Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,781 members, 7,879,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 05:26 PM

102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. (8048 Views)

The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / El-Rufai Administers Polio Vaccine To His Son Today In Kaduna / Deadly Protest In Niger For Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 18, 2013
Dr.ABCD:

then thy shld warn or if possible arrest d people misleadin em....and not to arrest d people who refused vaccination bcs thr leader told thm it causes sub-fertility, would u take anytin u beliv wil reduce ur fertility?
these people hv a beliv, dt beliv must be uprooted for d polio to be eradicated........dt can not be done by intimidatin dem

thy once welcmd a drug by pfizer, thr children died......put ur sef in thr shoes, u wil undstnd thr skepticism abt receivn vaccin en masse
How many cases of infertility have been recorded due to polio vaccination? Is there any? please provide with credible source. Do you know that these ignorant parents who deny their kids of vaccines prefer to allow their animals especially cattles to get vaccinated? Isn't that crazy?
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Tats(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2013
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by phineas: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2013
The rejection of polio vaccines by northerners should be criminalized.However, the right path would be for the state to sue them and let such parents have their day in court explaining why they rejected vaccination for their kids.

Its not lack of information,u see a lot of funds go into community mobilization and awareness with involvement of religious and political leaders.why just the north.The south has no recorded cases and the people are not sterile yet.This same Nigerians are given this vaccines before been allowed to travel for hajj why don't they reject it,why are the other islamic nations not rejecting it.

Its beyond conspiracy theories,its about an attitude of defiance to state that has left nigeria as the reserviour for polio that was almost eradicated save for us and has now begun to spread again to other countries.It must be curbed.

Also On no account can we compare Nigeria to the developed west where access to health is easy,The sad nigerian under five mortality statistics we hear about is mainly as a result of figures from this north,where pple have 7- 10 children and can't afford health should they fall sick and still refuse vaccination.so we hear of preventable deaths from measles,chest infections,diarrhea,etc They should @ least tow the path of prevention that has been offered free They refuse mostly due to nonchalance and u hear a woman lost 3-4 kids from 10 deliveries.No big deal she still has 5-8 kids anyway.

That is the attitude of the north,its reckless endagerment,maybe they shouldn't be arrested,but the state must sue such parents for this for the trend to stop,someone must stand for the right of those children.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Why not ask a doctor in their community to oversee the distribution of the vaccines?
A GOOD POINT BUT,
most communities dnt hv indigenous doctors in d north.....and these are d people dt wud hv helpd alot in d campaign, u can count d numba of drs in a state(majority are even of southern origin).unlike in d south whr evry hse hv a dr
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2013
Tapout: If I had a child, I'll rather take him/her to a hospital for the vacination (infact that's what real parents do) than presenting his/her buttocks to poeple carrying green boxes up and down with govt approved papers(which sometimes may be FAKE)....I dnt blame the victims tho
Na for mouth dem they giv polio vaccine, no be injection
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by chucky234(m): 10:53am On Sep 18, 2013
I dont think its right to arrest anyone for refusing vaccines, its by choice and not by force.
I for one dont allow my kids to take vaccines from those govt agents, I make sure my wife attend all her immunization appointments at the family hospital after giving birth.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Hoodrat(m): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2013
Are there no function human right activist in nigeria to stand against the nigerian government for violating the rights of its citizens in so many ways Why stressed the Eurocentric education, negro population control, religion agenda after destroying the culture, taken the nigerian/african people livelihood and made them live like a race of robots with a everyday struggling to survive with no hope for the future in the dungeons of the racist imperialist world and the federal puppets of Nigeria.

Its now obvious that the federal government of Nigeria are nothing but clueless, greedy inferior,puppets satanic, are in support of eugenics. This is all you get when people are conquered and forever silence on obvious fact that oppress, humiliate and rubbish his culture and his people.

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 11:04am On Sep 18, 2013
berem: How many cases of infertility have been recorded due to polio vaccination? Is there any? please provide with credible source. Do you know that these ignorant parents who deny their kids of vaccines prefer to allow their animals especially cattles to get vaccinated? Isn't that crazy?
its a beliv based on d fact dt d vaccine hs oestrogen and progestrone hormone in it...these hormones may hv sm contraceptiv effect.......
its not evidence-based though.

