Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,375 members, 7,910,891 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 07:26 PM

Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? (14711 Views)

Is Abortion Murder? / How Your Personality Is Shaped By Your Month Of Birth / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by EveryLadY(f): 12:29pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kanwulia: Both! kiss

There are ELECTIVE ABORTIONS aka D&Cs aka ACT OF MAN/WOMAN!!!! kiss

There are SPONTANEOUS ABORTIONS aka MISCARRIAGES aka ACTS OF GOD!!!! kiss

Yup!!! We can't justify both! grin

In his own image and likeness! God kills. . . so do humans and animals! kiss

Jesus was killed by PROPHESY aka GOD!!!!

I love RELIGIOUS HIPPOS and PIPPOS!!!! cheesy

Much ado about a PHOCKING blob of 'unwanted blood clots'!!! kiss

Mtcheeeeew!!!!

oh pls! why was there difference in name Abortion/miscarriage? why was it not abortioncarriage?
people and their screwed reasoning. Abortion is murder. Miscarriage is beyond u.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Kairoseki77:

The church tap dances.

Science is without sentiments.
a beg tell am
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Lilimax(f): 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion is murder sad.
Period!

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by point5: 12:31pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion is means of commitin murder n commitin murda is sin..period
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
belabela:

You destroy a life because you think is unwanted. Will it be justified to kill you because you are considered unwanted? You are just as innocent as bokoharam

Such thinking as yours is the foundation of eugenics, the origin of racism ( which of course many do not know that it defines that some people are more human than the others....superior races and inferior ones) and the basis of the second world war.

Watch this video and answer if abortion is still birth control
[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y2KsU_dhwI

No Belabela, be objective. Same way if Hitler had been aborted, the Holocaust wouldn't have happened. Because his mother didn't abort him, over 6 million Jews and many of other nationalities involved in World war 2 were MURDERED. Read again about Hitler. And Osama. Those should have been unwanted!

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by S2kluv: 12:33pm On Sep 20, 2013
MAYOWAAK: The misconceptions around abortion need deconstruction. First is that women who seek abortion are promiscuous. Aside the subjectivity of the term “promiscuous,” studies show many married women seek abortion, too. Second is that children are generally a blessing. Well, not in all cases especially if we go by Nigeria’s 52,000 annual incidence of maternal mortality. Third, all children come from God and deserve to be born. Not at all children are a biological reaction; God does not make them, regardless of what miracle preachers say. Children are born because people have sex. And to those who make the banal argument of if-your-parents-did-not-give-birth-to-you-would-you-be-here, I ask in return, “Since your birth, what good have you done the planet?”

One thing conservatives should note is this: most women would rather avoid abortion altogether. I once attended a conference where a doctor who runs an abortion clinic read from the logbook her patrons filled after the process. It was agonising to listen. The women, one could tell, suffered guilty consciences. If the conservatives add to this the economics of abortion, they will get a picture of what the decision is really like for women who have to procure it. Others who trump up the argument of infanticide need to understand that matters of sex have many grey areas and there cannot be an umbrella definition of virtue to cover everyone sufficiently.

Issues around abortion are tense everywhere, even in the so-called liberal societies. Nevertheless, countries legalise the practice for pragmatic purposes as women who want an abortion will procure it regardless of risk to their health and, even, life. For all it’s worth, such women deserve support, legal and social.

Abortion legalisation does not mean women would start trooping to hospitals through the front door. Abortion is hugely stigmatising in many societies and the impact of this law will only be marginal for a while. The poor and working-class women will most likely continue patronising quacks. It will take time before society fully reconciles itself to certain realities.

Those who use religious precepts to counter arguments on abortion should understand that not all women are religious; some of us don’t want our choices decided by the injunctions in someone else’s religion. I am a non-theist; there is no rationale why my choices should be regulated by Roman Catholic principles. There are even multiple studies that show that on issues like contraceptives, Catholics are already ahead of the Vatican dictates, so why not let us be realistic?

The culturalist position on the issue is not more tenable either. Culture is not immutable; otherwise Nigerians would still be killing twins. And let’s not get started on the myth of superior African values. Cultural values are relative and Africans have no more mores that trump other places in the world where abortion is legalised. That we are more pretentious or too coy to deal with certain subjects is not superiority.

