Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,078 members, 7,890,560 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 04:04 PM

The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) (36907 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Low Level Of Infrastructure In FUTO (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by 01mcfadden(m): 8:05am On Oct 05, 2013
obinoral: Eksu is better than all this with prof aina on board.
Eksu?
That school is poo,i have been there several times.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by 01mcfadden(m): 8:17am On Oct 05, 2013
Aaua is not a paradise but it is far better than some fed. Universities. It is just getting better everyday.
Proudly aauite!
We are young and growing.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by eazzzy1(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2013
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 05, 2013
And some people will tell me that Nigeria is better than yankee angry angry angry angry

Devil punish Satan angry angry angry angry

Nigeria and it's dustbin universities cry cry cry cry
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by druzor: 8:44am On Oct 05, 2013
infoscope: Who says ASUU isn't fighting a reasonable cause...
we alway do nt c any thing good in this country.we will nt post the best part of these universities for the world to c and patronize us,instead we will go for the worse picture so that even the little progress we have made will go unnotice.there is hardly any part of uniben that look like that.if u r tired of the niger pls gabon,mozabec,malawi,mali,keya,somalia etc r nt far.we r just too many that if u leave we will nt miss u.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by ooofreezy(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2013
obinoral: Eksu is better than all this with prof aina on board.
great eksuite! Good to know I have my fellow sch mate here!
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by ketoprofen(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2013
100%9ja:
Where are the youths of this country?
Why should you allow these fools to continue
to steal your future? In a few weeks (or months),
cash will exchange hands, ASUU will call off strike,
and you will go back to this.
In the meantime, the fools will continue to loot
your resources. Your future is in your hands.

in that case, the students should go on strike too until the infrastructures are fixed?
@ OP, what about Esut, Agbani campus?
I know the infrastructure in Enugu Medical campus is satisfactory.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by kado(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2013
So , what does your VC and governing council do with all the internally generated Revenue(IGR)? Or is it not enough to fix some of this problems? Must government do everything for you

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 05, 2013
so nothing has changed

disgraceful
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by bobbymore: 9:38am On Oct 05, 2013
kado: So , what does your VC do about the internally generated Revenue(IGR)? Or is it not enough to fix some of this problems? Must government do everything for you
Yes, we have such deplorable conditions in our universities. The question is what does the Vice-chancellors of Universities do with all the fees paid by students, and rents paid by staff living in university quarters?. A breakdown of the fees show that students pay for maintenance, light, medical, sports, library, lab/audio visuals etc, lets say in a hostel the actual students supposed to stay in a room are 4. this number multiplied by hostel charge of N10,000. equals N40000, an average second generation university has at least 30,000 students. Multiply this number to the fees paid by full time students of N25,000 this equals N7500000000. This money can be used to maintain infrastructure, provide equipment in the Universities, but, this isn't the case. University management mis-management all the funds and expect government to provide money. Vice-chancellors connive with bursars to loot the system, after their tenure, they aren't probed. What happened in south south university after their riot a few years back. Each student was asked to pay N10000, from diploma, long distance, to Ph.D students. The school has a total population of over 40,000 students. Multiply that amount, it sums up to N400 million. They spent less than 10 million fixing the damage caused by students, what happened to the rest? What happened to the money? Part time students pay over N60000 a session. Multiply that by 10000 part time students it equals N600 million. The least fees a postgraduate student pays is N150000 a session. Multiply that by 3000 postgraduate students admitted, it equals N450 million. Some universities charge N15000 for P.G forms, multiply that by 3000 people who may apply it equals N45million. Now, for post ume exams, a students pays N2000 for the forms, multiply that 5000 students who may apply into a university, it equals N10 million, there's also the sale of forms for pre-degree and part time undergraduate programmes, monies run into millions of naira each year. The question is what happens to them? Government established TETFUND, there is ETF. This establishment raises billions for tertiary universities. The truth is until corruption is checked in the system it will be hard for us to move ahead. Now ASUU wants 3trillion naira? hmm, I laugh.