"Mamman Nababa, a father of three in
Kano, said: "I can't understand how the
West will spend millions of dollars in
providing medication against polio for our
children while they systematically killed
500,000 Muslim children in Iraq by
imposing an embargo that denied them
access to basic medicines."

check dis link for rizins y thy r rejectin d vaccine
http://m.irinnews.org/report/97781/analysis-roots-of-polio-vaccine-suspicion
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Marksule(m): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2013
Pls help. I Want To know how much be Startimes Decorder in Lagos?
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by tobbyrobson(m): 11:07am On Sep 18, 2013
Aaaaargh! na by force? Allow dem decide hw dey want make thr future b na!
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2013
there's nothing wrong in taking vaccines from the government .
it's a periodic exercise. besides, it's only polio vaccine and vitamin A that the government health workers give from house to house .polio vaccine can be given more than once dose and the age limit is 5 years old for a child
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by obi123: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2013
Onyegecha: Why? This is injustice. They should stop forcing people to accept vaccination especially when there is a strong indication that there's more than meets the eye with these 'free, by force' gifts.

this is the type of comment that warrants a reply,the vaccine should in fact be forced on them, they are opening the world in general to re infection of this near eradicated disease , we cannot be held to ransom by just a few daft people , i want my children's children to not even know the word polio.

Please watch this doc that aired on channel 4 about Ade Adepitan who also suffers from Polio , he came to Nigeria some months back to shoot this interesting documentary on polio and its myths

http://adeadepitan.com/2013/08/ade-adepitan-journey-of-my-lifetime/
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Sajio(m): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2013
Good! The Governor should organise a Forum through Which These People Can be Educated why they should partake in the exercise! The side effects, using those affected cripples as an example †̥ them........ Most The Northerners have not been well Oriented!
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by uhuns: 11:17am On Sep 18, 2013
1MCN: @Onyegecha, is there actually any "more than meet the eyes" in this vaccination and immunization? It's this kind of very wrong and obnoxious belief system that has causes the avoidable death and deformation of many kids from the northern part of Nigeria. Have you ever seen these children on the street corners begging alms and the kind of deformations they carry? I rather think this refusal is costing the north a lot and should be stopped by all means. Live is too difficult for able-bodied people not to talk of people with disabilities!

My brother google out the word vaccine in YouTube
You will be surprise at wot you get
As a clue look for anyone longer the than one hour
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Hoodrat(m): 11:20am On Sep 18, 2013
The african christian preacher. Always there to keep the negroe passive and docile. Meanwhile, our white brethren continue to conquer sovereign people through military force, stealing land, stripping it of it’s natural and human resources, dictating policy, spirituality and social norms, polluting the eco-system, creating diseases to wipe off the negro, draining economies, and infiltrating the very DNA of said nations, by entering their bloodlines through miscegenation causing further division. All this while keeping the integrity of their genetics as intact as possible.

All this is going on while pretending they do care about us.

2 Likes

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by uhuns: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2013
To all
Before we go, saying wot we think we know. I suggest you go to YouTube and just search for the word vaccine .
U will be soso surprise at wot you get.
You kan pm me and would send you links. For obvious reasons
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by obi123: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2013
Dr.ABCD:
A GOOD POINT BUT,
most communities dnt hv indigenous doctors in d north.....and these are d people dt wud hv helpd alot in d campaign, u can count d numba of drs in a state(majority are even of southern origin).unlike in d south whr evry hse hv a dr

you dont need doctors to give polio vaccination
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by obi123: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2013
Davo93: Chai! I am surprised people like you with this kind of reasoning still exist in our modern age. SMH

honestly, it just shows you that there is really no hope, in fact that light that we have been claiming that is at the end of the tunnel is virtually non existent with such reasoning

1 Like

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by obi123: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:

Whatever is there reason is no concern of yours or mine, what is most important is that they expressed their right and they said NO, forcing vaccination on them when they have clearly voiced their stand on it is dehumanizing. There reason is not to be judged they have right to cite religious reasons, cultural beliefs or simply arbitrary volition to reject it with no reason other than that they don’t want it in their body.
It is their body and their children not yours. You can not tell others what they have to do with themselves and you applying force is barbaric.

