Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,400 members, 7,971,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:10 AM

PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors (20471 Views)

The Nigeria I Handed Over To Buhari Was The Biggest Economy In Africa – jonathan / RRS Patrol Vehicles Stationed In Strategic Points Across Lagos (photos) / Abuja-kaduna Rail Line Will Be Completed And Handed Over In December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by rottenegg: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Abeg make una no vex but now wey my meter don almost run out of credit how i go take recharge? Any answers?
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by rottenegg: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Littlehooper: IS ONLY IGBO PEOPLE THAT IS COMMENDING GEJ... EVEN SMALL CHILDREN KNOWS THAT GEJ IS NOT IMPRESSING..
GEJ TENURE:
STRIKE
TERRORISM
N SOME USELESS PEOPLES IS SHOUTING GOD BLESS GEJ...
GEJ WILL BE SERIOUSLY CRITICISE AFTER HIS TENURE IN OFFICE....
I TRUST OBJ, THIS BOKOHARAM ISSUE IS NOTHING BEFORE HIM WITH THE HELP OF GOD
Another mumu who has nothing to say but bring up ethnic sentiments! Don't worry, very soon transformers will be filled with high voltage, then you can hug it.

8 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by stunning4real: 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2013
Warefa! Whether privitize or comercilise. Mine is to have gud lite. Atleast I shud av value 4 my moni.what wil bcome of PHCN workers!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by 2rutalk1: 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
blackorpheus: Lets be honest. Privatisation is a bad thing. Its a sign the Government has failed!

Lol, time will not permit me to drill you on the impact of Privatization on Economic growth and its multiplier effect on economic welfarism.

Contrary to your position above, Privatization Policy as I assume you already know is the transfer of ownership of government owed companies to private persons either partially and wholly. Privatization encourages competition, which brings down prices in the long run and equally guarantees quality service delivery. Remember that "government business is no body's business" as they say. Therefore, no matter how sound and promising government policies are, there must be inefficiency in service delivery.

There is no gainsaying the fact that the main objective of business enterprise is profit maximization. Meanwhile, for profit to be maximized, customer satisfaction is paramount and that can only be achieved through quality service delivery.

Unarguably, the Privatization on PHCN will bring in cut throat competition otherwise known as "Price War" in the power Sector in the Long-run, which is as result each companies drive to acquire the highest market share. For any of the investors (companies) to achieve profit maximization, there will be adequate power supply, which in turn will determine the sales revenue of the company.
It is also important to state that cost of electricity will be high in the short-run (at present) but will drop drastically in the Long-run (in future). A comparative analysis of what is obtainable in the Telecom sector will give you more insight on this issue.
Remember how much you bought your first SIM Card and its present price (if not free).

In conclusion, Privatization policy is not a sign of a failed government, rather it is an economic Policy that puts every economy on the path of economic growth and development. Businesses will thrive, jobs will be created, income level of individuals will increase thereby increasing economic welfare of the people while vicious circle of poverty will dwindle. Remember, Entrepreneurs will spring up and that is a propeller for economic growth. Think of the Asan Tigers.

3 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Arysexy(m): 5:32pm On Sep 30, 2013
Fresh air till 2019, am a beneficiary of GEJ transformation agenda, TCN d only banch of d power sector nt privatised recruited recently and I was sucessful to start training in october, we are going there to bring d desired changes Nigerians are yearning for.

Up GEJ!

Up prof Nebo!

Up me!

5 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by obimind(m): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
phil5: What's the full meaning of ems? pls
Electricity Management Service.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by salt1: 5:48pm On Sep 30, 2013
blackorpheus: Lets be honest. Privatisation is a bad thing. Its a sign the Government has failed!
How?
Think of the telecom sector. NITEL with 400,000 landlines and glo, mtn etc with all the millions of lines
Govt should face infrastructure, defence, education and healthcare. Nigerians can provide themselves with almost the other things.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Littlehooper: 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Mexyz: @littehooper, SOME USELESS PEOPLES IS SHOUTING GOD BLESS GEJ...Hmmm, wen i asked u to concentrate on ur studies, u thought i was nt in d right position to tel u wat to do. See ur life? Jst luk at d way u re disgracn urself wit ds horrible english..up GEJ.

SOME, FEW,A FEW IS USED WITH PLURAL COUNTABLE NOUN....
N READ UR SUBJECT, VERBS N SUBJECT - VERB AGREEMENT ...
WISE UP BRO
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Littlehooper: 5:57pm On Sep 30, 2013
rottenegg: Another mumu who has nothing to say but bring up ethnic sentiments! Don't worry, very soon transformers will be filled with high voltage, then you can hug it.

