Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,291 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:04 AM

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles (40349 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

Did the speaker talk of a blessing to the tither?
If He did, then it means He could Bless, meaning it was
Likened to the order of Michizedek who blessed after receiving the tithe. Same order Jesus is of!, No?

You're actually very funny. So u haf catch person abi?

Whether blessing or not makes no difference. You and I know Jesus priesthood is superior to Aaron and after the order of Melchizedek. Now answer this

Q.If Jesus is after the order of Melchizedek and Melchizedek received tithes by himself, how does Jesus receive his today?

You believe? grin

So, now we are assuming stuffs? Interesting turn out of things

When you believe the gospel for your salvation. Were u assuming? I told you I believe they said thank you.accept it like that. Whether that is blessing or they pronounced a special blessing on the Israelites after receiving the tithes wasn't written so I won't speculate.

Pls I answered or attempted to answer your questions so pls answer my one question up there.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: The argument is change of law NEVER declared the tithes to be cancelled since the change of priesthood necessitated the change of law.

Infact, Melchizedek example enhances and buttressed the tithe further.Abraham paid a tenth to him.

Levi (hence the Levitical priesthood) is a descendant of Abraham. Therefore, Levi is lesser than Abraham.

Melchizedek is greater than Abraham because he does not descend from Levi, received the tenth from Abraham, and blessed Abraham.

Obviously, the one who gives the blessing is greater than the one who receives the blessing.

Therefore, Melchizedek is far greater than Levi and the priesthood of Melchizedek is far greater than the Levitical priesthood. Further, the scriptures record the death of the Levitical priests. But Melchizedek lives on.

The law of Moses said that the priests would come from sons of Aaron through the tribe of Levi.

If we change the priesthood then we must have a new law in effect. Particularly, since Jesus is our high priest (as the writer has argued repeatedly throughout the hebrew text) then we have a problem because he belongs to another tribe.

Jesus our Lord came from the tribe of Judah, and no one from Judah ever functioned as a priest of God and Moses did not speak about that tribe being a priesthood. So there must be a change of law since there has been a change of priesthood.

This is all I've been trying to spell out all through yesterday, some folks just wanna argue.

Thanks man!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam:
The argument is change of law NEVER declared the tithes to be cancelled since the change of priesthood necessitated the change of law.

If you agree the law changed, the tithe commanded under the old law went with the old law as well. now there is no other law that says "pay your tithe" meaning the giving of a tenth or 10% is at your discretion.

Bidam:
Infact, Melchizedek example enhances and buttressed the tithe further.Abraham paid a tenth to him.

Levi (hence the Levitical priesthood) is a descendant of Abraham. Therefore, Levi is lesser than Abraham.

Melchizedek is greater than Abraham because he does not descend from Levi, received the tenth from Abraham, and blessed Abraham.

Obviously, the one who gives the blessing is greater than the one who receives the blessing.

Therefore, Melchizedek is far greater than Levi and the priesthood of Melchizedek is far greater than the Levitical priesthood. Further, the scriptures record the death of the Levitical priests. But Melchizedek lives on.

The superiority of Melchizedek priesthood is not a command to tithe.

Bidam:
If we change the priesthood then we must have a new law in effect. Particularly, since Jesus is our high priest (as the writer has argued repeatedly throughout the hebrew text) then we have a problem because he belongs to another tribe.

Jesus our Lord came from the tribe of Judah, and no one from Judah ever functioned as a priest of God and Moses did not speak about that tribe being a priesthood. So there must be a change of law since there has been a change of priesthood.

you are saying what every other person been saying. The law has changed, the command to tithe went with the old law. You are have freedom in Christ to give as much as you can. There is no command restricting the value of your giving today.

Bidam:
The argument is change of law NEVER declared the tithes to be cancelled since the change of priesthood necessitated the change of law.

Like i will tell anybody that care to read and understand, as long as tithers/pastors define tithe as a tenth or 10%, you can never truly cancel tithe. what was cancelled was the tithe instituted by God. every giving is a percentage of something. if i go to church and give 10% of the money in my wallet, by tithers definition i have tithed. We all tithe, one way or the other but it is not the tithe commanded in Leviticus, it is not the tithe you read about in Numbers, Deuteronomy, Malachi, Chronicles, Nehemiah, Mathew e.t.c
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 1:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Candour:

You're actually very funny. So u haf catch person abi?

Whether blessing or not makes no difference. You and I know Jesus priesthood is superior to Aaron and after the order of Melchizedek. Now answer this

Q.If Jesus is after the order of Melchizedek and Melchizedek received tithes by himself, how does Jesus receive his today?

Heheh I see aw you dodged that question

Oya let me answer urs! Jesus received tithe today because

1. He is of same order of Priesthood as Melchizedek a priesthood who blesses the tither. God was speaking in Mal 3v8 and he said he'd bless the tither. The Levitical priest didn't bless the tither.

