Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,929 members, 7,872,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:14 AM

Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings (9086 Views)

Is Buying A Car A True Sign Of Success? / Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! / Please Help! Car Doesn't Accelerate As It Should (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings by Abestos(m): 5:52pm On Jan 07, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]

Good day bosses. Please I use a ‘09 Hyundai Elantra and I’ve been having repeated AC issues. I once changed valve and my AC worked for about 2weeks fine then we’re back to the same problem of cooling at morning and night.

I had it checked and it was discovered my drier was dirty and compressor oil blackens. I opted for a external drier washed my condenser and radiator, changed my compressor oil. I was told my fan speed is too low and I had to put a Relay on it to make it go faster. Everything worked fine afterwards but about a week later I was driving in the morning and it chilled fine but suddenly went hot after about 3hours.
What’s likely to be the problem? It’s really stressing me.

Thanks
Re: Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings by Peppermintflav: 11:38pm On Jan 07, 2021
Abestos:
[color=#000099][/color]

Good day bosses. Please I use a ‘09 Hyundai Elantra and I’ve been having repeated AC issues. I once changed valve and my AC worked for about 2weeks fine then we’re back to the same problem of cooling at morning and night.

I had it checked and it was discovered my drier was dirty and compressor oil blackens. I opted for a external drier washed my condenser and radiator, changed my compressor oil. I was told my fan speed is too low and I had to put a Relay on it to make it go faster. Everything worked fine afterwards but about a week later I was driving in the morning and it chilled fine but suddenly went hot after about 3hours.
What’s likely to be the problem? It’s really stressing me.

Thanks
It seems your compressor has suffered black death. You said you washed the condenser and radiator, I assume you washed just the outside... Black death contaminates the whole system. You need to change your compressor, condenser, dryer, then flush your Evaporator and the lines. It might sound expensive but that's the way to do it right. Take it to a sound AC tech, he will advice you further.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traffic Offences In Lagos State According To Lastma / How To Protect Your Car’s Interior / Nigeria Assembles 10,673 Vehicles In One Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.