 'damaged' from too many years of misrule to the extent they are now programmed to abhor change or progress. Keyamo may lose but he has to start somewhere. If he stays the course, then it will not be long before his kind is dominant leading Nigerian politics, as seen universally, to become the preserve of talented solution providers.

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by LibertyRep: 10:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
anonimi: I guess we can expect this "good man" to not only REJECT the illegal monthly mega millions SINators receive but to campaign vigorously for others to follow his noble example.
Ngige
forgot to do that once he stepped into Abuja.

Other APC good men & women also must have forgotten to address this BASIC imbalance between the WAGES paid to politicians working for the same government compared to civil servants on 18k minimum wage.

God bless u.
The hypocrisy of these opposition parties sometimes put me off. Why hasn't any of the self acclaimed PROGRESSIVES in the National Assembly openly reject the jumbo pay.
Why hasn't any of their GOVERNORS openly declare their security vote?
Is dia any of these opposition GOVERNORS that is not also making allocation for d pet projects of their first ladies?
There are as much rot in the state as in the federal.
They should just stop insulting our sensibilities with the toga of 'progressives'

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by anonimi: 11:09pm On Sep 14, 2013
Alxmyr: I saw Gbawe and other APC apologists dancing up and down on this thread singing praises of how APC picked the best candidate for elective positions and how Keyamo is the best hand from Delta Central.
I may not fault the ability of Keyamo to speak articulately but that APC always produce best candidate for position is farce and very idiotic.

I guess Gbawe is still busy dancing YAHOOZE (maybe plus including I-Go-Chop-Your-Dollars abi na Naira or Cedis abi Pounds Sterling sef) to give you his usual robust but empty rhetorical replies.
Let's hope he or some other APC e-Warrior will adequately address the allegation

In Lagos senatorial election of 2011, the best candidate and best hand Olorunibe Mamora was eased out of the race by the Lord of the Manor.
Their best in Senate today is Yerima.

Na wa for you oh, bros.
Yerima the best for sponsoring a ChildIsBride amendment to our 1999 constitution with Ghana Must Go Bags to bribe his colleagues for the passage

Ngige that you are singing praise of have been in the senate for about 2 and half years, he has neither sponsor a bill nor contribute meaningfully to debates on floor of the assembly.

Yeah...and for LOAFING in the NASS all this period, Ngige gets PROMOTED to gubernatorial candidate of the company of "good men"- APC shocked

George Akume, the minority leader always fall asleep during session, he has never made any meaningful contribution as minority leader in the past 2 and half year. I believe many will want to google who George Akume is.

He is the former PDP governor for eight years (1999-2007) of Benue state. Since then he has become a born-to-gain member of ACN/APC.
I guess since he slept through the eight years in Makurdi but got REWARDED by the Association of Conmen in Nigeria, ACN with a SINatorial ticket,
Georgey boy is cool and can continue sleeping in the hallowed legislative chambers of Abuja.
QED!

Sola Adeyeye started well, but he has since join the eating club so you only see him during session when it is convenient.
Remi Tinubu is yet to understand what her functions are.
Except for the likes of Ajetumobi, Gbenga Kaka, Gani Solomon, Sen. Lawan, sadly as well Sen. Yerima, majority of the APC in the senate are disappointment.

The performance yardstick for these Honourable LAWMAKERS of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is how many bills have they sponsored?
What issues were addressed by these bills, if any?

What will Keyamo do among bunch of mediocre that will form his immediate constituency in the senate?

As a Gbawe-certified "good man, he will REJECT the mega millions paid to the SINators monthly for doing nothing and campaign vigorously among his fellow SINators to do likewise.

