Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,799 members, 7,879,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:22 PM

102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. (8049 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / El-Rufai Administers Polio Vaccine To His Son Today In Kaduna / Deadly Protest In Niger For Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2013
YES O!!

Present your yansh for injection or face jail time.. angry

Na so them go carry polio enter trailer from Ugwu Hausa come Lagos and Onitsha come dey beg people wey don collect Polio injection for money.. angry

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by kennyonthrone(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2013
Onyegecha: Why? This is injustice. They should stop forcing people to accept vaccination especially when there is a strong indication that there's more than meets the eye with these 'free, by force' gifts.
r u for real?
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by kutchs: 9:42am On Sep 18, 2013
Onyegecha: Why? This is injustice. They should stop forcing people to accept vaccination especially when there is a strong indication that there's more than meets the eye with these 'free, by force' gifts.
What a load of rubbish packed in one comment. Am sure you havent seen the effect of polio. Pls take a trip through Enugu-Onitsha highway and see for yourself..

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by 1MCN: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88: Are vaccinations mandatory? No one should be arrested for refusing a vaccine. As silly as I/we think the choice is, they have rights.
this is like asking if it's mandatory to (breast)feed, send a child to school or house and clothe the child. I can bet you recieved immunization and vaccination. I can also swear that you gave or wll give same to your own kids.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Lilimax(f): 9:43am On Sep 18, 2013
xelazoe: Ridiculous... You don't force anyone to receive vaccinations for their wards... It's a violation of their human right! You can argue the benefits of vaccination that it provides herd immunity , yet there are cases of the vaccine resulting in polio. If the Government is unable to convince them, then leave them alone! Na by force?
Shattapp! If your mum did not vaccinate you against polio, may be you would have been in a wheel chair due to disability shocked. Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2013
berem: Really? When the kids grow up and get infected with poliomyelitis, who's duty is it to take care of them? The same Government whom they refused to take vaccines from?

Stupid people are still people and they should have the right to say no. That's how it is here. Millions have declined vaccines because they believe it causes autism. When the child is sick, they're removed from school and the family takes care of them usually.

It's not even about vaccines. It's about refusing something you should have the right to refuse and being arrested for it. Who's to say which group of people is next?
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by thoth: 9:44am On Sep 18, 2013
Lilimax: Have you tried to find out the reason why they are rejecting the Polio vaccines sad.
You are saying this because your have you body complete and intact...?
Why are they endangering the lives of these innocent children to Pilo sad? They should be jailed angry
Polio is very deadly and abounds in the north. Little wonder we have lots of disabled children over there.
Polio vaccination as we were told helps in eradicating these disabilities caused by Polio virus.

Whatever is there reason is no concern of yours or mine, what is most important is that they expressed their right and they said NO, forcing vaccination on them when they have clearly voiced their stand on it is dehumanizing. There reason is not to be judged they have right to cite religious reasons, cultural beliefs or simply arbitrary volition to reject it with no reason other than that they don’t want it in their body.
It is their body and their children not yours. You can not tell others what they have to do with themselves and you applying force is barbaric.

When it comes to you then talk for yourself.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2013
Lilimax: Have you tried to find out the reason why they are rejecting the Polio vaccines sad.
You are saying this because your have you body complete and intact...?
Why are they endangering the lives of these innocent children to Pilo sad? They should be jailed angry
Polio is very deadly and abounds in the north. Little wonder we have lots of disabled children over there.
Polio vaccination as we were told helps in eradicating these disabilities caused by Polio virus.
im surprised dt d people commentin here hv a little knwledg of polio,
oga POLIO AFFECT D QUALITY OF LIFE OF AN INDIVIDUAL, BUT ITS NT DEADLY.....!!!!
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2013
1MCN: this is like asking if it's mandatory to (breast)feed, send a child to school or house and clothe the child. I can bet you recieved immunization and vaccination. I can also swear that you gave or wll give same to your own kids.

Of course I will, because I believe the benefits outweigh any consequences. Not everyone shares my belief though. While I disagree with them, I won't shove my beliefs down their throats.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Lilimax(f): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2013
Dr.ABCD:

im surprised dt d people commentin here hv a little knwledg of polio,
oga POLIO AFFECT D QUALITY OF LIFE OF AN INDIVIDUAL, BUT ITS NT DEADLY.....!!!!

I'm not a medical doctor, but a situation whereby I may not be able to move about freely- Na die be that smiley!

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Makana14(f): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2013
Hmmm....Naija wetin i no go c, God help us o u knw best!
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Kairoseki77: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2013
Nigeria is one of the only countries on the planet that still has cases of polio. I believe the others are Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Somehow, polio has been eradicated all over the world and 50% of the people here think the vaccine is a conspiracy to control the world's population.

Should they be forced? I don't know. But we really can't afford to be the only country still suffering from this 20th century illness. It's ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by thoth: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2013
HNosegbe:

What specific occurrences, please?

