Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,971 members, 7,942,462 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? (2569 Views)

Poll: Should men be allowed a Right Over Their Unborn babies?

Yes: 75% (3 votes)
No: 25% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

(photo) Can Nigerian Men Be This Romantic?? / Should Men Be Dragged To The Altar / How Should Men Overcome Womanizing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 2:52am On Jun 27, 2008
This is one of the nasty ones: it's my body, i can kill the baby.
What can you say? The baby is withing the jurisdiction of their body besides, you seem to look at it from one side, what about when the guys want her to terminate the pregnancy but she really really wants to keep the baby, will you also blame the guys for their request?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 2:53am On Jun 27, 2008
If a woman rapes a man don't you think the man has a right to determine what becomes of his sperm?
Lmao; No, the man has the right to throw her in jail for rape.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 2:57am On Jun 27, 2008
In which case she can still keep the baby at his expense. I have been taught to avoid unintentional reproduction and I would like to keep control of this aspect of my life as well.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 2:59am On Jun 27, 2008
In which case she can still keep the baby at his expense. I have been taught to avoid unintentional reproduction and I would like to keep control of this aspect of my life as well.
That's one of the things in life that falls under the category of "it's unfortunate". In the same vein, will a man be forced to partake in the pains associated with the pregnancy that resulted as a result of his rape?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:00am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

What can you say? The baby is withing the jurisdiction of their body besides, you seem to look at it from one side, what about when the guys want her to terminate the pregnancy but she really really wants to keep the baby, will you also blame the guys for their request?
I'm imploring a wholistic perspective here Funmi.  I happen to think both the man and the woman should have a fair chance to determine what happens with unborn fetuses.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:04am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

That's one of the things in life that falls under the category of "it's unfortunate". In the same vein, will a man be forced to partake in the pains associated with the pregnancy that resulted as a result of his rape?
Bwahaha; double standards do favor women afterall.  I hope you're not attempting to systematically disqualify and demolish the valid concern I have introduced here. In contrast, will the man be able to forgo the emotional trauma and psychological trauma inflicted upon him during the rape and perhaps for the rest of hsi life?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:05am On Jun 27, 2008
I'm imploring a wholistic perspective here Funmi. I happen to think both the man and the woman should have a fair chance to determine what happens with unborn fetuses.
I disagree because the pain associated with the pregnancy is not evenly distributed.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:09am On Jun 27, 2008
In contrast, will the man be able to forgo the emotional trauma and psychological trauma inflicted upon him during the rape and perhaps for the rest of hsi life?
That's why Jackal called men the stronger sex, abi?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:09am On Jun 27, 2008
Speaking of pains . . . how many men undergo broken-di*k surgery from thrusting during intercourse.  Not that I have researched it, but I do know it would be painful. Hip replacement surgery from trying different positions . . . freak accidents during workouts to build up stamina for intercourse cause pains too don't you know. tongue  And all this while all most of you do is lay there and watch the feature presentation unravel before your eyes.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:10am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

That's why Jackal called men the stronger sex, abi?
That's why women are naturally prepared to bear babies, abi?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:12am On Jun 27, 2008
That's why women are naturally prepared to bear babies, abi?
That's why you should not complain when they control 100% equity shares in your pregnancy.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:13am On Jun 27, 2008
Hip replacement surgery from trying different positions . . . freak accidents during workouts to build up stamina for intercourse cause pains too don't you know. Tongue And all this while all we ask you to do is lay there and watch the presentation.
Hip replacement from a 2 minute action(some are even less)?.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:14am On Jun 27, 2008
That's why you shouldn't be bitter when it is argued that men are, on average, physically stronger than women and consequently deserve peculiar jobs over women?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:19am On Jun 27, 2008
It takes the action of two to make the baby but it takes the decision of one to end it.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:19am On Jun 27, 2008
That's why you shouldn't be bitter when it is argued that men are, on average, physically stronger than women and consequently deserve peculiar jobs over women?
Physically stronger, yes; peculiar jobs, no(unless it's gigolo), Now, tell me one thing a man can do that a woman can't do?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:20am On Jun 27, 2008
[b]It takes the action of two to make the baby but it takes the decision of one to end it.[/b]

Are you that pissed over it?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:21am On Jun 27, 2008
Not pissed just being frank tongue.

RedHotChic:

Physically stronger, yes; peculiar jobs, no(unless it's gigolo), Now, tell me one thing a man can do that a woman can't do?
Pee standing up without pissing all over yourself, no? lol
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:24am On Jun 27, 2008
I'm sorry if I'm being a bit of a pissant here; just remember, i'm working with what you give me.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:28am On Jun 27, 2008
Pee standing up without pissing all over yourself, no? lol
Hissssssssssss, as if it counts,
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by CH3COO(m): 3:43am On Jun 27, 2008
RedHotChic:

RedHotChic:

Hissssssssssss, as if it counts,
Lol, you asked for only one thing and I provided one. If you want another one, only men can donate sperm unless there is one hell of a freak of a woman out there that I haven't heard about.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 4:20am On Jun 27, 2008
Lol, you asked for only one thing and I provided one. If you want another one, only men can donate sperm unless there is one hell of a freak of a woman out there that I haven't heard about
Another hissssssss for you.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by syren: 10:44am On Jul 01, 2008
CH3COO:

Speaking of pains . . . how many men undergo broken-di*k surgery from thrusting during intercourse. Not that I have researched it, but I do know it would be painful. Hip replacement surgery from trying different positions . . . freak accidents during workouts to build up stamina for intercourse cause pains too don't you know. tongue And all this while all most of you do is lay there and watch the feature presentation unravel before your eyes.

