Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,630 members, 7,951,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? (12790 Views)

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! / Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija / Nigerian Vegetarians i.e. Vegetarians In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ibitomisi: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
I have one in my hostel.. He's not totally a vegetarian, he's just being selective... A specified type of fish, and that's all, he's even a muslim. And he's looking good, nice skin.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by chuksoyo21(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vegetarians in nigeria? Guy, thats not u talking. Things hard 4 nigeria, but e never reach d level wey man go chop grass, nah!
U, think am nah!

3 Likes

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Jensenelizz(m): 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
nickz: my elder brother doesn't eat anything poultry,are you saying he is gay
yo my nigga xcept he is doin it for health reasons den i would pretty much say he is gay.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Jensenelizz(m): 2:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
ibitomisi: I have one in my hostel.. He's not totally a vegetarian, he's just being selective... A specified type of fish, and that's all, he's even a muslim. And he's looking good, nice skin.
:onigga why u dey admire im skin abi u b gay?? shocked
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
ketoprofen:

but u take milk n eggs, butter,cheese, fish etc

Fish is a living thing, but I find it less guilty to eat them probably because they're cold blooded animal. I will choose egg, over fish and meat any day, any where.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by chiboy429(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
Am a proud veggie right from birth,am 20 now and both parents are also.its a wonderful experience being a veggie,it takes nothing from you to be one rather you live longer,stronger and healthier. from months to months,year to year you dont need drugs or visit hospitals for any reasons.

Its a live of ahymsa,a live without destruction,you live and see the animals in harmony with creation,it excludes any form of cruelty on them ,they will never be afraid of you .even dangerous animals like snakes wont harm you because you dont harm them or kill them,because whatever we do to others is what others do unto us vice versa.there is more to being a veggie.

At times those animals reveal secrets to you that you never know in creation because some of them are as old as creation but lost the crown of coming as a human being due to either one reason or the other.Today ,am glad to tell you that its not a matter of boasting or bragging that my grand parents are the oldest persons in Ndokwa land in delta state and they are healthier and stronger.

So my fellow NL,am not making it as a mandate but its the best lifestyle ever.

Any one who choose to or finding it difficult to practice due to one reason or the other should feel free to contact me this is my email address Chiboy429@gmail.com.or my mobile number +234(0)8182161527,it does not affiliate to any cult am telling you.any body saying it is just ignorant and must not be taken serious.

Never forget that blood is sacrilege,anybody shedding and eating blood is nothing but witchcraftcy,vampirism and cannibalism,.take a minute and go to the abatoir and see how this animals cry out to the creator and how they are brutally killed just for our merriment and enjoyment,meanwhile the parents of those babies killed are crying and weeping everyday for their dead loved ones.THINK TWICE,if you cant feel their pain therefore you are not a human being.

Wishing you all the creators love and blessings.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Perfecter4real(m): 2:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
Yes I'm one.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by coolest0(m): 3:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
Am a vegetarian, been since I was a kid, don't eat meat nor fish, love vegetables, and I aint slim. Be who you are, don't judge others for being who they are
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
we have
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Shifiunited: 3:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
Not exactly a vegetarian but, only takes fish.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by IlCapitano(m): 3:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
nickz: LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy you need to vist a dentist to check your brain I'm sure you can't read lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by akunjohn(m): 3:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
nickz: LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy you need to vist a dentist to check your brain I'm sure you can't read lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue

Dentist to check brain?,hmmn wahala dey o
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ferhyntorlah(f): 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
adeaugustus:
Am in Nigeria, when I have alternatives, I don't eat meat. Mostly I eat eggs instead of meat. As with the guilt, Yes. I still feel guilty.

Let me suggest other alternatives for you: mushroom, tofu.
Tofu is common with SDAs.

BTW, Happy Sabbath to all SDAs!

