Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:09 AM

Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools (25471 Views)

Roof Of Female BVER Hostel In OAU Collapses During Heavy Rain (Pictures) / Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System Tomorrow - Collapses Pry, Secondary Schools / Good Private Secondary Schools Within The Lagos Metropolis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dgreat001(m): 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fadenitan: Aregbesola is giong gaga,runing into madness,pls help him.

Sure bro.....he needs to visit a doctor

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by specco(m): 6:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
What is so special about dressing as a school pupil? Subtle campaigning. 2014 is just by the corner.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by olaezebala: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by eaglechild: 7:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
Gbawe: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/oct/1/605.html
At[b] Ode Omu Elementary Model School[/b], construction works have already been completed, just as some labourers were spotted clearing the weeds around the school as part of the preparations for resumption for the 2013/2014 academic calendar.

What kind of name is this nah? angry
Ode elementary school.
Is it a school for odes or a school that teaches you to become an ode or a school taught by odes?
This is probably AregbeRASCAL's Alma mater.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Erinpeyin: 7:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Fadenitan: Aregbesola is giong gaga,runing into madness,pls help him.
Like your foolish DAD.OLORIBURUKU OMOALE.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Saintigk(m): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pray For Osun

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Saintigk(m): 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Osun A Dara

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Saintigk(m): 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Aregbe n koore bo wa e fara yin bale oooo

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
emiye:

Be smart and sensible, this kind of merger strenghtens the administration of school, increased standardisation and makes monitoring and evaluation easier.

I am not getting the point you are trying to make, it seems you are confused, If the state govt can provide labs and equipments for 200 students , it can also do that for 1,000 students.
The issue is dey av nt bn providing for 200, how wil dey provide for a thousand. Av u ever visited any public skul in osun state at all??. Must ppl r just graduates who doesn't even knw wat education is.
the problem isn't d system, pls get it into ur head. We av just refused to allow the system work. No matter how many times we change it it won't still work. Education shld b taken to d grass root, easy to access, effective.
U r talking of standardization with bringing pry school teachers over to teach secondary skul students?? What standard will dat add to skul. U also mentioned Administration, lolz, dey ask him to create one mega skul in each local government den.
A'rnt confused bro....we r experiencing it, not reading or watching it. If am confused, bro u r lost!!
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
It is clearly stated in the Second Schedule, Legislative Powers (section 4) Concurrent Legislative List, the 1999 Constitution, that the House Assembly of any state can make laws on post-primary education.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by emiye(m): 7:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012:
The issue is dey av nt bn providing for 200, how wil dey provide for a thousand. Av u ever visited any public skul in osun state at all??. Must ppl r just graduates who doesn't even knw wat education is.
the problem isn't d system, pls get it into ur head. We av just refused to allow the system work. No matter how many times we change it it won't still work. Education shld b taken to d grass root, easy to access, effective.
U r talking of standardization with bringing pry school teachers over to teach secondary skul students?? What standard will dat add to skul. U also mentioned Administration, lolz, dey ask him to create one mega skul in each local government den.
A'rnt confused bro....we r experiencing it, not reading or watching it. If am confused, bro u r lost!!
You are confused !, if they have not been providing for labs and other facilities in schools before , it cant get worse, but only better, now the students are gradually moving from the ramshackled "poultry house" kind of school to upgraded and decent buildings, you have no proof that labs are not built and equipped in the new high schools, you are just foaming in the mouth, a typical error in reasoning common with half baked graduates like you. you have no proof that primary school teachers will now teach class 7-9 students. Also students in the elementary school are now properly fed once in a school day. I am aware the state govt is on a recruitment drive for additional teachers (Osun state Tescom), ( https://www.nairaland.com/1189513/osun-state-tescom-recruitment-2012/5 ). Osun state has witnessed a sharp increase in enrollment of kids in to public schools, and it now LEADS in Nigerias school enrolment ( https://www.nairaland.com/1426263/osun-leads-nigeria-school-enrolment )

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Wendyslim(f): 9:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=28pt]MAY THE GODDESS OF WISDOM AND EDUCATION, GODDESS OSHUN, BLESS OSUN STATE!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

IGORANCE IS CHRISTIANITY![/size]
. Are u alright at all? What has religion got to do with education undecided undecided go see your doctor joor
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by durtman: 9:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
dazzy4real: someone should pls explain the system to me oo.. is it 4yrs in pry, 5yrs in sec n 3yrz in uni?

Think d university yr is not included,6,3,3 equal 12yrs im both primary nd secondary,
4,5,3 equal 12 yrs
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by durtman: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
dazzy4real: someone should pls explain the system to me oo.. is it 4yrs in pry, 5yrs in sec n 3yrz in uni?