#Lobatan

3 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by TGlobe: 1:22am On Sep 15, 2013
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by puzzler: 4:46am On Sep 15, 2013
Gbawe:

People like you are funny. When crooks held sway everywhere you demanded the presence of 'good guys' in our politics as the solution. Now that the good guys are actually making their way into politics and winning, under a new Party Gani Fawehinmi and Ken Saro-Wiwa can only applaud today as a way forward were they alive, you are still cynical and needlessly negative. What exactly do you people want? Perhaps we should endure with crooks, mediocrity and hopelessness then.
Point of correction, Gani fawehinmi wld never av supported apc,d question is who are d pioneers of dis ur so much celebrated "wolf in a sheeps clothing" party? How much credibility can. Attribute To dem.
As for keyamo; we know his type very well,@least history gives us dat leverage, we know how pple like him av cried their. Ways to d top and eventually keep quiet wen dey get there.
Like u rightly mentioned "GOOD GUYS" , yeah we need good guys but not pple who av bin staging their talks and steps just to eventually get somewhere. Am sorry. But dis guy to me is just one of dem.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by ProfOgogoro: 5:16am On Sep 15, 2013
puzzler:
Point of correction, Gani fawehinmi wld never av supported apc,d question is who are d pioneers of dis ur so much celebrated "wolf in a sheeps clothing" party? How much credibility can. Attribute To dem.
As for keyamo; we know his type very well,@least history gives us dat leverage, we know how pple like him av cried their. Ways to d top and eventually keep quiet wen dey get there.
Like u rightly mentioned "GOOD GUYS" , yeah we need good guys but not pple who av bin staging their talks and steps just to eventually get somewhere. Am sorry. But dis guy to me is just one of dem.

SMH.....

You condemned a man not based on what he has done but based on what you think he might do.

2 Likes

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by luvmijeje(f): 5:42am On Sep 15, 2013
Now that he has been nominated, I hope he will drop the sense of entitlement that he has potrayed. If you want it badly, then work for it.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by banki(m): 6:12am On Sep 15, 2013
@solomon111 nasarawa under apc is better than pdp under abdulahi adamu and akwe doma,and labaran maku! I pray solomon ewuga becomes governor because I believe he is a better candidate

The pdp ruled the state for over 12years sold off everything like keffi hotel to abulahi adamu and labaran maku...tUrned the state into debt and you are here asking people to continue to suffer

Apc fielding keyamo in delta is just the begining I urge them to fill nigeria with proven technocrats and proven politicans not people that have phds that no one has ever seen their thesis not people that cannot transform bayelsa to dubai in 14years of democray with all the gas and oil

Not people who are struggling to fix locomotive trains when the world has moved on to fast trains and call that super achievment,not people who remodel airports and expect a heros part in the back,yet none of the airport is of international standard yet we borrow money to expand and build the same airport
Not a government that loves luxury and promotes theft publicly and encourages looting please whose job is it to ensure that people don't make fruadulent claims from subsidy? Pdp is sick and anyone that promotes them is an enemy of nigeria correct me if I am wrong

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 7:06am On Sep 15, 2013
banki: @solomon111 nasarawa under apc is better than pdp under abdulahi adamu and akwe doma,and labaran maku! I pray solomon ewuga becomes governor because I believe he is a better candidate

The pdp ruled the state for over 12years sold off everything like keffi hotel to abulahi adamu and labaran maku...tUrned the state into debt and you are here asking people to continue to suffer

Apc fielding keyamo in delta is just the begining I urge them to fill nigeria with proven technocrats and proven politicans not people that have phds that no one has ever seen their thesis not people that cannot transform bayelsa to dubai in 14years of democray with all the gas and oil

Not people who are struggling to fix locomotive trains when the world has moved on to fast trains and call that super achievment,not people who remodel airports and expect a heros part in the back,yet none of the airport is of international standard yet we borrow money to expand and build the same airport
Not a government that loves luxury and promotes theft publicly and encourages looting please whose job is it to ensure that people don't make fruadulent claims from subsidy? Pdp is sick and anyone that promotes them is an enemy of nigeria correct me if I am wrong

Thank you !! Go to Britain, the USA , France or even South Africa, Ghana and Botswana to see Political sanity revolving around putting square pegs in square holes. Only Nigerians, as we see on this thread, will speak against such even as the concept of empowering those who have proven to be good at delivering solutions is responsible, from time immemorial, for the progress the best nations have made.