Let’s note: Abortion is never compulsory, either for the doctor or the woman involved. It is an alternative for those who exhaust their options. Nobody should therefore use their influence on political institutions to impose their position on everyone (otherwise, why resist Boko Haram?) That Imo State is Catholic-dominated does not make it a religious state. Okorocha should allow this law as a test of strength and virtues of those who preach love and tolerance on Sunday but live otherwise during the week.

Finally, I want to preempt those who will ask if I have any value for life at all. The answer is yes, I do. But I am also a realist so like Bill Clinton, I believe abortion should be safe, legal and rare. What our conservatives should debate is “rare,” not total suppression. It is delusional to assume people will always want every child when we know that mistakes do happen; people miscalculate. Nature itself is inconsistent and so folks find themselves with children they do not want.

When that happens, every woman should be left to consult her conscience and arrive at her own decision. Not everyone woman will choose an abortion anyway. The Igbo have a saying, “Egbe belu, ugo belu.” It roughly translates as live and let live. I read that in Chinua Achebe’s book.

ADELAKUN ADUNNI ABIMBOLA
Haba!!! Jst because of simple question.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by jmoore(m): 12:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortionists are terrorists that kill unborn babies.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Lilimax(f): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
jmoore: Abortionists are terrorists that kill unborn babies.
100 Likes
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by agehero13(f): 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
Its is not murder if the pregnancy is still at the ovum or geminal stage(2wks) but if its at the embryonic stage(more than 2wks) then its murder

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by nuges1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion in whatever form is murder,lets not paint it.We should detest such barbaric believe and embrace God for when u embrace God all this things would not come to us as good!
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2013
mollytinrox:

No Belabela, be objective. Same way if Hitler had been aborted, the Holocaust wouldn't have happened. Because his mother didn't abort him, over 6 million Jews and many of other nationalities involved in World war 2 were MURDERED. Read again about Hitler. And Osama. Those should have been unwanted!

There is a guy called Bill Gates, another called Henry Kissinger....sure you know them?...they think you should be killed because you are unwanted...you are an excess to surplus and one of the problems of population explosion. Is that right?

You seem not to even see the plight of the super rich of our modern word ( which some people call Illuminati) it is population reduction.

Step 1: brainwash the people that it is moral to kill ( e.g via abortion, war )
Step 2: Kill of the brainwashed population and retain the superior humans
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion is murder.

Birth control involving contraception is to prevent pregnancy.

Abortion is terminating a pregnancy.

You don't take what you cannot give.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by AbuMikey(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
agehero13: Its is not murder if the pregnancy is still at the ovum or geminal stage(2wks) but if its at the embryonic stage(more than 2wks) then its murder
Case Settled!! cool
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
kennygee: Abortion is a sin depending on the Intent. If two married people didn't plan for it and it happened or if it poses a risk for the mother then it is ok. It is not ok for a single unrepentant and slutty young lady to use abortion as an easy way out, it is a sin. Fornication is already a sin, to add Murder to it is another sin, but if a young lady gets pregant out of wedlock, she should keep the pregnancy unless it puts her at risk.

Hi Kenny,

While I like your passion for this topic, I'd like to disagree with you. First, not all young unwed mothers are/were slutty. Some were raped and unfortunately, conceived.

Let's look at the legal definition of murder, and ask why a man who hit another who was trying to cross will be held for manslaughter, a lesser charge. seriously, if abortion is legalised, it would save alot of women who already have eleven kids and die in childbirth while bringing forth the twelfth; they could have stopped at the third!

Men who keep shouting that it is murder should calm down o, they are the ones who want to do skin to skin, who don't like to withdraw. When it becomes a zygote, they want nothing to do with it. And yet they come here to cry murder. What shall we do with you people grin

P.S. Lovely name

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 20, 2013
It depend on d angle u r seeing it from. Religion=yes
Atheist=nope
Science=nope
Married women=nope(whether religious or not)
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by BabaAlabi: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
If a seed is put in the ground and removed two weeks later...have you uprooted a tree? Will you say that seed is a tree? At a certain stage a zygote/ embryo is not a baby...so abortion is not murder in some cases

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2013
belabela:

There is a guy called Bill Gates, another called Henry Kissinger....sure you know them?...they think you should be killed because you are unwanted...you are an excess to surplus and one of the problems of population explosion. Is that right?

You seem not to even see the plight of the super rich of our modern word ( which some people call Illuminati) it is population reduction.