Think d university yr is not included,6,3,3 equal 12yrs in both primary nd secondary,
4,5,3 equal 12 yrs
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by dharrey2012: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
emiye:
You are confused !, if they have not been providing for labs and other facilities in schools before , it cant get worse, but only better, now the students are gradually moving from the ramshackled "poultry house" kind of school to upgraded and decent buildings, you have no proof that labs are not built and equipped in the new high schools, you are just foaming in the mouth, a typical error in reasoning common with half baked graduates like you. you have no proof that primary school teachers will now teach class 7-9 students. Also students in the elementary school are now properly fed once in a school day. I am aware the state govt is on a recruitment drive for additional teachers (Osun state Tescom), ( https://www.nairaland.com/1189513/osun-state-tescom-recruitment-2012/5 ). Osun state has witnessed a sharp increase in enrollment of kids in to public schools, and it now LEADS in Nigerias school enrolment ( https://www.nairaland.com/1426263/osun-leads-nigeria-school-enrolment )
HAVE U BEEN TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL IN OSUN BEFORE?...........if u av, u won't be arguing blindly based on "I think".
Pls visit one today....!!!

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by maybanks: 10:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Acidosis:

Shut up bro, His rascality is within the limit of Osun state or whatever y'all call it..

The truth is, the F.G will never approve this one man idea on a new education policy..

Who signed this system into law?
What date was this policy signed into law

Will Aregbesola issue his village certificates different from the internationally recognised WASCCE & others?

Will Osun pupils sit for a different SSCE and primary exam?

What will happen to the one man policy after Aregbesola's tenure?

Lol! Now I understand what you mean when you said Aregbesola operates on a "different" level...

Better go back to your caves and keep on distributing your left over opon Imo 'ipads'..

Osun is very far from Abuja..

Abuja is to Nigeria..

as Osun is to Aregbesola..
grin
But this is the same policy senator uche chukwumerije who is the chairman senate committee on education applauded when he came to the state of osun some months back. It seems you dont knw what this policy is all about. U should av at least ask for clarification.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by emiye(m): 10:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012:
HAVE U BEEN TO A PUBLIC SCHOOL IN OSUN BEFORE?...........if u av, u won't be arguing blindly based on "I think".
Pls visit one today....!!!
You are the one making arguments based on "i think", and i spotted you out,instead of the fallacy you are operating with on the thread. i have cited some important references.
The level of rot in each of the public schools in Osun state varies, so what irrelevant question is if i have visited a public school in Osun state before? Will my visit to 1 or 2 schools in Osun state be suitable enough to form a general opinion of the rot in Osun schools?,I know the state government has a more holistic view of the rot than you have, and has fashioned a comprehensive policy to tackle it.
Like i said earlier, it cant get worse, it can only be better.

1 Like

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Consultville(m): 10:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Acidosis:

[b]Shut up bro, [/b]His rascality is within the limit of Osun state or whatever y'all call it..

The truth is, the F.G will never approve this one man idea on a new education policy..

Who signed this system into law?
What date was this policy signed into law

Will Aregbesola issue his village certificates different from the internationally recognised WASCCE & others?

Will Osun pupils sit for a different SSCE and primary exam?

Which one be 'bro' for insult grin grin kiss

What will happen to the one man policy after Aregbesola's tenure?

Lol! Now I understand what you mean when you said Aregbesola operates on a "different" level...

Better go back to your caves and keep on distributing your left over opon Imo 'ipads'..

Osun is very far from Abuja..

Abuja is to Nigeria..

as Osun is to Aregbesola..
grin
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Consultville(m): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
oh boi nice barca formation,
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Consultville(m): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
oga Aregbe nice formation, y u come add Tinubu to make 12 grin grin grin 2015 no shaking
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Kingspin(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
malc619:

AregbeRascal is on a different Levels entirely....

GEJ is still far behind him
A presidential seat that your comparing with a common state Gov. The gap, level, vision, plan, power, projects is too large as much as the works. 10 over 100.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by delpee(f): 10:58pm On Oct 02, 2013
2000 students wearing the same uniform at that Okefia school (i know the place) makes me wonder. Are there enough labs/equipment and teachers/assistants to handle this large number of young students?

I know that merging of schools is a big issue for the poor. I'm aware of people who dropped out of school because their parents could not afford the cost of transportation. Is he providing free school buses?

IMO the mega school is not fantastic in design. Its just like the old big public schools in Lagos. The Rivers State mega schools are more modern, child friendly and probably better equipped.

Too much hype on what is happening in Osun by Lagos based indigenes really. Many residents complain about this. Comrade Aregbe should get real before its too late. I have nothing personal against him. Just a wish that he succeeds. He needs to dump the sychophants and listen to/ analyse alternative opinions before he ends up like Chief Akande.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by mkoabiola: 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
Afta inhailing cocaine,d nx thing dat comes to hs mind hs awkward policy for my grt state.
First,it is d only state of osun in nja.
He doesn't gv a damn abt fed gvt.
God help my state.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by emiye(m): 11:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
delpee: 2000 students wearing the same uniform at that Okefia school (i know the place) makes me wonder. Are there enough labs/equipment and teachers/assistants to handle this large number of young students?

