Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,856 members, 7,899,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 05:23 AM

Sweden Visa Applicatio - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sweden Visa Applicatio (6940 Views)

Sweden Student Visa Denied Once. Can I Apply Again? / Information About Sweden Visa / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by tinkinfela(m): 12:06am On Aug 28, 2008
it takes approximately 8-10 weeks. However, it could take longer for special reasons. Mine actually took 3 weeks
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by reachabeyy: 12:44am On Aug 28, 2008
thinkinfella will i be interviewed on my appointment day or i just drop my application and relevant doc then wait to hear from them
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by tinkinfela(m): 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
You would be interviewed both on your appointment day, and when you go for collection.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by yomickey(m): 1:12pm On Aug 28, 2008
thanks tinkinfela for ur reply, will get back to you if i need more info.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by futluze(m): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
Hi tinkinfela, man am really worried about my application, the school i applied to BTH will be resuming on the 1st of september and at the 15th at d latest,
And still the embassy has not made a decision on my case, honestly am tired of the embassy i don't actually know what is wrong with them seriousely,

The other time i called abuja they said there's no decision tey for those who applied from june and mine is almost eight weeks and my friends own is 10weeks now ,
i asked the consular a woman what is the delay she couldn't say nothing she was like , hmn!, what do you think i can do since the school will be resuming on the 1st,
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by kingville(m): 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2008
Hi promise2,
Can we talk am online this my id
feelkc2000@yahoo.ca.

And please i want to go for my masters in sweden
please can anyone assist me by giving me details
of what they need and the websites of the schools
to apply.Thanks all
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by promise2(f): 8:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
Kingville,
can i know why you want us to chat?
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by futluze(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
Hi tinkinfela

Please can you add me so that we can chat need to talk to ya. donatus_0@yahoo.com that is my e-mail address.

The embassy are still processing my application and i want to know the latest developement in school.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by IykeD(m): 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2008
I have interest in this and i have read all your posts, nice one.Now i want to go do my masters in Sweden next year ie 2009 academic session, when do i start applying.
Secondly, the visa applicant must have funds in his account, how much is required to be eligible for visa.Please provide answers ASAP.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by dapsycool(m): 9:51am On Sep 03, 2008
all undergraduate students should apply to Finland, cos the sweden embassy rarely gives visa for undergraduate, the requirement is 4.5million in your personal bank statement, no fraud, them go catch you. Masters too can try Finland its easier to get visa, i got mine in 3weeks.

But if you got money go to sweden, but they can take 10 to 12 weeks to process your visa.

All na shengen, make all of una come, so we can form a large community here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by futluze(m): 12:38pm On Sep 03, 2008
Dapsycool how u dey na ur guy 4 surulere agu friend, no mention my name 4 here pls, send me e-mail and tell me what befall you on your journey to finland.

And shey na d finish girl u dey stay with abi na dat ur guy. wey u tell me try send me e-mail not here in naira land make we yarn well and tell me the time wey u dey always dey online make we yarn,
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by lonlytroy(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2008
i am in ekpoma, edo state, f anybody can please tell me how to go about securing a swedish visa.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by kingville(m): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2008
dapsycool
how are you doing?How far with the finland and sweden stuff
we talked yesterday but u were very busy can u come online
i got the certified copies ready now.
this my email feelkc2000@yahoo.ca
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by alimzzy: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hi promise2,
Dont feel about ur refusal, i had similar experience last year at the british council, so stay tight, when re-applying try to fill all their conditions your refusal letter in the first application and the sky is your stepping stone.

can we talk about this sweden thing, cos for me British Council don too chop my money, maybe i cud try sweden for a change.

alimzzy@yahoo.com
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by promise2(f): 1:05pm On Sep 04, 2008
[Insert Quote
all undergraduate students should apply to Finland, because the sweden embassy rarely gives visa for undergraduate, the requirement is 4.5million in your personal bank statement, no fraud, them go catch you. Masters too can try Finland its easier to get visa, i got mine in 3weeks.
dapsycool , Could you pls give me details about finland Education, is their tuition so expensive? I want to do post graduate programme in Business administration.
Please kindly mail me nnemise@yahoo.com
Expecting your reply.
Thanks.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by yomickey(m): 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
promise2:

[Insert Quote
all undergraduate students should apply to Finland, because the sweden embassy rarely gives visa for undergraduate, the requirement is 4.5million in your personal bank statement, no fraud, them go catch you. Masters too can try Finland its easier to get visa, i got mine in 3weeks.
dapsycool , Could you please give me details about finland Education, is their tuition so expensive? I want to do post graduate programme in Business administration.
Please kindly mail me nnemise@yahoo.com
Expecting your reply.
Thanks.