WHAT'S THIS ONE SAYING? WETTIN CONCERN TRANSFORMER WITH THE ISSUE ON GROUND..
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by jackymfon: 5:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
otokx: There is still no electricity in UNIPORT and ALUU as we speak.

no light for almost 2weeks on Saturday they just gave it briefly. please lets have light on independence day abeg
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by jackymfon: 6:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
Arysexy: Fresh air till 2019, am a beneficiary of GEJ transformation agenda, TCN d only banch of d power sector nt privatised recruited recently and I was sucessful to start training in october, we are going there to bring d desired changes Nigerians are yearning for.

Up GEJ!

Up prof Nebo!

Up me!

congrats guy i hope you got it by merit not connection?
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Arysexy(m): 6:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
jackymfon:

congrats guy i hope you got it by merit not connection?

100% merit, God connection!

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Sike(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
So, na wetin we go dey call them now? Since no more NEPA and PHCN. Na "Up wetin" we go come dey shout now if dem bring our light?? Just curious tho.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by successking: 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2013
pechiko: pls tell me what is glorious about this hand over, is it the fact that Jonathan didn't pay PHCN workers?

Generator dealer, your time is up because not even your wide mouth can save you.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by awodman: 7:55pm On Sep 30, 2013
Nigeria provides N120 billion grant to bulk electricity company

The power minister assured disengaged electricity workers of their pay.

The Federal Government has provided a grant of $750
million (N120 billion) to the Nigerian Bulk Electricity
Trading Company, NBET, President Goodluck Jonathan said on Monday in Abuja.

Mr. Jonathan said this while performing the handing over of share certificates and licenses to the 15 new core investors of the successor companies of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria, PHCN. He said the fund is aimed at positioning the ‘bulk buyer’ to carry out its post privatization mandate without financial constraints.

Incorporated in 2010, the NBET is to “engage in the
purchase and resale of electrical power and ancillary
services from independent power producers and from the
successor generation companies,” according to its website.

Mr. Jonathan said the new owners of the five generating
companies were inheriting signed gas supply and
transportation agreements. He added that the government would maintain the agreed gas supply pricing policy in order to encourage new investments in gas supply and infrastructure development

“The implementation of the gas policy will culminate in a
willing buyer-willing seller structure to establish a full
market- driven environment” he said.

The five power generating companies whose shares
certificates were handed over to new owners are Geregu,
Ughelli, Kainji, Shiroro and Egbin Power Plc; while ten
distribution companies were also handed over and include Abuja, Benin, Lagos (Eko), Ibadan, Lagos (Ikeja), Jos, Kano,Port Harcourt, Enugu and Yola distribution companies.

The National Council on Privatisation, NCP, had earlier
approved winners of the power companies as follows:
Abuja Distribution Company: KANN Consortium Utility
Company Ltd; Benin Distribution Company: Vigeo Power
Consortium; Eko Distribution Company: West Power & Gas;Enugu Distribution Company: Interstate Electrics Ltd;
Ibadan Distribution Company: Integrated Energy
Distribution & Marketing Ltd; Ikeja Distribution Company:
New Electricity Distribution Company (NEDC)/KEPCO, Vigeo Power; Jos Distribution Company: Aura Energy Ltd; Kano Distribution Company: Sahelian Power SPV Ltd; Port
Harcourt Distribution Company: 4Power Consortium; and
Yola Distribution Company: Integrated Energy Distribution
company.

The president also said the two hydro power plants, Kainji
and Shiroro, are to be concessioned.

He also announced that the processing of paper work for
the Kaduna distribution company and the Afam generating company was near completion and will soon be handed over to their new owners; while that of Sapele awaits the settlement of legal issues which has entangled the sale of the company.

Reminding the new owners of the companies that work is
not over, Mr. Jonathan said, “We do not expect the sector
to be revitalized overnight, but we can all look forward to a better time very soon as we have seen in the Telecommunication and banking sector.

“I congratulate our new owners who have taken over the
engines and cables that are expected to drive not just the
electricity industry, but also the socio- economic well being of the nation”.

The Minister of Power, Chinedu Nebo, in his speech said
the power ministry has repositioned itself to ensure that
there are sustained efforts towards ensuring that the
current privatization program was successful.

Speaking on the disengaged power sector workers, Mr.
Nebo said out of the 47,614 workers identified,
government has completed biometric capture of 45,156 of them. He added that “payment of severance and pension will continue through the month of October.

“I want to assure you that the Ministry has positioned itself toward providing effective overall leadership for the sector and facilitating investments with special attention on the development of the national grid, Greenfield IPP,
Renewable Energy and Rural access to Electrification”.

Sani Bello, who spoke on behalf of the new owners,
assured government that the new companies will work
hard to ensure stable power to Nigerians, so that they too
can make their profits.

