Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,902 members, 7,902,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 07:23 PM

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? (18956 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? / Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by ayobase(m): 5:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Kabieosi:

Adam needed no babysitter, he was a grown man and administrator capable enough to be left in charge of the keeping of Eden

but Adam was headstrong, he was intent on having he's own way

Adam was not deceived, nor aided and abetted by Satan

There is a Redeemer - Adam and Eve's off-springs are not condemned for eternity

At the appropriate time, sin will be dealt with and it will exist no more

So what is the complaint, what is the grumble about?

Put on your shades, the future is bright smiley

Thanks!
Don't mind the 'egberes' always crying for no cause!

I'm out of here!

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by ProfChris10(m): 5:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
Tayerulz: So why did God give you understanding, why did he create it in the first place? Are you saying one should choose where to apply one's understanding, isn't that laziness and foolishness? Religion promotes laziness! Always waiting for 'God' to do everything for them.
I pray you have an encounter with God. with all man's wisdom and knowledge, great scientific breakthroughs, still it has not solved the problems in the world. yeah knowledge is good, understanding is nice, God gave us these to help us, but you enquiring into mysteries is something you need the help of the holy spirit and you ask in humility not in pride as to justify your human knowledge. Stay blessed.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by alubeze1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
That is to show that he is still God. If all those things are not put in place, who will recognize the omnipotent and omnipresence of God? Yet, He is still God and should not be questioned by any man.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by creativemusic: 5:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
haba which kin question bi dis? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by yuncka: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ok, d first 2 sin among dem is Adam.
Satan didnt sin, he rebeled against God and in d process he introduced sin. SIN means 'Satanic In Nature' because its a state of mind dat makes U reason lyk satan.
Few moments later, satan started d transfer of sin Unto man wen he decieved Eve in Eden.

Adam is D first sinner, correct me if am wrong.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=yuncka]Ok, d first 2 sin among dem is Adam.
Satan didnt sin, he rebeled against God and in d process he introduced sin. SIN means 'Satanic In Nature' because its a state of mind dat makes U reason lyk satan.
Few moments later, satan started d transfer of sin Unto man wen he decieved Eve in Eden.

Adam is D first sinner, correct me if am wrong.[/quote
who be dis guy?
if adam was d 1st sinner,wot then was eve sef
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by harmless(m): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2013
End time tins.... I would imagine for all intents and purposes, since you actually acknowledge there is God who supposedly created issues in the garden of eden... Then you would acknowledge he is awesomely powerful beyond your imagination, and what the God wants is for everyone to do good. Then quite honestly and sincerely dont you feel its in your own best interest to be in His good books. God has laid out His cards, clear and simple, I am the almighty, accept me and do good to your fellow man, how simple can that be, then some decide to make things complicated for themselves... What if i did this, or why did God allow this, or this is so contradictory... You dont know the magnitude of the power God holds, you have no idea what you are dealing with, and you want to debate about it..... For me its enough that God is good, i can live with that, following a Good God that is all powerful, i really dont know what you can live with or stand for, but i do urge you to accept and follow the God that is good and all power full.....Jesus is Lord

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Orikinla(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Satan.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by omiobo: 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
The first human being to commit sin was Adam,satan is not human. Satan's sin could have in no way affected human being if Adam and Eve didn't eat the forbidden apple.

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Neoluv(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mcfynest(m): 6:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
RationalDude: Romans 5:12

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.

Can you explain what that verse is talking about? It says Adam was one man, you say he was a nation so who do I believe?

so
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Sagamite(m): 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2013
plaetton: Another simple question.
Who committed the first act of disobedience and usurped the blissful paradise of peace of both heaven and earth?
Was it the Satan or Adam?

If it was Satan, common sense would have required God to shield the newly created earth, especially impressionable newborns like Adam and Eve, from the influences of Satan .
To have allowed that to happen would have been gross negligence of the highest form.

Even more absurd is the fact that the impressionable newborns are thereafter punished for an event that should not have happened if the right measures had been taken.

