Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,123 members, 7,907,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:10 PM

PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors (20408 Views)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by hod898(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
We are just happy. But at the same time let's remember that 24/7 power supply is not free. I believe that the PHCN bills will be expensive...at least that's what I'm contemplating.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Emenze95: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
[quote author=Fkforyou]Good news....but we no get light over here for the past 2days.. >:ur own beta some are saying 2months blackout
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Effwazobia: 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
Littlehooper: GOD BLESS WHO? GOD BLESS NIGERIA..
WILL THIS PRIVATIZATION OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA TO ELECTRICITY MANAGEMENT SERVICE BRING CHANGES?
NO CHANGES FROM NEPA TO PHCN..... NOW EMS IS IN CONTROL.. I HOPE THERE WILL BE CHANGES...

MY FELLOW NIGERIANS, CAN U TELL ME ACHIEVEMENTS OF JONATHAN?
AS FOR ME HE HAS DONE NOTHING... PRIVATIZATION OF PHCN IS NOT ACHIEVEMENT UNDER JONATHAN TENURE...

CELTEL -ZAIN - AIRTEL

5 AND 6

NEPA -PHCN - EMS

Do you even understand what the hell is happening? PHCN is ran by the government, while privatization means that it will be run by private companies, which will bring about competition. Now competition will lead to efficiency in the power sector in the sense that if a company don't perform, the competitors will snatch their customers. Case in point, MTN is the shittiest company there is, as a result, Glo AIRTEL, ETISALAT are aggressively acquiring market shares by offering much more reliable services than MTN. This same situation is going to apply in the power industry. And it is happening under GEJ. This should make a lot of sense bros

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by hod898(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2013
We are just happy. But at the same time let's remember that 24/7 power supply is not free. I believe that the PHCN bills will be expensive...at least that's what I'm contemplating. cool
However, that would mean better employment opportunities for our Electrical Eng. graduates wink
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by mediachirps(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
so my unpaid NEPA bills are gone?

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by cashkid18(m): 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
at last,fresh air has cum to stay in nigeria..
GOD BLESS GEJ
GOD BLESS NIG
GOD BLESS BIAFRA

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 1:46pm On Sep 30, 2013
Deiok: Hand over when they are yet to pay off workers.

Which workers? The process is complete. Cant be reverted now! Sealed and delivered. Saboteurs can go hug ....... their own thingz! grin

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Universities should be privatized too.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by taiwolad: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
ok, Noted!!!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by 3ace(m): 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
Facts are not all the PHCN staff have been paid and the FG has officially handed over to private investors. In as much as I believe the former should fully be executed before the latter, these are still good developments. The workers won't cooperate fully with investors into handing over facilities and forcing the investors to cry to FG. FG will in turn speedy up payment processes so that everybody can be happy soon. I can't wait to start experiencing 24 hour power supply. I don't give a f*ck who gives me me light; APC, PDP, PPP NDP, NFF, ASSU, SAN, FBI...ALL I WANT IS LIGHT!

7 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by free2ryhme: 1:47pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus: That day has finally come. Power privatization is now complete.

GEJ has finally handed over PHCN to strategic core investors

I praise God for this glorious day!

This is a new dawn for Nigeria!

God bless GEJ!

God Bless Nigeria!

It a big shame as giant of africa with 160 million people, the most populous black nation in the world sitting up billion litres of crude oil cannot manage a single oRganization without Running it dead by coRRuprtion. The time is coming NNPC will be handed over to foreign investoRs I will know if u will go to church foR thanksgiving NONSENSE
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 1:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
hod898: We are just happy. But at the same time let's remember that 24/7 power supply is not free. I believe that the PHCN bills will be expensive...at least that's what I'm contemplating.

Pay as you go is it bro! The meters are coming your way very soon. Pay as you go, baby! No more estimated bills! Love it!!! cheesy
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 1:49pm On Sep 30, 2013
free2ryhme:
It a big shame as giant of africa with 160 million people, the most populous black nation in the world sitting up billion litres of crude oil cannot manage a single oRganization without Running it dead by coRRuprtion. The time is coming NNPC will be handed over to foreign investoRs I will know if u will go to church foR thanksgiving NONSENSE

Sorry to burst your bubble bro! New dawn is here! Shout Fresh Air!!! Dont let the bitternes get a hold of you! grin

6 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by hod898(m): 1:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Pay as you go is it bro! The meters are coming your way very soon. Pay as you go, baby! No more estimated bills! Love it!!! cheesy
Really shocked?

Well that's cool. cool
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 30, 2013
free2ryhme:

Losers on the loose.

