Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,143 members, 7,880,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:33 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (1054) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3544067 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) ... (1586) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2019
thaddeus12:

Uploading softcopy is not applicable to PG student . U will graduate immediately u project result comes in after moderation/defense. They will paste the list of graduating student in ur centre or in sch portal

Take that at your own peril. Uploading is compulsory weather UG or PG. It is a criteria before your project can be submitted for moderation by your study Centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by geodemainguy(m): 11:04am On Jul 11, 2019
thaddeus12:

Uploading softcopy is not applicable to PG student . U will graduate immediately u project result comes in after moderation/defense. They will paste the list of graduating student in ur centre or in sch portal
Thank you boss.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by geodemainguy(m): 11:05am On Jul 11, 2019
Enskynelson:

Take that at your own peril. Uploading is compulsory weather UG or PG. It is a criteria before your project can be submitted for moderation by your study Centre.
Have submitted the soft copy to the school, and also uploaded online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 11, 2019
Pls I want to know if passing research method is a criteria for writing project for PGD bus admin.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aojully: 1:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
Pls i want to know if the FORM for 2019/2020 is avail. somebody help me out.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
Iyamarun:
Pls I want to know if passing research method is a criteria for writing project for PGD bus admin.

YES
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
aojully:
YES...ADMISSION FORM IS STILL ON

http://nou.edu.ng/programmes

http://nou.edu.ng/page/how-to-apply
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2019
Quick Reminder To All Students

It is advisable to keep record of the mail sent to you from REMITA for the purpose of "wallet funding" at the bank plus other important documents you might be required to present for verification on successful completion of your programme in National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).

However, if you have inaccessible email registered with NOUN last semester, there is a chance of changing it while you are preparing to register for the fresh semester.

Remember, record keeping is among the habits of a wise and independent learner. You can't be taught everything you need in class. Not even the secrets to become a millionaire!

......have a wonderful noon!

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mamatwiny(f): 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2019
Hi all
I just got my admission number today and also registered in the portal.
I guess the next step is loading of wallet and registration.

I didn't see the courses I will take this semester. Will I see it after registration?

Also, will we join ppl in the same dept to offer this second semester course, or we will be given first semester course to take?

Please someone should help me with summary of what do as I don't want to be running from pillar to post like some ppl that didn't register their courses last year.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by mamatwiny(f): 5:53pm On Jul 11, 2019
Note- I saw many pg students in regret today . Their grades changed from d, e to f. I heard you must now score 50 which is c to pass any course.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
Barbieadol:
What practical is this and does it affect all levels? I'm a new student. Please enlighten me Sir

HANDS-ON PRACTICAL SESSIONS, 2019

In line with Science practice worldwide and senate directives, Faculty of Sciences is incorporating science practical as compulsory for all students taking science courses. Considering that laboratory practical is an integral part of science courses, student’s grade in hands-on practical shall constitute 15% of the TMA. Therefore, as you register for science courses in your different programmes listed below: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Mathematics & Computer and Physics, endeavor to go to the nearest practical centre to your study centre for your hands-on practical experience. There are six practical centres throughout Nigeria, one in each geopolitical zone as shown below: All practical registrations close by 4th August, 2019 to enable groupings to be made and practical materials distributed to the centres. Practical sessions shall hold Monday to Saturday, 8.00am to 6.00pm in three sessions daily. The 3rd session (i.e to pm) is to accommodate working class students who would need to be at work in the morning. The Saturday is particularly meant for those outside the state of the practical centre but within the same geopolitical zone. All students must come with their Laboratory coat (NO EXCUSE WILL BE CONSIDERED)

2019_2 SCIENCE PRACTICAL EXERCISE INFORMATION

➡Mondays: BIO191 / Computer Science

➡Tuesdays: PHY191/Mathematics/Environmental Science

➡Wednesdays: CHM191 /Computer Science

➡Thursdays: BIO192/ Computer Science/Environmental Science

➡Fridays: PHY192 / Environmental Science/Mathematics

➡Saturday: CHM192 /Mathematics/Computer Science
On each day, three sessions are held as follows:
i. First session; 9.00am to 12noon
ii. Second session; 12.30pm to 3.30pm
iii. Third session; 3.45pm - 6.45pm

Students are to note that:
i.The practical sessions will be strictly as scheduled. Students who come at other times will not be allowed to take classes.

ii. A standard student practical book is required from each student to record observations and reports.

iii. Each student should ensure that he/she come with a white long sleeve laboratory coat, three-quarter length.

