Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,465 members, 7,947,875 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach (24410 Views)

Be Strong In The Grace That’s In Christ Jesus / Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Bombshell:(pt2) How Paul Distorted Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Never knew that certain people existed on earth without a free will. grin grin grin

We should get you checked up

jokersmiley

Phil 2:13
for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure. 14 Do all things without complaining and disputing, 15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

What do u say to these things?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Phil 2:13

What do u say to these things?

But to the wicked person, God says:

Psalm 50 16-17.... What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips? You hate my instruction and cast my words behind you.

True talk mr shdemidemi.

smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Apart from Isreal there is no other

Your Idea of a christopagan nation inheriting the kingdom is pure fancy. grin

vain Imaginations.smiley

Aspire to be an isrealite, to be amongst the elect.
Romans
10 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel[a] is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

20 But Isaiah is very bold and says:

“I was found by those who did not seek Me;
I was made manifest to those who did not ask for Me.”[m]
21 But to Israel he says:

“All day long I have stretched out My hands
To a disobedient and contrary people.”[n]
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Is the spiritual shdemidemi different from the physical shdemidemi?

Joker. smiley

Can you have one without the other.

You are truly of the little horn.smiley

See as you dey tie yourself up with rope

You cannot sin hence you do not need to confess any wrongdoing and you dont need morals as morals cannot save you or your children. you are sounding very blind indeed, spiritually that is.smiley

Whatever is in the spirit is what manifests in the flesh

There is a pure and distinct dichotomy between my flesh and my spirit. My spirit is a regenerated inward man that serves the law of God. My spirit is what I feed each time I study the word of God. My flesh remain sinful but my spirit subdues my flesh as I grow in the Word.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

There is a pure and distinct dichotomy between my flesh and my spirit. My spirit is a regenerated inward man that serves the law of God. My spirit is what I feed each time I study the word of God. My flesh remain sinful but my spirit subdues my flesh as I grow in the Word.

But all is still you abi, wether physical or spiritual?

grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:
Romans
10 Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel[a] is that they may be saved. 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Gather my elect from the 4 corners of the earth.smiley

This is Isreal.

And not some christopagan nation.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

But all is still you abi, wether physical or spiritual?

grin

No, the real me that will live forever is the spiritual according to scriptures but I am in this dying container known as my body.

My spirit is the one that can't sin, he is also the one that was saved by Christ.

My flesh is the sinful one that would surely die with time to be replaced by a glorified body.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Gather my elect from the 4 corners of the earth.smiley

This is Isreal.

And not some christopagan nation.

Should we take it that you are right n the scripture is wrong?

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 2:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

No, the real me that will live forever is the spiritual according to scriptures but I am in this dying container known as my body.

The satanist belive the same too

That thier bodies are not important, hence all the basterdising they do to thier temples

The body is the temple shdemidemi and not a dying container as you put it.smiley

Please treat your temple with respect ok.smiley

grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 2:30pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Should we take it that you are right n the scripture is wrong?

You only quote isolated verses to back up your satanic actions

The scripture is very plain about folks like you.smiley

A Double standard is an abomination before the Lord

shdemidemi shdemidemi

grin grin grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:
Romans

Christ being the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes, means Christ is the very embodiment of everything a person who seeks righteousness should aspire to. This is why he said to us in John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

interpreted to mean...Walk ye in the way I have worked (walk ye in me) and ye will come unto the father (be saved).

Isaiah said this as a future prophecy, for those who would come into the knowledge of Christ who were not originally lineage Israel. Because Jesus woul be sent to;

1 reconcile Israel to the Law and
2 Bring those gentiles who were willing into the Law.

Isaiah 49:6
6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

The satanist belive the same too

That thier bodies are not important, hence all the basterdising they do to thier temples

The body is the temple shdemidemi and not a dying container as you put it.smiley

Please treat your temple with respect ok.smiley

grin grin

You are the one imagining all sort bro. Saying the body is of sin and death did not mean obey the flesh, it simply means know what the flesh is n what it is capable of. The bible calls the body temple because it carries a Spirit deposited in thr by God. It does not make the body any holier or immune from death.

If you say I quote isolated verses, quote yours too. You can't use your senses or reason to say what God is saying, you must go in line with scriptures.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are the one imagining all sort bro. Saying the body is of sin and death did not mean obey the flesh, it simply means know what the flesh is n what it is capable of. The bible calls the body temple because it carries a Spirit deposited in thr by God. It does not make the body any holier or immune from death.