2. Jesus like Melchizedek is alive forever, and their Priesthood is same

3. Melchizedek blessed Abraham cos he was greater, Jesus a priest of a diff kind who wrought us salvation
by his blood is of that order of priesthood.

All I'm saying is that that order of priesthood accepted tithes and blessed tithers, that priesthood is still alive today and forever.

When you believe the gospel for your salvation. Were u assuming?

I believed by faith the gospel of christ, so, you believe by faith that the Levitical priesthood blessed the tithers? grin
Interesting

I told you I believe they said thank you.accept it like that.

Are you serious? grin
I should accept what you believe that is NOT in the scriptures? So you want me to believe you rather than scriptures?
Wonderful grin

Whether that is blessing or they pronounced a special blessing on the Israelites after receiving the tithes wasn't written so I won't speculate.

In other words, it didn't happen na, cos if it did, it must have been written. Moses wouldn't have forgotten details and events he engineered himself, would he? If God inspired him well enough to write the book of Genesis and he documented how Melchizedek blessed Abraham, how then would he forget Aaron blessing Israel tithers?

Pls I answered or attempted to answer your questions so pls answer my one question up there.

I have.
grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
Zikkyy:

If you agree the law changed, the tithe commanded under the old law went with the old law as well. now there is no other law that says "pay your tithe" meaning the giving of a tenth or 10% is at your discretion.

The superiority of Melchizedek priesthood is not a command to tithe.

you are saying what every other person been saying. The law has changed, the command to tithe went with the old law. You are have freedom in Christ to give as much as you can. There is no command restricting the value of your giving today.

Like i will tell anybody that care to read and understand, as long as tithers/pastors define tithe as a tenth or 10%, you can never truly cancel tithe. what was cancelled was the tithe instituted by God. every giving is a percentage of something. if i go to church and give 10% of the money in my wallet, by tithers definition i have tithed. We all tithe, one way or the other but it is not the tithe commanded in Leviticus, it is not the tithe you read about in Numbers, Deuteronomy, Malachi, Chronicles, Nehemiah, Mathew e.t.c
PHEW!! when will you ever agree that tithing predates the mosaic law I ain't the one saying it.It's scriptures bro..Go back to the beginning of the thread abeg.
PHEW
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Gombs, if u promise to b HONEST AND SINCERE, then we can discuss.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
@ All,

I don't know if my observation is right but Zikky is ACTUALLY seeing the 'hidden' deception in Gomb's questions. Gomb is asking questions based on WHAT THE BIBLE DOESN'T TEACH and he's making those questions look like WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES as regards to ABRAHAM TITHE in contrast to LEVITICAL TITHE.

One have to pay close attention to those questions, read the lines well and point out hidden deception in those questions BEFORE THEY CAN OR SHOULD BE ANSWERED PROPERLY.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: PHEW!! when will you ever agree that tithing predates the mosaic law I ain't the one saying it.It's scriptures bro..Go back to the beginning of the thread abeg.
PHEW

That's even after spelling out the fact that the changed law was the law that said a priest from the descendant of Levi will only be priest and that law was in the old covenant o!

That Law changed hence we have a new priest in an order that received tithes and blessed the tither.

Bro, some folks just wanna argue
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 1:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
christemmbassey: @Gombs, if u promise to b HONEST AND SINCERE, then we can discuss.

I always am sir! grin

Pls help Candour out
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Goshen360(m): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: PHEW!! when will you ever agree that tithing predates the mosaic law I ain't the one saying it.It's scriptures bro..Go back to the beginning of the thread abeg.
PHEW

Please change your attitudes. NOBODY here argued tithe didn't predate the mosaic laws but the issue here is, is the tithe before the mosaic SAME PRACTICE AS tithe under the mosaic?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 1:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
Goshen360: @ All,

I don't know if my observation is right but Zikky is ACTUALLY seeing the 'hidden' deception in Gomb's questions. Gomb is asking questions based on WHAT THE BIBLE DOESN'T TEACH and he's making those questions look like WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES as regards to ABRAHAM TITHE in contrast to LEVITICAL TITHE.

One have to pay close attention to those questions, read the lines well and point out hidden deception in those questions BEFORE THEY CAN OR SHOULD BE ANSWERED PROPERLY.

grin
That's a lame excuse or defense sir!
Question I asked are in the bible. Except you don't study
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Please change your attitudes. NOBODY here argued tithe didn't predate the mosaic laws but the issue here is, is the tithe before the mosaic SAME PRACTICE AS tithe under the mosaic?

