Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? (5823 Views)

Please Strong Christians What's The Meaning Of This Dream / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

My friend, to be really honest with you, I am surrounded by Jesus enslaved people. I feel great pity for them. All I see are fear and conflicts in their minds and souls, not to mention the vulnerability to manipulation and exploitation.
Tufiakwa is what I always say to myself.

The slaveship Jesus is an evil Yolk, especially for the blackman.
no sir, thats not Jesus, jesus brings peace and boldness and love. He is truth sir. Truth sets free. The devil comes to steal, kill, destroy. Jesus brings real life, abundant life. He said it himself. You see sir, satan is trickish. But God is love. His love reaches out to you even now. Thats why I pray, thats why i spend my time and speak the real message with all sincerity of heart. You have to know Jesus sir. Give him a chance in your life. This is how he works. He sets men free. From sin. He brings men life, not condemnation.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:05pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Ok i get it. Now do you really believe a man can die for your sins?

I do.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Ok i get it. Now do you really believe a man can die for your sins?

Do you believe you don't learn sin?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

I do.

Since you do,and you believe he has paid the price for your sins, why is it possible for you to go to hell? I mean, is God ready to take double payment? Or has he forgoten the sins have been paid for?

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pardon my poor understanding of English, but if Jesus said that he came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it, does fulfill, in this context, not mean to validate the law, to obey the law, to uphold the law?

Then from where does bro Goshen know that the 10 commandments are null and void?

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

Since you do,and you believe he has paid the price for your sins, why is it possible for you to go to hell? I mean, is God ready to take double payment? Or has he forgoten the sins have been paid for?

Its not possible for me to go to hell since i have met God's standard, i became born-again when i accepted christ sincerly into my life.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

hell is not for you my friend. Men go to hell when they reject God, and his salvation from sin. In hell, they are seperated from God, and they pay the penalty for rejecting jesus, they pay for their sins.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Do you believe you don't learn sin?

I do not believe in the word sin to be honest. Sin is meant for those who believe and accept it. If the gas company sends me a bill i did not owe,i will simply phone them up to explain how i owed them. Dept can only be paid if the the alleged debtor accepts the debt.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: no sir, thats not Jesus, jesus brings peace and boldness and love. He is truth sir. Truth sets free. The devil comes to steal, kill, destroy. Jesus brings real life, abundant life. He said it himself. You see sir, satan is trickish. But God is love. His love reaches out to you even now. Thats why I pray, thats why i spend my time and speak the real message with all sincerity of heart. You have to know Jesus sir. Give him a chance in your life. This is how he works. He sets men free. From sin. He brings men life, not condemnation.
Good weed can do all of the above and even more.
Opium , even better. grin
Who needs to put faith in a long dead Palestinian?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

Its not possible for me to go to hell since i have met God's standard, i became born-again when i accepted christ sincerly into my life.

God has a standard? What are his standards? You mind elaborating pls?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: Pardon my poor understanding of English, but if Jesus said that he came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it, does fulfill, in this context, not mean to validate the law, to obey the law, to uphold the law?

Then from where does bro Goshen know that the 10 commandments are null and void?

1).He fulfilled it by being the perfect sacrifice for our sins, what the OT was directed at

2). Love God with all your heart, love your neigbour as your self, this is the way we christians fulfill the law.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: Pardon my poor understanding of English, but if Jesus said that he came not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it, does fulfill, in this context, not mean to validate the law, to obey the law, to uphold the law?

no sir. He came to fulfill, to complete. By his sacrifice, men can live above the curse of the law, as they trust continually in Gods power to keep from sin through love and grace. They trust in christ. Its a change of nature and disposition sir. Its about the power of God.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:15pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

God has a standard? What is his standard ? You mind elaborating pls?

John 3:3, Heb 12:14, being born again(transformed into a new creature of holiness) is that standard
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

1).He fulfilled it by being the perfect sacrifice for our sins.

