Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,701 members, 7,965,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 06:02 PM

Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? (5943 Views)

Poll: Is abortion the same as murder? Is abortion forgivable?

Murder but forgivable: 61% (19 votes)
Murder and unforgivable: 12% (4 votes)
Not Murder: 25% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses / Is Abortion Murder? / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by 419er(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2008
See what is going on in Nigeria now people everywhere no job no food no shelter, Arise kill and eat is our national anthem 65% of the population are under 35yrs with 10% living above poverty level.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 7:31pm On Jun 29, 2008
419er:

Brother you're still to convince me with clues.

u gave 2 instances which u tink justify abortion, and I disputed them reminding u that every foetus has a right to live.
A right to either suffer or prosper the choice is not ours to make but the child
A normal right like u and I have. to a future, education and also a right to grow up and debate on NAIRALAND.

and I concluded by asserting that the only justifiable exclusion is if the birth of the baby will lead to the death of the mother.
the convincing is left to u, but here are my reasons.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by 419er(m): 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2008
You're trying to say that if a company needs 10 workers 20 applied they have to accept all because they all has rights to work abi?

Life is not ascepting what you don't want that's why choice has to come in.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2008
419er:

You're trying to say that if a company needs 10 workers 20 applied they have to accept all because they all has rights to work abi?

lol. . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by 419er(m): 7:43pm On Jun 29, 2008
noetic:

lol. . . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
It doesn't answer my question.
This the problem we africans do face by believing in what is not confortable for us because religious books saids so.
If I get an offer to own a BENTLEY car when I know I can't afford to fuel it or even pay the mechanic that do service it I've to offer it for sell.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by 419er(m): 7:53pm On Jun 29, 2008

Quote by Neotic
Y is her past history and the ex murder guy's past not history?

she has killed a foetus, who might end up as the president of nigeria.
without home training it will be like our good leaders.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by seyibrown(f): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2008
Abortion is murder no matter the circumstances that led to it. GOD FORGIVES!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2008
seyibrown:

Abortion is murder no matter the circumstances that led to it. GOD FORGIVES!
well said
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by mi3(f): 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2008
imho, abortion is murder, full stop! it is the pre meditated killing of a living thing, a living human thing, and bcuz its still small doesnt make it less deserving of life, so yea, it is murder,

i wont judge anyone for having one though, depending on the circumstances in which they got pregz, if it was thru rape, then maybe (personally, i no send, i go born that pikin! i dont know what plans god had when he allowed me to get pregnant as a result), but if na you open your leg and got pregnant? you have no effin right mehn, you knew what you wer doing and thers no reason why another being should pay with its life, abi na the foetus appear for dream beg you make you "do" ??
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Cayon(f): 3:23am On Jun 30, 2008
I am against abortion.   The unborn child has the potential of being a good and honorable person, a life that is cut short in a selfish desire on the mother. If the parents selfishly goes out and gets pregnant, using contraception or not, and then uses an abortion so as not to be weighed down by a child I find that to be an abomination unto the Lord.  The child didn't ask to be conceived.

However, when an abortion is used in a medical situation, ie. the child is too young to be born but the mother will die if an abortion is not carried, then it is medically justified and I have no problem with it.  And in case you were raped then place the child for adoption so that it has a chance.

Be sure to watch part 2, 3 4 etc.  Life is beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THS2zZ4m260
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Eclairs: 9:09am On Jun 30, 2008
Obviously, abortion is murder even though they call it evacuation,

Whether it is unforgivable is God to decide.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 10:58am On Jun 30, 2008
I haven't read so many ridiculous posts as I just did right now. I wonder how abortion equals murder. One cannot abort after a certain amount of weeks. Until then, the fetus isn't human.

If your God is so 'forgiving and loving' why the hell can't he forgive abortion? Contradiction much? Damn, God must be a whining bitch.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 11:13am On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

I haven't read so many ridiculous posts as I just did right now. I wonder how abortion equals murder. One cannot abort after a certain amount of weeks. Until then, the fetus isn't human.

