Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,888 members, 7,879,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 04:32 AM

Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? (5866 Views)

Poll: Is abortion the same as murder? Is abortion forgivable?

Murder but forgivable: 61% (19 votes)
Murder and unforgivable: 12% (4 votes)
Not Murder: 25% (8 votes)
This poll has ended

Concern As More Us-based Nigerians Murder Their Spouses / Is Abortion Murder? / Would You Abort? Advice Someone To Abort? Is Abortion Murder? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Gamine(f): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2008
It is the same.

But both sins are forgivable.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 30, 2008
gentledove:

Just like abortion is killing innocent children, spilling of sperm also means the same. thou shall not kill does not necessarily mean you should not shoot your fellow man. it also includes abortion and the likes. May God help us o. if you don't want to do that, THEN ZIP UP

Where all these extremists dey come from? At this point priests and nuns should be made to marry and procreate after all they wasting their goddam sperm and eggs! shocked
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2008
Persona82:

@michelin89: Don't get it twisted. A friend of mine confided in me: When she was about to get hers done. . . an ultrasound was done (I'm sure u know what that is). There and then she decided not to go through with it. But then the considered her options and the consequences of her decision.
She then went a got it done. She cried for months (iMean Months). If not that she knew me and knew the kind of person I was she wouldn't have told me. It goes to show you the extent of how she felt she did wrong and how she hurt. Its all a matter of conscience tho. But then its not just a bunch of cells
It's your friend's fault if she's going through pain. Before aborting, think. I don't feel exactly sorry for her.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Persona82(m): 1:58pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Michelin: Well I don't think this includes science alone does it. Its way beyond that

@ gentledove. . . I'm almost force to laugh. Spilling of sperm grin grin grin. Oh well. Thats your opinion but it def doesn't encourage me to zip up. Feel me?

@Soin: I'm actually not surprised at your post. When she doesn't need your pity. She's obviously a better person than she was prior to that time.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Persona82(m): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2008
Just so you're clear when I say hurt I don't mean physical pain. . .
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
Persona82:

@ Michelin: Well I don't think this includes science alone does it. Its way beyond that

Since I have never had an abortion, I prefer to be detached and talk objectively. I can't start talking of emotions I have never felt!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 2:02pm On Jun 30, 2008
Why should you be surprised at my post? Anyway, good for her. Hopefully she learned a lesson.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Persona82(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Michelin: Who's talking emotion. I'm a guy, I couldn't care less (really). Plus I've never been the cause of any gal having to go thru that procedure.
If science was all that mattered then why do you go to church/pray; thats assuming that you do.

@ soin: Thanks, I'm sure she did. Thats the point (nobody needs pity or anybody to feel sorry 4 em).
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by nezerst(f): 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2008
Abortion is bad, evil and a murder. There's no doubt about that and there's actually no excuse for that
But sorry to disappointed all u judgemental hipocrites in the house who have probably done worse things than murder
it is so forgivable.
If u have no sin in u cast the first stone.
Idiotic hippocrites!!!!!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by girlsoswit(f): 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
Murder of course. Abortion is snuffing life out of an urborn or undeveloped foetus. No matter d stage it is, it is still murder because u cant create life so y take take. Bt there is no sin dat is un4givable as long as u are repentant n does nt repeat d same thing on and on. God is nt a fool u knw. So murder is 4givable after all Jesus 4gave d people dat nailed him to d cross,
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ Personal
You are so quick to talk about it's a murder just because you are a man.

Be detached, like I am doing!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Gamine(f): 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
Its murder. whether you are detached or not.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by girlsoswit(f): 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
Murder of course. Abortion is snuffing life out of an urborn or undeveloped foetus. No matter d stage it is, it is still murder because u cant create life so y take take. Bt there is no sin dat is un4givable as long as u are repentant n does nt repeat d same thing on and on. God is nt a fool u knw. So murder is 4givable after all Jesus 4gave d people dat nailed him to d cross,
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

Its murder. whether you are detached or not.

It's not murder at an early stage!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Gamine(f): 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2008
There is no early or late stage with Life.

Once The Egg n Sperm have come together

it is a Living Being.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
michelin89:

It's not murder at an early stage!
-sigh- My point exactly. That is why you can't have an abortion after a certain amount of months!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

it is a Living Being.

Do you know what it takes to be alive?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Busta(f): 3:22pm On Jun 30, 2008
I think its murder but very forgivable.

depends alot on the circumstances involved and Surrounding it
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 3:23pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

it is a Living Being.
And your medical/scientifical source is , ?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Gamine(f): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
My Dear Friend,
what does it take to be alive?
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Busta(f): 3:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
It really really really beats me the way a lot of u on this site "THINK"!!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Soin: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

My Dear Friend,

Isn't that what she asked you? Yet you're asking her? >< I don't understand this forummmmmmmmm!
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

My Dear Friend,

I know and that's why I think it's not murder, before a certain period of time.

I want you to tell me what makes a nearly concieved foetus a living being.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Persona82(m): 3:28pm On Jun 30, 2008
@michelin: at what point did I state twas murder?

It's definitely a foolish and irresponsible thing to do. BUT then there are far worse things (I think some1 said that).
Its just unnecessary.
The gal puts herself at risk n all.
1 of the many benefits of being a male cool

Early stage or no early stage why is it such a big deal then. Don't get delusional. Its not murder but its wrong
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2008
Persona82:

@michelin: at what point did I state twas murder?

It's definitely a foolish and irresponsible thing to do. BUT then there are far worse things (I think someone said that).
Its just unnecessary.
The girl puts herself at risk n all.
1 of the many benefits of being a male cool

Early stage or no early stage why is it such a big deal then. Don't get delusional. Its not murder but its wrong

Oh you didn't? My bad! grin
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Emeka72(m): 3:49pm On Jun 30, 2008
TO me I think abortion isn't murder because the baby affected is unborn and unconscious. Murder is when a born- baby's life is cut but for an unborn baby, it is forgivable.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Gamine(f): 6:08pm On Jun 30, 2008
A baby is a human, a living being
born or unborn.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by noetic(m): 7:43pm On Jun 30, 2008
Gamine:

A baby is a human, a living being
born or unborn.
Thank you. . . . . . tell dem make den hear grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by Gamine(f): 10:01am On Jul 01, 2008
The Foetus heart starts beating about one and a half weeks after conception
Ultrasound only hears it after about 2-3 weeks.

When do girls realize they are pregnant, after two weeks
So tell me, if a beating heart isnt a criteria for life
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by yemivictor: 4:52pm On Jul 03, 2008
LOL! grin grin grin

Did someone say spilling of sperm is also equal to murder!?

Damn! no more jacking off!! grin
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by sistajay(f): 9:44pm On Jul 03, 2008
lipsrsealed no comment ooo.
Re: Is Abortion The Same As Murder? Is Abortion Forgivable? by francessby(f): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2008
a big time murderer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Homophobia! - Nature Or Nurture? / Will I Ever Find An Husband / Do All Men Cheat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.