Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,397 members, 7,968,070 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 05:16 PM

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? (19052 Views)

Can God Forgive Satan Or Can Satan Ask For Forgiveness? / Satan Or Serpent:Who Was Cursed? / Lucifer Is Not Satan Or The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by stallion2: 9:12pm On Sep 26, 2013
plaetton: Another simple question.
Who committed the first act of disobedience and usurped the blissful paradise of peace of both heaven and earth?
Was it the Satan or Adam?

If it was Satan, common sense would have required God to shield the newly created earth, especially impressionable newborns like Adam and Eve, from the influences of Satan .
To have allowed that to happen would have been gross negligence of the highest form.

Even more absurd is the fact that the impressionable newborns are thereafter punished for an event that should not have happened if the right measures had been taken.

Even more absurd is that the innocent offsprings of Adam and Eve are condemned for eternity for no sins of their own , but for the lapse in judgement of the first Babysitter.
if (A) deceived (B), then (A) is the first sinner
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 9:13pm On Sep 26, 2013
manny4life:

You call yourself a Christian and this is all you could come up with?

Go and steal tomorrow, or rather, let an armed robber convince you into robbery, and when you get caught you blame God. Then ask God,

1. God did not want me to steal yet he sent an armed robber to come to my house

2. God made the temptation of seeing robbery a good deal, after all, God created the things you're about to steal

Blame God for your own actions and then blame God... Pathetic.

I won't do any of the above because he has given me the grace now to overcome temptations, Adam and eve likely did not have this grace.

Its a fact that God is omniscient, before he created them he knew they would sin, if he did not want the action, he could have not created them but he went on to create them.

if you think it was Adam's fault that he sinned then you must think again, before he sinned God could have stopped him from sinning and thus save generations, yes God has the power to stop man from sinning but he allowed adam to sin, which begs the question, what is God's plan for mankind? .

The idea of God not wanting to interfere with Adam because of freewill is just illogical, consider it, isn't it better to create robots and save them from suffering than to create man with freewill and end up suffering, the idea of extreme freewill is an illusion, because if our will is against God's plan he won't allow the will to take place.

A typical example is the case of abimelech, have you ever wondered why God restrained him from lieing with Abrahams wife, I mean God told him "I stopped you from sinning against me", have you wondered why God interrupted his freewill? ?

My friend, every thing that happened in eden is God's plan, it could not have happened if God did not want it to happen, let us watch as God's plan for mankind unfolds, its better than putting all the blame on the helpless Adam who perhaps had no grace to overcome the tempter.

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Chiemeka1: 9:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Man was made in the likeness of God and as God had choice it is the same way man had his own choice to make. The nature of Jesus was the same as the nature of Adam before the high treason, even Jesus was tempted. According to Genesis2:16_17 " And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, " Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, in the day that you eat of eat you shall surely die." In that garden we also have the tree of life which can make them live forever but they chose the evil tree because of their lust. It is plainly shown that we have the choice to inherit eternal life or destruction in Deuteronomy30:15, 19 " See, I have set before you today life and good, death and evil. 19 " I call heaven and earth as witnesses today agains you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." God being a just God had given us His Son to die on the cross that He may pay the penalty of our sin which eternal damnation. (Isaiah53:6_7) "All we like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, everyone, to his own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth." brethren Jesus loves you all, how I wish you will realise how He suffered on the cross. The One knew no sin was made sin for us that we might become the righteousness of God. (Hebrew 2:14) " Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil." Brethren all this your unnecessary arguements has been settled by God, it is left for us to play our own role. No wonder He said in John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life." That past glory which you are trying to restore lies at your door. Revelation3:20 " Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Receive Jesus into your life because life without Jesus is life full of destruction. "Live for Jesus, Live for glory and Live to die no more." May you be blessed as you reconnect to your Vine.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by shegsrules(m): 9:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Mind u Adam was innocent till eve came 2 d garden n everytn changed. Adam no chop apple 4 many yes till dem create eve ohhhh
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mazaje(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2013
Different explanation and opinions from different people all geared towards explaining mythology away. . .SMH. .

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
mazaje: Different explanation and opinions from different people all geared towards explaining mythology away. . .SMH. .

