Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,144 members, 7,949,952 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:48 AM

SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week (10324 Views)

FG Avert SSANU Strike; Pays Outstanding Salaries / ASUU Strike Update: Jonathan Approves N400bn Lifeline –SSANU / SSANU Threatens Nationwide Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by victorv12(m): 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
The ex-minister of education is the main cause to these problems. Ruqayyatu Rufai should be arrested. She should be questioned to give account of what she's stolen. All these Jonathan's goons will finish Nigeria. There's massive looting in every sector of the economy. No wonder Nigerians are more divided than ever.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
rhema4u: With all the strikers everywhere, hope Nigeria will defeat Ethiopia............

grin Bros, u cudnt have said it better. But when is Nairaland striking?

Let them join the strike and let me see how Gej and his cohorts will celebrate Independence on Tuesday with strike everywhere. He's cluelessly busy holding meetings with his pdp against 2015 leaving the pressing issues to ridicule. I see no changes in Nigeria in the next 50yrs in things continue this way. Smh!

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Ojobojo1(m): 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2013
Insincere Nigerian, where u dey, come defend ur paymaster grin

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Hearme(m): 2:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
The correct information on this matter is that Nigeria is broke as earlier said by the minister of finance. The governors have been complaining of non payment of government subventions for the past 2 months. Mst of them used their savings. The universities that paid salaries used IGR with the hope government will pay before the subsequent month. Now, its all full stop as they can no longer pay another September salary.

Why is the government reducing what is to be shared from the federal allocation, which is creating ripple effect in states and some federal paralstatals? I hope it is not the aggressive looting for 2015 that's going on? Where is Maku, Okupe or Abati ? Is there no explanation for this nonsense or are they all in Newyork? We all await another lie on independence day. It is well Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by meccuno: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
i think that the govt should stop all these unnecessary attempt to ridicule the ASUU and just cede to their demands....now their counter part want to embark on a strike...sometimes i wonder what they do there in Abuja...its not like we are feeling the dividends of this democracy......what is all this ..... angry

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Afrok(m): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2013
For 3 months now it has been raining and thunder never striked only dt ASUU is doing d striking for thunder, with NASU nd SSANU threatening to join d strike next week I can only hope dt one day it shall be well. They say sometimes it gets worst before it gets better, am praying it doesn't get worse Dan dis before something positive is done. In other news Uniport continued releasing admission lists with registration in progress nd acceptance fee tripled...

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by onyxo76(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hearme: The correct information on this matter is that Nigeria is broke as earlier said by the minister of finance. The governors have been complaining of non payment of government subventions for the past 2 months. Mst of them used their savings. The universities that paid salaries used IGR with the hope government will pay before the subsequent month. Now, its all full stop as they can no longer pay another September salary.

Why is the government reducing what is to be shared from the federal allocation, which is creating ripple effect in states and some federal paralstatals? I hope it is not the aggressive looting for 2015 that's going on? Where is Maku, Okupe or Abati ? Is there no explanation for this nonsense or are they all in Newyork? We all await another lie on independence day. It is well Nigerians.
nigeria broke?? i beg to disagree, other MDA'S have been paid salary since 23rd of this month, its only the university workers that haven't received anything since july ending, this is a move to force university unions against ASUU which has not yielded any fruit so far... It's true some universities used IGR to settle August salary-my VC was summoned to Abuja to explain how he was able to pay salary for August just some 3 weeks ago. This FG had better stop all this rubbish and settle this issues once and for all instead of using useless tactics in turning university unions against each other.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by onyxo76(m): 2:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
Hearme: The correct information on this matter is that Nigeria is broke as earlier said by the minister of finance. The governors have been complaining of non payment of government subventions for the past 2 months. Mst of them used their savings. The universities that paid salaries used IGR with the hope government will pay before the subsequent month. Now, its all full stop as they can no longer pay another September salary.

nigeria broke?? i beg to disagree, other MDA'S have been paid salary since 23rd of this month, its only the university workers that haven't received anything since july ending, this is a move to force university unions against ASUU which has not yielded any fruit so far... It's true some universities used IGR to settle August salary-my VC was summoned to Abuja to explain how he was able to pay salary for August just some 3 weeks ago. This FG had better stop all this rubbish and settle this issues once and for all instead of using useless tactics in turning university unions against each other.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by pseudonomer: 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
this is serious o
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Samgreguc(m): 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
sirugos: This bunch of useless people should go and sit down. Just a month salary and they re shouting like a baby goat.... Politically motivated
they've gat to understand that if not tackled now, latter will be a problem.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by lacasa: 3:02pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wen u have a Retard governing you what else do you expect undecided
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Samgreguc(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
uceee: This would be comic if it was a movie. But it is a real and very unfortunate turn of events. Privatization is the way out.
It seems you don't understand the mumbled cataclysmic effect of privatising the educational sector. Let me tell you just one :- You can't protest when fees are increased no matter the level? Or can't you peep from what is happenning in private Unis?
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by joshuaidibia(m): 3:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
SSANU and NASU are both bunch of non-reasoning ppl. Just august salary,nd u're cmplaining. Wat of dos they have nt paid since june nkor? Nd u knw schools re on strike. So,i c no reason to waste money in paying u ppl while we're still at home. Go on strike jow. I dnt c hw it wil afect us. Na una go folo hungry. #SMH. Education is d key my A$$#

3 Likes

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Emezy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 27, 2013
Z high tym 4 me 2 strike. I no sure say Jesus go even fit rule 9ja.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by adebayosun02: 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2013
estyvino: They should be paid, cos they 've worked for it. Otherwise, Eegoo be double wahala...