NOTE:↘
Strict adherence to the above is mandatory to guarantee success. Students should note that practical examination shall be taken at the end of the exercise.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Prof. Monioluwa O. Olaniyi Dean, Faculty of Sciences

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 6:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
mamatwiny:
Hi all
I guess the next step is loading of wallet and registration. CONGRATS smiley

I didn't see the courses I will take this semester. Will I see it after registration? WHICH OF THE PROGRAMME DID YOU APPLY FOR ??

Also, will we join ppl in the same dept to offer this second semester course, or we will be given first semester course to take? BEEN A FRESHMAN YOU ARE TO REGISTER FIRST SEMESTER COURSES.

Please someone should help me with summary of what do as I don't want to be running from pillar to post like some ppl that didn't register their courses last year.

FOR FURTHER CLARIFICATION YOU CAN CHAT ME ON WHATSAPP..

MISHA CARES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thaddeus12(m): 6:42pm On Jul 11, 2019
Enskynelson:

My friend am telling u from experience the upload is for ug. I submitted soft binding copy for my friend last time now they have invited him for defense on 22 of this month at uyo center there they will score him .The coordinator told me that the online upload is compulsory for ug students. Meanwhile the upload is for them to have project works in their project databank incase they want to publish an article.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AkataYeriYeri: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
I’ve been seeing people upload funny results in a WhatsApp group I belong . Especially those that did POP exams .
I’ve been wondering if this is how POP results always bad??
I’ve heard someone say it before that it’s easier to have good grades in POP than EExam .
Someone please tell me something
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AoA777: 7:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
mamatwiny:
Hi all
I guess the next step is loading of wallet and registration.

I didn't see the courses I will take this semester. Will I see it after registration?

Also, will we join ppl in the same dept to offer this second semester course, or we will be given first semester course to take?

After paying semester registration fee, then you can register for courses i.e. course registration and finally register for exams i.e exams registration. You will see the courses to register after the semester registration.

You will register first semester courses if you are a new student.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 11, 2019
thaddeus12:

My friend am telling u from experience the upload is for ug. I submitted soft binding copy for my friend last time now they have invited him for defense on 22 of this month at uyo center there they will score him .The coordinator told me that the online upload is compulsory for ug students. Meanwhile the upload is for them to have project works in their project databank incase they want to publish an article.
will d UG students wu upload their projects be invited to defend them or is the project defence just for PG .
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2019
thaddeus12:

Uploading of the projects only started in the past 2019/1 semester. If you submitted your projects with the soft copy, the study Centre uploads it without telling you. Cos I am quite sure of what I am saying as well.
Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
aojully:
Yes, it's available
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
badboymase:
will d UG students wu upload their projects be invited to defend them or is the project defence just for PG .
Project defense for now is for only for some PG students.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:38pm On Jul 11, 2019
Only God can judge Noun with what they released as results. Its terrible everywhere
AkataYeriYeri:
I’ve been seeing people upload funny results in a WhatsApp group I belong . Especially those that did POP exams .
I’ve been wondering if this is how POP results always bad??
I’ve heard someone say it before that it’s easier to have good grades in POP than EExam .
Someone please tell me something

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2019
I have received my 5k refund from NOUN

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 12, 2019
Enskynelson:
Project defense for now is for only for some PG students.
ok thanx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 1:33am On Jul 12, 2019
Anthonyo15:

HANDS-ON PRACTICAL SESSIONS, 2019

In line with Science practice worldwide and senate directives, Faculty of Sciences is incorporating science practical as compulsory for all students taking science courses. Considering that laboratory practical is an integral part of science courses, student’s grade in hands-on practical shall constitute 15% of the TMA. Therefore, as you register for science courses in your different programmes listed below: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Mathematics & Computer and Physics, endeavor to go to the nearest practical centre to your study centre for your hands-on practical experience. There are six practical centres throughout Nigeria, one in each geopolitical zone as shown below: All practical registrations close by 4th August, 2019 to enable groupings to be made and practical materials distributed to the centres. Practical sessions shall hold Monday to Saturday, 8.00am to 6.00pm in three sessions daily. The 3rd session (i.e to pm) is to accommodate working class students who would need to be at work in the morning. The Saturday is particularly meant for those outside the state of the practical centre but within the same geopolitical zone. All students must come with their Laboratory coat (NO EXCUSE WILL BE CONSIDERED)

2019_2 SCIENCE PRACTICAL EXERCISE INFORMATION

➡Mondays: BIO191 / Computer Science

➡Tuesdays: PHY191/Mathematics/Environmental Science

➡Wednesdays: CHM191 /Computer Science

➡Thursdays: BIO192/ Computer Science/Environmental Science

➡Fridays: PHY192 / Environmental Science/Mathematics

➡Saturday: CHM192 /Mathematics/Computer Science
On each day, three sessions are held as follows:
i. First session; 9.00am to 12noon
ii. Second session; 12.30pm to 3.30pm
iii. Third session; 3.45pm - 6.45pm

Students are to note that:
i.The practical sessions will be strictly as scheduled. Students who come at other times will not be allowed to take classes.

ii. A standard student practical book is required from each student to record observations and reports.

iii. Each student should ensure that he/she come with a white long sleeve laboratory coat, three-quarter length.

NOTE:↘
Strict adherence to the above is mandatory to guarantee success. Students should note that practical examination shall be taken at the end of the exercise.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Prof. Monioluwa O. Olaniyi Dean, Faculty of Sciences

Thanks but the venues are missing in the notice.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Phiheywhy1: 7:38am On Jul 12, 2019
Yem0350:

Which date next week?

19th
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Phiheywhy1: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2019
Enskynelson:

You were supposed to take the soft copy of your project to your study Centre for upload. This has closed for the current batch. I hope you did so otherwise, no going for defense.

Am going for defense next week, pls where is the Lagos address of noun?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2019
UPDATE FOR THE CURRENT GRADUANDS

INFORMATION REACHING ME NOW THAT NOUN HAS STARTED REFUNDING CURRENT GRADUANDS WITH THE *N5,000* REFUNDABLE FEE OF CONVOCATION GOWN AS PROMISED BACK AT MARCH THIS YEAR, IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED YOURS, KINDLY EXERCISE PATIENCE.

1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Enskynelson(m): 9:34am On Jul 12, 2019
Phiheywhy1:

Am going for defense next week, pls where is the Lagos address of noun?

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2019
Enskynelson:

LAGOS STUDY CENTRE
ADDRESS:⬇

14/16 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by yunnyp(m): 10:52am On Jul 12, 2019
I've been trying to log into my portal but its not going despite the fact that today is for all Faculties.

any other means?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by aojully: 11:05am On Jul 12, 2019
Anthonyo15:

YES...ADMISSION FORM IS STILL ON

http://nou.edu.ng/programmes

http://nou.edu.ng/page/how-to-apply

I want to apply for Nursing but saw suspended. why pls?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2019
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by KvngEric: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2019
yunnyp:
I've been trying to log into my portal but its not going despite the fact that today is for all Faculties.

any other means?
We in d same boat. Still unable to login after registering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1051) (1052) (1053) (1054) (1055) (1056) (1057) ... (1586) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.