Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,862 members, 7,935,693 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 01:46 PM

Tecno P5 Discussion Thread - Phones (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread (441327 Views)

Tecno P5+ Discussion / Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno Phantom N9 (Tab) discussion thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (186) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by joshdroid: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
Cowboy43: Bring the money
oya cm collect am
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
joshdroid: oya cm collect am
cheesy expect more of your hidden post when the landlord return
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by joshdroid: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
Cowboy43: cheesy expect more of your hidden post when the landlord return
u no ready
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Prestige324: 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
Pls guys how much is tecno m7?
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by evergreen247: 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2013
Cowboy43: p2 doesn't lag when you play game but some buttons won't respond immediately dat was why i dislike p2, sometimes when u scroll your web page u will notice a slide lag too..p2 network is far more better than p5 if terms of browsing.... You get that?
thanks a lot, you have done justice to my question.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by MuyiwaMike(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Prestige324: Pls guys how much is tecno m7?
28k...
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by harden(m): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2013
can fone play hd games and psp games and can d ram of dis phone be expanded since tn3 own can plz sum1 dat av rooted his fone shud try dis
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by felix55(m): 3:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
Pls how can i root this witch tecno p5 & install cwm recovery....pls paste d format if u kw...tanx & reply
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dazekid(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
Tecno p5 review
specs have been previously posted so I'm not posting this anymore...
1.Display: The display of the p5 is superb and colours come out really well but get washed out if viewing from extreme angles...this shouldn't be a problem coz its obvious nobody is going to be viewing at an extreme angle..
2.Battery:The 1800MaH battery of this phone is another plus as even tho it is 1800,in real life,it lasts almost as long as techno l3 with 2400MaH...
I unplugged my phone 100% charged by 11:17 and the battery dropped to 98% by 12:15...and since then to now (16:11),the battery is on 52% with brightness on the highest and network on 3g/H+...
Camera:Although the paper spec of the camera is 5.0mp..I must say it is rather poor even in the range of my former n3's camera...I also noticed that when taking pictures,the light sensors tend to determine the image quality hence meaning that I have to move the phone a bit to get a decent picture..The front 2.0mp camera is okay if you are in a very bright place.It may even be in the same league as the primary camera.
Performance:My p5 runs smoothly when in use with my 4gb and 8gb memory cards but as soon as I put in my 32gb memory card, the phone goes lag crazy.
Gaming:I am not really into phone games so I cannot really say how well this phone performs but I played gta3 on it and it was smooth
Radiation and heating:Throughout the two days that I have had this phone I have not experienced any form of heating at all and this is also considering that I have my network on 3g always.And unlike the phantom a,it doesn't get hot beside the camera..
Benchmarks: I ran antutu benchmark on this phone thrice and the results were 10636,11051 and 10840 respectively....
Build :i can say techno took time and put a lot of things into consideration for this device's build..The phone in itself looks a lot like the Samsung galaxy PS2 buy is cuter(maybe coz mine is white though)
Rooting :I think I m the first user to root this phone and after trying a few methods for rooting mtk devices, I successfully got it rooted using framaroot 1.60 by choosing supersu clicking boromir and rebooting...
You can ask further questions concerning anything not in this review and I'll try my best to give you an answer..
P.s una wey ask for review sebi u dey see as the post long reach abi ...If u like ehn no like the post come dey find me to answer your questions.... u go old..
DAZE

10 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dazekid(m): 4:42pm On Oct 03, 2013
my problems and solutions..
the camera was seemingly poor when I was using the default camera app but I used camera 2 and DX camera zoom and the pictures came out the way 5.0mp pictures should...just change the flash on this apps to torch so the flash is permanently on when using the camera...
lagging...this phone performs amazingly well when I have my 4gb memory card in it but as soon as I put in my 32gb SD, it goes crazy..
I have not got any solution to this yet so if anybody does please drop a solution here..
P.S:my review is as unbiased as u can get so if you want to get this phone beautiful if you don't and wanna get another fine... but please and please I am tired of the whole p5 versus P2 comparison coz that is what prompted me to get this phone in the first place...

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Youngtekkey(m): 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2013
dazekid,have u tried 16gig memory card,i used to try 32gig memory card on my java phone without any lag,how come this one come dey lag that one is another thing oooooo,and can u tell me name of those camera app
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by santosslam: 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
mY question is....can i switch on both sim card's data usage at same time(both running 2geda)?....like that of D5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dazekid(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2013
yea my 32gb works in ally phones without lava even n3 so I don't know what's wrong.. I think it's a bug tho.. that's why I asked if anybody knows what to do..
and the camera apps are camera 2 and fx camera zoom..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dazekid(m): 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2013
santosslam: mY question is....can i switch on both sim card data usage at same time(both running 2geda)?

oga na wa for u o...this phone is just 16.5k na..how many tins u wan mae e dey do??as for ur question. . no... u can only switch the data at different intervals with the added advantage of both sims having 3g capabilities...