A lot of Nigerians have 'issues' that means they will find one way or another to cut their own nose to spite their face or discredit anything done by those they do not support or like. It is obvious that Keyamo , after dispassionately inspecting his history , is a good candidate and a step in the right direction for Nigeria. As simple as that.

What has upset fans of the PDP and haters of the APC, to the extent they now talk nonsense here, is the ease with which Keyamo got involved and obtained his senatorial ticket under the APC. No fuss, no treachery, no backstabbing, no 'monetised' process, no underhand disqualification and no "do or die" antics disguised as "Primaries" or whatever. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by nex(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2013
See the way people are screaming Keyamo as if there's a single thing they can point their fingers to that he has achieved in his entire life. Is he not in the same bracket as Reuben Abati and Abike Dabiri, who cry against the government till they get into it? Abeg, you people should let me hear word. Keyamo who has lost more than 20 EFCC cases in a row, but comes to the media to shout as if that is where the show of legal prowess is.

Put up a list of Barrister Festus Keyamo's WIN to LOSS ratio on all his law cases, and you will find that you're actually championing a mediocre to the Hallowed Chambers.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Alxmyr(m): 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
nex: See the way people are screaming Keyamo as if there's a single thing they can point their fingers to that he has achieved in his entire life. Is he not in the same bracket as Reuben Abati and Abike Dabiri, who cry against the government till they get into it? Abeg, you people should let me hear word. Keyamo who has lost more than 20 EFCC cases in a row, but comes to the media to shout as if that is where the show of legal prowess is.

Put up a list of Barrister Festus Keyamo's WIN to LOSS ratio on all his law cases, and you will find that you're actually championing a mediocre to the Hallowed Chambers.

Please Gbawe, can you provide us with Keyamo's WIN and Loss cases.
Lets be sure you are not championing a mediocre's cause in the name of progressive.
Thanks in advance for this information.
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Gbawe: 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Festus Egwarewa Adeniyi Keyamo cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

http://deltaforcesunited./keyamos-profile/

KEYAMO’S PROFILE

[img]http://deltaforcesunited.files./2013/08/header.jpg[/img]

Festus Egwarewa Adeniyi Keyamo, Esq., lawyer, social crusader, critic and columnist is an intriguing personality. Born in Ughelli, Delta State of Nigeria on Wednesday, January 21, 1970 by a father who hails from Effurun, Warri, in Delta State and a mother from Ilaro in Ogun State, Festus Keyamo attended OHARISI (Model) Primary School, Ughelli, 1975 to 1981, Government College, Ughelli, 1981 to 1986 and received his Higher School Certificate (HSC) course in the same school. Armed with these certificates, he gained admission into Bendel State University, (now Ambrose Alli University (AAU)) Ekpoma, in Edo State, and obtained his LL.B degree (Second Class Upper) in 1992. He was called to the Nigerian Bar on December 15,1993 setting the stage for a colourful career in law.

Keyamo, as he is widely known, started his legal practice in Gani Fawehinmi Chambers in Lagos at the height of the agitation for the revalidation of the June 2, 1993 election. Even as a young lawyer, he was on the front row of legal activism representing icons like Dr. BEko Ransome-Kuti, Chief Frank Kokori and Ken Saro Wiwa as well as the duo of Chief M.K.O. Abiola and Anthony Enahoro who were arrested in 1994 and other NADECO leaders. These challenging responsibilities helped to build Keyamo’s confidence in trenchant advocacy emerging with the award of BEST LAWYER IN GANI FAWEHINMI CHAMBERS IN 1994.