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by curtain: 1:54pm On Sep 30, 2013
thanks GEJ, if i catch any phcn staff for my house eh!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by yanshless: 1:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
WAIT O. WHAT HAPPENS TO ALL THOSE MISCHIVIEOUSLY OUTRAGEOUS OUTSTANDING BILLS BY PHCN?
DEM GIVE ME 50K LAST MONTH AND I PAID 4K TO CARRYOVER.
I HOPE THEY WILL CANCEL THE CARRYOVERS. THAT NA HAPPY INDEPENDA BE DAT.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by hod898(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
So this means no cutting of pole wires. grin grin
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
maxwello.yg:
you think una sweet mouth go work on me? because mtn nd econet worked does not guarantee phcn will.
Make we c results first.
What if you celebrate and dance skelewu much as u want, just to witness no power supply for 3months?
Abeg johr., u no sabi weytin pesin dey take for nepa hand
just shut up and act as though u didn't see the news. If we hear bad news, na so we go dey bad mouth fg. If nah gud news nko, una go still doubt. A man u and i know stole $16b meant 4 power and nobody heard a hoot 4rm u. If past admins were half as comitted as the current admin is, power issue would have been a thing of the past in naija.

4 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by mjizzie(m): 1:56pm On Sep 30, 2013
Phcn workers av stated strike today cos FG don't want to pay dem dia allowance b4 d handover.. FG is owing dem close to N600BN, so stop blaming ASSU, Blame FG

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by toms55(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
Plsss o is there still need for minister of power after this privatisation??
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by fifteen(m): 1:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
no wonder power supply has improved by 30% in my area. smiley cry smiley cry undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by OfficeGirl(f): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2013
ok now, thats a nice move. i pray we dont experience black out again!
Good bye to estimated bills...Wow!!!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by 1009ja: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
This is a good development. If all goes well, more jobs would be created by the dimantling of this perenial Nigerian eye sore. Steady power supply is likely to unleash a lot of industrial potentials Nigerians are yet to see in their lifetimes. When you dimantle ineffective and unnecessary public corporations, corruption slows, industrial creativty rises, more people are employed, Nigeria benefits. Way to go GEJ. But you must begin to seriously address the rot corruption is dotting on our landscape. That is your sure way of getting the Nigerian youth fight for your re-election in 2015. You can see that the gog fathers cannot save you and guarantee your politicial aspirations. The more they loot, they more they want you to cover them and they more they still want to loot.

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Effwazobia: 2:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
100%9ja:
This is a good development. If all goes well, more jobs would be created by the dimantling of this perenial Nigerian eye sore. Steady power supply is likely to unleash a lot of industrial potentials Nigerians are yet to see in their lifetimes. When you dimantle ineffective and unnecessary public corporations, corruption slows, industrial creativty rises, more people are employed, Nigeria benefits. Way to go GEJ. But you must begin to seriously address the rot corruption is dotting on our landscape. That is your sure way of getting the Nigerian youth fight for your re-election in 2015. You can see that the gog fathers cannot save you and guarantee your politicial aspirations. The more they loot, they more they want you to cover them and they more they still want to loot.

God bless you my brother, you couldn't have said it any better
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by otokx(m): 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
There is still no electricity in UNIPORT and ALUU as we speak.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by lumeneng22: 2:03pm On Sep 30, 2013
pechiko: oh! Militant,can't u remember that late Yaradua saved ur soul from wasting away when he started paying you salary for your idleness, is Jonathan owing u now or not? If u don't know, I am one of d ppl that can say it any day,anytime that privatisation of PHCN is d way 4wrd cos PHCN is d most corrupt organisation in Nigeria, so if GEJ will privatise let him pay them to allow peace to reign. Hope u know that PHCN is on strike now?
. My bros as we de here de discus, some unscrupulous elements are still disconnecting light and collecting 1, 1k in our area here.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by badmeat(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
Keep it up!shame the critics!make 9ja heaven!GEJ till 2019
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by greatestman(m): 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2013
NEPA OR PHCN IS CLOSED DOWN NATION WIDE
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by theoctopus: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
mjizzie: Phcn workers av stated strike today cos FG don't want to pay dem dia allowance b4 d handover.. FG is owing dem close to N600BN, so stop blaming ASSU, Blame FG

Liar! Even the total sum for all former PHCN workers was under 300 billion. They have been paid. Only those who were not captured in the biometrics were not paid because they are not recognized. No free money for fake workers! grin

How can non existent workers go on strike? The new companies are in charge now! grin
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 30, 2013
ikwere militant: bad belle if u dont lyk gejs work pls join a party nd contest d nxt electn
do you know phcn workers are currently on strike? They went to work this morning but were returned home. Why did the government not pay everyone off before doing this.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by chronique(m): 2:11pm On Sep 30, 2013
Kudos to GEJ for this. Glory be to God. I don't care how much the bill will cost;so long as there is constant power supply and I'm using it,I'd gladly pay. Already,we currently spend at least 1k for fuel every night and it lasts for just 6 hrs or so. In a month,that translates to about 30,000/31,000. Multiply that by 12 months and it will amount to 370,000/372,000. My monthly 3 face/phase pre-paid meter cost 9000 naira monthly. Multiply it by 12 and it gives you 108,000. Add it to 372,000 and it gives you 480,000. This means we spend 480,000 a year to have electricity and still do not have it for 24hrs. If EMS charges me 20,000 a month and I'm having 24hrs light,I won't complain at all. Anyone who doesn't understand how this privatisation will help us should please ask for explanations rather than criticise the govt.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC And PDP Supporters Fighting In Suleja, Niger State / Photos: Security Council Meeting In Abuja / Abdusalami Peace Committee In A Meeting With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.