The tithe before Moses' law had a diff Priest, a priesthood for all eternity, an order Jesus belongs to. They blessed the tither

The tithe under moses had a diff priest, a priesthood of succession, genealogy and truncated by death an order Jesus is not of, for he came from Judah n not Levi. These guys didn't bless the tither

Now, how can these two tithes be same?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by MostHigh: 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Goshen360:

Confusion master grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Candour(m): 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

1. He is of same order of Priesthood as Melchizedek a priesthood who blesses the tither. God was speaking in Mal 3v8 and he said he'd bless the tither. The Levitical priest didn't bless the tither.

3. Melchizedek blessed Abraham cos he was greater, Jesus a priest of a diff kind who wrought us salvation

All I'm saying is that that order of priesthood accepted tithes and blessed tithers, that priesthood is still alive today and forever.

You can see I didn't write an epistle when I answered your question.

The question I asked is simply

Q.since Jesus is of the same order as Melchizedek and we know Melchizedek received tithes HIMSELF, how does Jesus receive tithes today? Again my question is how do you pay tithes to Jesus today?

I believed by faith the gospel of christ, so, you believe by faith that the Levitical priesthood blessed the tithers? grin
Interesting

Pls go back to my post. I said because scripture does not tell us if levites blessed tithers or not, I won't speculate. Don't falsify what I typed in black and white to prove a point pls.

Are you serious? grin
I should accept what you believe that is NOT in the scriptures? So you want me to believe you rather than scriptures?
Wonderful grin

What is all these gymnastics for What did I ask you to believe?

Pls answer my question. Its just one o

In other words, it didn't happen na, cos if it did, it must have been written. Moses wouldn't have forgotten details and events he engineered himself, would he? If God inspired him well enough to write the book of Genesis and he documented how Melchizedek blessed Abraham, how then would he forget Aaron blessing Israel tithers?

You're saying exactly what I said. It wasn't written whether Levites blessed the tithers or not. I won't try speculating. I thought this us what I wrote in my reply?

I have.
grin

My bro, you didn't answer anything. The one question again

How do you give Jesus his tithes today?

Don't run away pls
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
Zikkyy:

you can never truly cancel tithe. We all tithe, one way or the other
If truly this is your assertion,then you should advise your crew to stop throwing mud and insults at those who tithe.God bless.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

That's even after spelling out the fact that the changed law was the law that said a priest from the descendant of Levi will only be priest and that law was in the old covenant o!

That Law changed hence we have a new priest in an order that received tithes and blessed the tither.

Bro, some folks just wanna argue
sorry Christ was promoted, 2day he is The high priest, way beyond melchi, phil 2 and God has also highly exalted and gve him a name dat is above all other name in heaven and on earth, so Jesus is nolonger in melchi's rank, again, OMG, WE'VE BEEN PROMOTED TO MELCHI'S RANK, BROS I'M A PRIEST OF THE MOST HIGH GOD. YOU CAN PAY UR TITHE TO ME, but b4 dat, I bless u in the name of Jesus! Nwa! Bring ur tithes £ € $ etc, i no wan nairas o!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by theoctopus: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

You have delved into grave error and heresy with every post you post.

1. If Melchizedek is alive for evermore like Jesus and according to you, his priesthood is like Jesus, then we have two everlasting high priests running in parallel. That is serious heresy you have posted there. You have created for yourself, an immense problem. So as we speak, Jesus is not the only high priest. If that is true, the whole message of salvation falls like a pack of cards. There were never two high priests in Israel. There were many priests but never two high priests. If you have two high priests running parallel today, who do we go to for salvation. What you do not understand obviously is the function of the high priest.

2. Because you are trying so hard to justify your collection of tithes, you have twisted scriptures in dangerous ways. When the bible talked about Melchizedek not having beginning and end, he wasnt equating him with deity. He was talking clearly about his genealogy. But you cant see that because you are bent on justifying your tithe collection. Sad!

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 2:36pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

Zikky!
Thank God you got it!

Now...I await Candour and Christembassey and Kunle
America, Russia and Japan, only u?(Iran) thats suicide o. You wan die bc of oyel well? GHM!
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
PHEW

i was going to respond to this when i observed you taken some time to read my post again. The issue is not about tithing predating the law, i know i don't argue that. The issue is pastors and supporters like you preaching tithe according to the law. If your tithing is inspired by tithers before the law, then preach tithe as an activity before the law. The tithe with its curse & blessings under the law is not for Christians.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2013
Candour:

You can see I didn't write an epistle when I answered your question.

The question I asked is simply

Q.since Jesus is of the same order as Melchizedek and we know Melchizedek received tithes HIMSELF, how does Jesus receive tithes today? Again my question is how do you pay tithes to Jesus today?

How do you give Jesus his tithes today?

