Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,055 members, 7,896,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:39 PM

Whats Going On: - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Going On: (837 Views)

Deliverance Madness Going On In Most Churches / Hey! What's Going On Here ? / Catholics Pls Can U Guys Tell Me What Is Going On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Going On: by uchkochi(m): 11:35am On Jun 23, 2008
Again it’s my joy to write to you, please know that I care so much and cannot help but write to you over and over again that your joy may be full. Today is a very unique day look around you and see the good things God has done. But if you don’t see anything good look inward. you are alive you are not 6 feet beneath the ground that’s why I know that you will keep flying higher and higher by the day in Jesus Precious name.

I write to you as timothy that has a Paul, I speak to you as an Elisha that has an Elijah; I talk to you as Man that has Jesus. And I have come today as a prophet to take you out of the unlikable to the desirable. No body likes the different ingredient that makes up a cake, for example the flour, baking powder, magerine, raw eggs but everyone likes and desires the cake.

The challenges you go through are the raw materials that makes you. Without them you will not be relevant to the world around you. Every great man most times goes through great pains and gets great gains at the end.

Jesus said in JOHN 16 vs. 33.’’…in this world you will have tribulations that is trouble in every nation but be of good cheer, .’’
So challenges are normal, they are real but more real is your victory. Do you truly see yourself as an over comer or as a victim. Do not come out from that challenge BITTER but come out BETTER.

From now on I am convinced you shall visit every challenge with a smile. I say this because everybody wants to live a life void of problems but that is only possible in the grave. Your attitude to the problem stirring you in the face is more important than the problem itself.

The truth is that every problem has an expiry date, but you can determine how soon the problem disappears; in 10 mins, 2 days, 3 months, 10 years. The choice is yours. The next 10 minutes is your moment get set to be lifted.

The right ATTITUDE takes you to the best altitude and this attitude is; when next you face a challenge take the good out of it with joy and refuse the rest by prayers, I see you smiling already.

There is something you have to learn via that challenge the earlier you learn it the faster the problem/challenge gives way.

From this hour receive the grace to learn from every pain with a smile, start laughing at those problems and in 10 minutes I see you coming out in JESUS PRECIOUS NAME REJOICE.
UCHE OKOCHI
OMEGA WORLD NETWORK
+2348052773865
Re: Whats Going On: by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 23, 2008
uchkochi:

The right ATTITUDE takes you to the best altitude and this attitude is; when next you face a challenge take the good out of it with joy and refuse the rest by prayers, I see you smiling already.

that is unbiblical.
Re: Whats Going On: by AKO1(m): 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2008
davidylan:

that is unbiblical.

And what is the biblical alternative you profer?

I think "count it all joy when you fall into diverse temptations" etc works here.
Re: Whats Going On: by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 23, 2008
A_K_O:

And what is the biblical alternative you profer?

I think "count it all joy when you fall into diverse temptations" etc works here.

Anyone can have the "right attitude", if you're not saved there is no altitude for you.
What is the "next altitude"? Where in the bible did Christ preach this kind of psycotherapy nonsense?

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

That verse is not talking about a physical "altitude" which is essentially what we mean when we use such phrases as uchkochi used. Rather Bro James is urging the brethren to see overcoming trials and temptations as God's way of strengthening their faith, teaching them patience (a fruit of the Spirit) and bringing them one more step closer to Spiritual perfection.
Re: Whats Going On: by AKO1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2008
davidylan:

Anyone can have the "right attitude", if you're not saved there is no altitude for you.
What is the "next altitude"? Where in the bible did Christ preach this kind of psycotherapy nonsense?

James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

That verse is not talking about a physical "altitude" which is essentially what we mean when we use such phrases as uchkochi used. Rather Bro James is urging the brethren to see overcoming trials and temptations as God's way of strengthening their faith, teaching them patience (a fruit of the Spirit) and bringing them one more step closer to Spiritual perfection.

Taken, Im ready to learn but I think what he's saying makes sense. Im entitled to that. There are some things in 'psychotherapy' that have no foundation in the bible but are true. This is pro'ly one of them.
if you're not saved there is no altitude for you.
which isnt exactly true because there are loads of non-christians attaining the highest heights in life. The bible even says in Proverbs the hands of the diligent maketh rich, not the 'christian' diligent or the hands of the righteous diligent. Cheers.
Re: Whats Going On: by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2008
uchkochi:

The truth is that every problem has an expiry date, but you can determine how soon the problem disappears; in 10 mins, 2 days, 3 months, 10 years. The choice is yours. The next 10 minutes is your moment get set to be lifted.

This is essentially biblically untrue.

2 Corinthians 12: 7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Apostle Paul had a problem that the Lord REFUSED to take away from him. Why?
How can you claim that we (mere mortals) can determine when our trials disappear when even Paul could not make his disappear? It is this kind of human psychology with just enough bible quoting to make it appear scriptural that is at the root of much of the apostasy that the body of Christ is witnessing today.
Re: Whats Going On: by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 23, 2008
A_K_O:

Taken, I'm ready to learn but I think what he's saying makes sense. I'm entitled to that. There are some things in 'psychotherapy' that have no foundation in the bible but are true. This is pro'ly one of them.

Unless such psycotherapy is backed by scripture.

A_K_O:

which isnt exactly true because there are loads of non-christians attaining the highest heights in life. The bible even says in Proverbs the hands of the diligent maketh rich, not the 'christian' diligent or the hands of the righteous diligent. Cheers.

depends on what you mean by "altitude". If, as is common to most "christians" of today, altitude means physical success then you are right. When i mean altitude i talk of it in a spiritual sense . . . Paul reached an altitude that many of us christians would love to achieve today . . . Stephen, James, John were all men who walked so close with the Lord that He called them friends . . . they were not necessarily rich men.

We place way too much emphasis on "attaining the highest heights in life" and forget so true a warning - Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Principles / Can Righteouseness Save U Fom God Punishment / Jesus Christ - The First In Everything - The Alpha And The Omega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.