I know that merging of schools is a big issue for the poor. I'm aware of people who dropped out of school because their parents could not afford the cost of transportation. Is he providing free school buses?

IMO the mega school is not fantastic in design. Its just like the old big public schools in Lagos. The Rivers State mega schools are more modern, child friendly and probably better equipped.

Too much hype on what is happening in Osun by Lagos based indigenes really. Many residents complain about this. Comrade Aregbe should get real before its too late. I have nothing personal against him. Just a wish that he succeeds. He needs to dump the sychophants and listen to/ analyse alternative opinions before he ends up like Chief Akande.

. You will have to prove that the new schools do not have labs/equipments, or teachers in the old schools have been sacked or they resigned enmasse as such the new schools do not have enough teachers/assistants. I attended a public secondary school , and in my time the school population was over 4,000 and we were over 1800 in senior secondary school, and we had labs and equipments

More teachers are been recruited, as i am aware some resumed today.

The new session resumed today, how come you are aware of students who dropped out of school because their parents could not afford the cost of transportation ? undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Rivers state has a budget almost 4 times that of Osun state, the Osun state has built its own kind of model school suitable for learning that meets the required functionality.

I will implore you not to allow the opposition in the state to tailor your opinion about the state govt, Do your thinking and assessment yourself.
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Mcjoke(m): 11:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
dharrey2012:
Thank God u just mentioned dt u visit frequently. I stay in osun.....and next time u r in osun pls honestly interview 5 ppl on the street wat they think bout this administration. One thing I can never do is to hate a system, but if something is wrong, there is no crime in pointing it out.
Well on the roads constructed, if u were in osun state prior to 2005 u will notice dt all roads leading to osogbo weren't in good condition and all osogbo township roads were single lanes, oyinlola administration constructed akoda/gbogan-Osogbo (dual lanes) and Iwo/Osogbo roads, am sure u will b familair with dese two roads. Honey comb of oyinlola constructed 10roads in each local goverment area (three roads leading to my area where constructed)
There is no government that has bn in osun who hasn't constructed many roads From Bisi Akande to Oyinlola so pls get ur facts right bro.
.may God bless u ojare my brother, Most people don't knw this guy is actly doing more harm than good. Come to Osun and see things for yourself. D guy sure knws how to embezzle state funds technically
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by afinic001(m): 11:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Is 4-5-3 a tactical formation? Lol
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by olaezebala: 11:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Below are pictures of Laro grammar sch now Laro high school as converted by Ogbeni Aregbe. There is no new buildings as the old ones are still the only one on ground and to think this sch will be attended by 5000 students.

This guy has just completed one old school shopping complex look alike sch and called it mega and he's gonna demolish existing schools without provision of new ones.

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by olowop: 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
4yrs in pry, 5yrs in jss while 3yrs in sss but 2me na rubbish aregbe sori it get comma,
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by engroke(m): 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
Abeg na wic kind coach doo this formation? U can't have 5 midfielders and still have 3 strikers now tell him 2 use 4 5 1 instead wiv a false nine upfront........ D guardiola's way....hehehe continue sipping my alomo
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by tolma28(m): 12:07am On Oct 03, 2013
as I would have love not to comment but I cant just take my eyes and mind off this thread. I was born, brought up, working and still living in osun state. I will be sincere with my comment(s). the governors excesses are just too unbearable. he is a brilliant type but so authoritarian in nature. imagine he claimed to spend about 14.9billion on dis same project, didn't he think what dis great amount would have done if channel to just renovation of the demolished schools like his counterpart feyemi did in Ekiti. with the said amount he will be able to provide standard laboratories, libraries and school buses for each school. also has the governor forgotten what alma Mata is? what happens to those schools that has produced millions of great people in there good time? also has he ever thought about sustainability and continuity of his so called policy? look at his so much hyped opon-imo project, the so called opon-imo is yet to be well distributed as claimed. the amount spent on this opon-imo is more than enough to build a standard modern library with e-learning equipment in schools in osun state. similarly, he called himself an engineer all this newly built schools are not fire protected and he intends to house thousands of pupils in such a building. this schools are so small with no big compound for extra curriculum activities. In conclusion ogbeni and his team should go back to the drawing board and re-strategize and also ruminate about what the future of these policies might be. because that such policy works in lagos does not mean it is good for osun.

GOD BLESS OSUN STATE.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by VicEnny(m): 12:09am On Oct 03, 2013
4 years primary, 5 years junior secondary and 3 years senior secondary. The '4' years for tertiary remains as it is
Re: Osun Begins 4-5-3 Educational System, collapses Pry, Secondary Schools by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 03, 2013
[quote
author=Damolux01]It has been launched here in Osun state today...I think the
movie is okay, if it can be enjoyed by everyone tho'[/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corona School Celebrates Its 60th Anniversary Gala (Photos) / JAMB Speaks On Universities’ Cut-off Marks, Admission Criteria / Unizik Demotes Randy Lecturers Over Sexual Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.