@promise2
Finnish schools are also free tuition just like their Swedish counterparts.
Check online and you will get all schools in Finland where you can do your Master's degree.
Best of luck.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by promise2(f): 1:21pm On Sep 04, 2008
Yomicky,
I have checked via google but is like Finland education is no longer free.
If you have some schools that offer free tuition pls kindly forward to me.
Thanks.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by yomickey(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2008
promise2:

Yomicky,
I have checked via google but is like Finland education is no longer free.
If you have some schools that offer free tuition please kindly forward to me.
Thanks.

Try www.hse.fi/EN since you want to do your Master's in Business Administration. Remember that it is free tuition and as a result getting admission is very competitive. I wish you the very best. Let me know of the outcome.
Cheers.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by Austinrenn: 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2008
Studying in Finland is free and no tuition fees are accepted. I applied @ the swden embassy for my student residential permit for studies on July 24th, since then they've not taken a decision on my application. I mailed the migration board in Norrkoping, only for them to tell me that, they received my application in sweden on August 8th.

I got an admission to study International Relations @ Malmo University. Last day for registration is Sept 19th. I'm praying really hard for my permit to get sorted out before 19th, cuz i know some guys who got thier permit within 3 weeks.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by promise2(f): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2008
Yomicky,
I have checked the web site but found out that the school collect tuition, pls check this site www.hseee.fi/content.php
And also see this info below,

Admission and Tuition Fee

Welcome to join our MBA Program. Our next program starts in January 2009. We are currently accepting applications, the deadline is November 26, 2008.

Applicants will receive an acknowledgement that their application has been received.

Applicants will be informed of admission or non-acceptance. In order to be considered a selected participant of the HSE MBA Program, an applicant must receive and accept an offer of participation.

Tuition fee

Tuition of the HSE MBA Program 2009 is 27 000 EUR (+ VAT 22%) and books 2 500 EUR (+ VAT 8%).

The program tuition is payable in three installments in January, September and March the following year.

Visiting non-degree students are charged a tuition fee of 1900 EUR (+ VAT 22%) per module, unless there is a specific agreement between a school and HSE which stipulates otherwise. Company-sponsored professionals wishing to take courses are handled on a case-by-case basis by the Program Director.

If a student for any reason discontinues his/her studies in the MBA Program without graduating, or is forced to leave due to inadequate academic performance or any otleher reason, paid tuition is not refundable
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by dapsycool(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2008
its still free in finland, im presently there
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by promise2(f): 12:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
its still free in finland, im presently there

Dapsycool, could you give the list of schools that are still free. so that i can apply.

How is life over there? as a Nigerian student and can you work while you also study.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by yomickey(m): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2008
@all,
Good that we have someone there who can give full info but I know tuition in Finland is still free. Lets await info from dapsycool.
all the best.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by promise2(f): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
DAPSYCOOL,
i saw that your location reads HELSINKI FINLAND and i checked for University of Helsinki and found out that tuition is free, see below,

[b]No tuition fees
Finnish universities have no tuition fees for regular degree students - education is subsidised by the State through the Ministry of Education. This also applies to the international degree students and to exchange and visiting students as well.

Student Union fee
The Student Unions of the various universities, however, charge an annual membership fee to cover their activities. At the University Helsinki, the fee is c. €75 for the 2008-2009 academic year. Student health care contribution is included in this fee.

Please note that the health care contribution is not health insurance; it allows students to use the student health care facilities provided by FSHS (Finnish Student Health Service). The Student Union membership is obligatory for undegraduate and graduate students (i.e. those studying for their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees). Postgraduate (Licentiate and PhD) students may join the Student Union if they wish. The International Student Services pay the fee for exchange student (coming to Helsinki through an exchange porgramme or agreenment). For health insurance information related to non-EU/EEA (third-country) citizens , see the Insurances Web page.

Estimated cost of living
All degree students have to pay for their books and other study materials as well as their accommodation and living expenses. The International Student Services pay the accomodation costs for exchange students. The total monthly living expenses of a single student average from €600 to €900 - depending on your spending habits.

The rent in a student dormitory and residence hall varies from €190 to €350 a month (in a single room). The rent for a family flat ranges from €450 to €859 a month.

Student status, and especially the Student Union membership, entitles students to various services at affordable prices as well as to an abundance of student discounts.[/b]

See site,http://www.helsinki.fi/studying/fees_and_costs.shtml

Pls confirm if is this school? and also if you have other school kindly tell us, especially for me to get alternative programmes.

