Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,469 members, 7,917,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:29 AM

For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! (113626 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Help! I Am Being Physically Abused By My Wife! What Will I Do? / Wives, Girlfriends, Partners Please Tell Me You All Have Experienced This Too. . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 19, 2013
fresh_dude: These prime quotes just keep popping up. Very good question.

What's so special about the question?

Should he leave his wife? Obviously yes. Everyone must remove themselves from a physically abusive situation which is potentially life threatening. Abandon the kids? Obviously not. Was it the kids that battered him? Same way a battered wife should not abandon her kids is the same way a battered husband should not abandon his.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by OmoAlata1(f): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2013
Elevation: The B.I.B.L.E is Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth it is not just any book,pls o it is the Written word of God Christ is the Living word...so i'll av to quote it to answer u John 3v13 And no man hath ascended up to Heaven but he that came down from Heaven even the Son of man which is in Heaven,the Spirit of God can reveal unseen things to selected individuals but the BIBLE THROUGH DIFFERENT REVELATION TO REFINED MEN IS AND STILL REMAINS THE ONLY WRITTEN INSTRUCTION FROM GOD TO MAN,AND IF A PERSON DOESNT OBEY IT NO HEAVEN NEVER.

I have a lot that I can say about this statement, but I will digress since this thread is not about religion
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by OmoAlata1(f): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2013
Virgin Finder:

That's why she has to look for a Bible-believing, Bible-following and God-fearing church.

The marriage counsellors are born again Christians and mostly pastors too.They would have been trained by the church's bible college.

She is in safe hands!

The same for you, there is a lot I can say about "only going to born again marriage counselors" but I don't want to derail things
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by 25Calibre(m): 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
jennykadry:

My self confidence is Up the roof all thanks to my parents. Bring me 50 tall able bodied men here and I will debate with them for hours no shaking and no intimidation will I feel. It was when I left Nigeria that I knew women had the right to walk their boss out of their office and "command" respect from lecturers shocked. Ose cool can it happen in nigeria? My daughters are the best things that will ever happen to any man, infact without them a man is incomplete. Their presence alone will bring sunshine Into the lives of these men..... Their father wil do a good job at reminding them just incase they forget

WTF! is this? How can you come here and try to feed people bullsh*t? Walk your boss out from your office in your home or the office in an organisation? Some people who see this comment will think outside Nigeria, you can walk all over your boss.

Even if its the United Nations or National Organisation for Women, the word boss is self-explanatory or do you think because of rights there aren't code of conducts or respect for hierarchy?

Please when your boss is in your office, walk him out.

3 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
coogar:
here you admitted there's something wrong with the concept of traditional marriage and bride price....

I admitted no such thing.

coogar:
here is the U-turn......a 180 degree turn that some parts of the traditional marriage are useful & harmless. the ones that do not affect your pocket is useful. the ones that actually tasked you as a wife to put some effort to make the marriage work are very harmful.

Again, I made no such u-turn. That response was a general response to the dumb statement you made and it wasn't targetted at any specific practice.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Nashville:

I agree with you that abuse is not only physical. Alot of women verbally abuse their husbands and it is becoming increasingly common. But the solution is not physical abuse. I dont even beat my children not to talk of my wife. There are other ways of punishing people worse than flogging. If your wife is insulting you, then you could report her to her family, in which case they can appeal to her. If that does not change her, then you can also resort to other ways but not necessarily violence. I do not want to derail the thread so I will not share the other ways just yet!
I in no way support physical violence or condone it, I'm just saying that everyone should respect themeselves and their spouses.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2013
Coogar and Ile una no dey tire?
Lol!
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2013
ileobatojo:

Again prove where I said all this or shut your mouth.

So according to you, you either accept all societal cultures in it's entirety or you reject every culture in it's entirety? Wow, what a dumb a*ss. I'm not even going to bother bringing up obvious examples because it's clear to anyone with half a brain that your stupi*dity is on full display right now.

