Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,631 members, 7,948,426 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 08:45 PM

Anti-tithe Churches - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithe Churches (8542 Views)

Stop Financing Pastor's Extravagant Lifestyle With Your Tithe! / Anti-tithe Arguments are Motivated By Selfishness And Ignorance / Design An Anti-Tithe Tract for £50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Enigma(m): 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
^^^ "Mandatory", "obligatory" etc

So all this time, you never really understood the argument? Why then would I want to waste my time with you?

No wonder you were asked for ten reasons why your ignorance should be indulged!

smiley
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Candour(m): 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2013
God2man:

Pro-tithers and Anti-tithers.

Pro-tither- supporting or appproving the doctrine of tithing.

Anti-tither- opposed to or against the docrine of tithing.

Op said churches that do not preach about tithe, you have added another vocabulary, "obligatory" "mandatory".

There is a big difference between Pro and Anti, now, let me ask you, is there any church that has a doctrinal stand against Tithe?

If you ask me, i will say no.

Thank God, i am yet to see any church condemning tithe as you people condemn it on this forum, you criticized, castigate and went ahead to call men of God names like, thieves, fraudulent preachers, and so many absurd names.

If we have churches preaching against tithe this way, there will be no problem, but it is difficult to see a church taking a doctrinal stand and stipulates that Tithe is a fraud. It is very difficult. If there is any, let me know.

You also said those churches are already more than ten. Where are they?

Too bad.

God2man.
According to the Op

Church of Christ preaches against tithe and calls it a fraud. I attend bible study there so i know
JW preaches against tithe. i'm sure you know this.

Those 2 i named preach vehemently against it and they are spread all over the world.

At least you and your friends lies about the Catholic church collecting mandatory tithes has been flushed down the toilet and that is talking about a church with 1billion adherents worldwide.

At least in terms of your criteria of numbers in judging what is right, shouldn't you join the catholic church's stand? they are more than all pentecostal tithe payers combined since you refused to be led by the word wink
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by God2man(m): 1:01pm On Oct 10, 2013
Where is the church of christ? Give us the location.

Is there any Jehovah witness on this forum to help us out about the doctrine of Anti-tithe?

Who flushed it down the toilet?

You people are fond of calling people bad names, i have not done that, yet,you are calling me a liar. This is why i embraced discussion to arguement.
This thread is already turning to an arguement. I came here to ask for 10 Anti-tithe churches, up till now, i am yet to get a straightforward answers, instead, it has been manipulation in various forms, just to divert my attention.

Am i really a liar? If i am a liar, i stand to be corrected, i will sincerely apologize, but to my knowledge, i have not observed where i told a lie, if have mistakenly done that, call my attention to it, i am willing to make amend.

Who is a liar? The devil is the Father of lies, if i tell lie, then i am doing the work of the devil. I am a child of God and not of the devil.

Very soon, I am going to leave this thread.

Once again, i say God bless you to all my bretheren on this forum.

God2man.
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Candour(m): 1:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
God2man: Where is the church of christ? Give us the location.

Is there any Jehovah witness on this forum to help us out about the doctrine of Anti-tithe?

Who flushed it down the toilet?

You people are fond of calling people bad names, i have not done that, yet,you are calling me a liar. This is why i embraced discussion to arguement.
This thread is already turning to an arguement. I came here to ask for 10 Anti-tithe churches, up till now, i am yet to get a straightforward answers, instead, it has been manipulation in various forms, just to divert my attention.

Am i really a liar? If i am a liar, i stand to be corrected, i will sincerely apologize, but to my knowledge, i have not observed where i told a lie, if have mistakenly done that, call my attention to it, i am willing to make amend.

Who is a liar? The devil is the Father of lies, if i tell lie, then i am doing the work of the devil. I am a child of God and not of the devil.

Very soon, I am going to leave this thread.

Once again, i say God bless you to all my bretheren on this forum.

God2man.

If you are interested, you can visit the links below to get the addresses of some congregations in Nigeria

http://church-of-christ.org/churches/Nigeria/Abuja_S.htm

http://church-of-christ.org/churches/Nigeria/Nigeria_S.htm

Then these links for more info

http://www.church-of-christ.org/

http://www.firstcenturychristian.com/

And believe me when i say they are all over Nigeria. they are simply 'Churches of Christ congregations'. They have no fanfare or advert whatever
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Demainman1: 1:52pm On Oct 10, 2013
I am a CATHOLIC. I reside outside Nigeria. In all my almost 20years abroad, i have never heard a Catholic Revered Father preach TITHE. If it is happening in Nigeria, be rest assured that it is borrowed and maybe that is what the congregrants want, else they may leave the Church to go Pentecostal.