Even more absurd is that the innocent offsprings of Adam and Eve are condemned for eternity for no sins of their own , but for the lapse in judgement of the first Babysitter.

The God of virtually all religions, especially the major ones, definitely lacks common sense.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
mcfynest:

so
Ummmm........ It says Adam is one man, not a nation.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by DeeOneBangin: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
Those of you blaspheming ehn, On Judgement day God will flash back ur posts on Nairaland. #Okbye
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by RationalDude(m): 7:17pm On Sep 26, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
Those of you blaspheming ehn, On Judgement day God will flash ur back ur posts on Nairaland. #Okbye
So, God surfs the internet, he even visits nairaland. Tell me something.

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by laclass(m): 7:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
To find out who committed it first i will like you to reason small with me from the scriptures and correct your insinuation my brother.This is the reason.It all started this way, When Satan led Adam and Eve into disobeying Jehovah, an important question was raised. Satan did not call into question Jehovah’s power. Even Satan knows that there is no limit to Jehovah’s power. Rather, Satan questioned Jehovah’s right to rule. By calling God a liar who withholds good from his subjects, Satan charged that Jehovah is a bad ruler. (Genesis 3:2-5) Satan implied that mankind would be better off without God’s ruler-ship. This was an attack on Jehovah’s sovereignty, his right to rule.

Adam and Eve rebelled against Jehovah. In effect, they said: “We do not need Jehovah as our Ruler. We can decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.” How could Jehovah settle that issue? How could he teach all intelligent creatures that the rebels were wrong and that his way truly is best? Someone might say that God should simply have destroyed the rebels and made a fresh start. But Jehovah had stated his purpose to fill the earth with the offspring of Adam and Eve, and he wanted them to live in an earthly paradise. (Genesis 1:28) Jehovah always fulfills his purposes. (Isaiah 55:10, 11) Besides that, getting rid of the rebels in Eden would not have answered the question that had been raised regarding Jehovah’s right to rule.

Let us consider an illustration. Imagine that a teacher is telling his students how to solve a difficult problem. A clever but rebellious student claims that the teacher’s way of solving the problem is wrong. Implying that the teacher is not capable, this rebel insists that he knows a much better way to solve the problem. Some students think that he is right, and they also become rebellious. What should the teacher do? If he throws the rebels out of the class, what will be the effect on the other students? Will they not believe that their fellow student and those who joined him are right? All the other students in the class might lose respect for the teacher, thinking that he is afraid of being proved wrong. But suppose that the teacher allows the rebel to show the class how he would solve the problem.
Jehovah has done something similar to what the teacher does. Remember that the rebels in Eden were not the only ones involved. Millions of angels were watching. (Job 38:7; Daniel 7:10) How Jehovah handled the rebellion would greatly affect all those angels and eventually all intelligent creation. So, what has Jehovah done? He has allowed Satan to show how he would rule mankind. God has also allowed humans to govern themselves under Satan’s guidance.

The teacher in our illustration knows that the rebel and the students on his side are wrong. But he also knows that allowing them the opportunity to try to prove their point will benefit the whole class. When the rebels fail, all honest students will see that the teacher is the only one qualified to lead the class. They will understand why the teacher thereafter removes any rebels from the class. Similarly, Jehovah knows that all honest hearted humans and angels will benefit from seeing that Satan and his fellow rebels have failed and that humans cannot govern themselves. Like Jeremiah of old, they will learn this vital truth: “I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.”—Jeremiah 10:23.