If your God is so 'forgiving and loving' why the hell can't he forgive abortion? Contradiction much? Damn, God must be a whining bitch.
uhhhh
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Mustay(m): 11:14am On Jun 30, 2008
"A 100% of those who suppport abortion are those who are already born."
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2008
Mustay:

"A 100% of those who suppport abortion are thopse who are already born."
chai. . . . . . . very thoughtful. . . . . . i wonder how they would feel if they had been aborted away. . . . . grin grin grin
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Seun(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2008
If they had been aborted at an early stage, they would not "feel" anything about anything.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Cayon(f): 11:24am On Jun 30, 2008
TOSH!! If abotion is not murder then what the hell is it? Our God made it clear "Thou shall not kill" Get well soon!!
Soin:

Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 11:26am On Jun 30, 2008
Seun:

If they had been aborted at an early stage, they would not "feel" anything about anything.
that way they have been denied a right to live. to a future and a destiny.
put urself in that scenario, that way there would have been no NAIRALAND

seun, abortion is unjustifiable.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Cayon(f): 11:41am On Jun 30, 2008
Seun:

***smh**
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2008
Seun:

Exactly.

noetic:

that way they have been denied a right to live. to a future and a destiny.
put yourself in that scenario, that way there would have been no NAIRALAND

seun, abortion is unjustifiable.
That motherfucker Hitler should have been aborted. NOT ALL CHILDREN ARE PRODUCTIVE. How about a teenager who gets pregnant, gives birth and kills the baby? Why not abort it right away? What is with all these pressure on women?
I'm noticing how pushing stick up in asses has become a trend.

Cayon:

TOSH!! If abotion is not murder then what the hell is it? Our God made it clear "Thou shall not kill" Get well soon!!

Yeah. So? Your God was the one who Killed people in Sodom and whatever 'rah. How justifiable is that? So what if they were homosexuals? I'm sure there were kids in that city too. But your dearest lord was 'irritated'. Bullshit. Again, your God must be a bitch.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by StephenP(m): 11:47am On Jun 30, 2008
Ok Soin, we get it. You're an atheist. Still, can you please show some respect to the others who believe and worship God? Please?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 11:52am On Jun 30, 2008
StephenP:

Ok Soin, we get it. You're an atheist. Still, can you please show some respect to the others who believe and worship God? Please?
LOL! I'm not an atheist. I believe that people have re written the bible and have changed its meaning.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by StephenP(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

LOL! I'm not an atheist. I believe that people have re written the bible and have changed its meaning.

so how does that relate to God and the name calling?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 11:59am On Jun 30, 2008
StephenP:

so how does that relate to God and the name calling?
Notice how I said 'Your'. And I'm not a believer either. A God who killed a whole population and who claims to be selfish should find it in his kind kind heart to forgive murderers, seeing as they're in the same boat.

I am opposed to over religious people. Not Christians. ^^
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by galatico(m): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2008
Abortion is some cases are murder it depends on what made the couple decide to resort to that if the life of the Mother depends on it then I'll advice it should be done but,
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by StephenP(m): 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2008
Soin:

Notice how I said 'Your'. And I'm not a believer either. A God who killed a whole population and who claims to be selfish should find it in his kind kind heart to forgive murderers, seeing as they're in the same boat.

I am opposed to over religious people. Not Christians. ^^

therefore you feel justified disrespecting the other Nairalanders who believe in God?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Persona82(m): 12:29pm On Jun 30, 2008
I scanned thru all the posts and I don't see any thing about the doctor's who perform the "surgery". My sibling worked as an intern in a Hospital (a very good one at that) and he told me that no day passes that at least 10 girls don't come for registration or to perform the process.

Ok now I know that this thing cost at least 15k. That kind of money is not beans especially for the kind of people that come for this process. They are mainly students.