When it comes to you then talk for yourself.

are you aware that others are exposed to reinfection because of these people
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 11:32am On Sep 18, 2013
obi123:

you dont need doctors to give polio vaccination
jst replyin a comment bro...drs can help educate em, thy can encorage thr community of origin to vaccinate thr children......these communities nid d words of a person thy can trust .and not sm southerners/oyibos who cannt speak d language of d people........thy nid enlitenemnt!!
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by obi123: 11:32am On Sep 18, 2013
Dr.ABCD:

its not deadly sista, its a morbidity problm not a mortality problm!

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk not a mortality problem , that's fine then.Phew!!
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by uhuns: 11:33am On Sep 18, 2013
Hoodrat: The african christian preacher. Always there to keep the negroe passive and docile. Meanwhile, our white brethren continue to conquer sovereign people through military force, stealing land, stripping it of it’s natural and human resources, dictating policy, spirituality and social norms, polluting the eco-system, creating diseases to wipe off the negro, draining economies, and infiltrating the very DNA of said nations, by entering their bloodlines through miscegenation causing further division. All this while keeping the integrity of their genetics as intact as possible.

All this is going on while pretending they do care about us.

My brother you seem to be economical with words
But all the same you said it all. My concern is why do people chose not to belief in things out side the box.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by nora544: 11:35am On Sep 18, 2013
The pathogen is except in the polar regions to be found worldwide . Through a consistent implementation of immunization , the frequent occurrence of the disease has been pushed back to areas in Africa and Asia. In Germany the last infection with polio in 1990 was . The last entrained infections were registered in 1992. In the United States there were in 1979 in the states of Iowa, Wisconsin, Missouri and Pennsylvania only one outbreak among the devout Amish .

A new outbreak was also reported in October 2005, only followers of this faith community in Minnesota. In Western Europe the last polio epidemic occurred in 1992 in the Netherlands. Here, members of fundamentalist Calvinist communities were affected, which , like most Amish also , vaccinations for religious reasons refused and continues to refuse .

Worldwide , there are about 1,500 new cases by the wild-type per year , currently mainly in India and Nigeria , besides also in the Democratic Republic of Congo , Pakistan, Afghanistan and Myanmar [3 ] , but also especially because of rising Impfskepsis again sporadically in the industrialized nations.

A rising incidence of polio by 2003 in Nigeria - a country that was until 2003 virtually free of polio - can be clearly attributed to one in that year of Ibrahim Datti Ahmed, a physician and president of the Supreme Sharia Council in Nigeria, issued fatwa [4]. The Ahmed's fatwa stating that polio vaccinations would constitute a "conspiracy" by the U.S. and the UN against the Muslim faith and serve to "sterilize" the Muslims. In the following years, the polio cases in Nigeria therefore again increased and spread from there to other countries. Even 10 years later, in Kano Nigerian health workers who participated in vaccination programs, allegedly by the Islamic sect "Boko Haram" belonging to Protect motorcycle killed [

The World Health Organization (WHO) wants the polio virus, similar to the 1970s, smallpox eradicated worldwide in the coming decades, the pathogen seems suitable, as it is practically not changed and in fact only the people has as a reservoir. Essential for the success of this project, however, is a relentless vaccinations worldwide since the virus is environmentally stable and quasi must be "starved" so that it will no longer host. The highest possible global immunization coverage over the years it is absolutely necessary.

The virus is transmitted through poor hygiene conditions kotverschmutzte hands or objects and absorbed through the digestive tract (fecal-oral route infection or contact infection). But it also comes to transmissions by droplet infection. [6] The infectivity is obviously already a few hours after infection. The pharynx (droplet infection) it holds a, in feces from three to six weeks. The incubation period is 7-14 (3-35) days.