2). Love God with all your heart, love your neigbour as your self, this is the way we christians fulfill the law.
How d does fulfiling the law equate to abrogating the law?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
Good weed can do all of the above and even more.
Opium , even better.
Who needs to put faith in a long dead Palestinian?
he's alive.
Why do you reject God?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 10:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

What?
Did you just say that yahweh did not give the ten commandments
This is even more serious than I thought.
why don't be patient and read, God gave more than 10 commandments, but only 10 were recorded on the tablet stone, pls take time out and read Exodus 19. The 10 commandments is null & void because it has been fulfilled, it those not carry any weight today again.
@plaetton pls we have answered ur question as regards to the thread and I shown ample of prove from the scriptures. Pls do the honourable thing, accept ur question has been answered then the thread can to whatever direction u so wish.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

John 3:3, Heb 12:14, being born again(transformed into a new creature of holiness) is that standard
So as soon as anyone claims born again, case closed?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

As you can see, i do not recognise the bible as a word of God. So you really need to dig deep and explain. No point quoting! No point taking a Barclays bank cheque to union bank,it will bounce.So pls pay in cash! All i need is a concrete explanation.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
How d does fulfiling the law equate to abrogating the law?

Take time to read next time.

I said we as christians fulfil the law by loving our neigbour as ourselves (gal 5:14), this establishes the law of old
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

As you can see, i do not recognise the bible as a word of God. So you really need to dig deep and explain. No point quoting! No point taking a Barclays bank cheque to union bank,it will bounce.So pls pay in cash! All i need is a concrete explanation.

Φƙα̲̅ψ so what is confusing you?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

Not claim but being born-again 2 corinth 5:17

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2013
noblefada:
why don't be patient and read, God gave more than 10 commandments, but only 10 were recorded on the tablet stone, pls take time out and read Exodus 19. The 10 commandments is null & void because it has been fulfilled, it those not carry any weight today again.
@plaetton pls we have answered ur question as regards to the thread and I shown ample of prove from the scriptures. Pls do the honourable thing, accept ur question has been answered then the thread can to whatever direction u so wish.
my thread was about the 4th commanment. Do not conflate it with any other nebulous laws.
4th commandment.
You tried to sell a whopper that yahweh did not give the 10 commandments.
I want u to please elaborate on that.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Judas2013: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
haibe:

Φƙα̲̅ψ so what is confusing you?

You said God has standard right? I asked you what those standards are?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
its not just a claim you see. One is under the bondage of sin and the continual breakage of the law, a dead end, without a change of nature. Human nature tends to selfishness, pride and sin. Once one believes and is born from above, his nature is changed. He has no obligation to live according to the flesh. He becomes the righteousness of God and is able to live rightly before God, above sin. But its a life. Life is a continual process. You continually live in Gods life and love and word by his power, you're transformed.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
None of you have shown anywhere that Jesus proclaimed the 10 commandments null and void. You are clutching at every available straw to keep your lies afloat.
Show me where Jesus said so. Simple.
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by haibe(m): 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

You said God has standard right? I asked you what those standards are?

The standard is to become born-again or let me say believe in Jesus, this brings about holiness of life as long as you aren't deceiving yourself
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
Judas2013:

I do not believe in the word sin to be honest. Sin is meant for those who believe and accept it. If the gas company sends me a bill i did not owe,i will simply phone them up to explain how i owed them. Dept can only be paid if the the alleged debtor accepts the debt.

So,.say if you kill someone now, for instance, you don't believe that's a sin?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: None of you have shown anywhere that Jesus proclaimed the 10 commandments null and void. You are clutching at every available straw to keep your lies afloat.
i never said the ten commandments were null and void, i said they are fulfilled, completed. I showed you matthew 5:17 and other scripture. What are you waiting for? It will take a spiritual man to really understand these truths. Where are the lies?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by Goshen360(m): 10:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: None of you have shown anywhere that Jesus proclaimed the 10 commandments null and void. You are clutching at every available straw to keep your lies afloat.

If I show you, will you believe our testimony and end this thread? I'm willing to show you!!!
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
Why should I ignore the plain English words of scripture to rely on your blind faith interpretations?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by plaetton: 10:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: i never said the ten commandments were null and void, i said they are fulfilled, completed. I showed you matthew 5:17 and other scripture. What are you waiting for? It will take a spiritual man to really understand these truths. Where are the lies?
You mean it expired?
Re: Christians, What Happened To The 4th Commandment? by noblefada: 10:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
@plaetton for 3rd time Mat 5:17-18, Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
And the fulfilling of #4 was salvation in Christ Heb 4:1-end. Have answered ur question?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

An Invitation To A Theological Discuss On One Corinthians Chapter Four / Pope Francis Gives Illuminati Hand Signs Before Addressing Congress(pix) / Rewards Of Righteousness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.