2 Likes

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by chiboy429(m): 3:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
Yes there are lots of meat alternatives if you are finding it difficult.you dnt eat seafoods,snails or eggs and refer your self to be a vegie.so as a vegan being the total abstainance to anyform of animal or by products ,you go for Wara,chunk,TOFU,there are lots and lots of vegie meals,snacks and spices/fruits vegetables etc that make you a happy vegie.its a wonderful experience.you dont worry about any form of disease or sickness becaure you are safe,call it diabetes,heart/kidney failure,BP OS what ever name you like.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Jdesilentkiller(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Once upon a time, there were vegetarians in Nigeria and they All Died of hunger and boredom.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 3:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
adeaugustus:
Fish is a living thing, but I find it less guilty to eat them probably because they're cold blooded animal. I will choose egg, over fish and meat any day, any where.

u are not a strict vegetarian then.
There are three types of vegetarianism.

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ketoprofen(m): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
chiboy429: Yes there are lots of meat alternatives if you are finding it difficult.you dnt eat seafoods,snails or eggs and refer your self to be a vegie.so as a vegan being the total abstainance to anyform of animal or by products ,you go for Wara,chunk,TOFU,there are lots and lots of vegie meals,snacks and spices/fruits vegetables etc that make you a happy vegie.its a wonderful experience.you dont worry about any form of disease or sickness becaure you are safe,call it diabetes,heart/kidney failure,BP OS what ever name you like.

u wl expose urselves to other forms of diseases by avoiding animal products for long.
Soy beans is d only source of essential amino acids, all these plant proteins contaim non-essential amino acids( those d body can make).
Its tasky living fit on just plant proteins esp for children.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by deols(f): 3:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
kekakuz: well i am proudly one
and am fresher than ya all
i also dont eat rice,bread garri

Are you on a weight loss diet?

Many people who diet after getting the desired result ho back to eating all they stopped eating.

It doesn't make them vegetarians. Plus vegetarians eat carbohydrates.

I hope you are not starving yourself. It could be very bad for you.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by flexshop(m): 4:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Theyjih: 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
ketoprofen:

u are not a strict vegetarian then.
There are three types of vegetarianism.

yes its quite hard to be a vegan or fruitarian when u live with relatives or dependents that their diet is flesh (meat) dependent .. i'm more of a pescetarian ( diet includes fish,vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, dairy, and insect byproducts (such as honey) unlike a vegan that excludes all kind of flesh.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Marlbron: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vegetarian living is entirely possible in Nigeria, although sometimes you may have to eat a 'normal' soup or stew without meat.

The vegan life is a pure form of practise of love to all of God's creatures. In the garden of Eden man had that pure love and lived as vegan as directed by God.

By the time after the garden, God related with man via angels, so the angels gave instruction to match the occassion. The original instruction on what to eat is in scripture. God does not change.

Vegan soups and stews are very tasty. When you eat them, you are healthy and no funny smells or strange movement in your body.

Most illnesses we suffer from are from fish, meat, crayfish. When you kill an animal, a human being dies somewhere. The animals are our brothers, they have eyes, ears, blöod, and they have sensory system. For man to rule over the God denied them deep reasoning facaulty. Folks should know that Abel signed his death warrant when the Angel accepted his fat ram sacrifice. He effectively sacrificed himself.

As a vegan, your innermost being is clean. When you defeacate there is no odour as you have not defiled your body. Most of the animals people eat feed in lowly places. Some have impurities like heavy metals which they transfer to you and cause various ailments.

Daniel practised vegan and God opened his understanding to mysteries and dreams. He successfully interpreted Nebuchadneza's dream.

John the baptist was another vegan feeding on locust bean seed and honey and he revealed Christ.

But you cannot be a vegan and hate your neighbour, or womanize. E no easy!

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Marlbron: 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vegetarian living is entirely possible in Nigeria, although sometimes you may have to eat a 'normal' soup or stew without meat.

The vegan life is a pure form of practise of love to all of God's creatures. In the garden of Eden man had that pure love and lived as vegan as directed by God.

By the time after the garden, God related with man via angels, so the angels gave instruction to match the occassion. The original instruction on what to eat is in scripture. God does not change.

Vegan soups and stews are very tasty. When you eat them, you are healthy and no funny smells or strange movement in your body.

