Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,682 members, 7,938,068 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 04:35 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3603116 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1593) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
Takoro13:
Is not illegal but you shld advice them for easy going and safety. And doing that may cause you some challenges when you are preparing for exams and is likely you face multiple papers in exam days

Can u go to ur study center students' counselor and expect or tell them u wanna do some second semester courses and they should be ticked for u for registration while u are in your first semester? If u can then it is legal...u can do it doesn't mean it is legal.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
June/july result for finalist is out at the SC. We are waiting for nov/ dec. God save me o! I want see my name on the list
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
Prinzoladimeji: SAVE YOUR STUDENTS FROM PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAUMAS.

The lofty dreams of the authorities of National Open University of Nigeria can come to fruition even in less years than projected. But this is not without a true dedication to service by the school.
Although the school has done so much in improving its image and academic standard, more still need to be done. NOUN students are thirsty of consoling and heartwarming information from the school to release themselves from their apprehension over many issues but they have been receiving no answers from the appropriate authority.
Students are like sheep without a shepherd. There is no direction, no purpose, no meaning, no hope and no sense of fulfilment among them. They wallow in doubt and uncertainty having no one to add spirit to their courageous move to achieve their life goals through NOUN.
It is my honest advice to the authorities of National Open University of Nigeria to save our ambitious students from psychological traumas by clearing the air through providing updates about certain key issues such as the latest tidbits about the Law School palaver, the NYSC mirage and other crucial information. I wish you the best.

U can get help and updates from ur students' counselor & director on concerns bothering u and others.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 3:29pm On Jan 09, 2014
ferdimako:

Can u go to ur study center students' counselor and expect or tell them u wanna do some second semester courses and they should be ticked for u for registration while u are in your first semester? If u can then it is legal...u can do it doesn't mean it is legal.
Less than 5 mins my wife came back from SC and she registered 2 second semesters courses with fisrt semestr. I do say what i know and practice
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Takoro13:
Less than 5 mins my wife came back from SC and she registered 2 second semesters courses with fisrt semestr. I do say what i know and practice

Look mate, I did 18 courses in Jan/Feb 2013 exams...my then students' counselor refused signing my exam slip-calling it cheating.I smuggled it again when he was busy with other students and he dedicated it and warned me seriously.I split d courses into two exam slips of 14 courses playing around 6 courses.Signed one and did d other myself looking at his signature.This is illegal especially when it involves too many courses.Two cld be overlooked but if u go to ur students' counselor for course registration ticking,they won't tick any second semester course when they know u r in first.

Jos SC is damn serious on this but some folks are smarter and stubborn.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by obrien28(m): 4:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
Takoro13:
You will have your admission letter immidiate you finish filling the form and you are admitted. The main issue is your o'level. Go to www.nou.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng for official infor and support it with posts on this forum
so if i just register for law into any centre any time, i wil b accepted in due time rite? And which center ar you in, which course?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 5:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
At fadii. I did that and some other students with me here did it last semester without any problem. And my wife did it last semester. One of my friends in road safety and some other respective students.
If as at then you want to be sincere enough you would not have registered 18 courses that is why i told xyou shld advice them not to be too rush.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 5:17pm On Jan 09, 2014
obrien28: so if i just register for law into any centre any time, i wil b accepted in due time rite? And which center ar you in, which course?
Yes! All centres are accountable to HQTR in lagos hence they are all equal in all respects. Am in Osun state.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jan 09, 2014
Takoro13: At fadii. I did that and some other students with me here did it last semester without any problem. And my wife did it last semester. One of my friends in road safety and some other respective students.
If as at then you want to be sincere enough you would not have registered 18 courses that is why i told xyou shld advice them not to be too rush.
I knew it was illegal and still did it. Anything that u can't openly do or not officially allowed to do is illegal.That is my position.

Let me worry on money for convocation.Check this at www.nou.edu.ng
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
VIPICO: Any students of the National Open University of Nigeria here? Let's meet and exchange experiences
Pls, pls nd pls, i need answers ASAP....i already bought d form 4rm Zenith bank yesterday, i obtained d pin, i av already signed up nd uploaded my passport today but when it got to d part where i should put in my course, i couldnt find economics, dnt u guys offer economics in noun? What should i fill in the grade part? Programme is 1st degree right? Pls, i really need help filling d form....any one who has answers should pls reply my post....thankz
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ellemuah:
Pls, pls nd pls, i need answers ASAP....i already bought d form 4rm Zenith bank yesterday, i obtained d pin, i av already signed up nd uploaded my passport today but when it got to d part where i should put in my course, i couldnt find economics, dnt u guys offer economics in noun

So u didn't check before buying d PIN...smh?