4 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by coogar: 6:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
ileobatojo:
The fact of the matter is that you do not know my opinion on this issue because I have never stated it. So your attempt at making shi*t up for your personal entertainment is hardly amusing. Please quit yapping and allow people that exist in the 21st century come and make meaningful contributions to the thread. Have a good day.

ileoba, don't be antsy i had you figure out. grin cheesy since you are claiming you have never stated it, what's your opinion about parents marrying their wards off to cop financial gain? is it evil or harmless to your moral value? grin

Ujujoan: Coogar and Ile una no dey tire?
Lol!

seriously, ileoba is the biggest hypocrite this section has produced. when the traditional practise in nigeria suits the woman & shortchanges the man, ileoba is happy. when the same traditional practise requires the woman to endure or persevere, ileoba suddenly remembers the nigerian society is evil.

how can one be hot & cold at the same time?
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by swagqueen(f): 7:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
Na wah o
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by RoyalRoy(m): 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2013
swag queen: Na wah o

Smh
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by VirginFinder: 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2013
Omo_Alata:

The same for you, there is a lot I can say about "only going to born again marriage counselors" but I don't want to derail things

Well, who's testimony shall we believe? that of Jesus Christ or that of worldly Nairalanders?

God's counsel is supreme anytime anyday.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by pickabeau1: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2013
na wa,,, the Family Fighters are here,,, remains Eniyan .......

#Runs out....
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2013
Aunty Ile and Uncle Coogar, una good evening oº°˚!! grin grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by poppop: 9:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
x

1 Like

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2013
Abused people started a threat on how to survive abuse and how to find help.
As usual, we have turned it to an ego "who can debate and speak english more" thread.

Carry your never ending merry go round to a brand new thread, leave this thread for the people and the aim it is meant for.

People who are abused normally have no one to confide in, this is a forum where they can pour their hearts out and find the strength to salvage what is left of their esteem.
This is not about you guys and who has superior knowledge, Moderator please let us leave this thread to serve the purpose it was opened

7 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2013
alutacontinua:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
You berra face ileoba...see how woman is rubbing your bald head with correct words just lyk dt undecided undecided undecided

Tufiakwa!

grin grin

tchidi: Aunty Ile and Uncle Coogar, una good evening oº°˚!! grin grin

How far? grin grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Shugarlipz(f): 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
ajanaku2: Really, what kind of Man beats a defenceless, weaker feminine gender?

A Coward, I suppose! And a Beast too, considering the fragile and soft nature of the Feminine body structure...

Some Females can be so annoying though but I think the greatest punishment to mete out on such unruly Females is to simply ignore them!

They hate being ignored!
thank you vewi much. That is better.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
debrief08: Abused people started a threat on how to survive abuse and how to find help.
As usual, we have turned it to an ego "who can debate and speak english more" thread.

Carry your never ending merry go round to a brand new thread, leave this thread for the people and the aim it is meant for.

People who are abused normally have no one to confide in, this is a forum where they can pour their hearts out and find the strength to salvage what is left of their esteem.
This is not about you guys and who has superior knowledge, Moderator please let us leave this thread to serve the purpose it was opened

I truly have no idea what you are going on about. Someone is repeatedly giving the archaic opinion that abused women must remain in the marriage at all costs for the sake of the kids so that the children will not watch boyfriends come in and out of the house and so that people will not gossip behind their back. The person's ridiculous and dangerous opinion was called out and you're getting your pants in a bunch over nothing? Please spare me the holier than thou ramblings. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2013
debrief08: Abused people started a threat on how to survive abuse and how to find help.

grin grin
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by OAA82: 9:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
I'm married to an abusive man. To the outside world, he is a nice man and to be honest he is a good husband 90 percent of the time. When he gets angry(at seemingly silly things) I feel the full weight of his anger. He kicks, punches, slaps and uses his belt.

It's been happening since I got married. To be honest, he hit me about 6 months to our wedding and I called it off but was convinced otherwise. I was told it was a one off thing, was told its obvious he loves me, was told he is a good man, give him a chance. Fast forward 6 years down the line and here I am. Each time it happened, I believed it was the last, told my self it will not happen again but it always did.

I've come to realise it will happen again, I've stopped fooling myself. I'm financially independent and I could easily move on with my life. I don't know why I stay(I think it's because he is a good husband most of the time).