We all know that a lot of people in Nigeria are desperate miracle seekers (Catholic or no Catholic) due to the economic hardship caused by those mindless leaders. Our Leaders will never smell paradise!

CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT PREACH TITHE. That is a FACT!

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by howlongthislife: 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2013
God2man:

God2man.

Jw dont preach, demand, asked, solicit for material/monetary tithe of any kind or in any form.

Jw preache that material tithe is an exclusive of the jews.

Jw consider 'material/monetary' tithing for christians as error.

Jw teach that the book of Hebrew chapter 7 and other scriptures puts an end to the levitical arrangement/tithing.

All forms of financing among jw are voluntary and personal.

Hoping this helps.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by God2man(m): 9:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
Goshen360: Here are the list of churches that do not teach nor collect tithe around the world:

ALABAMA. Hanceville, The Hope Center-805 Main St SW (Hwy 31 S) 256.352.4729

ALABAMA; Mobile, St Stephens AME, Dr Harrison Wilson

ALABAMA: VINELAND PARK REFORMED BAPTIST, HUEYTOWN

ARIZ, MESA; NEW COVENANT BIBLE FELLOWSHIP

ARIZ, PHOENIX: ABIDING IN CHRIST BAPTIST FELLOWSHIP

ARIZ, Tiempe, NEW COV BIBLE FELLOWSHIP

CALIF, PALO ALTO, PENINSULA BIBLE CHURCH

CALIF, SUN CITY, GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH

COLO, ARVADA, GRACE CHURCH

COLO, LITTLETON, FOOTHILLS BIBLE CHURCH

FLA, HERNANDO, RIVERSIDE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP

GEORGIA, ACWORTH, IRON HILL BAPTIST

GEORGIA, SHARPSBURG; FAITH BIBLE CHURCH

GEORGIA; Gainesville, Feed My Sheep Church

GEORGIA, TUCKER, Faith Christian Church

GEORGIA, WOODSTOCK, Prayer and Praise

INDIANA, AVON; GRACE FELLOWSHIP CHURCH

IND, INDIANAPOLIS; SOLID WORD BIBLE CHURCH

KANSAS, LYONS, FIRST BAPTIST 11-2010

MICH, Detroit; Kingdom Living Ministries 13509 Gratiot

MINN, ST PAUL; WOODLAND HILLS CHURCH

MINN-ST PAUL, TWIN CITIES FELLOWSHIP

MISSOURI, EMMA; Lutheran, Rev Snyder

MISSOURI, St Louis, Victory Way Missionary Baptist

N. CAROLINA; APEX, TRIANGLE COMMUNITY CHURCH

N. CAROLINA; CROSSROADS BIBLE FELLOWSHIP

N. CAROLINA, WILMINGTON, SURFSIDE FELLOWSHIP

OHIO, CHESAPEAKE; UNION MISSIONARY BAPTIST

OHIO, CINCINNATI; NEW TESTAMENT CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP; 631 DEVITO AVE

OHIO, E CLEVELAND, NEW BIRTH CHURCH

OHIO, DAYTON; GRACE CHRISTIAN CENTER

OKLAHOMA, ENID: EMMANUEL BAPTIST SBC

OKLAHOMA, TULSA: Prayer Centre, Dave Roberson

TEXAS, ARLINGTON, Paradise Primitive Baptist Church

Texas, Austin, Austin Bible Church

TEXAS. HOUSTON, Mills Road Baptist, Dave Goodgame

TEXAS, NOCOMA, First Baptist, Dave Woodbury

VIRGINIA, Ridgeway, Paradise Temple Jones

VIRGINIA: Sandston; Tabernacle of Truth, H Pollard Jr

England, London, All Souls, Langham Place

Canada, Saskatoon, Abundant Grace Fellowship, Ron Mills

South Africa, Cape Town; Separate World Assy; Anchor of Faith International

IMMANUEL FOUNDATION MINISTRIES
PO BOX 31030 CLOCK TOWER
KAMPALA UGANDA EAST AFRICA
MAKINDYE HILL VIEW

why did take you so long?

What is the name of your own church?

i doubt all these churches, it is not possible for a church to preach against tithe, so, you are saying that these churches have no branches around the world, particularly in Nigeria,

Let's face fact, Anti-tithing is alien to christianity, take it or leave it.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Goshen360(m): 1:33am On Oct 11, 2013
God2man:
why did take you so long?