Thanks.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by dapsycool(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2008
promise2:

DAPSYCOOL,
i saw that your location reads HELSINKI FINLAND and i checked for University of Helsinki and found out that tuition is free, see below,

[b]No tuition fees
Finnish universities have no tuition fees for regular degree students - education is subsidised by the State through the Ministry of Education. This also applies to the international degree students and to exchange and visiting students as well.

Student Union fee
The Student Unions of the various universities, however, charge an annual membership fee to cover their activities. At the University Helsinki, the fee is c. €75 for the 2008-2009 academic year. Student health care contribution is included in this fee.

Please note that the health care contribution is not health insurance; it allows students to use the student health care facilities provided by FSHS (Finnish Student Health Service). The Student Union membership is obligatory for undegraduate and graduate students (i.e. those studying for their Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees). Postgraduate (Licentiate and PhD) students may join the Student Union if they wish. The International Student Services pay the fee for exchange student (coming to Helsinki through an exchange porgramme or agreenment). For health insurance information related to non-EU/EEA (third-country) citizens , see the Insurances Web page.

Estimated cost of living
All degree students have to pay for their books and other study materials as well as their accommodation and living expenses. The International Student Services pay the accomodation costs for exchange students. The total monthly living expenses of a single student average from €600 to €900 - depending on your spending habits.

The rent in a student dormitory and residence hall varies from €190 to €350 a month (in a single room). The rent for a family flat ranges from €450 to €859 a month.

Student status, and especially the Student Union membership, entitles students to various services at affordable prices as well as to an abundance of student discounts.[/b]

See site,http://www.helsinki.fi/studying/fees_and_costs.shtml

Please confirm if is this school? and also if you have other school kindly tell us, especially for me to get alternative programmes.

Thanks.

Tution is still free for now, if you wanna work to survive, choose schools around Helsinki, if you go to other smaller towns, you are on your own o! But if you stay in Helsinki, job sure for you, and it will be enough to cater for you.

add me to your messenger, we'll talk when im online or send me a mail
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by promise2(f): 3:20pm On Sep 06, 2008
Dapsycool,

Thank you for this info, i would have like to add you in my yahoo messenger list but do not have your email details.
Please kindly send me your email address@ nnemise@yahoo.com
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by Austinrenn: 10:34am On Sep 08, 2008
@Dapsycool

Hello,
thanks for the info ! You said " Schools around Helsinki", what are the names of the school around helsinki ? I know that Haaga- Helia UAS is in Helsinki, but i do not know any other school in Helsinki.

smiley
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by futluze(m): 1:13pm On Sep 12, 2008
Hi dapsycool how far now na ur guy 4 surulere wetin dey i never hear 4rm u since when u travel, tell me wetin dey on board now wetin dy happen 4 finland.
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by sojisoji: 12:17pm On Sep 15, 2008
Hey Dapsycool

My friends and I applied for the finland student thin d last time, the schools i choosed did not accept me, i will like you to add me on yahoo messenger i have a few questions to ask u, my yahoo ID searchingmiller19. i am always online. pls do add me.

thanks
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by coffri(f): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2008
hi, please can anyone tell me the how to apply to sweden schools and wat are their requirement as per GPA and will u send all ur transcript or WACE to the school. Also how long does it takes for the school to offer admission cos m looking at January section.

please kindly supply be Sweden schools and their site.

can anyone tell me where to get Canada Thread on this site too.

Love to u all and Wishing you all the very Best in ur Race.

May Good GOD help us all and Grant us all our Heart Desire (Amen)
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by samosward(m): 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2008
Hey Dapsycool,

Thanks for your contribution, in fact you are a blessing,
Could you please help me out with this Finland thing, I understand that the tuition fee is free but during the time I wrote some schools there, I was told the admission period has expired that I need to wait till November or January Admission,
What do you understand by this, are there still Schools in Finland that is still accepting students now?
You can PM me on Yahoo using my id samosward@yahoo.com , am always online,
Thanks
Re: Sweden Visa Applicatio by lumidii: 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2008
@ Promise2, Regular education is free in Finland, but not all MBAs are. It appears some MBA programs are run privately on a business model and being offered under a different set-up entirely. The same applies to Sweden. However, please be mindful that Sweden is thinking of following the footsteps of Denmark, 2009 will be the last time that Non-EU/EEA national will be allowed to study tuition free in Sweden. They are thinking of tapping into the huge market of charging International Students from outside the EU. No fees have been set at mo, but it is being deliberated upon, and they do feel that they would still remain a choice destination for International students.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Travel Abroad For Employment And / Or For Study / 10 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SW In Pictures / Find A Travel Partner / Find A Travel Buddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.