Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,452 members, 7,904,676 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:28 PM

Commitment - A New Perspective - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Commitment - A New Perspective (3729 Views)

12 Signs You Have Commitment Phobia And How To Fix it / Reasons Why Guys Avoid Commitment / Commitment A Special Ingredient To A Successful Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:13am On Jun 30, 2008
oka you guys are impossible. it is just a gut feeling that you are among the person you are suppose to be with oka. when you talk to that person and get to know them, they stand out from the rest.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Hannibal: 2:15am On Jun 30, 2008
made.n.9ja:

@Hannibal, I am laughing so hard at what u said,
but come on man, at least if someone has been with several people, thre must've been that one person that stood out,
even u, i'm sure u've taht 'one person' that u liked the most, out of all of the rest, be honest,

U make this sound as if i dated all of em in one day and it's easy to choose the best out of the whole lot.
It'd be unfair to judge em like that. . . . . .The "Ronke" u dated 5 years ago was hooked under different circumstances and diffferent "state of mind" to Chinyere you are dating now.  So how do we tell which one is the best?? undecided undecided undecided

A gurl that left u when u were still broke 5 years ago wouldn't do the same today if u are rich. . . .Thats the way LIFE is.
Blimey. . . .The chic that is glued to u today might not even look at u 8 years ago when u were still a struggling student, isn't it??
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by debosky(m): 2:17am On Jun 30, 2008
Its not true - ask people who have come out of the romantic haze of adolescence/early adulthood. You face reality and make cold hard decisions. Only people still in the honeymoon phase still talk about feelings making someone stand out. Its 'feelings' that make people stay in abusive relationships because they think he is 'the one'.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by maden9ja(m): 2:17am On Jun 30, 2008
well well, Onyinye, you've been cornered,

how can u 'just know' when u haven't experienced it before??

But I do understand that u're jst trying to stay optimistic, that's what we shud all do,

Also it's not like Hannibal has no emotions, maybe they've just flown from his heart and down south of his body and a place whre the sun don't shine, lol, dude, trust me, u're a role model to lots of pple,
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Nobody: 2:18am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

oka you guys are impossible. it is just a gut feeling that you are among the person you are suppose to be with oka. when you talk to that person and get to know them, they stand out from the rest.

You can get this "special feeling" with 200 women, is that a signal to marry them all?
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:22am On Jun 30, 2008
let me put it this way. it is not just a special feeling that you know that person was meant for you. it is a gut feeling. like i bet you have never been stabbed with a knife but are pretty sure it is going to hurt. but remember you havent experienced it before but you just know it is going to hurt.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by maden9ja(m): 2:23am On Jun 30, 2008
yes u're right Hannibal, it's mostly about a person's current situation,

but guys, we can expect to see eye to eye with Onyinye, remember, "men are from mars and women are from venus",

i can't even believe i read that book from back to back, one of my most boring reads ever,

but anyway, O is just speaking like most gals wud, in that 'knight in shining armor fashion', that girls always talk abt,
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

let me put it this way. it is not just a special feeling that you know that person was meant for you. it is a gut feeling. like i bet you have never been stabbed with a knife but are pretty sure it is going to hurt. but remember you havent experienced it before but you just know it is going to hurt.

not all knife stabs hurt actually. tongue
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:27am On Jun 30, 2008
made.n.9ja:

yes u're right Hannibal, it's mostly about a person's current situation,

but guys, we can expect to see eye to eye with Onyinye, remember, "men are from mars and women are from venus",

i can't even believe i read that book from back to back, one of my most boring reads ever,

but anyway, O is just speaking like most gals would, in that 'knight in shining armor fashion', that girls always talk about,

oka no need to bring women down with that comment. we dont live in fairy tales. im just a very romantic person who believes that there is only one TRUE soul mate.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by debosky(m): 2:30am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

not all knife stabs hurt actually. tongue
yep, a little anesthesia takes care of the pain. wink

feeling my foot - there is more than one person out there that you can have the so called 'meant for you' feeling with. the entire concept of a 'soul mate' is a fantasy creation. there is no 'one person' you are 'meant' to be with.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

oka no need to bring women down with that comment. we don't live in fairy tales. im just a very romantic person who believes that there is only one TRUE soul mate.

wake up from your slumber. There are plenty of "possible" soul mates. Whichever one you end up with will depend on decisions you will have to make with your head not your heart.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by maden9ja(m): 2:31am On Jun 30, 2008
the book was actually written by a man,
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Hannibal: 2:31am On Jun 30, 2008
made.n.9ja:

Also it's not like Hannibal has no emotions, maybe they've just flown from his heart and down south of his body and a place where the sun don't shine, lol, dude, trust me, u're a role model to lots of people,

Come on, dude . . . . .I am not a ROBOT.
I just don't believe in all those "thunderbolt" myths that hit a guy when they see that special woman.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:35am On Jun 30, 2008
YOU GUYS ARE ROMANCE KILLERS!!!! so you are telling me when you marry that woman was not meant for you to be with eh??
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by eldee(m): 2:35am On Jun 30, 2008
Hannibal:

Come on, dude . . . . .I am not a ROBOT.
I just don't believe in all those "thunderbolt" myths that hit a guy when they see that special woman.
Blame the movies for the 'fireworks' and 'connection' myths
The funniest one is 'we were made for each other'  cheesy cheesy
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by EXPONENT(m): 2:36am On Jun 30, 2008
dude must be seriously UGLY.

Females are DYING for a well educated, employed brotha with a balanced psychology.

Besides, your reasons don't make sense.

