Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,212 members, 7,970,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:44 PM

Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge (16803 Views)

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! / Hugo Chávez, R.I.P.: He Empowered The Poor And Gutted Venezuela / Libyan Rebels Establish New Central Bank - Libya R.I.P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
proevan:

From the way I see this thread I think I will be safer if my nationality is kept personal, but I am presently in Ghana.
lol ....if ur not ghanaian or nigerian den i think ur pretty safe
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Theben(m): 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
chokl8candie:
He's a Ghanaian. Read in-between the lines of his last post.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
chokl8candie:

Thanks a lot.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by lekpalicious(f): 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Theben:
He's a Ghanaian. Read in-between the lines of his last post.
He is an alternate account i am sure of it. His first post was on this Topic of all the topics he could have chose from undecided
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
proevan: House, I have this Nigerian friend that got married to a Ghanaian lady this year in Ghana and from interactions with him his in-laws are giving him some stress and from the comment here on this thread it seems there is this divide between parents allowing Ghana-Nigerai marriages ; My question is this, do the singles of marriageable age feel this same sentinments in both countries

What kind of stress? He should just talk to his wife and tell her how he feels about it. They are married now and i do not think it's right for his in-laws to give him stress.

Anyways What i don't understand was while they were dating etc were they not giving him stress then? I want peace of mind in marriage and not in laws etc giving me trouble. If am dating someone where the guys family does not approve of me and can tell it will be a problem in future then i won't marry the guy. If the guy is the strong type who will not let such disturbances affect our marriage then maybe i could reconsider.

To answer your question, Well i think everyone wants to marry from their own country first because it is much easier(same culture,language, understanding and food) and it is less stressful especially with the family drama(if their parents do not approve). The culture, language etc may not be such a problem if they both grew up abroad and are "westernized" so will not really affect them much.

If you can find what you are looking for in your own country then will take that over someone from a different country. The fact that there is already this whole Naija vs Ghana beef just adds to the situation. However others have been successful. I really believe firstly you must really love each other and willing to make it work. Support from family from both sides(very important if not the most important).

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
lekpalicious: He is an alternate account i am sure of it. His first post was on this Topic of all the topics he could have chose from undecided
lool ...y'all shd leave the young man alone.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:

What kind of stress? He should just talk to his wife and tell her how he feels about it. They are married now and i do not think it's right for his in-laws to give him stress.

Anyways What i don't understand was while they were dating etc were they not giving him stress then? I want peace of mind in marriage and not in laws etc giving me trouble. If am dating someone where the guys family does not approve of me and can tell it will be a problem in future then i won't marry the guy. If the guy is the strong type who will not let such disturbances affect our marriage then maybe i could reconsider.

To answer your question, Well i think everyone wants to marry from their own country first because it is much easier(same culture,language, understanding and food) and it is less stressful especially with the family drama(if their parents do not approve). The culture, language etc may not be such a problem if they both grew up abroad and are "westernized" so will not really affect them much.

If you can find what you are looking for in your own country then will take that over someone from a different country. The fact that there is already this whole Naija vs Ghana beef just adds to the situation. However others have been successful. I really believe firstly you must really love each other and willing to make it work. Support from family from both sides(very important if not the most important).

Good points though but erm the issue is very touchy and serious ; there are stuff we talk about, shout about and even sing about but when we have to live them out daily it becomes a completely different issue.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
lekpalicious: He is an alternate account i am sure of it. His first post was on this Topic of all the topics he could have chose from undecided

I am an I.T.person and my first and easiest village square when in a new place is the internet. If it is good I would love to be what you want me to be.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
I discovered this about Ghana that freedom of speech is on a different level, because where I am from we don't really attack our sentinments openly on mass media, is it for reals or just a front please people tell me why this so ?
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
proevan: I discovered this about Ghana that freedom of speech is on a different level, because where I am from we don't really attack our sentinments openly on mass media, is it for reals or just a front please people tell me why this so ?
ok, now i really wnna noe where dis guy is from undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2013

There is this female Nigerian comedian that goes with this name you are using hope you aint fat because she is very and about your profile picture; I don't believe all the things I see
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by lekpalicious(f): 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
proevan:

There is this female Nigerian comedian that goes with this name you are using hope you aint fat because she is very and about your profile picture; I don't believe all the things I see
Who cares what you believe or don't believe. That is your problem and not mine. Besides i know who you are it's so obvious undecided
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
PetroDolla: Well, it has to be this way isn't it? It's kinda of funny but I seriously think I have done no wrong. I am very happy with what I do here and have absoiluetly no regrets. You know why? I find it completely absurd that some people or indeed an individual will, without provocation, luanch needless insults on a country and its people. and yet when someone like me reacts, I am seen as the trouble maker. I find that particularly absurd. People are getting with nonsense in the African setting because we are often too quick to intervene. when people misbehave, they should get punished. in my ipion, that is the only way to ensure discipline and fairness. when people know they will get punished when they misbehave, they will watch what they do, trust me.

I will never insult anyone, because I was well-brought. But I social and professional background also drives me to punish those I perceive as law breakers. that is the bottom line. You may ask, why the insults? well, don't ask me. ask whoever provoked me in the first place!