9 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by yemstok(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2013
My YABATECH is far better than these overhyped unis. Look @ Futo's Autoworkshop, it's just like a road side vulcanising shop.even Uniben's LAB, nuffin good to write home about.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 05, 2013
Yhoooo! Ku bad
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Funpeter: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2013
Ogbeche77: which of the ekiti state uni, is it the one I know or another eksu? Since you brought eksu into this, I challenge you to upload pictures of the laboratories in the faculty of science & also the management science large lecture theatre.. Its better you siddon dey look than to come embarrass your alma mata for here grin grin
Lolz nothing too embarrass there my faculty is Science and the lab are still manageble comapre too d one uploaded d chemistry, physics, zoology, plant sci, micro biology and bio chem they are good and conducieve not like the one uploaded and even the lecture hall are having a new look d only building in Eksu thats is worst is the ETF 5000 you can go there and confirm, even if the building are not enough but they are not bad at the same time. And when was the last time you visited Eksu?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by cutieemperor007: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2013
wandeykul: My school isn't like ds @ all,dts y we wan to opt out of d strike...nt big tho ,bt beautifl enviaroment,nice building n neat hostels,AKA 21st century univ....thumbs up 2 Mimiko

I almost write a similar post when I stumbled on these ur post, if those pictures are truely from federal school, then it is a pity, but i will advice that when ASUU finally got their demands and wanted to embark on the process of rebuilding the schools, they should come to our school(Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba, AAUA) so as to have a clue of what a 21st century university should look like. I sincerly don't see any reason why my school is part of these strike other than the fact that our ASUU are lazy....many thumbs up to the Mimikos.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by mooregan(m): 9:56am On Oct 05, 2013
bobbymore:
Yes, we have such deplorable conditions in our universities. The question is what does the Vice-chancellors of Universities do with all the fees paid by students, and rents paid by staff living in university quarters?. A breakdown of the fees show that students pay for maintenance, light, medical, sports, library, lab/audio visuals etc, lets say in a hostel the actual students supposed to stay in a room are 4. this number multiplied by hostel charge of N10,000. equals N40000, an average second generation university has at least 30,000 students. Multiply this number to the fees paid by full time students of N25,000 this equals N7500000000. This money can be used to maintain infrastructure, provide equipment in the Universities, but, this isn't the case. University management mis-management all the funds and expect government to provide money. Vice-chancellors connive with bursars to loot the system, after their tenure, they aren't probed. What happened in south south university after their riot a few years back. Each student was asked to pay N10000, from diploma, long distance, to Ph.D students. The school has a total population of over 40,000 students. Multiply that amount, it sums up to N400 million. They spent less than 10 million fixing the damage caused by students, what happened to the rest? What happened to the money? Part time students pay over N60000 a session. Multiply that by 10000 part time students it equals N600 million. The least fees a postgraduate student pays is N150000 a session. Multiply that by 3000 postgraduate students admitted, it equals N450 million. Some universities charge N15000 for P.G forms, multiply that by 3000 people who may apply it equals N45million. Now, for post ume exams, a students pays N2000 for the forms, multiply that 5000 students who may apply into a university, it equals N10 million, there's also the sale of forms for pre-degree and part time undergraduate programmes, monies run into millions of naira each year. The question is what happens to them? Government established TETFUND, there is ETF. This establishment raises billions for tertiary universities. The truth is until corruption is checked in the system it will be hard for us to move ahead. Now ASUU wants 3trillion naira? hmm, I laugh.
God Bless u real good, u r one of d few that r realistic and objective in thinking. We blame govt for everything. What happens to d school management? What do d use hundreds of millions if not billions d generate for??

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Network001(m): 9:59am On Oct 05, 2013
Dis re bad,bt not all skul in Nigeria re as bad as dis.....pls..upload oau hostels nd lecture thetre...let pple c it....Best of all skull....G8 ife jorr
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Funpeter: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2013
01mcfadden:
Eksu?
That school is poo,i have been there several times.
Poor was ur definition of it? And in what area are they poor? The area Eksu is poor is hostel and maybe equipement wise but strutured wise they are improving, have u check out the Socia science faculty, faculty of engineering and so on, they only lack maintenance culture.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by cutieemperor007: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2013
01mcfadden: Aaua is not a paradise but it is far better than some fed. Universities. It is just getting better everyday.
Proudly aauite!
We are young and growing.