5 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
satan sinned first but everything was planned by God. God knew it will happen this way, he has a purpose and plan.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Taiw(m): 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
God works in ways that is incomprehensible to man.These re Jus one of the ways.He sees d end from the beginning n no doubt has all answers to your questions. He is not a God of deceit. He is just. He have man the ability to choose n Adam choose wrongly.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by adepojuis: 7:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
Since there was no given law B4 adam existed,then there was no sin.but immediately adam was given a law(u must not eat of d fruit) sin exist.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Miscellaneous(m): 7:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
laclass:

To find out who committed it first i will like you to reason small with me from the scriptures and correct your insinuation my brother.This is the reason.It all started this way, When Satan led Adam and Eve into disobeying Jehovah, an important question was raised. Satan did not call into question Jehovah’s power. Even Satan knows that there is no limit to Jehovah’s power. Rather, Satan questioned Jehovah’s right to rule. By calling God a liar who withholds good from his subjects, Satan charged that Jehovah is a bad ruler. (Genesis 3:2-5) Satan implied that mankind would be better off without God’s ruler-ship. This was an attack on Jehovah’s sovereignty, his right to rule.

Adam and Eve rebelled against Jehovah. In effect, they said: “We do not need Jehovah as our Ruler. We can decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong.” How could Jehovah settle that issue? How could he teach all intelligent creatures that the rebels were wrong and that his way truly is best? Someone might say that God should simply have destroyed the rebels and made a fresh start. But Jehovah had stated his purpose to fill the earth with the offspring of Adam and Eve, and he wanted them to live in an earthly paradise. (Genesis 1:28) Jehovah always fulfills his purposes. (Isaiah 55:10, 11) Besides that, getting rid of the rebels in Eden would not have answered the question that had been raised regarding Jehovah’s right to rule.

Let us consider an illustration. Imagine that a teacher is telling his students how to solve a difficult problem. A clever but rebellious student claims that the teacher’s way of solving the problem is wrong. Implying that the teacher is not capable, this rebel insists that he knows a much better way to solve the problem. Some students think that he is right, and they also become rebellious. What should the teacher do? If he throws the rebels out of the class, what will be the effect on the other students? Will they not believe that their fellow student and those who joined him are right? All the other students in the class might lose respect for the teacher, thinking that he is afraid of being proved wrong. But suppose that the teacher allows the rebel to show the class how he would solve the problem.
Jehovah has done something similar to what the teacher does. Remember that the rebels in Eden were not the only ones involved. Millions of angels were watching. (Job 38:7; Daniel 7:10) How Jehovah handled the rebellion would greatly affect all those angels and eventually all intelligent creation. So, what has Jehovah done? He has allowed Satan to show how he would rule mankind. God has also allowed humans to govern themselves under Satan’s guidance.

The teacher in our illustration knows that the rebel and the students on his side are wrong. But he also knows that allowing them the opportunity to try to prove their point will benefit the whole class. When the rebels fail, all honest students will see that the teacher is the only one qualified to lead the class. They will understand why the teacher thereafter removes any rebels from the class. Similarly, Jehovah knows that all honest hearted humans and angels will benefit from seeing that Satan and his fellow rebels have failed and that humans cannot govern themselves. Like Jeremiah of old, they will learn this vital truth: “I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.”—Jeremiah 10:23.

20,000+ likes

may ALMIGHTY GOD increase ur understanding. . . .

I av alot to say but u've jst simplified the whole thing. . . . atheists/satanists are failures. . .they dont knw but they might later.

Some say make satan write him own book. . Ah jst laff. . .deluded humans

may God help us all

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by meforyou1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
From 'my book of bible stories, the question should have been serpent or eve?'

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Repentance(m): 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ray McBlue: Who Sinned First, God Or Adam? suited the topic best, IMO.
May God av mercy on u.
God was the instigator, he allowed Satan to roam free knowing fully well that naive Couples like Adam and Evil would be susceptible to his charms, which begs the question: What was god's game plan? What's the point of telling Adam not to eat the forbidden fruit and yet allowed the serpent to slunk about, unchecked? I think god committed the first sin of deceit, long before Adam ate the fruit. I think god was Machiavellian in that regard.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by uhuogba(m): 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2013
FAITH= believing even when there is no fact
Jesus said to Thomas " you have seen me, have you believed? blessed are those that didn't see yet they believed"
When it comes to religion, You can't simply apply Human logic.
Your logic may seem to flaw the supremacy of God but in reality he is still supreme. Your logic adds or subtracts nothing.
He simply has his ways of doing things and who are we to question Him?
One day we will all come to the full knowledge of things when there will be no mystery and you all will laugh hard at your today's "supposedly" intelligence and wonder "so I was this stupid?"