What do you mean by the above? You got what I typed from page #2 of this thread and you saying it took me long?

God2man:

What is the name of your own church?

Why are you bothered about that? Allow the Holy Spirit to show you - it's one of the churches listed there.

God2man:

i doubt all these churches, it is not possible for a church to preach against tithe,

Oh, is this a joke? First it was give us list of churches that don't tithe. Now, it's been produced. Oh, I doubt all these churches? Are you now Thomas? Ah, it is not possible for a church to preach against tithe? Don't you have videos up there on page #1? Are they not pastors there preaching against tithe? JOKER!!! cheesy Why don't you google those list and confirm their doctrine before making such statement as the ^ above.

God2man:

so, you are saying that these churches have no branches around the world, particularly in Nigeria,

So you think every church leadership will open branches where tithe will be remitted to the HQ? Is that your definition of church growth or expansion? The end time church is in a mess and needs clean-up. You people open branches which is even unscriptural and tell local branches to remit tithe to HQ. That's un-apostolic.

Oh, in Nigeria? JOKER!!! cheesy

God2man:

Let's face fact, Anti-tithing is alien to christianity, take it or leave it.

God bless you.
God2man.

What!!! shocked Because they don't tithe, they are alien to Christianity? Are you serious? Where did early Christians PAID tithe if these churches are alien to Christianity? Do you think everyone will be follow-follow like most Nigerian churches? So not tithe is = to alien to Christianity in your own definition? So, tithing is the bedrock of Christianity? Do you even understand the meaning of what you saying? You're insulting the blood of the mediator of the new covenant which is Christ. angry

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by swtchicgurl: 1:01pm On Oct 11, 2013
Goshen360:

Why are you bothered about that? Allow the Holy Spirit to show you - it's one of the churches listed there.

I was going to avoid this thread, but this line forced me to comment! I can't believe I'm reading this from someone who claims to be a christian and so knowledgeable!

This is a very rude, proud, vain and costly statement to make! You obviously lack respect for the Holy Spirit!

Each time I read your post, you convince me more how anti-christ you are tending to!

God have mercy on your proud soul!

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by God2man(m): 2:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Goshen360:

What do you mean by the above? You got what I typed from page #2 of this thread and you saying it took me long?

Oh, is this a joke? First it was give us list of churches that don't tithe. Now, it's been produced. Oh, I doubt all these churches? Are you now Thomas? Ah, it is not possible for a church to preach against tithe? Don't you have videos up there on page #1? Are they not pastors there preaching against tithe? JOKER!!! cheesy Why don't you google those list and confirm their doctrine before making such statement as the ^ above.

So you think every church leadership will open branches where tithe will be remitted to the HQ? Is that your definition of church growth or expansion? The end time church is in a mess and needs clean-up. You people open branches which is even unscriptural and tell local branches to remit tithe to HQ. That's un-apostolic.

Oh, in Nigeria? JOKER!!! cheesy

What!!! shocked Because they don't tithe, they are alien to Christianity? Are you serious? Where did early Christians PAID tithe if these churches are alien to Christianity? Do you think everyone will be follow-follow like most Nigerian churches? So not tithe is = to alien to Christianity in your own definition? So, tithing is the bedrock of Christianity? Do you even understand the meaning of what you saying? You're insulting the blood of the mediator of the new covenant which is Christ. angry

why are you playing on the intelligence of Nigerian churches, why? But you are Nigerian.

How can somebody with holyspirit be insulting the blood of covenant?

Goshen360, are you really a christian?

My God, help us on Nairaland.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by truthislight: 2:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
swtchicgurl:

This is a very rude, proud, vain and costly statement to make!
You obviously lack respect for the Holy Spirit!

Each time I read your post, you convince me more how anti-christ you are tending to!

God have mercy on your proud soul![/b]

Sharrap !

Shameless woman.
if you dont have a job Go get a job or ask your husband to get one and be productive.

Nonsens!

*she only seem to appear on religiouse section whenever tithe is being exposed*

do you survive on tithe ?

does tithing takes one to heaven ?

Are christians commanded to pay tithe ? Answer me!

cool

*if you are married that is*
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by swtchicgurl: 6:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
truthislight:

Sharrap !

Shameless woman.
if you dont have a job Go get a job or ask your husband to get one and be productive.

Nonsens!

*she only seem to appear on religiouse section whenever tithe is being exposed*

do you survive on tithe ?

does tithing takes one to heaven ?