Don't run away pls

How do you give Jesus your offerings today? How does he collect them

Its like asking me how did Jesus/God collect the collections/offerings/or whatever you wanna call it , the apostles collected?

Or ask me how God collected the tithe Jacob paid

Sir, I pay my tithe in Church as the bible instructs.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
christemmbassey: sorry Christ was promoted, 2day he is The high priest, way beyond melchi, phil 2 and God has also highly exalted and gve him a name dat is above all other name in heaven and on earth, so Jesus is nolonger in melchi's rank, again, OMG, WE'VE BEEN PROMOTED TO MELCHI'S RANK, BROS I'M A PRIEST OF THE MOST HIGH GOD. YOU CAN PAY UR TITHE TO ME, but b4 dat, I bless u in the name of Jesus! Nwa! Bring ur tithes £ € $ etc, i no wan nairas o!

There are better ways to hide your shame sir! Jesus is in same order of Priesthood as Melchizedek is not the same as they are ranked together

Christembassey is in the same secondary school as Zikky is not the same thing as they are in the same Class
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

I always am sir! grin

Pls help Candour out
then i'm all urs, again, don't run away like joa n ola. . Cheers
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

There were never two high priests in Israel. There were many priests but never two high priests.
After quoting from scriptures two high priest during Jesus and John's era..You now came up with this? Did you follow our trend of arguments from the beginning? Or are you so much in a hurry to jump in and mark your name present?

1 Like

Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: If truly this is your assertion,then you should advise your crew to stop throwing mud and insults at those who tithe.God bless.

they are not against you tithing. They are against you preaching it. It is is not preachable.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

1. If Melchizedek is alive for evermore like Jesus and according to you, his priesthood is like Jesus, then we have two everlasting high priests running in parallel. That is serious heresy you have posted there. You have created for yourself, an immense problem. So as we speak, Jesus is not the only high priest. If that is true, the whole message of salvation falls like a pack of cards. There were never two high priests in Israel. There were many priests but never two high priests. If you have two high priests running parallel today, who do we go to for salvation. What you do not understand obviously is the function of the high priest.

Refer to few pages backward. Or go read Heb 7v 11. Jesus is d priest of a diff kind, but of same order. He purchased salvation with his blood, melchizedek didn't.

2. Because you are trying so hard to justify your collection of tithes, you have twisted scriptures in dangerous ways. When the bible talked about Melchizedek not having beginning and end, he wasnt equating him with deity. He was talking clearly about his genealogy. But you cant see that because you are bent on justifying your tithe collection. Sad!

I knw that feeling bro! grin
I understand. When you don't knw what else to say with regards proven truths. If I twisted scriptures, how come they are plain scripture you can't untwist?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

There are better ways to hide your shame sir! Jesus is in same order of Priesthood as Melchizedek is not the same as they are ranked together

Christembassey is in the same secondary school as Zikky is not the same thing as they are in the same Class
allready getting personal? It is well o. Zikky is a confirmed professor and christemmbassey just a graduate assistant, are they d same, just bc both are in unicall?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:53pm On Oct 04, 2013
christemmbassey: then i'm all urs, again, don't run away like joa n ola. . Cheers

As long as you post smart stuffz worth answering
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
christemmbassey: allready getting personal? It is well o. Zikky is a confirmed professor and christemmbassey just a graduate assistant, are they d same, just bc both are in unicall?

Ignored! Post something smart. I asked whether two folks in the same school mean they are in the same class. Answer that and we can discuss further
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
Zikkyy:

they are not against you tithing. They are against you preaching it. It is is not preachable.
Are scriptures not for doctrine or teaching?
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Zikkyy(m): 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
theoctopus:

@bolded, i want to believe tithers like bidam & Gombs go to Melchizedek for their salvation.

theoctopus:

The man even elevated Melchizedek equating him to God himself when he said....

Gombs:
Did the speaker talk of a blessing to the tither?
If He did, then it means He could Bless, meaning it was
Likened to the order of Michizedek who blessed after receiving the tithe.

Now God's blessing is just as good as Melchizedek's blessing you.

This is what happens when you reason with your stomach.
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by Gombs(m): 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
Bidam: After quoting from scriptures two high priest during Jesus and John's era..You now came up with this? Did you follow our trend of arguments from the beginning? Or are you so much in a hurry to jump in and mark your name present?

grin
Re: Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles by christemmbassey(m): 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Gombs:

Ignored! Post something smart. I asked whether two folks in the same school mean they are in the same class. Answer that and we can discuss further
NO SIR, JESUS IS D VC. , melchi is a graduate assistant just like me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (34) (Reply)

Catholic Church Ordains Okara, A Kegite Club Member, As Priest / Tianmen Cave - The Gate To Heaven Discovered In China / Sika Bofo Opens Money Ritual Church In Ghana, Jesus Favour Chapel International

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.