He he he. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by HUGES: 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2013
Wow! I wld hv loved to be the 1st to comment so I can warn u (my christian brothers) that this thread does not belong to us, so we should just read and pass by or at most shout 'HALLELUYAH, THANK U JESUS' and then walk by.
When u see a thread that is designed by d seemingly wise men of this world, we shld understand that they have an agenda; they are not after their selves but after u the christian, to get u debating. But u shld understand that these ppl dont seek d LIGHT, they are here to scorn our Father. And rmbr we dnt wrestle against flesh and blood, d folks we deal with are principalities.
This is not d kind of issue christians discuss, or rather this piece was not designed to edify us. We chose to b fools 4 Christ in dis life (relative to d wise folks of dis world), so dont stress urselves to explain d mystery of Eden etc to these ppl. Som tims demons hide behind computers,lol, its d mystery of d virtual world
Well lol, jst in case u see such thread in the future, so we'ld knw wat to do
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2013
mazaje: Different explanation and opinions from different people all geared towards explaining mythology away. . .SMH. .

you do not have to comment if you don't have an answer.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by haibe(m): 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
HUGE_S: way I wld hv loved to be the 1st to comment so I can warn u (my christian brothers) that this thread does not belong to us, so we should just read and pass by or at most shout 'HALLELUYAH, THANK U JESUS' and then walk by.
When u see a thread that is designed by d seemingly wise men of this world, we shld understand that they have an agenda; they are not after their selves but after u the christian, to get u debating. But u shld understand that these ppl dont seek d LIGHT, they are here to scorn d our Father. And rmbr we dnt wrestle against flesh and blood, d folks we deal with are principalities.
Well lol, jst in case u see such tihred in the future, so we'ld knw wat to do

you are right bro.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Image123(m): 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
The OP and the fans should be asking,
Am i a sinner?
Who is going to deliver me from sin and when?
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Emisco1(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2013
Lot of jehovah witness and children of herbalist/babalawo on nairaland. God is jst xo merciful if nt starting 4rm d creator of ds thread 2 hs folower wuld hve turn in2 a pillar of dangote cement

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by trolling(m): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
in the heavenly realm,its Lucifer....in the physical realm its Eve but Adam was liable because he consented to sin...mind you Adam n Eve was forewarned...i'll stop here cuz if i go further you can blaspheme and that is eternal condemnation for you going by your reasoning
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by aladon10: 10:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
All of you shut up, don't 4get that God created everything me, you and everything up lifted humans above all other beings something you created can you do what ever you want with it ehen? Imagine something that we should all be greatful and thankful we are there saying all sort of thing abeg let da lying dog sleep.........
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by ATMC(f): 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
Those of you blaspheming ehn, On Judgement day God will flash back ur posts on Nairaland. #Okbye
laugh out loud reallll hard
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by ATMC(f): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
RationalDude: So, God surfs the internet, he even visits nairaland. Tell me something.
lol

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2013
Image123: The OP and the fans should be asking,
Am i a sinner?
Who is going to deliver me from sin and when?

Well,s since everyone is a sinner, everyone is guilty of one sin or another, calling anyone a sinner is kind of silly.
The only savior from sin is the self, and the only antidote for sin is simply to stop sinning.

But first, you have to define sin from the viewpoint of a non-consumer of religilous #**#

1 Like

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
The first & only foolish thing I ever did in my life was to click on this thread shit...... But these above comments never made me regret it that much. Anyway, God knew Adam was big enough to be babysitted so he gave him some freedom. Adam misused it due to the illuminative "truth" coated lie Satan told him. Adam wanted to be like God (reminds me of Jay-Z a.k.a {J}HOVA) and he got it served (me sef fit fall into d same temptation if I were in his shoes though). God was too kind to have given us freedom of decision. We should have been like robots programmed to serve only Him. *period*
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Emisco1(m): 10:54pm On Sep 26, 2013
plaetton:

A threat?
See how useless your mind has rotted?
The threat of violence is the best your *## god-infected brain offer.
Pity.
gt out. U ds anti-christ
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
plaetton:

Why don't you just donate your brain for medical research, since you have just stated that God should have made you a lobotomized zombie.?
Surely, you don't need a brain to worship god till eternity.
Do you?
dude, if I donate brain how does that profit u or me? I only said God shoulda made us like robots since he didn't should I go against his will or just enjoy dis privilege? If I hadn't a brain, PINKIES like u should knw there's no way I would think of serving God
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Juell(m): 11:07pm On Sep 26, 2013
Rolly83:

Hello my friend dat is y Negros never go far always instigating fear....Look he is just asking a question so if u a ''daft'' can't give him a resonable answer just get lost from this thread.....

U empty head better go back to de hole u crept out of, wat hav u contributed to the topic? Nothing cos u dnt hav de slightest clue.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by mithel(m): 11:15pm On Sep 26, 2013
Sigh, these are issues you think about,

I still think we are just play things for amusement,look at job for example,all his predicaments were just for a Bet mind you the story circles around only Job, what about the children that died(they were people too), probably had people who loved them too, people they helped, who upon their death suffered too, we were made in the likeness by a Perfector,yet we have children born with Downs,megaencephaly,scoliosis etc,are they in that likeness bracket too, we hear they are made to glorify the name(but how does even glorify) plus we have to remember those children are people too,and they are already disadvantaged, they say its visiting the sins of the father on this generations,arent the generations people too??no freewill to make something of their lives because they are play things And also i thought those visiting the sins of father on generation ssis old testament ish, i thought it was said i new testament that all things are passed away.....we are just toys for amusements, some made in more bad shape than others

2 Likes

Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by emmyskies(m): 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
Ray McBlue: Who Sinned First, God Or Adam? suited the topic best, IMO.

