Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,101 members, 7,883,861 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:28 PM

Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against (13968 Views)

What Has Religion Done For Africa. / Wonderful Testimony, 53 Years Old Single Finds Love!!! / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against by jantavanta(m): 8:20am On Oct 07, 2013
GustavoFring:

For the sake of Argument, I'll accept that Horus was black......Doesnt make him any less of a foreign god.

Unless you're saying its ok to worship a foreign god as long as it is black? undecided

I think I am talking from historical perspective. 3,500 years ago, the present nation-state borders that were created for us by European Powers in the Berlin Conference of 1885, did not exist. What Naiwu Osahon calls The African Mystery System was in place throughout Africa, with not much variation in cosmology.
What @Horus is trying to do is to wrest control of African archeology from white European control who with their self-admonished expertise, falsely re-painting ancient Egyptian history as Caucasian or 'Semite' (what is a semite?) in order to maintain the 17th century overthrow of the African model of antiquity.
Re: Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 07, 2013
jantavanta:

I think I am talking from historical perspective. 3,500 years ago, the present nation-state borders that were created for us by European Powers in the Berlin Conference of 1885, did not exist. What Naiwu Osahon calls The African Mystery System was in place throughout Africa, with not much variation in cosmology.
What @Horus is trying to do is to wrest control of African archeology from white European control who with their self-admonished expertise, falsely re-painting ancient Egyptian history as Caucasian or 'Semite' (what is a semite?) in order to maintain the 17th century overthrow of the African model of antiquity.

A religion of Non West African Origin is Foreign to Nigerians.

Are you saying it's ok to worship foreign gods as long as they are from somewhere else in Africa?

Yes or No?

Absolutely no need for unnecessary pedantics.
Re: Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against by jantavanta(m): 3:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
GustavoFring:

A religion of Non West African Origin is Foreign to Nigerians.

Are you saying it's ok to worship foreign gods as long as they are from somewhere else in Africa?

Yes or No?

Absolutely no need for unnecessary pedantics.

You are not our colonial master, therefore you are in no position to demand answers to questions based on your own definitions.

I am aware that the name 'Nigeria' was the 1900s creation of the wife of the of the Head a British Junta, posted from India, who is called a 'Great Man' in the text-books for primary school students.

There is no such thing has 'Sub-Saharan' Africa, so do not be quick to cage us as 'West' Africans in order to take over Northern Africa with the through european/arab grave robbers calling themselves egyptologists.
Re: Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
jantavanta:

You are not our colonial master, therefore you are in no position to demand answers to questions based on your own definitions.

I am aware that the name 'Nigeria' was the 1900s creation of the wife of the of the Head a British Junta, posted from India, who is called a 'Great Man' in the text-books for primary school students.

There is no such thing has 'Sub-Saharan' Africa, so do not be quick to cage us as 'West' Africans in order to take over Northern Africa with the through european/arab grave robbers calling themselves egyptologists.

Are you going to stop chatting shyte and answer my simple question?

Is it OK to worship foreign gods as long as they are of black origin?

Yes or No?
Re: Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against by uzoexcel(m): 11:12am On Oct 13, 2013
sad

Re: Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against by paxonel(m): 8:05am On Oct 23, 2014
the problem is not any religion itself.
the problem is not even atheism.
the problem is the heart of man.
all men are evil in the heart(including all
pastors and imams in Africa )
.religion seek to address the problem of evil in
every mans heart, but men (esp in Africa,
because most Africans are not educated, they
mixed up things with tradition ) totally
misunderstand the religion (the Bible and the
quran ) they profess, that is why religion has
failed Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flood Victims Rescued By Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Return Home (Video) / The Followers Of Orisas ^ ^ / What Is The Difference Between SOUL & SPIRIT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.