He left Gani Fawehinmi Chambers in 1995, to establish his own law firm, FESTUS Keyamo CHAMBERS, which has since grown rapidly with the Head Office at No. 1 Festus Keyamo Lane, Anthony Village, Lagos State with branches in Abuja and Warri (Delta State), and liaison office in many states.

[b]Keyamo has handled several controversial and landmark cases. He was counsel to the leader of the Niger-Delta Peoples’ Volunteer Force, Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari in his trial for treasonable felony, lead counsel in the treason trial of the leader of the Movement For The Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB), Chief Ralph Uwazuruike and other MASSOB leaders as well as counsel in the brutal murder of Elder Statesman, Chief Bola Ige. As one of the prosecutors for the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), he has secured the conviction of six public officers by full and complete trial (not plea-bargain). Recently, he went to court to challenge the power of the Nigerian President to unilaterally appoint Service Chiefs without the approval of the National Assembly. In a landmark judgment, the court agreed with him and declared the appointments of the nation’s Service Chiefs without the concurrence of the National Assembly as null and void.

During the Abacha regime, Keyamo formed against Misguided Youths (YAMY) set up to challenge the Youth Earnestly Ask for Abacha (YEAA) of Daniel Kanu in 1997. He was mobilizing Nigerians on the streets to sign petitions to international bodies when Abacha died.

Recently, he initiated a probe of the leadership of the House of Representatives over alleged profligacy and mismanagement of public funds in the purchase of 380 units of 407 Peugeot Cars.

Keyamo’s brush with the authorities has been audacious. He has been detained several times in prisons and cells across Nigeria on account of his crusades for justice, human rights and against corruption.

He has helped many youths of Delta State unjustly arrested and detained by the authorities free of charge and has been working closely with his Uvwie community for some years now on several issues. For instance, he recently won a case for his community in which the inadequate census figures allocated to it in the last census exercise was cancelled by the Census Tribunal and he is also in court to reclaim their vast expanse of land compulsorily acquired by the Army in 1975, purportedly for public purpose, but now converted to private use. These matters are prosecuted free of charge for the community. He was decorated with the ‘Uvwie Son of the Year’ in 2010.
[/b]

A man of amazing gusto and dogged spirit, his honours include, Best Single Advocate of Nigeria Law Students, (Taslim Elias Moot Trial Competition) 1992; Honorary Alumni, of various Students’ Associations; Activist of the year (2001) by the Students Union, University of Jos; Listed in the New Who is Who in Nigeria, 2003; and nominated for the World Medal of Honour, 2003, by the American Biographical institute, in 2005. He was conferred with the chieftaincy titles of Ogba-uri of Ogor Kingdom (Strong man of the law) 2005 and Omorokaro of Uvwie Kingdom (The child who leads the way) 2011 in Delta State but prefers to be called ‘Mr.’
Re: Keyamo Emerges Consensus Senatorial Candidate by Contactman(m): 3:27am On Sep 16, 2013
Gbawe:

People like you are funny. When crooks held sway everywhere you demanded the presence of 'good guys' in our politics as the solution. Now that the good guys are actually making their way into politics and winning, under a new Party Gani Fawehinmi and Ken Saro-Wiwa can only applaud today as a way forward were they alive, you are still cynical and needlessly negative. What exactly do you people want? Perhaps we should endure with crooks, mediocrity and hopelessness then.
It is always easy to bark from outside.Now that keyamo has finally joined the league of the disgruntled politicians who have uncanny ways of corrupting the good people,lets see if he will still be the keyamo u know. Dont be in hurry to rejoice until he wears the big shoes.Though it is a welcome development but it is too early to start clapping hands.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Port-Harcourt Refinery Producing 5million Litres Daily; NNPC Deploys 200 Trucks / Southeast Governors Meet Buhari Wednesday Over Infrastructure, Other Issues / Senate To CBN, Ministers: Your Policies Are Failing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.