You marry for LOVE (which is not a good reason) or Partnership(somebody to help pay the bills).

Well, that's what we do here in Amerikka.

btw, the ones that marry for love , GET DIVORCED often.

Love fades, but the bill must be PAID.

Recognize!
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

YOU GUYS ARE ROMANCE KILLERS!!!! so you are telling me when you marry that woman was not meant for you to be with eh??

Would you be interested in romance with a drug addict even though you think he's ur soulmate?
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:39am On Jun 30, 2008
davidylan:

Would you be interested in romance with a drug addict even though you think he's your soulmate?

tyrna be katt williams arent we?? why would i be with a drug addict??

@exponent

man is there no such thing as love to you?? such a shame. lets see if i can turn dat around.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Hannibal: 2:41am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

Blame the movies for the 'fireworks' and 'connection' myths
The funniest one is 'we were made for each other'   cheesy cheesy

Don't mind these chics . . . . They are so romantically fraudulent.
A gurl was purring over me some years ago how cute i look and reh reh reh and i popped the question. . .
I was like, would u feel the same if i was an albino with a hunch on me back?? She said HELL NO. . . .
If we were made for each other, nothing should matter. . . .Isn't it?? grin cheesy
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:43am On Jun 30, 2008
@ hannibal

that "girl" had no romantic attraction to you. it was only physical. probably just tryna get a piece of action from you and leave you. no offense.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Mesmerize(f): 2:44am On Jun 30, 2008
EXPONENT:

dude must be seriously UGLY.

Females are DYING for a well educated, employed brotha with a balanced psychology.

Besides, your reasons don't make sense.

You marry for LOVE (which is not a good reason) or Partnership(somebody to help pay the bills).

Well, that's what we do here in Amerikka.

between, the ones that marry for love , GET DIVORCED often.

Love fades, but the bill must be PAID.

Recognize!
lmao@ ugly comment!

Anywaz, this post does make sense.
People who often go into a relationship with the idea that love solves everything, most of the time always crumble faster.
hahha, love fades? hmm! that's tru o. I mean, you love him he loves you, bla bla, what's love gotta do with it when the banks and business and home agents are calling you to get the bill paid.
Abeg, love is not everything jare!

exponent, I must steal your word. .people plzzz recognize cheesy
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Hannibal: 2:45am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@ hannibal

that "girl" had no romantic attraction to you. it was only physical. probably just trying to get a piece of action from you and leave you. no offense.

Exactly ma point!!!

This is where women get it wrong. . . .
U have to be physically attracted to a guy before u can even date him. . . . . .
Girls talk about romance. . . . .but which comes first??
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:49am On Jun 30, 2008
@ hannibal

of course physical comes first. unless you are a mind reader. tongue but the girl you were talking about didnt really know you as a person. all she cared about was the physically. sounds superficial to me. after the physical you get to know the person outside their looks.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by eldee(m): 2:52am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@ hannibal

of course physical comes first. unless you are a mind reader. tongue but the girl you were talking about didnt really know you as a person. all she cared about was the physically. sounds superficial to me. after the physical you get to know the person outside their looks.
But do you agree that for you to date sumone, he must be PHYSICALLY attractive?
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 2:56am On Jun 30, 2008
@eldee

well yeah. i see myself as attractive and feel that the guy im with should match up to that. but im not saying looks are everything in a relationship. i have gone out with a guy who wasnt as we say "physically" attractive, but he was a nice guy.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Hannibal: 2:56am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@ hannibal

It's not superficial. . . . . Thats the way things develop.
Relationship starts from the physical before it develops into romance.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 30, 2008
Hannibal:

It's not superficial. . . . . Thats the way things develop.
Relationship starts from the physical but it develops into romance.

No no no no. Error.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 3:01am On Jun 30, 2008
@ hannibal

i have to agree with david on that one.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by eldee(m): 3:04am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@eldee
well yeah
Aight . . . so how do you know if the person for you is not the roadside mechanic? Since you won't even give him a chance to know you?
How come the so called 'made for each other' dude is always the one you met at your erm prom or wherever teenagers like you go to ?
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Hannibal: 3:04am On Jun 30, 2008
onyinye2:

@ hannibal

i have to agree with david on that one.

Please expantiate. . . .

As for me and many people i know, i can only date and fall in love with a woman i am physically attracted to. . .
U will not find me dead beside someone i am not attracted to. . . .I don't date cos i pity or all that rass cloth. . . It has to be right.
I know what i want in ma mind's eye and i go for it.

So it's physical B4 Romance.
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 30, 2008
Hannibal:

Please expantiate. . . .

As for me and many people i know, i can only date and fall in love with a woman i am physically attracted to. . .
You will not find me dead beside someone i am not attracted to. . . .I don't date because i pity or all that rass cloth. . . It has to be right.
I know what i want in ma mind's eye and i go for it.

So it's physical B4 Romance.

same goes for most men. BUT to put the physical before romance is a sure sign you're not going to last. You mean to say the initial thought that comes to your mind when you first saw her was how to lay her?
Re: Commitment - A New Perspective by onyinye2(f): 3:07am On Jun 30, 2008
eldee:

Aight . . . so how do you know if the person for you is not the roadside mechanic? Since you won't even give him a chance to know you?
How come the so called 'made for each other' dude is always the one you met at your erm prom or wherever teenagers like you go to ?

Prom? ? ? oka. who said a roadside mechanic cant be attractive??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Letter To My Future Husband / What Does This Phrase Mean "You Are Too Good For Me" / What Tribe In Nigeria Has The Most Well Behaved Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.