Step 1: brainwash the people that it is moral to kill ( e.g via abortion, war )
Step 2: Kill of the brainwashed population and retain the superior humans

No, Belabela. That's not what this is about. Its not about Gates and Kissinger. Its if what we have left on earth will sustain our progenies if we continue to multiply at this rate.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
yellowpawpaw: It depend on d angle u r seeing it from. Religion=yes
Atheist=nope
Science=nope

which one do you belong?

When it comes to topics like this, I shift from being a liberal to a conservative.

Abortion is murder.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
mollytinrox:

No, Belabela. That's not what this is about. Its not about Gates and Kissinger. Its if what we have left on earth will sustain our progenies if we continue to multiply at this rate.

Ok I understand your thinking...then may I ask you will you volunteer to kill yourself so that we can at least reduce the population by one?
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
yellowpawpaw: It depend on d angle u r seeing it from. Religion=yes
Atheist=nope
Science=nope
Thanks ma. I always like your explicit answers.
Since when did religion become the answer. It didn't bring the much needed answer to world peace, and it won't do justice to the problem of overpopulation.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by jmoore(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2013
1-"It is just a mass of tissue", Rubbish!! The heart starts to beat two to four weeks after conception. The tiny brain is already generating brain waves after 7 weeks. By the second month (when most abortions take place) the arms, legs, fingers, toes, ears, nose, mouth, muscles, organs, and bones are either formed or close to finish.

2-"It isn't fully developed" statement made out of ignorance .
Neither is a three-year-old. A human is not fully developed until the late teens to early twenties, and even afterwards matures in different ways. Can the stage of development really define what the being is? Is an adult more human than a child or merely more developed? A woman who had difficulty in her pregnancy in its fourth month was operated upon and the baby was kept in an intensive unit till the baby gets matured enough. Is the baby human or not?

3-"it isn't conscious?" another statement made out of ignorance
Can consciousness be a universal human trait? If so, would a sleeping or anesthetized or comatose person be considered "non-human" because of his or her lack of consciousness?

4-"it's inside the womb not yet out" That's one of the dumbest statement I heard
The location of an individual determines whether or not it is a human being? A baby the moment before birth is not human, but immediately after birth becomes human? How? Why? What is the child when it’s half-way out, half-human?

5-"it's part of the woman's body, therefore the woman have the right to remove it(kill it)"
The hands are the mother’s? The heart? The brain? Taking that argument to its logical conclusion, (via the transitive relationship where if A is a part of B, and B is a part of C, then A is a part of C) a pregnant woman then has four hands, four feet, two brains, and, if the fetus is a boy, the woman has both male and female genitals. Perhaps you can see how illogical this argument is. Moreover, the fetus has its own unique genetic code in each of its cells; not the mother’s code, not the father’s code—its own human genetic code. The fetus is in the mother, attached to the mother, but not part of the mother.

6-It is alive
It’s growing. It’s developing. It’s responding. It’s functioning. It’s burning food and oxygen. It’s giving off waste products. Its cells are reproducing. These are properties of a living being. It is a Life.

The fetus is only a human being and is just as prone as a child or adult to have an accident, develop a disease, or suffer an iatrogenic problem"

A pre-born baby is human from the moment of conception. What we see in the photograph expresses that understanding better than a thousand words.
The photo depicts a 21-week-old pre-born baby, who was being operated on by a surgeon named Joseph Bruner (It is his finger in the photo). The baby had been diagnosed with spina bifida, which leaves the spinal cord exposed after it fails to develop properly.

A Caesarean section was then performed to lift the uterus gently from mother's body, permitting the surgeon to make a small incision through which the operation would be performed. Then, it happened! As Dr. Bruner was probing the opening, the baby's fully-developed hand wrapped itself around the finger of the surgeon. The photograph ( http://www.angelfire.com/wy/Aware/Samuel.html )captures that amazing moment with perfect clarity.

