Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,725 members, 7,921,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 09:02 AM

Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? (12741 Views)

Are There Vegans/ Vegetarians In The House?? Lets Meet Here!! / Are There Really Vegetarians In Naija / Nigerian Vegetarians i.e. Vegetarians In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Jamie1(m): 6:35am On Oct 06, 2013
I am one.
TeejayMaya: Its so funny how many Nigerians can be so shallow in their thinking, they are fast to term Vegeterians as belonging to a cult or something... I am a Vegetarian and a proud one at that, being one since birth and would continue to be for life. I don't belong to any cult neither related to any but just naturally chose to be a veg even though my family are not veg. So to answer the OP, yes there are veg in Nigeria and not all are due to religious or occultic reasons as most nigerians term us to be.
am with u bro
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by OLEBRUKU(m): 6:35am On Oct 06, 2013
In naija, even d meat eats meat...
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by AnanseK(m): 6:46am On Oct 06, 2013
adeaugustus:
Have you ever dissect a cadavers before? If no, Then you can only imagine. The fact is it's pretty normal, some get to grow out of it, while others don't.

It seems you are not a suitable material for that profession. Why don't you change to architecture or computer science where your appetite may not be affected?
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Don1Dee(m): 7:42am On Oct 06, 2013
I am, since 2008.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 06, 2013
AnanseK:

It seems you are not a suitable material for that profession. Why don't you change to architecture or computer science where your appetite may not be affected?

Thanks for your concern, it's not really an issue for me though, I've always feel guilty eating meat (even before I became an undergrad) besides that profession is a means to an end, not the end.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ChiSun27(m): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2013
Jeel: The Seventh Day Adventist Church members are vegetarians

Not all but minority of us. I have tried it on countless occasions but e no dey easy at all. Though you spend more but getting healthy veggies is always the problem so I alternate most times.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ChiSun27(m): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2013
adeaugustus:
Am in Nigeria, when I have alternatives, I don't eat meat. Mostly I eat eggs instead of meat. As with the guilt, Yes. I still feel guilty.

We must be siblings bro...u are jst lyk me.

1 Like

Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by ChiSun27(m): 9:17am On Oct 06, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Let me suggest other alternatives for you: mushroom, tofu.
Tofu is common with SDAs.

BTW, Happy Sabbath to all SDAs!

Are u one? Maranatha!!!
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by bigtt76(f): 12:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
Yes naaa ...dem plenty for Lagos. Infact all those agberos nor de eat at all sef, the smoke weed and weed itself na vegetable. Those who do only veggies are vegetarians QED!
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
blank: I am one. Been for the past 3 years.

For health reasons.

Although i still cook meat for my kids and my husband.

so what do u eat?
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by adavetee(m): 3:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
Gov. Aregbesola of the State of Osun is a vegetarian.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by veave(f): 6:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
yes! helen and chiwendu... members of brotherhood of the cross and star tho...
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by LondyC(f): 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
i'm a vegetarian but its hard. its a choice i keep making everyday moreover it's not religious based or cos i love animals. i dont even like animals. i just found out dat its a healthier lifestyle so i try to choose it everyday instead of eating animal products. i feel great abt it
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by peziz(f): 12:09am On Oct 07, 2013
Well i used to be for 4 years but when i went for my nysc i gave up. I was a lacto-vegetarian not a strict one. My parents wanted it and we had no choice then.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by arthgideon: 8:52am On Oct 07, 2013
I havent met one. I guess there arent too many
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Princeemzzy(m): 8:52am On Oct 07, 2013
I have been a vegetarian since november 2011 and i have found the experience enjoyable.am healthy and well shaped cos i eat as many protein as you
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by chiboy429(m): 6:25pm On Oct 07, 2013
I look forward to the day when men sees the killing of animals as the murder of human beings.
Best regards
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2013
deols:

why were you a vegetarian?

and hope you are not eating too much meat now. It may not be good for your health.

I don't even know why. I am told I didn't eat meat/fish frOm birth. Tanx for the concern.

It aint easy stepping off the pedals. Have worked on three teeth now.
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by Adedah: 8:39am On Oct 20, 2013
Yes there are vegetarians in Nigeria, and this is where they hang out... Check it out http://dedaheats..co.uk/2013/10/going-vegan.html
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by purplestarlet: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2013
[quote author=Kamanda] YES I am a vegetarian.

I always mixi vegetables with everything I cook especially Fried vegetables with spiced Beef and Eggs.[/quote/ Ha!Spiced BEEF and u claim to be a vegetarian.........SMH
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by kimcarter(f): 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
Bin a proud vegetarian all my life! Bin doin great grin
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by chiboy429(m): 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
deols:

You are not a vegetarian. What is your health condition, if you don't mind.

@op ,you havent told us your stand since the thread started ,whats your stand?.are you one or not?
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by jude33084(m): 2:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
Vivly:
Some articles i get to read that deals with vegetarians are mostly whites. This is Nigeria where we have a huge gap between the upper class(the rich) and the lower class(the poor). . The poor are very much concerned with eating to survive than selecting non-animal food.
Also, most muslims can't afford to be vegetarians cuz of thier sallah ram.
Christians too cuz of their christmas chicken
atheists?....
So, have you met any nigerian who is a vegetarian?

I have one in my family,...he is jus 10 or so. He doesn't eat meat AT ALL grin

He loves veggies as if his life depends on it smiley
Re: Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? by tranxo(m): 12:44pm On Nov 04, 2014
My good people, the voting for Miss Nairaland 2014 has started. This is Elimination Round 1 where 2 candidates will be dropped.

Kindly head to https://www.nairaland.com/1980633/miss-nairaland-deceemer-2014-contest and cast your votes for these 4 damsels;

maureensylvia
vivly
annypie
jennimma

Thanks and remember, vote for all 4 NOW.

Kindly share this post and invite your friends especially in your various threads. I know I can count on you all.

PS:
Cast all the 4 votes in one post i.e.

I vote for maureensylvia, vivly, annypie, jennimma.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Meal Of The Day And Why ? / How To Bake Nigerian Bread? / Get Your Unadulterated Palm Oil Direct From Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.