Lets use the Pfizer Drug Crisis in Northern Nigeria for an example....if you are not a lazy sort do a web search for yourself on many horrible and deliberate acts of evil carried out through vaccination across Africa.

on Pfizer read.
[size=14pt]Pfizer Accused of Massive Corruption in Killing African Children[/size] - http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/01/18/pfizer-accused-of-massive-corruption-in-killing-african-children.aspx

actually the death count was more than 20.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Lilimax(f): 9:51am On Sep 18, 2013
Dr.ABCD:

its not deadly sista, its a morbidity problm not a mortality problm!
Morbidity or Mortality; a situation whereby a child is restricted in movement for life due to poilo- Na die be that sad
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by thoth: 9:52am On Sep 18, 2013
1MCN:
this is like asking if it's mandatory to (breast)feed, send a child to school or house and clothe the child. I can bet you recieved immunization and vaccination. I can also swear that you gave or wll give same to your own kids.
yes it is not mandatory to bossom feed, or send a child to school. the parents has the right to decide such. if they for any reason decide that is what they want. it is their child not yours.
Yet hypocrites like you will support abortion.

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Kairoseki77: 9:53am On Sep 18, 2013
Lilimax:
Morbidity or Mortality; a situation whereby a child is restricted in movement for life due to poilo- Na die be that sad

Polio is also highly contagious. If it spreads rapidly we will end up a nation of cripples. shocked
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Kairoseki77: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:
yes it is not mandatory to bossom feed, or send a child to school. the parents has the right to decide such. if they for any reason decide that is what they want. it is their child not yours.
Yet hypocrites like you will support abortion.

Polio is a danger to the person who has it, and to the innocent that don't have it. It is a public health concern.

If there was a vaccine for HIV/AIDS, would you be ok with some people refusing to take the vaccine and thereby keeping the disease alive?
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Lilimax(f): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Polio is also highly contagious. If it spreads rapidly we will end up a nation of cripples. shocked

It is not our portion cheesy

Polio + Our Crippling country= ? (God help us)

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 18, 2013
If you want people to take vaccines, then inform them. It's not like those refusing it are geniuses. Don't mandate it and make it punishable by law. Punishing people doesn't make them any less ignorant. "When there was no vaccine, there were 600,000 cases of polio. Last year, there were only 347 reported cases thanks to the vaccine". Show the consequences of not getting the vaccine, hand out booklets. It's not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:

Whatever is there reason is no concern of yours or mine, what is most important is that they expressed their right and they said NO, forcing vaccination on them when they have clearly voiced their stand on it is dehumanizing. There reason is not to be judged they have right to cite religious reasons, cultural beliefs or simply arbitrary volition to reject it with no reason other than that they don’t want it in their body.
It is their body and their children not yours. You can not tell others what they have to do with themselves and you applying force is barbaric.

When it comes to you then talk for yourself.

SHUT UP AND DONT EVER SAY THIS OUTSIDE BECAUSE UR MUM ALLOWED U TO BE VACCINATED.I GUESS U R HAPPY WHEN U SEE THEM CRAWLING ABOUT AND ASKING FOR ALMS

.TAA NWATA MECHIE ONU

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 10:02am On Sep 18, 2013
Lilimax: I'm not a medical doctor, but a situation whereby I may not be able to move about freely- Na die be that smiley!
Actually u hv a point....d polio enlitenmnt campaign ws not carried out effectivly..these people nid to be educated in a simple language dt thy can undstnd...often atimes these people jst see polio wrkers loiterin arnd puttin smtin into d mouth of thr children.....thy dnt even knw wht d tin is,,,,,,thr r a few who refuse due to religios/traditionl belivs (u cant blame em,its thr beliv, we ol hv belivs)
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by thoth: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Polio is a danger to the person who has it, and to the innocent that don't have it. It is a public health concern.

If there was a vaccine for HIV/AIDS, would you be ok with some people refusing to take the vaccine and thereby keeping the disease alive?
It is never a problem with what I am okay with, what we try to address in this situation is what the person who is being forced against his will to be vaccinated is okay with. I hate when people try to twist things like illiterates, Nobody cares what I am interested in, Nobody really cares what I want, but I have to right to declare my interests. The person who is being held against his will and forcefully vaccinated in this case has all the right to sue the FG for abusing his rights.

This is the mentality that resulted in African producing dictators after dictators with no end in sight.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88:

Stupid people are still people and they should have the right to say no. That's how it is here. Millions have declined vaccines because they believe it causes autism. When the child is sick, they're removed from school and the family takes care of them usually.