Guys, I have a lot to talk about, but I suggest you wait for my book. I just finished chapter 3. you all will be amazed! I got a great story to tell. so why should I give a fvck? chei, fuckeduppedness

I don't see nothing wrong with you defending your country. I agree with you 1000% let it been known no one can attack Ghana and get away with it.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
lekpalicious: Who cares what you believe or don't believe. That is your problem and not mine. Besides i know who you are it's so obvious undecided

Sorrries hope you aren't offended, my bad lipsrsealed
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Some comments from the video:

louie dana

Nigerians dont really hate Ghanaians,we just like to poke fun at them cos their reactions are always over the top and mad funny.Ghanaians on the other hand absolutely despise Nigerians cos of wat happened during the GHANA MUST GO era,which honestly i'm not proud of as a Nigerian.But hey shit happens init. But when it comes to football thats where the real beef is.

kusz prem

actually the current generation don't know much about GHANA MUST GO. anyway I attend a university where majority of blacks are either GHANAIAN OR NIGERIAN.Honestly, out of West Africa, we tend travel the most. We all hang and party together. We rep. Africa at the end of the day. We have that sibling kinda rivalry but we don't hate each other. And on the topic of marrying the other, even within Ghana most tribes won't intermarriage. Same with the Nigerian tribes

blaquecherry419

Nigeria and Ghanians are like husband and wife.. they misunderstand each other sometimes thats it. Lets stop comparing and jst have each others back coz racists dont see the difference. when ur black ur black..they dont care wer ur from.

Nana Mensah 2 months ago

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WE ARE THE BEST COUNTRIES IN WEST AFRICA AND WE ARE VERY SIMILAR. WE BOTH WANT TO BE THE BEST OF THE BEST AND WE KNOW THAT NIGERIA/GHANA IS THE ONLY REAL COMPETITION OUT THERE SO WE FIND EVERY SMALL THING THAT IS WRONG WITH THE OTHER COUNTRY TO MAKE OURSELVES FEEL BETTER ABOUT OUR OWN COUNTRY. LET GHANAIANS LOVE GHANA AND LET NIGERIANS LOVE NIGERIA. IT'S SIMPLE OOH!! IS IT BY FORCE TO COMPARE. COMPARING MEANS YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT ABOUT YOUR COUNTRY AND I AM SO THATS ALL.
Nana Mensah 2 months ago

Ghanaians and Nigerians are both very proud people and always feel like we have to defend our countries. Obviously I think Ghana is better and obviously a Nigerian will think Nigeria is better.

Atlas24gh

Bottom line is Africans are full of shit. I'm a Ghanaian. My family is Ga from Accra and my ex.girlfriend was was a Fanti from Cape Coast. She used to tell me some really mean things her parents used to say about Ga folks....why can't we all just get along?

MissNaaDedei 1 year ago

The need to create this Ghanains v Nigerian separation/ beef within us Africans is beyond me. It seems like we (black people in general) like to cause division within ourselves, but when another race does it all hell breaks loose...Btw love your hair girl! Work smiley

MissNaaDedei 1 year ago

I really don't understand why there is even an issue, it seems to be an issue between Africans abroad. I am not sure of the historical implications, but at the end of the day we are all Africans in a different country. I would say this separation stems from one's patriotism to his/her country, but there is no need to condemn another nationality to rep your own.

Lol i wont post the fights

Don't know why Nigerians think Ghanaians hate them because of the Ghana must go incident. I didn't know about the Ghana must go saga till I came on nairaland and I can honestly say the same goes for most ghanaians. The only people that knows and about Ghana must go are Nigerians. It seems as if it is a taught in nigerian schools.

Trust me the average Ghanaian doesn't hate Nigerians and if they did it wouldn't be because of Ghana must go.

4 Likes

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo you have taken the words right out of my mouth lol. Most of us were not affected by Ghana must go so why should we hate about that. Even surprisingly it was on Nairaland too that i first heard about it

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo or anyone do you know other interesting forums too for Ghanaians or even liberians or even Cameroonians? inbox me if you'd prefer that
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
Royal^^Pearl^^:
Kingmojo or anyone do you know other interesting forums too for Ghanaians or even liberians or even Cameroonians? inbox me if you'd prefer that

I am looking for such forums also. Topix aa forum used be nice but now there are always fights between Africans, caribbean against black Americans. U can try that.
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
Kingmojo:

I am looking for such forums also. Topix aa forum used be nice but now there are always fights between Africans, caribbean against black Americans. U can try that.
I have joined some. There are some nice ones, there is this one for Ghanaians in disapora but they need to first give you approval before you can join that one. Once i get the list will let you know too
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Tonylyte(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2013
Huh?
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2013
Ermmm undecided I thought this thread is strictly for people living in Ghana thereby making Ghanaians majority in here, how come some people left and others are contemplating leaving ?
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by HezronLorraine(m): 4:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
The creator of this thread has de-activated account.Why?
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by RoyalPearl(f): 5:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: The creator of this thread has de-activated account.Why?

Lol million dollar question
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by lekpalicious(f): 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2013
^Lol
Re: Nairalanders In Ghana, V.I.P Lounge by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: The creator of this thread has de-activated account.Why?

He realized his mistake, it was copy and paste so he secided to leave and join the winning team.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Biden Calls On Trump Supporters To 'pull Back,' Urges Decency / The Israeli Raid On Damascus, An ‘unprecedented’ Escalation Of Tensions / U.S. National Security Adviser, General Flynn, Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.