I have 2 children, my head tells me to run for my life......

2 Likes

Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
OAA82: I'm married to an abusive man. To the outside world, he is a nice man and to be honest he is a good husband 90 percent of the time. When he gets angry(at seemingly silly things) I feel the full weight of his anger. He kicks, punches, slaps and uses his belt.

It's been happening since I got married. To be honest, he hit me about 6 months to our wedding and I called it off but was convinced otherwise. I was told it was a one off thing, was told its obvious he loves me, was told he is a good man, give him a chance. Fast forward 6 years down the line and here I am. Each time it happened, I believed it was the last, told my self it will not happen again but it always did.

I've come to realise it will happen again, I've stopped fooling myself. I'm financially independent and I could easily move on with my life. I don't know why I stay(I think it's because he is a good husband most of the time).

I have 2 children, my head tells me to run for my life......

do your children witness this? to be honest i don't want to put my mouth here, as only the person wearing the shoe knows where it hurts.
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by poppop: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2013
Zik4zik: Swag queen and the rest of you that has been abused in you relationship I am really sorry about your situation. These are my advice and you must take it seriously no matter how difficult it seemed. For those of you that are still dating please end the relationship immediately. But for Swag queen and the others here who are married please NEVER EVER leave your home no matter what. You swore for better for worse... DON'T EVER LEAVE YOUR MARITAL HOME FOR ANY REASON. The mind of an abusive married man works like a clock, it eventually gets back to its right senses but if you had already left the house by then lots of irreparable damages might have been done such as him already impregnating someone else or having a kid. I am not saying you should let him beat you to death. No... That's not my intention. The truth is that a man in such situation is actually suffering, he needs help, he knows what he is doing is wrong but he can't help himself, he wants to stop but he can't. Haven't you ever wondered why he beats you with so much hate and rage yet he feels extremely insecure and monitors your every move. He feels insecure because deep inside him you remain his source of strength, he knows he is lost without you. As a wife in such situation, you need to put him in prayers, when you pray, cry in your prayers and let him hear you pray and cry but try not to be too loud. Let him hear you pray for his protection and success, do this every night(2am) for seven days. [b]And for God sake you already knows he beats you when you talk back at him so PLEASE PLEASE and PLEASE from today let him have his way, don't talk back at him, when you find out that he has slept with other ladies keep it to yourself and talk to your God about it. [/b]Once you learn to control your tongue, you have taken away his strength over you because there is nothing for him to hold as a reason for beating you. These are simple logic that works and if you can continue like this for 3weeks or more he will gradually revert to his old loving self. But when you confront him or talk back at him, the devil seizes an opportunity to take over his rage and he gets uncontrollably angry towards you and the beating starts again. Please read this post over and over until you master all that I have written in it. Remember, before he married you there were over a million women on earth but he chose you because you meant every thing to him but now he has a cloud over his eyes and you must help him get past his weaknesses by praying for him and keeping your tongue in check... DON'T TALK BACK

you have loads of contradictory statements here. Can i ask if anyone you know has tried this and it worked for them?
we are all entitled to our opinion but i feel this is a sad sad way to look at the issue of abuse
many women who have chosen this stay with him at all cost path have lost their lives in the process
at the end of the day we are in Nigeria and agreed its worse for the average Nigerian woman to leave her home especially when she has no job
the stigma and all
but its equally wrong to use this blanket approach and tell every wife who suffers from abuse to remain
each case differs and some who keep shut and allow a man run around and all will still be beaten
Re: For Abused Wives, Girlfriends & Men!!! by coogar: 10:09pm On Sep 19, 2013
alutacontinua:
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
You berra face ileoba...see how woman is rubbing your bald head with correct words just lyk dt undecided undecided undecided

Tufiakwa!

ileoba?
she's my paddy. why do i need to face ileoba when she is preparing a hot amala & egusi for me as we speak.

tchidi: Aunty Ile and Uncle Coogar, una good evening oº°˚!! grin grin

queen tchidi, how are you doing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (111) (Reply)

Husband Caught His Cheating Wife, Snapped And Framed The Picture / My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / Best Reply To When Your Wife Says No Sex Tonight..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.