Isee u my brother, yes oooo...proudly AAUAite....Adekunle Ajasin University noni.....
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by chukxie(m): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2013
Nigerian students are some of the best in the world! They have lectures inside dilapitated and crowded lecture halls with little or no modern teaching facilities. After that, they retire into rats and bugs infested dormitories to sleep. In spite of all the odds stacked heaven high against them, they somehow find a way to excel academically whenever they have the opportunity to study abroad! I hail Nigerian students!

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by ibkgab001: 10:19am On Oct 05, 2013
dr.uzor:
we alway do nt c any thing good in this country.we will nt post the best part of these universities for the world to c and patronize us,instead we will go for the worse picture so that even the little progress we have made will go unnotice.there is hardly any part of uniben that look like that.if u r tired of the niger pls gabon,mozabec,malawi,mali,keya,somalia etc r nt far.we r just too many that if u leave we will nt miss u.

Hope fraustration won't kill you sorry Inferiority Conplex @ work
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by kinguwem: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2013
Most University Administrators are not resourceful. Apart from looting government subventions they don't know what to do to attract sponsors to their institutions. They is no advantage in appointing a professor a VC. They should be returned to the classrooms while seasoned administrators should be appointed to run the universities.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by kado(m): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2013
bobbymore:
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by comradestalk: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2013
Honestly it will take more than 3 trillion naira to fix the rut in the university system....
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Wabsz: 11:15am On Oct 05, 2013
Ogbeche77: Gross, and Nigeria parades itself with pride as the giant of Africa...
What kind of products ll these dust bins(Universities) produce?
The strike is over 90 days, and students are home folding their arms eager to resume back to their dust bins.. I so trust our Arab brothers..
GEJ would've become history...
|| My dear from Former President Olusegun Obasanjo's tenure universities has always been in mess, don't call GEJ cos he is not FG, ASUU demanded for 87billion naira now they are saying what they demanded was 3trillion naira. Is education sector the only sector we have in Nigeria. If ASUU is considerate they will collect what they have been given by FG but before that is done, they should make sure the rest of their money is been put in the next year's budget, that way their will be peace, not to wait after budget they will then wake to go and demand for money.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:26am On Oct 05, 2013
All of Una wey dey post foto of building for hia dey form "my skool beta", make I no talk wetin dey my mind; mod fit ban me.

Na only building be skool?
Which kain tools dey una lab?
Una lecture room no dey overflow?

Go look obodoyibo uni prospectus first, come meet me for hia!!

mttttttssssseeeew!

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nizstephen(m): 11:37am On Oct 05, 2013
Some of this development depends on the management of the skools FG gives this skools moni even if they ar sometyms small it will atleast be enof 4 maintenance of the structures a skool wher d VC is squandering the moni meant 4 development of the skool wat do u expect, 2 mi the FG shuldnt be blamed fully bt also the skool managements I assure u dat my own skool is ok structurally becos of d ex VC we had who was up and doing beautification is excellent tho its a state skool ABSU but the environment is veri good if nt nw dat d present VC is a thief in is own way. I wuldnt deny d fact dat some internal sector of the skool is bad n corrupt bt the environment is good bera dan most fed skools av seen...photos culd be uploaded if deyz ani doubt
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by izzyD(m): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2013
Oh... See my unical... But trust me, the money this skuls are generating internally is very sufficient for them to maintain their school and even embark on new projects...there is way too much corruption in skuls to start wit.. Even if they do get this money they are clamoring for, you wont still see any significant change..
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by captainsinzu(m): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
TankGod crutech no dey dere..grt crutite!!!!
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Anthony4578(m): 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
who told you guys state universities have the worst facilities? come to kogi state university and see for yourselves the ultra modern structures....gibberish
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Anthony4578(m): 1:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
University students, what have you achieved since ASUU went on strike? join this thread
www.nairaland.com/1451737/university-studentswhat-achieved-since-ASUU
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
bobbymore:

With people like you there's hope yet for this country. So on point!
Re: The Deplorable State Of Infrastructure In Nigerian Universities (Photos) by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2013
hardeyincah:
this is bizarre, what is almighty about UNICAL?

Chairman, no vex naw but you sef supos know say UNICAL get levels and so being addressed as 'almighty': Am proud to belong to unical!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. / Nigerian Students Study In One-block, Portakabin Ghanaian Varsities / Babcock University In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.