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Ejaay: 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2014
Pls house, must everyone graduating attend convocation ceremony?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ejaay: Pls house, must everyone graduating attend convocation ceremony?

Why not find out and on other things from ur SC? I'm going to mine tomor morning.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ellemuah:
Pls, pls nd pls, i need answers ASAP....i already bought d form 4rm Zenith bank yesterday, i obtained d pin, i av already signed up nd uploaded my passport today but when it got to d part where i should put in my course, i couldnt find economics, dnt u guys offer economics in noun? What should i fill in the grade part? Programme is 1st degree right? Pls, i really need help filling d form....any one who has answers should pls reply my post....thankz
the school is not offering economic, try to choose a related course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
ferdimako:

So u didn't check before buying d PIN...smh?
I asked on fb 4rm a guy who is in d skul nd he said yes, so aw would i know dey dnt? Was it not after i put d pin i saw dey dnt offer economics....beta dnt let ur head fall off
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
ceezonnifemi: the school is not offering economic, try to choose a related course
Fankz, follow back pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2014
Uhmm, pls, anyone who is familiar with d registration process should pls drop dere numbers here, fnkz
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 09, 2014
Ellemuah:
I asked on fb 4rm a guy who is in d skul nd he said yes, so aw would i know dey dnt? Was it not after i put d pin i saw dey dnt offer economics....beta dnt let ur head fall off

u need to locate him again on fb...anyway check www.noun.edu.ng and www.nou.edu.ng if u wld like another major.

NOUN has Accounting,Enterpreneurial & Business Management, etc
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 8:36pm On Jan 09, 2014
Use this link for latest on convocation. http://www.nou.edu.ng/announcements/covocation%202014.html
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 8:42pm On Jan 09, 2014
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR

The National Open University of Nigeria is pleased to announce its 3rd Convocation Ceremony holding on Friday, 17th and Saturday, 18th January, 2014 for the information of graduands, their parents, guardians, friends of the University and the general public.

PROGRAMME OF EVENTS

Friday, 17th January, 2014

Convocation Lecture by Professor Ibrahim A. Gambari CFR
Scholar - in - Residence
Lynn University, Florida, USA
Joint Special Representative, African Union-United
United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID)

Topic : “OPEN AND DISTANCE EDUCATION FOR DEVELOPMENT,
UNITY AND DEMOCRATIC TRANSFORMATION OF NIGERIA ”

Venue : Main Exhibition Hall II
National Theatre
Iganmu, Lagos

Time : 11:00 am.

Chairman: Professor Julius Okojie OON,
Executive Secretary
National Universities Commission
Aja Nwachukwu House, Maitama District
Federal Capital Territory, Abuja

Saturday, 18th January, 2014

Conferment of Certificates, Diplomas, Bachelors Degrees, Post-Graduate Diplomas, Masters, Honorary Degrees and Award of Prizes.

Venue : Main Exhibition Hall I & II
National Theatre
Iganmu, Lagos

Time : 10:00a.m.

Information To Graduands

A) All those who completed their degree programmes and have been found eligible to graduate are required to present the following for sighting at their Study Centres:

evidence of the payment of a fee of N10,000.00 for the use of Academic gowns payable at Skye Bank Account No. 1770364597
Duly completed Clearance form
evidence of payment of alumni fees (N5,000) payable at Skye Bank Account No. 1770364597
Evidence of payment for Regularisation of Admission fee

On Presentation of the listed documents, Academic Gowns for graduates in First degree programmes would be issued at the Study Centres. While those for Postgraduate programmes will be collected from the Headquarters. The same documents are required for the collection of hoods at the Headquarters from 13th January, 2014.

All graduands are required to pay the sum of one thousand Naira (N1,000.00) only for the convocation programme.

Note that the sum of seven thousand (N7,000.00) Naira would be refunded on the return of the gown in good condition.

B) Graduands should assemble at designated location(s) at the National Theatre, Saturday, 18th January, 2014 by 7.00 a.m. They must be fully robed and queue according to their Schools.

NOBODY, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE HALL, AFTER 9:15A.M.