How many men then?
Are you not also enjoying it? As if your only having sex for her benefit. What joy is there in going through hours of torturous labour?

@post

The parents will have to compromise. If the man wants the child but the woman doesn't then the man should have evry right to take care of the child alone. If the women is willing she will give birth to the child for the man. If not then too bad! Be careful who you give your sperm to because you don't know what she'll do with it. Men crying they want the child then when the child is growing they behave as if they have amnesia sef. cool
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by Gamine(f): 11:28am On Jul 01, 2008
Last time i checked, both Man and Woman supplied the chromosomes to make a child.

X from the Mother

X or Y from the Father.

Of course He has Rights!!!
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2008
Last time i checked, both Man and Woman supplied the chromosomes to make a child.

X from the Mother

X or Y from the Father.

Of course He has Rights!!!

Of course he has rights but not until the baby is born. if you think about it from the x and x/y chromosomes, he should have rights to his property but even if you make a law that will enable him have rights from conception, what will happen to women who doesnt want a pregnancy because of the changes it'll bring to their body or because they dont want to be single mothers? Don't you know that some guys may use pregnancy as a form of punishment on a woman? I'm prolife tho.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by Gamine(f): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2008
Pregnancy as a form of punishment

How do i get pregnant without knowing??

im yet to tackle that issue!

if i dont want a child, it will never be conceived
talk more of trying to kill it!
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2008
RedHotChic:

Of course he has rights but not until the baby is born. if you think about it from the x and x/y chromosomes, he should have rights to his property but even if you make a law that will enable him have rights from conception, what will happen to women who doesnt want a pregnancy because of the changes it'll bring to their body or because they don't want to be single mothers? Don't you know that some guys may use pregnancy as a form of punishment on a woman? I'm prolife tho.

There are necessary measures a woman can take to avoid conceiving. If she can't take the brunt of being a single mother, she should please do us a favor by taking the pills or preferably tie her womb!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2008
Pregnancy as a form of punishment

How do i get pregnant without knowing??

im yet to tackle that issue!

if i don't want a child, it will never be conceived
talk more of trying to kill it!
That'll be you but some chics get pregnant by being careless for a second besides a man can also sweet talk you into the pregnancy deal only to back out after you test positive to pregnancy.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by LAKANYE(m): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
What "RIGHT" can any innocent man have over mischiefs of any woman. A woman may decide to get pregnant for a particular man without the knowledge of the man. A woman may decide to terminate a pregnancy without seeking advice or knowledgeable by anyone. A woman has the ultimate decisions to make when it comes to her body, no matter what some man says.
THERE ARE NO AMOUNT OF "RIGHTS" accorded a man with regards to pregnancy, a woman still holds the keys to any life on earth.
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
There are necessary measures a woman can take to avoid conceiving. If she can't take the brunt of being a single mother, she should please do us a favor by taking the pills or preferably tie her womb!!!!!!!!

Look at this scenario:

Yves: sweetheart, i think it's time to have a baby

Eve: Why don't we get married first?

Yves: We'll definitely do that but that wouldn't stop us from getting pregnant

Eve: okay

2 months later:

Eve: Honey, I'm pregnant

Yves: Thats such a good news

1 week after:

eve: why come home so late honey?

Yves: what are you insinuating? that I'm cheating?

eve: No, it's just that I need to know where you are.

Yves: what? Are you my mother? in fact, I'm done with you and all i want now is my baby. Give birth to my baby and send me the portion of my bills. To your tent o' Israel.

From the scenario above, what if Eve is not ready to be a single mother but has been hoodwinked into it, what do you expect her to do since she cannot even abort the baby(at least legally) because the man seriously want the child and has 50% equity shares on the pregnancy?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by TOH(f): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2008
RedHotChic:

Eve: Why don't we get married first?

Yves: We'll definitely do that but that wouldn't stop us from getting pregnant

Eve: okay

I'd like to think girls are so much smarter than this now.

Who still falls for such things?
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by Gamine(f): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2008
@RedHot

i cant believe for one second

that your scenario exists or takes place this days!
Re: Should Men Be Allowed To Have A Right Over Their Unborn Babies? by RedHotChic(f): 4:20pm On Jul 01, 2008
I'd like to think girls are so much smarter than this now.

Who still falls for such things?
Well, if they are that smart, why the upsurge of single mothers that still say: He told me he loves me and oh my God, he pulled on me,
90% of single mothers did not become one by careful planning, in most cases, they became pregnant to appease a man, lure him into marriage, b/c he wants it so badly but has no money for the wedding now and the greatest of them all is because she's in loooooooooooooooVE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If A Woman Love You Because Of Your Love Making! What Are You To Her? / Is Chivalry Dead In The Relationships? / Why Are Girls Very Jealous And Vengeful?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.