It's not even about vaccines. It's about refusing something you should have the right to refuse and being arrested for it. Who's to say which group of people is next?
....and what do you think is their reason for rejecting the vaccine? Do they have any genuine reason other than some Islamic clerics who brainwash them and tell them lies about the adverse effects of taking a vaccine. Seems you've not been following the news lately. angry

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Kairoseki77: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88: If you want people to take vaccines, then inform them. It's not like those refusing it are geniuses. Don't mandate it and make it punishable by law. Punishing people doesn't make them any less ignorant. "When there was no vaccine, there were 600,000 cases of polio. Last year, there were only 347 reported cases thanks to the vaccine". Show the consequences of not getting the vaccine, hand out booklets. It's not rocket science.

I think I remember reading a few articles in the past about religious leaders misleading the public about the vaccine. There have even been incidents of vaccine providers being attacked and killed while working.

There was also the incident where nine Korean doctors were killed by Boko Haram while distributing the vaccine.

Education should start with the leaders.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Lilimax(f): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2013
berem: ....and what do you think is their reason for rejecting the vaccine? Do they have any genuine reason other than some Islamic clerics who brainwash them and tell them lies about the adverse effects of taking a vaccine. Seems you've not been following the news lately. angry
Gbam!
You got the logic behind it.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by thoth: 10:16am On Sep 18, 2013
Sery777:

SHUT UP AND DONT EVER SAY THIS OUTSIDE BECAUSE UR MUM ALLOWED U TO BE VACCINATED.I GUESS U R HAPPY WHEN U SEE THEM CRAWLING ABOUT AND ASKING FOR ALMS

.TAA NWATA MECHIE ONU

My mom exercised the right to have me vaccinated, and i will tell you this, i remember growing up in France in the 80's when my younger sister was born, the nurses that administering vaccines repeat these words " this is the vaccines for XXXX delivered by the national government of France, you have all right to refuse to be injected, Do you want me to proceed and inject you ?" they say this for every single person that was in the queue and guess what they don't ask the kids this question, they ask the mother . so don’t tell me what i have not experienced. In Israel at the moment such questions are still asked before vaccination. Only moronic Africans like you will not see how this scenario can be stretched and used for evil against you therefore make abusing your rights the norm.

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Lilimax(f): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

I think I remember reading a few articles in the past about religious leaders misleading the public about the vaccine. There have even been incidents of vaccine providers being attacked and killed while working.

There was also the incident where nine Korean doctors were killed by Boko Haram while distributing the vaccine.

Education should start with the leaders.
Their religious clerics should be forced to say something positive about this polio vaccination as they are the architect behind
there refusal of the vaccine.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by thoth: 10:23am On Sep 18, 2013
Lilimax:
Their religious clerics should be forced to say something positive about this polio vaccination as they are the architect behind
there refusal of the vaccine.
Stop blaming the religious clerics, they have an incident that backs their claim which i believe you are oblivious of. the North has been suffering from such occurrences that they know better and some would prefer polio to vaccines because they have seen what can happen when one is not too careful.

Stop talking about them as if they are cows, barbarians and can not reason for themselves, i have found out that the trick that tyrants usually use is to first make their targets seems inferior then run impose their urges on them.

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 10:24am On Sep 18, 2013
berem: ....and what do you think is their reason for rejecting the vaccine? Do they have any genuine reason other than some Islamic clerics who brainwash them and tell them lies about the adverse effects of taking a vaccine. Seems you've not been following the news lately. angry
then thy shld warn or if possible arrest d people misleadin em....and not to arrest d people who refused vaccination bcs thr leader told thm it causes sub-fertility, would u take anytin u beliv wil reduce ur fertility?
these people hv a beliv, dt beliv must be uprooted for d polio to be eradicated........dt can not be done by intimidatin dem

thy once welcmd a drug by pfizer, thr children died......put ur sef in thr shoes, u wil undstnd thr skepticism abt receivn vaccin en masse
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Kairoseki77: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2013
Dr.ABCD:

then thy shld warn or if possible arrest d people misleadin em....and not to arrest d people who refused vaccination bcs thr leader told thm it causes sub-fertility, would u take anytin u beliv wil reduce ur fertility?
these people hv a beliv, dt beliv must be uprooted for d polio to be eradicated........dt can not be done by intimidatin dem

thy once welcmd a drug by pfizer, thr children died......put ur sef in thr shoes, u wil undstnd thr skepticism abt receivn vaccin en masse

Why not ask a doctor in their community to oversee the distribution of the vaccines?
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Davo93(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2013
Wa Gbayi jor...
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Tapout(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2013
If I had a child, I'll rather take him/her to a hospital for the vacination (infact that's what real parents do) than presenting his/her buttocks to poeple carrying green boxes up and down with govt approved papers(which sometimes may be FAKE)....I dnt blame the victims tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Buni Seeks Special Military Intervention For Geidam / Bosun Oladele: We Are Confident Buhari Won't Betray Tinubu / Which Local Government Is The Largest In Terms Of Landmass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.