Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,150 members, 7,880,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 10:16 PM

Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? (9833 Views)

Photos! If You Attended This Traditional Marriage What Would You Have Done. / Living Together Before Marriage - Is It A Good Idea? / Why Do Nigerians Prefer To Marry The Rich? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? by passionate88: 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2013
chineloSA: Well, I am Igbo na. My parents originating from Anambra, Ogidi. My partner is from the East as well. That makes me not immune.
na wetin u for talk since na. U no go fit take style ask ur partner to make will?. I knw say many Naija men dey fear to make will when dm dey young because dm bliv say na bad luck or d wife fit kill dm in order to acquire him property. bt if I am to advice any gal wey wan marry man from igbo, I go tell her to make her own money make she no b house wife.
Re: Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? by favinvest: 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Igbo girls don't come cheap oh. Parents spend alot for masters programme abroad to say the least. Igbo guys know this and don't complain, but imo is more expensive than anywhere in igboland.

Are they more trainned than the yoruba girls.
Little wonder ur igbo boys committ all manner of actrocities in Lagos and other countries and they will call it business including kingnapping; ritual killing; cocain etc.. Nonesense culture that's pushes young men to steal jst to belong
Re: Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? by chineloSA(f): 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2013
favinvest:

Are they more trainned than the yoruba girls.
Little wonder ur igbo boys committ all manner of actrocities in Lagos and other countries and they will call it business including kingnapping; ritual killing; cocain etc.. Nonesense culture that's pushes young men to steal jst to belong

You only fit to stay in my garden and become a gnome undecided undecided undecided
Re: Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? by Dovahkiin(m): 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
zannie: U people must shaa bring tribalism into everything. Are u guys not tired of this BS?
If u don't understand d culture, then forget it. Its as simple as that. There are many places in Naija where you don't pay a dime. You can as well go there. Its not by force to pay bride price.
Nobody is even talking about 'idu uno', where the parents of the bride do something akin to a 'send off' for the bride. Sometimes what the new couple get from this idu uno is way more than the bride price paid.
Please if u don't understand a people's way of life, its ok. But at least respect it. There are 250 ethnic groups in this country, each with its own vast customs. We should learn to respect people in this country

what if some of the vast customs are stup1d? , shdnt we point out how stup1d they are? sad
Re: Igbo Traditional Marriage, Is It Only For The Rich? by cbravo2: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies How Do You Control Your Guy In A Situation Of Konji? / Lady's bra falls out while reportedly having sex with man in his car (Photo) / Mtchwwww. See How This Shameless Girl Poses With Her Bf In A Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.