3 Likes

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by BabaAlabi: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
If a young girl who is about 19 years becomes pregnant, she says she wants to keep the baby because society believes abortion is wrong...she has no money, hey boyfriend denied the baby and her family rejects her for being a slut...tell me what kind of world that foetus is gonna come in to? What kind of environment? Many hypocrites shouting abortion is murder no matter what, how many motherless baby homes have you donated to? That armed robber that robbed you and raped your wife all in the belief that life has been unfair to him because his mother abandoned him in a filthy toilet, did you welcome him and thank him for raping your wife? How have you supported the welfare of the orphanages?
Bloody Nigerian hypocrites with 15th century mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 20, 2013
belabela:

Ok I understand your thinking...then may I ask you will you volunteer to kill yourself so that we can at least reduce the population by one?
You're not one to reason with, I can see. Objectively point out why abortion is murder. No Bible verse, no Koranic verse, nothing your grandmother told you. And don't tell me about Illuminati. The only body that openly speaks about abortion is the catholic church and WHO.

Be reasonable, and give me facts. I don't know who we got to surrendering ourselves for killings in this discussion.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
mollytinrox:
You're not one to reason with, I can see. Objectively point out why abortion is murder. No Bible verse, no Koranic verse, nothing your grandmother told you. And don't tell me about Illuminati. The only body that openly speaks about abortion is the catholic church and WHO.

Be reasonable, and give me facts. I don't know who we got to surrendering ourselves for killings in this discussion.

What is in the womb?....a baby of a thing that can be removed at will?

You want to destroy a life but you treasure yours.... isn't that what you call reasonable?
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by ecnuel: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
adegeorge: Not long ago, President Goodluck Jonathan said there is a law under way to cut down the number of children Nigerian will give birth to. According to the President, the legislation is intended to regulate the nation’s ever increasing population. Incredible, isn’t it?

http://ipledge2nigeria.com/index.php/blogs/entry/abortion-murder-or-a-means-of-birth-control.html

Though I can't find any correlation between the heading and your question, I still want to state the obvious that the answer is YES. ABORTION IS A MEANS OF BIRTH CONTROL USING MURDER.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Ifems(m): 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
ifyalways: Abortion is a means of birth control,IMO. If "its" unwanted,unloved and unplanned for,let it go.
I knew it is only the ladies that will disagree that it is murder.I wonder why one would say that abortion is not murder.You said when it is unplanned abi?Let me ask,Did you not plan for it when the guy was toasting you?When he started washing your head,from you're looking good today TO going on a date TO what is your likes TO the movies you like TO how you spent your last vacation TO the type of friends you keep TO smooshing TO kissing TO taking off the clothes TO the taking away the inner wear and TO the final act?Did you not know that there is something called protection?...It pisses me off when we use flimsy and silly excuses to define our actions.
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by Carl007: 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
For the so called intellectuals that know so much about abortion,let common sense prevail:a woman goes to a doctor and gets her pregnancy dealt with,they call it birth control. Same woman was mistakenly given a drug by a doctor that affected the fetus,doctor is sued for murder/attempted murder. Who is deceiving who?

3 Likes

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by MissOpe(f): 12:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
lucenzo: Abortion is murder.

Birth control involving contraception is to prevent pregnancy.

Abortion is terminating a pregnancy.

You don't take what you cannot give.
If contraception helps to prevent pregnancy....then you've prevented a potential baby from coming to life....in orders words you've murdered dat child...ALL NA MURDER............WHO AGREES WITH ME ON THIS?

2 Likes

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by BabaAlabi: 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2013
Ifems: I knew it is only the ladies that will disagree that it is murder.I wonder why one would say that abortion is not murder.You said when it is unplanned abi?Let me ask,Did you not plan for it when the guy was toasting you?When he started washing your head,from you're looking good today TO going on a date TO what is your likes TO the movies you like TO how you spent your last vacation TO the type of friends you keep TO smooshing TO kissing TO taking off the clothes TO the taking away the inner wear and TO the final act?Did you not know that there is something called protection?...It pisses me off when we use flimsy and silly excuses to define our actions.
A woman who was raped nko? A mother whose life is gonna be endangered if she becomes pregnant? A baby who is a sickler nko?
Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by BabaAlabi: 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Miss Ope:
If contraception helps to prevent pregnancy....then you've prevented a potential baby from coming to life....in orders words you've murdered dat child...ALL NA MURDER............WHO AGREES WITH ME ON THIS?
Someone should give this lady a diamond ring ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Abortion: Murder Or A Means Of Birth Control? by ITbomb(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Abortion is not murder.
Not every living thing you kill is murder , you can't say you murder a cow.
A foetus that does not have a soul is not a human being so killing it is not murder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

urg / How To Counsel A 5 Year Old Girl / Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.