Is a temple not sacred anymore by any definition

Give us another double definition grin

shdemidemi shdemidemi
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr President:

Christ being the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes, means Christ is the very embodiment of everything a person who seeks righteousness should aspire to. This is why he said to us in John 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

interpreted to mean...Walk ye in the way I have worked (walk ye in me) and ye will come unto the father (be saved).

Isaiah said this as a future prophecy, for those who would come into the knowledge of Christ who were not originally lineage Israel. Because Jesus woul be sent to;

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Say on prophet of the most high God.smiley

I greet you my brother.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Is a temple not sacred anymore by any definition

Give us another double definition grin

shdemidemi shdemidemi

Have I said you should disrespect your body bro?

All I said was the body and its members carry the sinful nature inherited from Adam.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 2:44pm On Oct 04, 2013
MostHigh:

Say on prophet of the most high God.smiley

I greet you my brother.

I am honoured to be numbered with you Sire.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr President:

You have not done justice to the word of God. You have spin it round to infer what Christ being the end of the law is. Anyways, Gentiles who espouse the Jewish religion are called proselytes. They are different from the present church, a gentile who comes in to Christ is automatically a Christian and a son of God.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

You have not done justice to the word of God. You have spin it round to infer what Christ being the end of the law is. Anyways, Gentiles who espouse the Jewish religion are called proselytes. They are different from the present church, a gentile who comes in to Christ is automatically a Christian and a son of God.

You do not have a good understanding of the Old testament is why you say these kind of things. I suggest you peep into the word, THE REAL WORD. Get a good understanding of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the wool will fall off your eyes.

You have been ganked and rap.ed off your true heritage wink
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 2:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr President:

I am honoured to be numbered with you Sire.

The hounour is all mine brother.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr President:

You do not have a good understanding of the Old testament is why you say these kind of things. I suggest you peep into the word, THE REAL WORD. Get a good understanding of Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel and the wool will fall off your eyes.

You have been ganked and rap.ed off your true heritage wink

Hmm...are we still living in the old?

Ephesians 2
Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Is this nt whr I belong?

The bible says I was only drawn near after the blood. Are you saying I have been even before the death of Jesus?
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

Hmm...are we still living in the old?

Ephesians 2
Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh—who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands— 12 that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Is this nt whr I belong?

No my Dear Friend, that is not where you belong if you are from any part of the slave coast of West Africa.

Zephaniah 3:10
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

1 Like

Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 3:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr President:

No my Dear Friend, that is not where you belong if you are from any part of the slave coast of West Africa.

Zephaniah 3:10
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.

I actually asked two questions, pls tell ♍ƺ if we still live in the old.

What is the advantage of claiming to be the earthly Israel, that is claiming to be a direct descendant of Jacob.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MrPresident1: 4:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
shdemidemi:

I actually asked two questions, pls tell ♍ƺ if we still live in the old.

What is the advantage of claiming to be the earthly Israel that is claiming to be a direct descendant of Jacob.

Advantage of lineage Israel?

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

[b]Isaiah 62:1-5
62 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.
3 Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence,
7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
[/b]
The above is prophecy for the future for Israel.

Living in the old? see this

Mathew 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Try and read The Old Testament my friend. No one can can help you unless you help yourself.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by Tgirl4real(f): 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mr President:

hmmm...

Jesus is our perfect example.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 1:45am On Oct 05, 2013
Mr President:

Advantage of lineage Israel?

Romans 3:1-2
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

Bro, do you understand what this verse is saying?

Oracles of God means the word of God. After Paul dismissed the belief of the Jews in chapter 2, they turned up in chapter 3 to ask what advantage the Jews have. Paul said the advantage was that they had the word of God committed to them in the ages past.

Mr President:
[b]Isaiah 62:1-5
62 For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth.
2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the Lord shall name.
3 Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
4 Thou shalt no more be termed Forsaken; neither shall thy land any more be termed Desolate: but thou shalt be called Hephzibah, and thy land Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shall be married.
5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.
6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the Lord, keep not silence,
7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
[/b]
The above is prophecy for the future for Israel.

You are not answering the question bro. Simply show me the advantage of being part of the earthly Israel and compare it to what the church have through Christ. I am more than sure through scriptures that we have a better promise through Christ than the earthly Israel.
Mr President:
Living in the old? see this

Mathew 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Try and read The Old Testament my friend. No one can can help you unless you help yourself.

What was the requirement of the law Christ did not come to destroy?

Christ did not come to say you can now transgress against the law but he came to fulfil the requirement of the law which says the wages of sin is death.