I give you some information about polio and that nigeria was polio free 2003 and than a cleric in the north say that it is from the devil.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by obi123: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2013
Dr.ABCD:

jst replyin a comment bro...drs can help educate em, thy can encorage thr community of origin to vaccinate thr children......these communities nid d words of a person thy can trust .and not sm southerners/oyibos who cannt speak d language of d people........thy nid enlitenemnt!!

these people will not respond well to doctors , instead they will respond to members of their own community who will act as champions of this cause who will work with the health workers who are from Niger and have already been trained by doctors and various agencies, their job is just to administer it and keep records and report back , i'm sure they have targets
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth: This is extremely bad, Nigerians should riot over that. People should not be forced to accept something which they do not want. Nobody should be imposed upon.
This is one of those injustice that abounds in the African society. When it is about homosexuality or some other evil idea you will see Africans jumping up with the unreasonable chants like “it is their life let them do what they want with it, it is their body not yours” now all those chants does not apply. How 5tupid are we as a people?

Of course there is more that always meets the eye on such occasions and the northern guys have good reason to fear, their reasons has been substantiated over and over with many occurrences all over Africa and south America.
Nigerians should really riot over this.

If u are not being sarcastic, then you are the most foolish person I've seen on nairaland this year.
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by donsimon2(m): 11:39am On Sep 18, 2013
ogugua88: Are vaccinations mandatory? No one should be arrested for refusing a vaccine. As silly as I/we think the choice is, they have rights.
in this case,their decision is affecting dia children,not themselves...I'm all for safeguarding peoples rights,where d well being of a child is an issue,den d government should do right thing irrespective of d ignorant parents wishes...
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by DrABCD: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2013
obi123:

these people will not respond well to doctors , instead they will respond to members of their own community who will act as champions of this cause who will work with the health workers who are from Niger and have already been trained by doctors and various agencies, their job is just to administer it and keep records and report back , i'm sure they have targets
yes!
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 18, 2013
thoth:

My mom exercised the right to have me vaccinated, and i will tell you this, i remember growing up in France in the 80's when my younger sister was born, the nurses that administering vaccines repeat these words " this is the vaccines for XXXX delivered by the national government of France, you have all right to refuse to be injected, Do you want me to proceed and inject you ?" they say this for every single person that was in the queue and guess what they don't ask the kids this question, they ask the mother . so don’t tell me what i have not experienced. In Israel at the moment such questions are still asked before vaccination. Only moronic Africans like you will not see how this scenario can be stretched and used for evil against you therefore make abusing your rights the norm.

why call me a slowpoke?i understand wot u mean but from the look of things you've not been to Nigeria for awhile,Northern Nigeria leads in polio menace due to religious teachings and illiteracy,this is not France.most of these mothers are teenagers who has neva been to school except to learn the koran and they knw nothing about vaccines.it is true orientation is needed but will they come to the health centres dat is if there's any around ,they need to be forced sumtyms but not punished so dat the child will not be affected.
go to the south n see how trailer loads of handicapped men are bought in,do u really wish for this to continue?do u love this country at all?pls understand me.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
GOD BLESS THE PRESIDENT
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by nora544: 11:47am On Sep 18, 2013
It is very good what the govermenthas done

Nigeria is the country with the highest rate of polio in the world.

Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 18, 2013
wots a slowpoke,mods i dont want it atleast u guys saw wot he called me and u didnt change it now u change mine.

favoritism lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 102 Arrested By In Niger For Refusing Polio Vaccines. by ceejayluv(m): 11:56am On Sep 18, 2013
Onyegecha: Why? This is injustice. They should stop forcing people to accept vaccination especially when there is a strong indication that there's more than meets the eye with these 'free, by force' gifts.
were you vaccinated? I guess yes. How would you feel if your parents had refused to vaccinate you and you ended up physically deformed? I don't think you'd be posting such here.
if they can make yellow fever vaccination compulsory for adults before travelling abroad, then they shouldn't deny innocent kids.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Hike Makes Deltans To Pay Higher Price In Delta State Govt Urban Transport / Police: IGP Never Paid N2 Billion For Tenure Extension / Governor Of Enugu Did Not Impregnate His Sister-In-Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.