God was the instigator, he allowed Satan to roam free knowing fully well that naive Couples like Adam and Evil would be susceptible to his charms, which begs the question: What was god's game plan? What's the point of telling Adam not to eat the forbidden fruit and yet allowed the serpent to slunk about, unchecked? I think god committed the first sin of deceit, long before Adam ate the fruit. I think god was Machiavellian in that regard.
may GOD Almighty forgive you for you know not what you are doing
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Nobody: 12:09am On Sep 27, 2013
Sagamite:

The God of virtually all religions, especially the major ones, definitely lacks common sense.
You Obviously Lack Opolo #YOLO
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by DECOtech(m): 12:18am On Sep 27, 2013
wink
Kabieosi:
Put on your shades, the future is bright smiley
I just love this expression cheesy
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by ozoemeka(m): 12:25am On Sep 27, 2013
Scenario:

You have a first born son, you keep him from watching tv and don't buy him a phone. (Your reasoning is that your son is a stellar student and you see he is capable of reaching the stars. You ALSO notice that he is VERY VERY easily distracted, so you keep him from the distractions - phone and tv.) Your son has never seen a tv, nor ever had a phone and thus assumes, all households function normally like his. (You, being the elder, the father can see that if your son gets a phone - say an Iphone 5(which you can EASILY afford for him and would love to) - he is bound to end up getting attention from ALL types of girls which may lead to him losing focus from becoming the best he can be (AND THEN getting girls) and end up following wrong attention, sleeping with a girl and then getting her pregnant and shutting his dreams down. Or maybe he ends up lking the attention, wanting to be cool, and ends up in a gang which in turn takes him to prison and SHUTS his dreams down.

As a father you FORSEE all this, do you explain to him EVERY single reason why? No, you just easily solve the problem by preventing access to these things in the first place. THEN you point out those things to them and say "Son, do not ever watch that box , you will die" (You are NOT lying to him, if he does watch the tv, he will engage in activities that WILL lead to his death), the beginning of a criminal in jail started with ONE LITTLE TINY NEGLIGIBLE THING - that's how it starts.

So a drug dealer tells him and his friend that they won't die if they watch TV. (they don't know he is a drug dealer) And he puts on a very interesting show for them, and voila they did not DROP DEAD. So did your son DISOBEY you or not? (mind you, you have provided OTHER forms of VERY WELL MEANING, LIVELY entertainment for your son) should he be punished?

-
RationalDude: A grown man that didn't know what unclothedness meant or that he was naked for that matter. He was a baby put in the body of a man and as such was a naive fellow. Why was god always coming to check up on him if he was fully capable of taking care of the garden?

his way? What are you on about?

He had no choice but to eat the damn fruit, his soulmate had already done the same without falling dead, he also would have assumed that god lied to them.

How convenient

What is sin?

Read the op again but this time carefully.

After we must have completely obliterated ourselves because of our beliefs.
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Forwetinnah: 1:13am On Sep 27, 2013
RationalDude: And Eve does not mean a person, it means a continent......... and that continent is the home of all amazonian warrior princess(es)........ they are the daughters of Asherah.

Funny how you ignored her in your explanation, I just thought I should help you out.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin ... Nairaland woyee! thanks for spotting Obadiahs brought up. Obadiah isn't a Nairalander, he's that planet(ie Eden) where Adam's nation and Eve's Amazon princesses started their early life
. Some people are writing their very own epic movie script all in the name of interpreting the Bible..Steven Speilberg over to you o!
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by buoye1(m): 1:35am On Sep 27, 2013
1john3v8 says He that committeth sinneth is of the devil(satan);for the devil(satan)sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the son of God was manifested to destroy the works of the devil(satan)......Satan sin first when he proposed in his mind of assuming the position of the ALMIGTHY God....he was caLled Angel *lucifer*(not sure of the spelling)
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by Owobobrown(m): 2:06am On Sep 27, 2013
nobody in this nairaland knows.or understand God intention so don't say shit cause their no eye witness,please don't make God angry, remember he's watching you in HD
Re: Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? by plaetton: 2:33am On Sep 27, 2013
Owobo brown: nobody in this nairaland knows.or understand God intention so don't say shit cause their no eye witness,please don't make God angry, remember he's watching you in HD
Hmmm!
So no one really understands god's intentions, even with the bible as a guide, huh?

Well, thank you a million for that important truth, and also reminding US that religion is all POO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Picture Of Goodluck Jonathan On His Knees Praying For Nigeria / William Kumuyi Celebrates 81st Birthday Today / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.