Are christians commanded to pay tithe ? Answer me!

cool

*if you are married that is*

funny! i wonder how much u earn that is making tithing so difficult for you! grin

do i survive on tithe? sorry i don't. I PAY TITHE! Glory to God
cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by truthislight: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
swtchicgurl:

funny! i wonder how much u earn that is making tithing so difficult for you! grin

cheesy

why then are you crying for a material tithe that will not give anyone everlasting life ?

swtchicgurl: GOSHEN,

This thread solidly confirms you know NOTHING (NOT A LITTLE, NOTHING) about the Word of God nor spiritual understanding.

Becareful man, the "Letter is killing you" @ Cor. 3:6 cry

Have you ever heard of spiritual devourers?! Where exactly do you make up these 'teachings' from?

I advised you to ask the Holy Spirit for help when studying the Bible and you have obviously refused.

Becareful, keep your errors to yourself, stop making other people err!

Don't stir up the consequences of turning other people from the truth.

You may not may not get the chance to reconcile with all the people you turned from the truth! Be careful!

this is what that leads to eternal life and not tithe :

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. " (John 17:3).

Stop crying for tithe. cool
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by DrummaBoy(m): 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
Processor01: To be frank, there has been so much debate on here about tithing and while I have completely stopped tithing I still find it hard to fit into churches that still practice this.

I was wondering if others could share a list of churches that do not preach tithing.

Waiting for the likes of Drummaboy, Goshen, Pastor Kun, Candour and all others.

GOD BLESS

My sincere apologies to the OP for responding to this post late.

When I stopped tithing March this year, I had a similar challenge. I felt defrauded all these years and didn't want to associate with any tithe collecting church.

Those derogated as anti tithers on this forum were the ones who encouraged me to continue in that church in spite of. And I thank God I did bc I am helping others comprehend the tithe matter too.

Last weekend I attended a retreat in Lagos by Crown Bible Church. They do not preach tithes. Small church but doing great things for God.

I understand Church of Christ also do not preach tithes.

But I think it doesn't matter whether a church preaches tithes or does not; we can remain there as long as we are not thrown out or God has not specifically led us else where.

The primary error of tithe teaching is that it is fundamental to these churches. We cannot join in this error by making anti tithe fundamental also and then leave tithe churches.

Hope this helps...

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Boomark(m): 3:15am On Oct 12, 2013
swtchicgurl:

cheesy

Whatever is not true is not true. That you are earning millions every day does not make tithe paying by Christians true.

He asked you a simple question, are Christians commanded to pay tithe? Just like other commandments written in the letters that Christians should observe. Is there anything like tithe paying for them?
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 12, 2013
[/quote]so, you are saying that these churches have no branches around the world, particularly in Nigeria, [quote]

What has having a branch in Nigeria got to do with the validity of tithing? You dudes really amaze me.Tithing was not even popular in Nigeria until the arrival of the late Idahosa and his brand of money xtianity.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 12, 2013
[/quote]Let's face fact, Anti-tithing is alien to christianity, take it or leave it [quote]

This is the most ridiculous statement ever made to support tithing.So tithing has now become the foundation of the xtian faith? To think that tithing was not even practised in the first 580 years of christianity.SMH

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Enigma(m): 7:59am On Oct 12, 2013
DrummaBoy:

My sincere apologies to the OP for responding to this post late.

When I stopped tithing March this year, I had a similar challenge. I felt defrauded all these years and didn't want to associate with any tithe collecting church.

Those derogated as anti tithers on this forum were the ones who encouraged me to continue in that church in spite of. And I thank God I did bc I am helping others comprehend the tithe matter too.

Last weekend I attended a retreat in Lagos by Crown Bible Church. They do not preach tithes. Small church but doing great things for God.

I understand Church of Christ also do not preach tithes.

But I think it doesn't matter whether a church preaches tithes or does not; we can remain there as long as we are not thrown out or God has not specifically led us else where.

The primary error of tithe teaching is that it is fundamental to these churches. We cannot join in this error by making anti tithe fundamental also and then leave tithe churches.

Hope this helps...

Excellent excellent post. A church may have many other good qualities even though it preaches/practises tithing. There are examples of such churches. And a person who disagrees with the teaching of tithing may yet find good reasons to keep attending that church --- perhaps unless and until he finds one equally agreeable with the added bonus of not preaching tithing.

I have said on this forum that while I understand the "come out of her" approach, one may still choose to keep attending traditional/institutional churches. Generally, I do not like using myself as an example but I have also said here before that when I'm in Nigeria I attend a church that actually preaches tithing!

