Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,399 members, 7,950,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt (28509 Views)

Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? / FG To Commission 7 Power Plants, 150 Sub-stations, Says Minister / Ojodu Has The Best Power Supply In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Truckpusher(m): 10:53am On Oct 07, 2013
freecocoa: Eh excuse me please, what part of ph are you talking about? Cos I stay in ph and I haven't experienced more than two hours of steady power supply for years now.
Leave that ghetto, they don't pay the bills and they equally pay less tax......you think the govt. is stewpid? cheesy
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by kkokoma: 10:53am On Oct 07, 2013
we hardly get 4 hours of power daily in Woji part of PH, the poster shld be more specific

2 Likes

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by wickyyolo: 10:57am On Oct 07, 2013
For now, I know that the proble is power transmission. The PHCN officials are the ones denying us light. Criminals.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 07, 2013
StarBoard: Not true.
I live on Odili Road, and even now the power situation has worsened, compared to a year ago.
Those who know PH will tell you that in terms of reliability, Odili road used to be where to find good power.
But this past weekend ,they kept taking and bringing it back.
Where is the said 24/7 supply when for most of yesterday (Sunday), I was on generator?

no be this odili road when i dey sha . the light comes and goes but not like you are trying to paint it.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by naijanaso: 10:59am On Oct 07, 2013
Donalð Genes: I must say that the 24 Hours power supply I have been experiencing in my City Port-Harcourt for over a Month now is OVERWHELMING. I wonder whether I am still in Nigeria.. And the news is all over the Media.
Should i call this the wind of Change sweeping across 9ja...................
[/b][b]

Which part of Ph is that? We can honestly ackonwledge there is a slight improvement in Power recently, but that not qualifies for the term 24/7. I also stay in PH and I know what I'm saying. There is no 24/7 power supply yet.
I guess the poster stays in area where there was no light at all and now sees like 6hrs daily of light, so he translates that to mean 24/7.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Symphony007: 10:59am On Oct 07, 2013
bunmayo123:

Na wa o, i never knew power project is now equivalent to having power supply at Rumuokoro. Pls just try to dispute me then i will snap darkness for you this night. #Sillyliars
this is just plain stupid. It is called power distribution. Take eneka for example. They don't have light. That does'nt mean there is no power to supply them, there is, is distribution that's a problem. That is why a power station is being built behind the eneka health center and poles are with power lines are being run from it along to road to igruwuta, rupurkwu,etc.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Godwin978(m): 11:00am On Oct 07, 2013
dey ar tryin here in ikot ekpene, there is light since ystday wen they take it bfor 2min they brought

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by naijanaso: 11:01am On Oct 07, 2013
aguiyi:

no be this odili road when i dey sha . the light comes and goes but not like you are trying to paint it.

Sinserely, Odili road light has dropped significantly in recent times. Most of my colleagues live there.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by freecocoa(f): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2013
Truckpusher: Leave that ghetto, they don't pay the bills and they equally pay less tax......you think the govt. is stewpid? cheesy
I don't live in a ghetto and even if I did, the OP said 'port-hatcourt' and as far as I reside in ph(ghetto or not) I have the right to speak up.

I bet all these other people who experience the same live in ghettos too.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Ukutsgp(m): 11:04am On Oct 07, 2013
Soon the use of gen will become a thing of the past.

4 Likes

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by dammygoody(m): 11:05am On Oct 07, 2013
INNO18: here in Awka, the last time there was an outage was when PHCN officials fixed a power line. it's been 24 hrs for the past week.
you guys are just talking about awka,ph etc ,here in Gun State,reverse is the case. grin
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 07, 2013
fashrola: Ask anybody about the power condition of elelenwo/Akpajo axis, maybe they are still working on ur line and ur power supply will improve, likewise us the elelenwo/akpajo resident we suffered for years without light so its a different story now...first time I'm experiencing fresh air
Well I cannot agree with the above thread title.
Simply for the reasons I stated in my post.
If power supply has regressed in my area it cannot be said to have improved in general.

I'm talking of Odili Road where power used to be stable. There are othere parts of town were power is a luxury even as I type this.
I know the Ribvers state government is working on an IPP but to say power has improved as a result of FG's intervention is a huge untruth. That it has improved in Akpajo/Elelnwo is not a reason to conclude that it has improved in genreal across town.
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2013
aguiyi:

Yesterday, the y took the light from about 9am till about past 3pm in the afternoon.
It stayed for about 20 mins before they restored it at a few minutes to 5 pm in the afternoon.
It was taken again in the evening for nearly 2 hours.
So what are we saying here.
I have lived in Odili road for nearly 5 years now so I know what I''m saying. It has not improved, talk less of 24/7.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 07, 2013
freecocoa: Eh excuse me please, what part of ph are you talking about? Cos I stay in ph and I haven't experienced more than two hours of steady power supply for years now.
when na for inside aluu vilaage u dey live,mgbeke

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by emmddy: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2013
big lie...... during the just past weekend i spent 3,000 naira to fuel my generator. may be you are talking about another portharcourt different from the one in Rivers state.

polluted air.......
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by bunmayo123: 11:13am On Oct 07, 2013
Symphony007: this is just plain stupid. It is called power distribution. Take eneka for example. They don't have light. That does'nt mean there is no power to supply them, there is, is distribution that's a problem. That is why a power station is being built behind the eneka health center and poles are with power lines are being run from it along to road to igruwuta, rupurkwu,etc.

Abeg nairalanders make una help me here o. What are u on about? Like u smoke super glue this morning ba? What is the title of this tread pls?