C) Academic robes must be returned to the Headquarters,14/16 Ahmadu Bello Way, Lagos not later than Monday, 20 January, 2014 from 9:00a.m. Failure to return the gowns on the prescribed date shall attract a fine of N1, 000.00 per day.

D) Only accredited Photographers/Video Operators would be allowed to function during the Ceremony..

E) GRADUANDS ARE TO SIGN AND COLLECT THEIR CERTIFICATES IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE CEREMONY AT THE VENUE.

GRADUANDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONVOCATION VENUE BEFORE THE END OF THE CEREMONY. GRADUANDS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO COMPLY WITH THESE ARRANGEMENTS.

We congratulate all graduands and wish them journey mercies to and from their destinations.

Signed:
Josephine O. Akinyemi (Mrs.)FAUA
Registrar
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
jmoore: @ferdimako, how can a student owe NOUN? Please explain.

PM or chat me up privately on fb...I hav good news on my admission list but asked not to make it public yet because many folks didn't ....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 8:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
@ferdimako, I am on fb now.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 9:37pm On Jan 09, 2014
I KEEP ASKING THIS QUESTION because I GET DIFFERENT ANSWERS.
PLS MR TAKORO AND
MR FERMIDAKO AND OTHERS PLS I NEED YOU TO EXPLAIN TIS TO ME.
AV BEEN A STUDENT FOR A YEAR PLUS BUT I SLL AVNT FOUND SOLUTION TO THE FOLLOWING
IF I MISS AN EXAM I ALREADY REGISTERED FOR,CAN I JUST GO AND WRITE IT THE NEXT SEMESTER OR I HAVE TO REREGISTER IT BEFORE I WRITE IT.

ALSO I NEED SOME EXPLANATION ABOUT ELECTIVE COURSES .IF I DECIDE NOT TO REGISTER IT WILL THERE BE A PROBLEM

FINALLY I DONT UNDERSTAND MUCH ABOUT CREDIT LOAD
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 9:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
At kekekus. If you open your portal and you see those courses there then you re-register but if not go ahead and do your exams. You need to include atleast one elective at every semesters. Noun has no stipulated amount of electives but student's councellor close to me do advice as such. The last request is not clear please sythesis it so i can analys it. LOL! Ok the minimum require units is 120 and 90 for students enrol from 100 and 200 respectively.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by obrien28(m): 2:19am On Jan 10, 2014
plz i wud like to ask, what is the total fee of a fresher in Noun? Like course reg nd all tinz included. And do we also pay per year or by per semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 8:46am On Jan 10, 2014
Takoro13: At kekekus. If you open your portal and you see those courses there then you re-register but if not go ahead and do your exams. You need to include atleast one elective at every semesters. Noun has no stipulated amount of electives but student's councellor close to me do advice as such. The last request is not clear please sythesis it so i can analys it. LOL! Ok the minimum require units is 120 and 90 for students enrol from 100 and 200 respectively.
THANKS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Luckystar220: 9:55am On Jan 10, 2014
nid help i register in august hus but have not pay my school fees now that am with my school fees can da school allow me to start this january an if i start is it only the school fees dat i will pay,,pls answer hux,tanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Sijo01(f): 12:43pm On Jan 10, 2014
Greetings house! Please does anyone have or knows who has material for MPA 837 (Decision Making)?. The material is not on the courseware. Its needed urgently plz.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lilcutie8916(m): 2:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
Glossom: Pls, is there any communication tech. Student here? I nid help
whatz up
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
Luckystar220: nid help i register in august hus but have not pay my school fees now that am with my school fees can da school allow me to start this january an if i start is it only the school fees dat i will pay,,pls answer hux,tanks
Only your school fees
obrien28: plz i wud like to ask, what is the total fee of a fresher in Noun? Like course reg nd all tinz included. And do we also pay per year or by per semester?
2000 X no of courses
1000 X no of exams
Reg. Fees = 22,500
Id Card= 500
and others around 5k sha
do the maths urself.
We pay per semester
You can also join the whatsapp group if you have more questions
Drop ur number to be added!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
Congrats to all graduating students.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Prinzoladimeji(m): 3:04pm On Jan 10, 2014
donbrowser:
Only your school fees
2000 X no of courses
1000 X no of exams
Reg. Fees = 22,500
Id Card= 500
and others around 5k sha
do the maths urself.
We pay per semester
You can also join the whatsapp group if you have more questions
Drop ur number to be added!
add me 08060652527

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (1593) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.