Obviously, the likelihood is that even people who tithe do not agree 100% with everything taught or done in their churches unless they are complete mumus or blindly loyal. (Actually, 'blindly loyal' can apply not only to tithing people but to people of other denominations especially those claiming that their church is the only true church or the first or the one who 'compiled' or even wrote or perhaps magically and solely produced the "Bible" yadayadayada)

One other thing, even among the members of churches that preach tithing how many people actually pay the tithes? There is no question that there are some who do not "pay" tithes at all and it is also arguable that what some present as "tithes" is not actually 10 per cent.

smiley
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by swtchicgurl: 9:06am On Oct 12, 2013
truthislight:

why then are you crying for a material tithe that will not give anyone everlasting life ?

this is what that leads to eternal life and not tithe :

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. " (John 17:3).

Stop crying for tithe. cool

Boomark:

Whatever is not true is not true. That you are earning millions every day does not make tithe paying by Christians true.

He asked you a simple question, are Christians commanded to pay tithe? Just like other commandments written in the letters that Christians should observe. Is there anything like tithe paying for them?

It's a shame you both mis-understood me. I don't recieve tithe because I am not in the position to do so. I PAY TITHE, thereby honouring God's commandment. 'Nuf said.

Stay blessed friends.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithe Churches by Boomark(m): 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
swtchicgurl:

It's a shame you both mis-understood me. I don't recieve tithe because I am not in the position to do so. I PAY TITHE, thereby honouring God's commandment. 'Nuf said.

Stay blessed friends.

Hmm... Whenever they want to run away from my questions, they will just say anything. Am not against your paying tithe. Go and do more studies my friend.
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by truthislight: 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
swtchicgurl:

Stay blessed friends.

bokom: Pls read and think of it ...,Pastors are building Empires for themselves.... These Pastors tell us 'law' came by moses, but 'grace' came by Jesus... They pray with the grace of Jesus, and collect money with the law of Moses. They are Christians, but nothing Christ-like about them anymore... Jesus Christ was a just man, who understood the principle of the 'widow's mite', but our today Pastors don't give a shit about widow's mite... The more you give, the more important you're in today's churches, irrespective of wether the money is ill-gotten or not. JUST GIVE!!!! The bible is now a weapon of mass deception... They twist the bible knowing that people are lazy to read. They collect 10% tithe, they collect welfare offering, they collect building offering, regular offering *all from one month's salary etc.... After which they will ask you to make vows and sow seeds at random! Haha!! Why won't they be billionaires?After collection, they build high profile schools, exotic Hotels and Hospitals for Politicians and their children, not caring about people who have been giving their widow's mite. The bible said "give that there may be meat in my store house"... God never said you should keep collecting after you have an overflow.
Otunba Fayo OgunkanmbiBOWEN UNIVERSITY N650,000 persemester, COVENANT UNIVERSITY N640,000 per semester, BENSON IDAHOSA N500,000 per semester, JABU450,000 per semester, BABCOCK UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY N450,000 persemester, AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester, MADONNA UNIVERSITY 350,000 per semester. ALLOF THESE UNIVERSITIES WERE BUILTFROM TITHES AND OFFERINGS OF THECOMMON PEOPLE WHO NOW CAN'TAFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE! where is the morals of thechurch going? These schools were all built with the sweats of their church members who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed,redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor's birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father's day seed, mother's day seed, children' day seed, pastor's cake seed, olive oil seed, etc. These schls are now elite schools, only for the rich politician children. The gainers then use the profits to buy private planes $ jets to fly up high in luxury. While Warren Buffet who has a company that build jets, still fly around on public commercial jet. Meanwhile, their members sleep hungry & d next Sunday, they will read Malachi 3:6-12. If you think this is unfair, like me, please pass on dis msg because this is reality & we should start the change now! May God deliver us.

https://www.nairaland.com/1476356/nigerian-pastors-must-read#18781444
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by cbravo(m): 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
CAUSES OF DIABETES MELLITUS AMONG COCIN CLERGIES AND ITS EFFECTS: CASE STUDY OF COCIN PCC JOS.

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/theology/causes-of-diabetes-mellitus-among-cocin-clergies-and-its-effects/
Re: Anti-tithe Churches by cbravo(m): 9:35am On May 21, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Construction Of Mosque in Lagos State,with Special Design / 5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible / Cobwebs : Do You Always use Head to Carry it ? 0905...406..9427

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.