Most illnesses we suffer from are from fish, meat, crayfish. When you kill an animal, a human being dies somewhere. The animals are our brothers, they have eyes, ears, blöod, and they have sensory system. For man to rule over the God denied them deep reasoning facaulty. Folks should know that Abel signed his death warrant when the Angel accepted his fat ram sacrifice. He effectively sacrificed himself.

As a vegan, your innermost being is clean. When you defeacate there is no odour as you have not defiled your body. Most of the animals people eat feed in lowly places. Some have impurities like heavy metals which they transfer to you and cause various ailments.

Daniel practised vegan and God opened his understanding to mysteries and dreams. He successfully interpreted Nebuchadneza's dream.

John the baptist was another vegan feeding on locust bean seed and honey and he revealed Christ.

But you cannot be a vegan and hate your neighbour, or womanize. E no easy!
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
There are vegetarians in Nigeria but they are mostly returnees, the average Nigerian household does not encourage vegetarianism. Between Christmas Turkey, Salah Ram, New Year Chicken, Ramadan Goat..... where you won take escape meat.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by UnimkeAk(m): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ehn.! If I hear

End time tins
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by chiboy429(m): 4:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
@ketoprofen ,thank u very much for you view,the tofu i mentioned above is 100% from soya beans,other fruits cereals and vegetables inclusive,never forget that daniel in the bible and his frnds lived healthier ,fresher and happier than the babylonians,.

Also soya milk is very essential source of milk for up growing kids than all this conventional milk in the market for children,due to the high fatty and cholestorol content.

Let me give you guys hint:do u knw that it takes the acid in the human body 15 secs to dissolve a razor blade but also takes this same acid 3 to 4 days to digest fully meat taking into the system.this automatically shows that the body is overloaded and breaks down easily in subsequent time.from America institute of physiology 2010 article. compare this same overload to a generator ,how does it perform when overloaded.the end result is that it will breakdown.therefor never forget you are turning your body into mortuary.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by IdeaIsNeed: 4:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
Guru maharaji followers

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by adultdesigner: 4:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
Vivly: I've always felt guilty eating animal meat. I sometimes pity these creatures. The way they are chopped and seasoned. Anyway, i've always thought about being a vegetarian but i know its not gonna be easy. Not that I love meat, but that it's inevitable to avoid food cooked with meat..
i can hear somebody talking,not that u love meat?but i thought that is woman talking...
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by dayleke: 4:51pm On Oct 05, 2013
[quote author=

BTW, Happy Sabbath to all SDAs![/quote]

Happy Sabbath to you too Lady.
"Maranatha"!!!!!

BTW,Is sabbath over at your end or what you doing on NL @ this time? grin
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by deols(f): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
blank: I am one. Been for the past 3 years.

For health reasons.

Although i still cook meat for my kids and my husband.

what do you eat then? and how?
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by deols(f): 5:08pm On Oct 05, 2013
adeaugustus:
Personally I became a vegetarian because I couldn't bear the guilt of an animal losing it's life because I want to "feed" myself with meat. It's unfair. Another reason was when I started dissection in human anatomy laboratory, whenever I see meat, the first thing that comes to mind is human flesh, and I'd be like "Hello No!" am not eating that. I still find it difficult to eat meat.

You don kolo be that..

heheh. see a psychologist please

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by deols(f): 5:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
adeaugustus:
Am in Nigeria, when I have alternatives, I don't eat meat. Mostly I eat eggs instead of meat. As with the guilt, Yes. I still feel guilty.

You are not a vegetarian.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by deols(f): 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2013
kingphemy: Yes there are vegetarians in Nigeria.

I was a vegetarian for like 24 years from when I was born.

Can't eat anything that have come in contact with or that have fish or meat. My soups and stews were prepared separately.

Stop being a vegie some years ago. And I'm still making up for lost time!

why were you a vegetarian?

and hope you are not eating too much meat now. It may not be good for your health.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Flood: Nigeria Receives 50 Tonnes Of Relief Materials From UAE / What Is Your Favourite Meal Of The Day And Why ? / How To Bake Nigerian Bread?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.