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Tonniey(m): 11:14am On Oct 07, 2013
You have a bad transformer. Repair or renew ur transformer and light will reach your house. Or do you want GEJ to buy you a transformer again!!!

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Vincent41(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2013
Donalð Genes: I must say that the 24 Hours power supply I have been experiencing in my City Port-Harcourt for over a Month now is OVERWHELMING. I wonder whether I am still in Nigeria.. And the news is all over the Media.
Should i call this the wind of Change sweeping across 9ja...................
[/b][b]

Nigeria is such a uselsee country dat notin last...1 month of constant light might result in 6 months of Darkness
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2013
Too many apc members posing as ph residents angry,gej till 2019
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Truckpusher(m): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Most of these people shouting liars up and down probably stay in one Godforsaken part of PHC tongue grin grin........I have light in my house for at least 20hrs to 23hrs everyday for the past 2 yrs plus ,though we do have temporary shutdown due to lightening , rainstorms and other unforeseen circumstances.

There are categories of area and people that the govt. wouldn't bat an eyelid even if they remain in the dark for ten thousand yrs grin and they fall into these two categories.

Most folks here crying louder abt this news probably bought hectares of land from an unsuspecting gullible Ikwerre man ,built a mansion in the
middle of nowhere close to an interior village and says' i stay in port harcourt'.....how will the govt spend money in distributing power to a
people don't even need it because to them it's just luxury and not a necessity.....abi to distribute power na toy play? lipsrsealed

The die hard ghetto areas where the occupants are mostly of Niger Deltans and SE region that feels that they have a right to get everything
from the govt free.These guys aren't ready to pay the bills,take care of their infrastructure because to them it's govt responsibility and when
disconnection hits them, they sure do have a way to go round and get themselves fixed after all govt. must take care of them too grin
Go and rent/buy or build a house in a nice environment ,your comfort matters a lot and not how many plots of land you've been able to acquire and develop in one hellhole all in the name of I GET PLENTY LAND FOR PORT HARCOURT grin grin cheesy
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by Udehpaschal1(m): 11:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Truckpusher: And your written grammatical composition stinks like that of a 17th century illiterate undecided

It's only in Nairaland that dullards, poverty stricken fellows,uneducated cretins and undesirable elements of the society are always the first to call names instead of focusing on the topic itself...smh.

I'll bet my black a$$ ;your supposedly literate amoeba dad can't even afford a simple square meal for you and your battalions of siblings shocked shocked
grin grin grin chai!!! Y na? Do u wnt dis dude to start crying? K.O REPLY cool
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by roxell120(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
Donmams:
It just confirms what we already know. GEJ is working for, and only for the SS/SE! I hope you people have enough votes to return him to power in 2015. Else it's curtains for the fool
apc bigot wen are u going to change? here in orile iganmu lagos we just recorded 4days uninterrupted power supply today and counting. power project takes gradual process.we are getting there.

3 Likes

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by gbishman: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
Pls, this is a blatant lie. For confirmation pls go to rumuomasi amadi close just beside shell contractors back gate those guys havent seen light for the past months, those guys are on life support from generator plants. just go and see for urself. 24/7 light my ass. Am sure this retard lives in goverment house were generator work 24hrs and he is mistaking it for nepa or phcn

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by bunmayo123: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
Tonniey:
You have a bad transformer. Repair or renew ur transformer and light will reach your house. Or do you want GEJ to buy you a transformer again!!!

Ewoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Militants don visit this tread oooooo, make una run for una dear lives ooooo
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by freecocoa(f): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2013
Tonniey:
I see that y'all are high on your shyt this morning, so I'm supposed to repair or renew transformer now e kwa? So these ones testifying of steady power supply bought transformers themselves abi? Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by roxell120(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2013
Vincent 4: ..

Nigeria is such a uselsee country dat notin last...1 month of constant light might result in 6 months of Darkness
back to sender! u cant stop a moving train. nigeria must move forward leaving u behind. evil spirits
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by djeezy(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2013
I stay in ph and only few places have light 24/7. Places like Mile 3. The rest of the places, it come and goes and doesn't come at all.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by ajanaku2(m): 11:28am On Oct 07, 2013
I thought Rumuola, Rumuodaolu and Rumuokwuta are parts of Port Harcourt...

Op, you get permanent Suite for Presidential Hotel? I know say light no dey off for that side!

Abi o faa Gbana ni? No be this same PH?

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by DeCleff(m): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2013
Promhize:

Please pass me what you're smoking, so I can see the power plants that amaechi has commissioned.
Only an ignorant fool like u will disagree wit the fact that Ameachi is the man behind the improvement in Rivers state.

Apart from d endless work on d east-west road, can u mention one more project GEJ did in Rivers state except trying to cripple rivers economy
Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by emmymdk: 11:32am On Oct 07, 2013
Abeg,is Rumuagholu in Portharcourt? Because we no dey see 24/7 light here... Wetin we day see na 3hrs light in 3days. So OP try to specify the specific place in PH that enjoys the so called 24/7 light and don't generalize it,thereby miss informing the world...

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by ashaju33: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2013
U better be specific, light has not been regular in my area for d past 3 weeks and i stay in cocaine village. 90% of Ph city dey suffer from irregular power supply.

1 Like

Re: 24/7 Power Supply In Port-Harcourt by vislabraye(m): 11:34am On Oct 07, 2013
During my stay in PH, I experienced constant power supply. Sometimes, for the whole 24 hours. They never took light for one hour in a stretch.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tinubu On 2-Day Working Visit To Kano, Donate ₦100 Million To Flood Victims / INEC Announces PDP's Diri Winner Of Bayelsa Governorship Election 2023 / Osun PDP Crisis Rages, Adeleke Questioned Over Qualification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.