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
M just waiting for M5...I hope It will b around 18 - 20K sha
......waiting Tecno
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by TheTega(m): 5:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
does droid vpn icmp still work for MTN??
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by physise(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
TheTega: does droid vpn icmp still work for MTN??
no.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Lekmight1(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2013
Should i buy p5 or p2
i like streaming live football,i like playin heavy game and psp game,i like snapping pics and i love phone with strong battery because our nepa no nice at all dey gives us light once in a month.speak at of experence
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
All you doubting Thomas wait for m5
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by sirame: 7:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]pls has any one used the p5 to please tell me if the camera is as gud as l3 especially the flash at night.
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Lekmight1(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]I don port oh i don port to airtel oooI don port oh i don port to airtel oooI don port oh i don port to airtel ooo
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by tonardo(m): 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2013
m5 is out.
just saw it on their website.
oh no its 512 again
i will wait for p7 or d7
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Wazzaowner(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
tonardo: m5 is out.
oh no its 512 again
i will wait for p7 or d7
Tornado na big fool u be just lyk ur name... made me waste mi little mb checkin tecno site..
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by prechear(m): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2013
Finally my P5 is Here. I collected it today on my way from work. Guys d phone is worth every kobo of d 16K! For those thinking of whether to buy or not; my advice is for u to buy especially considering d price it sells for. Pls which ISP have the best data plan for android phones in terms of price affordability and data size? Can one use BB data plan on Android phones? Pls guys reply
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by physise(m): 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
prechear: Finally my P5 is Here. I collected it today on my way from work. Guys d phone is worth every kobo of d 16K! For those thinking of whether to buy or not; my advice is for u to buy especially considering d price it sells for. Pls which ISP have the best data plan for android phones in terms of price affordability and data size? Can one use BB data plan on Android phones? Pls guys reply
airtel bis load N1500 n dial *440*16# to get 2gb valid for 30days
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2013
tonardo: m5 is out.
oh no its 512 again
i will wait for p7 or d7
guy u dey lie lmaooo
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Wazzaowner: Tornado na big fool u be just lyk ur name... made me waste mi little mb checkin tecno site..
sorry. GOD WILL PROVIDE ANOTHER MB wink

1 Like

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by nwaobitex: 8:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
Lstar4real: sorry. GOD WILL PROVIDE ANOTHER MB wink
LOL
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Ayostically: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
prechear: Finally my P5 is Here. I collected it today on my way from work. Guys d phone is worth every kobo of d 16K! For those thinking of whether to buy or not; my advice is for u to buy especially considering d price it sells for. Pls which ISP have the best data plan for android phones in terms of price affordability and data size? Can one use BB data plan on Android phones? Pls guys reply
congrats guy! Pls giv d addy of k-ultra so l can get mine
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by Lstar4real(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2013
Y n5 always shown on tecno site widout review
Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by dannyz(m): 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2013
it pains me for u all who are allowing tecnology to make use of u.possesing mostly android,iphone windows smartphone runs ur pocket dry and leaves u wt nofin. U wil continue to change from one to the oda without no grta improvement but with nasty specs. Playing bera hd games rubs u of ur useful time and leaves u wt no profit. Having all d app in playstore,iphone store,windows store,ovi etc gives u no meaningful joy but rada frustration n at last a bad phone. Phone manu are ready to produce n u wil spend ur hard earnd money in changing wt them. Im not saying u should nt buy a smart phn, cos at least it makes u a biga boy. But one is enaf for u. Tank god android is not like symbia dat provide app for only top platforms dnt knw if u get me. One android,no mata d product,windows,iphone is enaf for u.d main purpose of a phone is making n answering of cals,browsing no mata d kind of netwk,edge,2g,3g,3.5 etc.my fellow naija make una no vx o but make una tink twice.a word ìs enaf for d wise,i lov u all

8 Likes

Re: Tecno P5 Discussion Thread by prechear(m): 9:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
Ayostically:
congrats guy! Pls giv d addy of k-ultra so l can get mine

Thanks bro. They have a branch inside d post along Airport rd just opposite Road leading to Oba Palace. Add me on wassap with 08182585754

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (186) (Reply)

GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] / How To Write Colored Text On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.