“I will like to assure the President that we shall not fail,” he said.
premiumtimesng.com/news/145741-nigeria-provides-n120-billion-grant-bulk-electricity-company.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nigeria-provides-n120-billion-grant-bulk-electricity-company
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Miracy(f): 8:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
mnmm...if dis decision is gona result to a positive change den am in support buh my question now is...wont dis privitalisation of phcn result to exploitation of d citizens
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by awodman: 8:18pm On Sep 30, 2013
Even the US Govt is congratulating Nigeria on this historic feat...it can only get better

1 Like

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by vanvicker(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
I thoght you guys watched the presidential chat yesterday when He said till the first quarter of next year before the takeover happens,pls get ur facts right.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by jntyjnty007(f): 9:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
Interkel.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by ceejayluv(m): 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
maxwello.yg:
you think una sweet mouth go work on me? because mtn nd econet worked does not guarantee phcn will.
Make we c results first.
What if you celebrate and dance skelewu much as u want, just to witness no power supply for 3months?
Abeg johr., u no sabi weytin pesin dey take for nepa hand
Are you really expecting constant power in 3 months? Get real man, it's not feasible. The new companies will start to upgrade the power plants and begin the transmission of power, certainly a few years project. This is a good step forward at least. A launching ground to our Power Eldorado.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by ceejayluv(m): 10:24pm On Sep 30, 2013
Miracy: mnmm...if dis decision is gona result to a positive change den am in support buh my question now is...wont dis privitalisation of phcn result to exploitation of d citizens
The citizens are already being exploited via crazy and estimated bills
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by SwitnessA(m): 10:28pm On Sep 30, 2013
theoctopus:

What is glorious about it is that it shuts up ignoramus and haters like you. Did any PHCN worker tell you they were not paid? Yeye carrot! grin
Do u knw dat jos zone alone comprises of, bauchi, gombe nd markudi. Not up 2 10 staffs hv received der entitlemnt. So pls stp reasoning lyk a child.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by simpleseyi: 12:07am On Oct 01, 2013
theoctopus: That day has finally come. Power privatization is now complete.

GEJ has finally handed over PHCN to strategic core investors

I praise God for this glorious day!

This is a new dawn for Nigeria!

God bless GEJ!

God Bless Nigeria!

Good news. GEJ has finally handed PHCN over to Obasanjo, Abdulsalami and others who looted the country and have now used the looted funds to buy the country's future for their great grandchildren. Hurray!!
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by rottenegg: 12:39am On Oct 01, 2013
Littlehooper:

WHAT'S THIS ONE SAYING? WETTIN CONCERN TRANSFORMER WITH THE ISSUE ON GROUND..
Apparently it seems your in the wrong section.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by rottenegg: 12:57am On Oct 01, 2013
Most of us have forgotten how we used to cue at nitel with our calling cards waiting at hours end in order to just make a call. Wiping the phone handle with our handkerchiefs in order not to catch a disease that has no name. Now, we can relax and use our mobile phones at will to bash any president who is trying so hard to provide us with such a basic thing as electricity. A trend is being set in our great country and I think we all should just pray it continues in all regimes. Its not easy to break existing norms(cartels) in this country. It shouldn't matter which part of the country your from, a better naija is what we all hope and pray for. Obj- telecoms, Gej- power, next- water , next - health . . . . . . . God Bless Us All! God Bless Naija!! God Bless Africa!!!

2 Likes

Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by debola23(f): 1:20am On Oct 01, 2013
Oh! Now i know why those foolish Nepa boys have not come to disconnect my light this month. Despite the fact that I use prepaid and put the receipt outside for them to view.
Make them sell them. Hope the new guys have a good game plan sha?
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Successfigure: 6:12am On Oct 01, 2013
Suffering awaits delinquent.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 01, 2013
Bonny Island, Rivers State..... Stable light 24/7....12/365.....no blackout.....lolzzzzzzz
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by myola(m): 8:28am On Oct 01, 2013
pechiko: pls tell me what is glorious about this hand over, is it the fact that Jonathan didn't pay PHCN workers?

D question is are the PHCN workers justified the pays they are asking for to derail the Privatalization.
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by Miracy(f): 9:10am On Oct 01, 2013
ceejayluv:
The citizens are already being exploited via crazy and estimated bills
i hope twill get better n nt worst...
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by dami212: 9:16am On Oct 01, 2013
Well said. Gbam.. Make him go join anoda party..
ikwere militant: bad belle if u dont lyk gejs work pls join a party nd contest d nxt electn
Re: PHCN Handed-Over To Strategic Core Investors by vitality22(m): 9:50am On Oct 01, 2013
Effwazobia:

I just don't get it, so your point is that privatization should not take place, but rather lets remain in darkness with PHCN? My brother, this much we do know, NEPA is not working for anybody in 9ja. So what da heck, let's try something else. Anyway, you sound like one of them generator dealers
Honestly, you said ma mind. He must be a generator dealer or betterstill, one of the staff of PHCN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike Sacks Ndubuisi Nwankwo For Defecting To APC / Africa Should Be "Ashamed" Of Leaders Seeking Treatment Abroad - SA Minister / Ekiti Election Worst Political Robbery In Nigeria — Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.