Christ came to pay the price of sin( transgression against the law) once and for all. Death lost his sting on the cross and all captives of the law were set loose through the death of Christ.

Romans 6
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 cor 5:15
and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. 16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; [b]old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. [/b]18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by kingk(m): 9:11am On Oct 05, 2013
Thanks to the father, the Son and the Holy spirit........also greeting to you all; brethren in the house. I thank God for today 5 of october 2013.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro, do you understand what this verse is saying?

Oracles of God means the word of God. After Paul dismissed the belief of the Jews in chapter 2, they turned up in chapter 3 to ask what advantage the Jews have. Paul said the advantage was that they had the word of God committed to them in the ages past.

You are not answering the question bro. Simply show me the advantage of being part of the earthly Israel and compare it to what the church have through Christ. I am more than sure through scriptures that we have a better promise through Christ than the earthly Israel.

What was the requirement of the law Christ did not come to destroy?

Christ did not come to say you can now transgress against the law but he came to fulfil the requirement of the law which says the wages of sin is death.

Christ came to pay the price of sin( transgression against the law) once and for all. Death lost his sting on the cross and all captives of the law were set loose through the death of Christ.

Romans 6
9 knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, dies no more. Death no longer has dominion over Him. 10 For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. 11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 cor 5:15
and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. 16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; [b]old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. [/b]18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Why look for an advantage? is it not the reward itself, to be part of the messanaic kingdom.

shdemidemi shdemidemismiley the double vision guy. grin grin

Christ said to the disciples "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Matt. 19:28).

shdemidemi cant see himself in the context above hence his blindness to all things true.

Denial. There is no parallel kingdom to Israel

The kingdom age is Israel reborn, and not some christopagan nation as you vainly imagine.smiley
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2013
kingk: Thanks to the father, the Son and the Holy spirit........also greeting to you all; brethren in the house. I thank God for today 5 of october 2013.

Amen.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by shdemidemi(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2013
MostHigh:

Christ said to the disciples "Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Matt. 19:28).

shdemidemi cant see himself in the context above hence his blindness to all things true.

Denial. There is no parallel kingdom to Israel

The kingdom age is Israel reborn, and not some christopagan nation as you vainly imagine.smiley

In actual fact, I rest my case on this issue of Israel. Read your romans 9-12 to know what I am trying to say yo you.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

Who are the 'you' to judge the twelve tribes in the context of the verse?
1 cor 6:3
3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

Who are the 'we' in the context above?

Poor logic mr man the we no matter where they all come from will eventually end up as Isreal collectivly all of scripture attests to this. smiley

next you will be asking for scriptural backing grin joker.

See you running away from the convictions of Yashua master to come up with somthing ......

You cannot even face you supposed confessed master

Or is he not your master again?? shdemidemi shdemidemi grin grin

grin grin grin

The we in question is Isreal of course. but hey you tell us who is the we there grin grin grin

You will find it very hard confusing many with your double interpretation of the verse in question but hey give it a try.smiley

After all Your name is shdemidemi shdemidemi grin
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by MostHigh: 10:39am On Oct 05, 2013
shdemidemi:

In actual fact, I rest my case on this issue of Israel. Read your romans 9-12 to know what I am trying to say yo you.

You shdemidemi by the confessions of your mouth have no morals that you abide to and see not the need for them, also due to the nature of your special condition ye cannot sin hence having no need to confess any errors seeing they are non existent by the very nature of your being.

Try and read up on anton levy and charlie mason your ideas are quite similar,

You are a proponent of predestination putting aside free will as an illusion Herby absolving yaself of any responsibility. grin jokes I tell ya.
Re: The Distorted Message Of Grace That We Preach by INJESUSITRUST: 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
alexleo:

What I told you was what I experienced. I don't believe in your once saved always saved teaching that's why each time I see myself failing I do the first work which is repentance and pleading the blood for cleansing. Am not claiming that I am perfect but to tell me that when I sin I am still righteous that's where I have problem with you. You can't tell me that if I commit adultery now am still righteous. No.
you are right bro, wot is there is that, when you/we commit sin, the holy spirit will go away from you/us, and by then you/us have gone short of the Glory of GOD but wot the guy mean by (when you sin, you are still righteous) is that you/we have no condemnation yet, until you die in it, Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. So for the fact that, we still have that chance to repent and the grace of God is there to help us move out of the sin and continue in goodnes of the Spirit, that is what the guy mean by still holy in sin, so we are all going thesame direction, I think the holy spirit is leading us all. I pray God help us all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi / Televangelist Wants Followers To Pay For $54 Million Private Jet, It's His 4th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.