So If you want to accuse the girl of being a murderer what about the doctors, are they not accomplices; accomplices of probably over a 1000 people. Think of that.

Last week A couple were murdered in cold bold in front of their 6year old kid. And another 7month old baby. I'm almost sure that if those people turn to God for forgiveness, truthfully and sincerely they would be forgiven. I myself would want for them to have the most gruesome and painful death imaginable.

Its not what you think. This thread is not realistic. Maybe it sensitizes the one to the issue but not in the best of ways.

There's a parable in Bini that says you can grow big (or scattered) teeth as much as you want but ensure you have Big lips to cover them.

The Priest in my church says that if God decided that we all walk around with a daily sins written on a scroll and worn on us as a dress then his sure that 98% of us will remain indoors. What I'm trying to say is don't judge. Do you actually think that the gals doing this are happy to do it?. . . Before my post becomes to long lemme stop.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2008
StephenP:

therefore you feel justified disrespecting the other Nairalanders who believe in God?
You're daft. You want to talk about disrespect?

Persona82:

I scanned through all the posts and I don't see any thing about the doctor's who perform the "surgery". My sibling worked as an intern in a Hospital (a very good one at that) and he told me that no day passes that at least 10 girls don't come for registration or to perform the process.

Ok now I know that this thing cost at least 15k. That kind of money is not beans especially for the kind of people that come for this process. They are mainly students.

So If you want to accuse the girl of being a murderer what about the doctors, are they not accomplices; accomplices of probably over a 1000 people. Think of that.

Last week A couple were murdered in cold bold in front of their 6year old kid. And another 7month old baby. I'm almost sure that if those people turn to God for forgiveness, truthfully and sincerely they would be forgiven. I myself would want for them to have the most gruesome and painful death imaginable.

Its not what you think. This thread is not realistic. Maybe it sensitizes the one to the issue but not in the best of ways.

There's a parable in Bini that says you can grow big (or scattered) teeth as much as you want but ensure you have Big lips to cover them.

The Priest in my church says that if God decided that we all walk around with a daily sins written on a scroll and worn on us as a dress then his sure that 98% of us will remain indoors. What I'm trying to say is don't judge. Do you actually think that the gals doing this are happy to do it?. . . Before my post becomes to long let me stop.
-claps- Nice post!!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2008
How can a bunch of cells be considered human? Something that can't feel. Oh well.

If the baby is well developed then the matter changes. But at early stages a foetus can't be considered a living being, sorry!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Persona82(m): 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2008
@michelin89: Don't get it twisted. A friend of mine confided in me: When she was about to get hers done. . . an ultrasound was done (I'm sure u know what that is). There and then she decided not to go thru with it. But then the considered her options and the consequences of her decision.
She then went a got it done. She cried for months (iMean Months). If not that she knew me and knew the kinda person I was she wouldn't have told me. It goes to show you the extent of how she felt she did wrong and how she hurt. Its all a matter of conscience tho. But then its not just a bunch of cells
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Persona82:

@michelin89: Don't get it twisted. A friend of mine confided in me: When she was about to get hers done. . . an ultrasound was done (I'm sure u know what that is). There and then she decided not to go through with it. But then the considered her options and the consequences of her decision.
She then went a got it done. She cried for months (iMean Months). If not that she knew me and knew the kind of person I was she wouldn't have told me. It goes to show you the extent of how she felt she did wrong and how she hurt. Its all a matter of conscience tho. But then its not just a bunch of cells

I just spoke from a very scientific point of view. Science don't consider feelings if not many things which were invented wouldn't exist (weapons of mass destruction).
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by gentledove(f): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
Just like abortion is killing innocent children, spilling of sperm also means the same.  thou shall not kill does not necessarily mean you should not shoot your fellow man.  it also includes abortion and the likes.  May God help us o.  if you dont want to do that, THEN ZIP UP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is It Like After Pregnancy? / Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? / Why Do Women Stop Taking Care Of Themselves After Childbirth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.