Worked for it when?
~
Let the old fools site @ home since they are not lecturing any student or r they lecturing an empty classrooms?
~

I guess u r not a student or better still I guess the SSANU are teaching U privately @home. They are the genesis of this problem (where on earth can a prof still be in active service @ the age of 70yrs) now they are calling for salary when they are not discharging their duties. Let them sit @home cos they av not been working. I am quite sure their children are either in Private Unis or studying abroad so they felt not really concerned with the ongoing strike by their sister body only for them to be clamouring for salaries when their children r @ the edge of being push out of class due to no payment of the sch fees. I think let us all av a pinch of the current situation @hand and we all find a lasting solution to the problem.
~
By the way I am not spearing FG out of this, they are the chief farmer of this rot in our academic institutions, we the student should equally find away to convey our grievances on them and their children studying either abroad or in Private Unis.
~
Lastly, No work No pay.

1 Like

Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2013
In celine dion's voice;"This is getting serious,are u thinking about you or us..."
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Samchuky(m): 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2013
But wait o, why will all these unions want to embark on industrial action at the same time?
I really think some are politically motivated.

Abeg o, i no wan miss batch A service next yr o
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by mr9ceguy3413: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
sirugos: This bunch of useless people should go and sit down. Just a month salary and they re shouting like a baby goat.... Politically motivated
I'm nt sorry to say this, u such an insensitive fool...c'mon,,,dis guyz ve families and of course expenses(even debt) to offset and yhu open that ur stupid mouth to say 'jus a month'...idiot!
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by OmichaelO: 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2013
shorlington: Sh*t just got real!
mehn, it's about to get realest
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Darey00(m): 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2013
oga ooooo...dz one wey me wan resign for my workplace...omo.na to stay put oo
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Ojobojo1(m): 4:51pm On Sep 27, 2013
joshua idibia: SSANU and NASU are both bunch of non-reasoning ppl. Just august salary,nd u're cmplaining. Wat of dos they have nt paid since june nkor? Nd u knw schools re on strike. So,i c no reason to waste money in paying u ppl while we're still at home. Go on strike jow. I dnt c hw it wil afect us. Na una go folo hungry. #SMH. Education is d key my A$$#
Ewu, Eediot, Cos ur parents r nt part if dem, u hv d mouth to talk nonsense
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by onyxo76(m): 5:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
the circular for the strike to commence was distributed in oau ile ife this afternoon. all members are directed to stay at home from monday.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by joshuaidibia(m): 5:04pm On Sep 27, 2013
Ojobojo1: Ewu, Eediot, Cos ur parents r nt part if dem, u hv d mouth to talk nonsense
i c nowhr in my post wer i refered it to @OJOBOJO1 . So bro,y d insult? What hv i done? #using Jaime Lannisters' voice# By wat right dos d wolf hv to justify d lion?
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Joshrob(m): 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
Every sector in the educational system are going on strike or threatening to go on strike,and our dear president is not just reacting to it at all. Since he sack the formal education minister, we have not heard anything from him. Someone should remind this man that education is the best tool to his 2nd term ambition.
The security is pumping money into don't need money,they politicians know themselves and those behind the insecurity.
Without education,president jonathan should kick 2o15 ambition good bye
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by duruh: 5:59pm On Sep 27, 2013
una know where the thing dey pain me? Na say most nigerians go still collect money directly or indirectly from GEJ to vote am for 2015. May God help those long throats. Amen.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Orokita(m): 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2013
Nigerian Independence day celebration beckons!!! Thingz are falling apart...
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:55pm On Sep 27, 2013
For GEJ's efforts in the educational sector, am voting him in 2015, all well meaning Nigerians to vote for him too.
GEJ progress!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by AngelNnedinso: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2013
ur mama no born u wel, ur father nyash. no work no pay
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Mannylex(m): 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2013
#in obi's voice # I dey laugh.
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Aedesmuskeeto: 9:38pm On Sep 27, 2013
FRESH pubic HAIR..
Re: SSANU Threatens To Strike Next Week by Memyselfu2009(m): 7:38am On Sep 28, 2013
I don't vote nd will never vote......... they re all disappointment very soon we celebrate 53yrs of independence as if as if we ve not gotten our freedom no good road portable water poor electricity supply poverty no job high rate of crime nd corruption
As nigeria celebrate 53yrs of independence I celebrate 3 nd the half month of ASUU strike. No be say after school job dey plenty self it's best I leave this country soonest

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

22 Lagos Pupils Faint After Inhaling Gas / UTME: JAMB To Save N5bn From CBT; Holds Mock Exam On Saturday / List Of The 36 States In Nigeria And The Origin Of Their Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.