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 8:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
laclass:

this is just a way to defend God, I am a christian but the truth is that God planned everything that has happened, the concept of freewill is only an illusion, at least to an extent.

If God did not want Adam to sin, he won't sin, the reason he sinned is because God allowed it.

think of this:

1) God did not want adam to sin and yet he kept the forbidden fruit in the garden of eden?
2) God made the fruit pleasing to eve's eye
3) God allowed a tempter into the garden.

Now its simple, if God did not want adam and eve to be tempted, then he won't cause the above,, he has a planned and that's why he allowed all the above, the concept of freewill is only an illusion, if God did not want adam and eve to sin, then he would not border creating them since he has seen how the future would be, the fact that he went on to create them means he allowed every thing that happened and thus he has a plan, nothing can happen against God's purpose.

this is simply what happened, trying to defend God in this case is not the key, it would only bring about confusion.

3 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2013
Then if God knew Eve would make Adam commit sin why did God create Eve?

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 26, 2013
Juell: Isaiah 55:9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways, and
my thoughts than your thoughts.

@OP God has the power to make us like robots, programme us to only do good. But he chose to give us free will, and that's the reason why u hav the guts to come and say wat u think u know using ur little human understanding to question The Almighty God. Mercy for ur soul.

Hello my friend dat is y Negros never go far always instigating fear....Look he is just asking a question so if u a ''daft'' can't give him a resonable answer just get lost from this thread.....

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by manny4life(m): 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
haibe:

this is just a way to defend God, I am a christian but the truth is that God planned everything that has happened, the concept of freewill is only an illusion, at least to an extent.

If God did not want Adam to sin, he won't sin, the reason he sinned is because God allowed it.

think of this:

1) God did not want adam to sin and yet he kept the forbidden fruit in the garden of eden?
2) God made the fruit pleasing to eve's eye
3) God allowed a tempter into the garden.

Now its simple, if God did not want adam and eve to be tempted, then he won't cause the above,, he has a planned and that's why he allowed all the above, the concept of freewill is only an illusion, if God did not want adam and eve to sin, then he would not border creating them since he has seen how the future would be, the fact that he went on to create them means he allowed every thing that happened and thus he has a plan, nothing can happen against God's purpose.

this is simply what happened, trying to defend God in this case is not the key, it would only bring about confusion.

You call yourself a Christian and this is all you could come up with?

Go and steal tomorrow, or rather, let an armed robber convince you into robbery, and when you get caught you blame God. Then ask God,

1. God did not want me to steal yet he sent an armed robber to come to my house

2. God made the temptation of seeing robbery a good deal, after all, God created the things you're about to steal

Blame God for your own actions and then blame God... Pathetic.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 26, 2013
I beta run before this dude brain Washington me
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2013
uhuogba: FAITH= believing even when there is no fact
Jesus said to Thomas " you have seen me, have you believed? blessed are those that didn't see yet they believed"
When it comes to religion, You can't simply apply Human logic.
Your logic may seem to flaw the supremacy of God but in reality he is still supreme. Your logic adds or subtracts nothing.
He simply has his ways of doing things and who are we to question Him?
One day we will all come to the full knowledge of things when there will be no mystery and you all will laugh hard at your today's "supposedly" intelligence and wonder "so I was this stupid?"

you make sense, let us have faith in how God has made everything turn out, we may be surprised at the end that it is all for our own good.
however we shouldn't put blame on adam too, he couldn't have acted above Gid's plan.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by sleekman(m): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2013
I see the spirit of blasphemy at the door so I simply shut the door and move on to the next thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Dr Myles Munroe And His Wife Dead In Plane Crash / HELP; I Can't Pray Any More. / Coronavirus: Anglican Church Stops Communion From One Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.